HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Sami Salo recalled from conditioning loan, likely to play Sat.

Old
02-09-2011, 08:06 PM
YogiCanucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthVanCanuck View Post
This is equivalent to acquiring a top-pairing defenceman for nothing at the trade deadline. Awesome!
We should acquire a steady, great hip checking leader of a defenceman in 2-4 weeks.

Heck, a couple weeks before the playoffs why don't we just get a 1B guy with a BOOMING shot who can work the point better than anyone along side Ehrhoff.

GET IT DONE GILLIS!

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 08:31 PM
B-rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecktor View Post
Hah! If you look back not even very long ago people were looking to dump him for a sack of pucks (cap space.) People do turn on him and don't appreciate Salo. We only love our players when they are out. Why is Salo not expected to injure himself again immediately after coming back? Is he suddenly not injury prone? *If* that's our fans' only reason for bashing him lol. Again, absence makes the heart grow fonder just like for Willie Mitchell during his concussion he was suddenly our best defenseman but now no one would even think about taking him back on our core after he chose to sign with the LA kings (for that price sure, but if he was our best defenseman why wouldn't you?)

No one called him (Salo) a first pairing defenseman/our best defenseman until right about when he was injured in the summer... I will dig up threads from before then if you all have such short term memories.

I'm glad he's back but there's no telling he doesn't drop again and I'm okay with that.
Not sure where you've been but a lot of people have been calling Salo a top d-man on the Canucks for years. I've always maintained he's one of the most underrated 2 way d-men in the league, and definitely one of the Canucks best d-men. He rarely makes mistakes. Unfortunately, he's made of balsa wood.

B-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 10:00 PM
GreenPenInk

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rock View Post
Not sure where you've been but a lot of people have been calling Salo a top d-man on the Canucks for years. I've always maintained he's one of the most underrated 2 way d-men in the league, and definitely one of the Canucks best d-men. He rarely makes mistakes. Unfortunately, he's made of balsa wood.
This search function is balls or I am terrible at using it. Whenever I add parameters to narrow my search it refuses to search past a certain time period. I wish I posted more often so I could just go through my own posts. When I find the threads I will post them here. Also, I am not saying every single poster felt that way, I am saying I have seen many threads with the majority sentiment being Salo's injury prone nature was not made up for by his overall skill making him easily expendable.

Edit: HAHA somehow a rant smilie got added to this post unintentionally. I kind of wanted to leave it.

GreenPenInk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 10:01 PM
xtr3m

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
We should acquire a steady, great hip checking leader of a defenceman in 2-4 weeks.

Heck, a couple weeks before the playoffs why don't we just get a 1B guy with a BOOMING shot who can work the point better than anyone along side Ehrhoff.

GET IT DONE GILLIS!
What's better: those guys wont get injured again this season, because, you know, they got their injuries out of the way!

xtr3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Jeff Babchuk

Please don't let Sami stay on the ice at the same time as Forsberg.
With their history of injuries they're bound to crash into each other, with devastating results.

Jeff Babchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 07:44 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Stop jinxing our players it's not funny

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote