HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[OTT/NAS] Mike Fisher for NAS 2011 1st, Conditional 2012 Pick

Old
02-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Billy Madison*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorMaster View Post
Yeah, the movie was awesome.

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
That's how I wanna go.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 07:51 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullrun View Post
Nashville overpaid here

I don't see how fisher is worth a 1st and possible 2nd/3rd...but if you need a center you have to get creative I guess
We needed help. Injuries.

Sometimes you have to pay up.

The Preds paid, but strengthened the team. It will only be a poor trade if what some said about his shoulder and wear and tear (or his marriage...lol) means he's really lost something.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 08:39 AM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
Murray awarded Fisher for all his years of service and sent him to Nashville. I have no doubt they could have gotten alot more for him if they started a bidding war. It's nice to see moves like this sometimes.

ReLyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 08:54 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLyT View Post
Murray awarded Fisher for all his years of service and sent him to Nashville. I have no doubt they could have gotten alot more for him if they started a bidding war. It's nice to see moves like this sometimes.
Yeah. We're in a draft position where we feel we can adequately replace his spot with a top 3 pick. The team needed to move on and we sent him the place he wanted to go. Good karma, looks good on our franchise, Alfie retires here, Fisher had to go but we accommodated him and his 2nd choice.

It'd suck if Tyler Toffoli was in on an LA deal though, really big on Toffoli.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 08:59 AM
Filip Forceberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Madison View Post
Where do people get the idea that it's a weak draft? I'm not going to argue one way or another but if people want to come out and say it's weak, at least reference a reason why it would be that way... Just because there is no Crosby or Ovechkin, it doesn't mean it's a weak draft, it could just as easily mean it's a very deep draft with players 5-20 all pretty close to the same level. 2003 is a good example of people saying it's a "weak draft" because there is no clear cut number 1 pick.

Again, I'm not saying it's a weak or a deep draft as I really don't know how these players will pan out (amazing some people do though), but to make a statement like it's a fact is wrong.

I completely agree. But if that's the case, we'll just draft another Shea Weber in the 2nd round with New Jersey's pick.

Filip Forceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 09:09 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLyT View Post
At first this possibility bugged me. Then, after thinking for one second about hoe much Fisher has done for the team, I approve. Definition of a heart and soul guy.

Nashville fans are gonna love him.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner88 View Post
Let the rebuild begin!
Agreed. I think it will be interesting to watch. Murray coached the Wings back in the early 90's so he knows first hand what an effective rebuilding process looks like. He'll be fine.

Mike Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 09:59 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

I heard this morning an ottawa country station has banned carrie underwoods music and called her the yoko ono of the nhl. I don't know if it was a joke or not, but funny none the less

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I heard this morning an ottawa country station has banned carrie underwoods music and called her the yoko ono of the nhl. I don't know if it was a joke or not, but funny none the less
That'll last until her next hit. Probably wasn't a joke...the only person people in Ottawa were more attached to was Fisher.

Old
02-11-2011, 10:40 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Good trade for Nashville. Do not want to face that team in the playoffs.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 11:56 AM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
I'm way late on this deal but I think this is way over the top off the mark.

O'Reilly had a ton to prove yet as an NHL player. And now he's got an exploded leg that needs to heal. Yes, he may be at full strength by next year, but you don't know. He's going to have to earn it. Lombardi unfortunately may have a soft head now after one too many bad concussions, nobody knows for sure. He isn't skating after a hit taken four months and 50 games ago.

So yeah, some guys may not be on the Preds roster, but they may not have been anyway, due to these injuries and for O'Reilly, missing out on development time. If Goc is one that goes, that isn't good, but maybe Poile had decided he may not match what some others may bid. But there's certainly room for Goc without much trouble.

Poile added a guy who will cost 4m, and 3m, the next two years which seems ok. And got something we lacked. None of our other centers bring the physical edge of Fisher. Certainly not now when they aren't even playing. We got some speed back that we lost when Lombardi was hurt. I like our forwards a lot more now than jsut a few days ago. We should have three lines going well again now. I really like the Predators make up. We're a good team and could win in the playoffs. I'm glad the move was made now because they have to make the playoffs first, with the best seed possible.
OpenWheel, I'm going to agree with you. I did go overboard. I've mellowed my response somewhat in my weekly Friday Face-Offs (and pointed out my overreaction via my tweets at that).

However, the only way one of Goc or O'Reilly are kept is if Sullivan is not re-signed and one the centers shifts to wing to replace Sullivan. The other is gone. This all assumes Lombardi is back too.

Is Lombardi-Legwand-Fisher that much better next season than Lombardi-Legwand-Goc if you could strengthen the team in other areas knowing that Goc will likely be a couple million cheaper even with a raise?

Given the injury situation Nashville is in, Fisher makes Nashville better today. Could they have done that with a pure rental and looked for scoring in a better way in the offseason?

That's where I was coming from, even if I did do so in an over-the-top fashion.

