HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

You guys ever feel like you wasted a night?

Old
02-10-2011, 11:11 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
What did JM have to say about this game tonight?

He probably said something along the lines of that he was happy with how his team played tonight and his guys played with lots of emotion.. blah blah blah

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Judging by your excessive use of exclamation marks, emoticons and run-on sentences, you're quite the 14 year old expert.
This does not have to be about my grade 3 education.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:14 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
This does not have to be about my grade 3 education.
Never too late to learn.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
That's one of my bigger concerns. All too often recently, we're flat out of the gate and get scored on first. It's not a good strategy going forward. The players have to do a better job of focusing at the beginning in addition to the coaching staff doing a better job of motivating these players.

The D needs a serious wake up call.

By performance, our top 6 is Pleks line and Desharnais line. Gomez needs to pick it up (and I'm fairly confident he will) or else we have a 7 million dollar deadweight as a 3rd line center.
Ok but we scored the 1st goal tonight and didn't win and scored the 1st goal against the Rangers and Panthers and won but got scored on 1st against the Caps and won. Bad starts aren't a nice thing but it seems this team can lose or win any game regardless of 1st period. Hell, if not for our crappy D we easily win the Bruins game with the effort our forwards generally put forth.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:18 PM
NewHabsEra*

I think JM missed the boat on SO, Im ok with Gionta but I would rather have sent Subban and Desharnais..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

The lowest we can realistically fall is 8th or so. Still, to make that happen, we would need a new D-man coach.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I think JM missed the boat on SO, Im ok with Gionta but I would rather have sent Subban and Desharnais..
What game did you watch ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
Ok but we scored the 1st goal tonight and didn't win and scored the 1st goal against the Rangers and Panthers and won but got scored on 1st against the Caps and won. Bad starts aren't a nice thing but it seems this team can lose or win any game regardless of 1st period. Hell, if not for our crappy D we easily win the Bruins game with the effort our forwards generally put forth.
True, but you have a much better chance of winning if you get off to an energetic start, finish the period ahead, and then dictate the game the way JM wants to with his 'system'. Sounds cliche and all, but this team has looked slow to start games, and they didn't earlier in the year.

Habit11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
What happened to gill tonight? I missed the first 5 minutes of the game.
Injured from last night game. Didn't play at all.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
No, getting scored of first doesn't mean much if you are a good offensive team, which the Habs, for the most part are not. You will always find games where we scored first and lost or got scored on and won. Look at our record when each situation happens and you will see that it's to our advantage to score first and a lot of that comes down to having a good start to the game.

I'm just saying, you can't expect us to always be able to come back from a bad first period. It's not a sustainable performance in the long term.

But I agree with you, we need to shore up our D quick. It's crucial, especially on nights when our goalies are not at 100%.

Old
02-10-2011, 11:23 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
The lowest we can realistically fall is 8th or so. Still, to make that happen, we would need a new D-man coach.
Maybe some healthy bodies would be helpful. A few of these guys have been covering for major injuries on D for a couple of years now.

I didn't have high expectations after last night. Saturday night will serve more of a gauge for me. Gomez could have been heroic tonight but that card didn't fall into place either. But there are some gutsy players on this roster.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Injured from last night game. Didn't play at all.
From what? Stretched out his arms too much during his bear hug?

Hope he gets better soon.

Old
Craig71

Quote:
Never too late to learn.
It's all good my friend. I have learned in this life, if you give it you must take it.

Old
02-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Not only we need a healthy body or two on the blueline (if Festerling counts, Festerling) but I think the D-men are poorly coached as well.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Nidema

Quote:
It's all good my friend. I have learned in this life, if you give it you must take it.
Agreed.

If you're willing to be a dick to others, prepare to be penetrated on occasions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Not only we need a healthy body or two on the blueline (if Festerling counts, Festerling) but I think the D-men are poorly coached as well.
I don't think they are poorly coached, I think the D is overtaxed. Spacek and Hamrlik haven't been great recently and thats a result of picking up slack from Gorges and Markov injury. Subban and Wiz have been very average on occasions. For Subban, I think that's part of the learning curve. For Wiz, I think he just played too well at the beginning and set unrealistic expectations for his performance down the stretch. Thank god Weber has emerged as a fairly reliable guy.

Old
02-10-2011, 11:32 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Agreed.