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Minister of Offence

One thing I do hope for Nashville's sake...is that Fisher is actually healthy and can bring that physical dimension everyone talks about when they talk about Fisher. Strong bull-type center down low when he's on, tough to deal with in the corners. Limited hockey sense and tunnel-vision. Plays best with grinder types....needs a set up guy on the wing at times. Kovalev made him a more effective player at times.

He went a long stretch this year without having any of that because of a shoulder injury he tried to play through.

Western Conference goalies chests, beware. Mike Fisher loves to hit the chest. When he's on, he's a fun guy to have on your team. When he's off, you may not notice him out there. He fits in well with good teams....he's infuriating if your team isn't any good.

Old
02-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Billy Madison*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
One thing I do hope for Nashville's sake...is that Fisher is actually healthy and can bring that physical dimension everyone talks about when they talk about Fisher. Strong bull-type center down low when he's on, tough to deal with in the corners. Limited hockey sense and tunnel-vision. Plays best with grinder types....needs a set up guy on the wing at times. Kovalev made him a more effective player at times.

He went a long stretch this year without having any of that because of a shoulder injury he tried to play through.

Western Conference goalies chests, beware. Mike Fisher loves to hit the chest. When he's on, he's a fun guy to have on your team. When he's off, you may not notice him out there. He fits in well with good teams....he's infuriating if your team isn't any good.

It was torn rib cartalidge.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 12:16 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Singleton View Post
That's where I was coming from, even if I did do so in an over-the-top fashion.
I've enjoyed your take on it. You know more about the game than me.

I only meant it's hard to see any way it's horrible. Even if we overpaid or there's some issues of who will play where next year. The price isn't that far out, and the issues for the future are not that distressing. Seems like a very decent gamble for this season and fine for the future contract years.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 02:01 PM
yukoner88

vCash: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
Agreed. I think it will be interesting to watch. Murray coached the Wings back in the early 90's so he knows first hand what an effective rebuilding process looks like. He'll be fine.
It'll be interesting to see how they fair. Im an Oilers fan, and while the team is now last again, this team is way more exciting to watch than it has been for the next couple years. I hope the Sens are able to stalk the cupboards full of picks and prospects. They have quite a few younger players already on the team, so the Sens rebuild may be a bit of a quicker one. Oilers n Senators might rise up at the same time to be powers in the league. Oilers Senators final in 2016!

yukoner88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 08:12 PM
HankTheTank

I don't get how Preds fans are hating on this deal.

You guys are never going to be a cap team so his cap hit is irrelevant. And the contract was front loaded, so the economics are really appealing to your owners.

A 1st rounder is fair when you consider he has multiple years left on his deal. Mid 1st round picks get massively overvalued on this board.

HankTheTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 08:15 PM
HankTheTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Singleton View Post

Is Lombardi-Legwand-Fisher that much better next season than Lombardi-Legwand-Goc if you could strengthen the team in other areas knowing that Goc will likely be a couple million cheaper even with a raise?
Yes, and it's not even close.

HankTheTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 08:19 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I never hated on this deal

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 08:40 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner88 View Post
It'll be interesting to see how they fair. Im an Oilers fan, and while the team is now last again, this team is way more exciting to watch than it has been for the next couple years. I hope the Sens are able to stalk the cupboards full of picks and prospects. They have quite a few younger players already on the team, so the Sens rebuild may be a bit of a quicker one. Oilers n Senators might rise up at the same time to be powers in the league. Oilers Senators final in 2016!
I was gonna say hopefully 2014-2015, but I think that's too optimistic. 2016 it is! Oilers vs Sens!

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:11 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

1 assist, 12\16 on faceoffs, +2, 18:02 TOI, and perfect screen on the Weber's goal. Got a nice applause on his first shift from the sold out home crowd, as well. Played with Erat and Kostitsyn.

Not a bad debut for Fish.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:29 PM
PhillyPhantic

He looked great on the ice. I'm just happy that the Pens didn't get him.

PhillyPhantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:34 PM
quesosauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankTheTank View Post
Mid 1st round picks get massively overvalued on this board.
i should ask my boss for a raise at work tomorrow, when he asks "how much are you looking for?" i'll reply "a mid-late first round pick" His response; " You're fired"

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:51 AM
MattPreds37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
When Murray put out that his asking price was a 1st and a top prospect, I figured it was 50/50 that Fisher would be traded. Never thought he'd totally drop the prospect part of the equation, though.

Still a 1st Rd pick and a conditional 2012 pick is a decent return for Fisher. Not bad. Good trade for both teams. This should be a PR media bonanza for Nashville. If possible, they should have Underwood sing the national anthems for Fisher's first game as a Pred, lol.
Carrie should sing the National Anthem for the first game of the Second round of the playoffs, Sens fans should be rooting for this...

Lets hope Fisher plays with his head off in Nashville and can return to Ottawa next year... at the all star game.

MattPreds37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:47 AM
Walnut

Probably one of the most predictable trades in years.

At least we now know who wears the (hot)pants in that relationship.

Fisher should be a good fit in Nashville, and Ottawa get a first to help their rebuild. Should be a win win.

Walnut is offline   Reply With Quote