If you're willing to be a dick to others, prepare to be penetrated on occasions.
Go where you are pushed, that's what I say.

Old
02-10-2011, 11:32 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Go where you are pushed, that's what I say.
That's a more elegant way of putting it. That's for sure!

Old
02-10-2011, 11:33 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

I was there

we were talking about the movie Sudden Death all night long. That was way more entertaining then that game

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:34 PM
haburger

10-4-4 in our last 18 games.i got no problem with that at all.an if u do ,,,,,let me know an i ll take u to town.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:37 PM
Azalichio

Send a message via MSN to Azalichio
Got back from the game a few minutes ago. Overall the habs didn't play that bad of a game, at least, most player did. Some even had great game.

But holy crap was Wiz and Hammer bad. Wiz was especially horrible, always late on the play, couldn't hold the line, bad decision all night long. Probably made Hammer look much worse then he actually was. Everytime those two were on the ice and the puck was in the habs zone, impossible to get it out. Felt like a nightmare.

I'm a big fan of Andrei K. Never thought he would be a star and most of the time, I think he's worth the money he's getting. But please, please, keep him away from Gomez. As far as possible, those two CANNOT be playing together. Kostitsyn, for all his flaw, still had a good +/- and was showing good effort most of the time this season. Every time he's been demoted to the second line with Gomez it's like he completely lose all of his skills. K need to be playing with hard worker, that's why it worked well early in the season with Plek, why he doesn't look too out of place when playing with the 3rd and 4th line. He feed on the energy of players around him. Gomez is somewhat that kind of player too, those two together are probably the worse combination you can make with the habs. And oh boy did it reflected on Eller's game, the kid looked lost on the ice.

In the late third, Gomez was booed alot and I feel it's going to get much worse before it get better.

Azalichio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitsky View Post
I was there

we were talking about the movie Sudden Death all night long. That was way more entertaining then that game
My brother was there and he echoed your post.

Old
02-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalichio View Post
Got back from the game a few minutes ago. Overall the habs didn't play that bad of a game, at least, most player did. Some even had great game.

But holy crap was Wiz and Hammer bad. Wiz was especially horrible, always late on the play, couldn't hold the line, bad decision all night long. Probably made Hammer look much worse then he actually was. Everytime those two were on the ice and the puck was in the habs zone, impossible to get it out. Felt like a nightmare.

I'm a big fan of Andrei K. Never thought he would be a star and most of the time, I think he's worth the money he's getting. But please, please, keep him away from Gomez. As far as possible, those two CANNOT be playing together. Kostitsyn, for all his flaw, still had a good +/- and was showing good effort most of the time this season. Every time he's been demoted to the second line with Gomez it's like he completely lose all of his skills. K need to be playing with hard worker, that's why it worked well early in the season with Plek, why he doesn't look too out of place when playing with the 3rd and 4th line. He feed on the energy of players around him. Gomez is somewhat that kind of player too, those two together are probably the worse combination you can make with the habs. And oh boy did it reflected on Eller's game, the kid looked lost on the ice.

In the late third, Gomez was booed alot and I feel it's going to get much worse before it get better.
Hamrlik and Wisniewski are getting more ice time than they are able to handle right now, but with the injuries, they get a pass from me on their play.

As for the Gomez line, JM is showing that he's not thinking clearly by putting them together again after last night's game. I don't know why he thought that they would magically be better, and contribute in a positive way. All 3 players should have been split up tonight.

Habit11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Nedved

habs board after going 0-2-1.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:55 PM
Craig71

I might not write perfect sentences. (Nidema help me) But at the end of the 82 game schedule you have to look back at games. This will be one we should have won. The Habs should have played harder and won this one. I know it's only one game but we needed this win. I hope we have a better efort against TO on Saturday. Good night fellow scholars.

Old
02-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Nidema

Quote:
I might not write perfect sentences. (Nidema help me) But at the end of the 82 game schedule you have to look back at games. This will be one we should have won. The Habs should have played harder and won this one. I know it's only one game but we needed this win. I hope we have a better efort against TO on Saturday. Good night fellow scholars.
I'll be the first to admit that my English is far from perfect. (It's actually pretty bad)

At the end of the season, I doubt we remember this game. If we do, it will be the afterthought to the Bruins game.