HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill X

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Kingurentai

vCash: 500
New coach next season please

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
When is the trade deadline?
Feb 28.

I also second gambling on Gaborik. Also forget about Murray's system when considering possible new players, since I'm hoping TM is gone next year anyway.

Seriously, regardless what happens this year less a miraculous trip to the semis, Murray and his staff have got to go (except the goalie coaches). I've said this before but he just doesn't seem to fit a young team emotionally. Maybe on a technical level, but not an emotional level.

His response when the Kings were slacking in practice was to take the ball and go home.

We need someone that will start throwing stuff breaking sh** and pretty much losing it, if the team is slacking off. Same for if the refs make a bad call. That's a coach's way of sticking up for his team.

Old
02-11-2011, 01:10 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Agree with you 100% John.

I am all for using some of our depth on defense to acquire a young up and coming winger from a team that has a wealth of offensive prospects and needs what we have to offer. I would prefer a player like that to be in the AHL at least.

I still think Mason Raymond wouldn't be a bad idea, Kris Versteeg is also worth kicking the tires on. We need more speed.
I disagree about Raymond and Versteeg. The Kings already have plenty of 2nd/3rd liners. Neither of the aforementioned is a significant upgrade over Sturm.

I like Hemsky. Yes he's injury prone, and a RW, but he's only signed through next year at 4.1M, so his risk is minimal, and he can replace Williams if he walks. Ales is a guy who can put up a PPG, and has a skill set that would be unique on the Kings.

He's also shown that he can produce in the playoffs, as he was an important part of Edmonton's last cup run.

I believe Hemsky and Smyth have shown chemistry in the past.

Smyth-Kopitar-Hemsky
Loktionov-Stoll-Williams
Clifford-Handzus-Brown
Richardson-Lewis-Simmonds

Parse, Sturm, Ponikarovsky, Westgarth

Hejduk is 2nd on my list. He may seem unrealistic, but if Colorado continues in free fall mode, he could be asked to waive his NTC. His situation reminds me of Smyth circa 2007. No one ever thought the Oilers would trade him, but it happened.

Old
02-11-2011, 01:18 PM
ROBITAILLE
In Dean I trust

I like Spezza could we get him for a package of Loki, Hickey, 1st

Old
02-11-2011, 01:41 PM
king maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBITAILLE View Post
I like Spezza could we get him for a package of Loki, Hickey, 1st
I wouldnt be suprised if DL trys to kill two birds with one stone, and goes after Spezza and Michalek (sp). Although the cap hit might be high, im not sure what Michalek makes.

Old
02-11-2011, 01:51 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by banksy View Post
I wouldnt be suprised if DL trys to kill two birds with one stone, and goes after Spezza and Michalek (sp). Although the cap hit might be high, im not sure what Michalek makes.
Taking on both would add 11.3M in cap hit.

Old
02-11-2011, 01:59 PM
ROBITAILLE
In Dean I trust

yeah way too much just with Spezza we can keep Williams next year

Old
02-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The Kings aren't going to add a Spezza or a Gaborik. I just can't see the Kings giving up the assets required to acquire those players, nor do I see their respective team's trying to get rid of them simply for a package of prospects.

The Kings aren't going to trade Kopitar or Brown either. Sure, they look absolutely useless out there of late, but they're still valuable players on this team and on any team for that matter. If you trade Kopitar, you have to get a better center back, and the Ducks aren't going to trade us Getzlaf, nor are the Hurricanes going to trade Eric Staal. There are only a handful of centers that are better than Kopitar, and none of them are available.

As for Brown, he definitely is the most frustrating player to watch at times, but again, who is out there that is going to make this team better? I think he's put in the wrong role. He shouldn't be a captain. He also isn't a sniper and needs to be used in a simpler role because he sure as hell can't process any offensive plays.

Handzus is one player this season who has completely been nonexistent. Take him out of the lineup and you wouldn't notice a change. I think he's done. He could barely skate out there and just can't keep up anymore. The Kings need more speed, they need players who constantly have their feet moving, and there are very few players who do that as is.

Old
02-11-2011, 02:22 PM
ROBITAILLE
In Dean I trust

If ottawa wants to rebuild it would be a good start moving Spezza by the time they are ready he would be at the end of his contract

Old
02-11-2011, 02:28 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The Kings aren't going to add a Spezza or a Gaborik. I just can't see the Kings giving up the assets required to acquire those players, nor do I see their respective team's trying to get rid of them simply for a package of prospects.

The Kings aren't going to trade Kopitar or Brown either. Sure, they look absolutely useless out there of late, but they're still valuable players on this team and on any team for that matter. If you trade Kopitar, you have to get a better center back, and the Ducks aren't going to trade us Getzlaf, nor are the Hurricanes going to trade Eric Staal. There are only a handful of centers that are better than Kopitar, and none of them are available.

As for Brown, he definitely is the most frustrating player to watch at times, but again, who is out there that is going to make this team better? I think he's put in the wrong role. He shouldn't be a captain. He also isn't a sniper and needs to be used in a simpler role because he sure as hell can't process any offensive plays.

Handzus is one player this season who has completely been nonexistent. Take him out of the lineup and you wouldn't notice a change. I think he's done. He could barely skate out there and just can't keep up anymore. The Kings need more speed, they need players who constantly have their feet moving, and there are very few players who do that as is.
Kopitar does need to get it going though, I mean this disappearing act of his is getting quite old. He needs to pick it up.

As for Brown, he is very very much replaceable. That's not going to be a problem, finding a quality scoring right winger to put in the top six.

Agree, Handzus sucks, been saying that for a while. Would love to see the Kings add a second line center and move Stoll to Handzus spot.

Old
02-11-2011, 02:43 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

People want Spezza lol, you realize he would be making the same money as Kopitar as a SECOND LINE CENTER? Come on guys, we can't pay a 2nd line center 7 million/year? Schenn is waiting in the wings, he's our future 2nd line center.

Gaborik, Vanek, Hemsky, Penner.. That's more realistic

Old
02-11-2011, 02:47 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
People want Spezza lol, you realize he would be making the same money as Kopitar as a SECOND LINE CENTER? Come on guys, we can't pay a 2nd line center 7 million/year? Schenn is waiting in the wings, he's our future 2nd line center.

Honestly, I would rather have Spezza and move Kopitar to LW than go after Gaborik.

Only want Penner if he comes cheap.

Vanek's cap hit is too high.

I like Hemsky so wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him.

I agree Schenn will be the eventual #2 center for this team, it might not be next year though.

Old
02-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBITAILLE View Post
If ottawa wants to rebuild it would be a good start moving Spezza by the time they are ready he would be at the end of his contract
I don't think Ottawa needs to blow everything up and start from scratch. Spezza is in his prime at 27/28. The Sens could be in a spot to quickly rebuild like Colorado did a couple years ago.

Like the Avs in 2009, Ottawa has been a disaster in net. If they add even a competent Craig Anderson-esque goalie, they'd be much better. They lose Pascal Leclaire's 3.8 mil cap hit this offseason, so they should be able to get at least an average starting goalie. In total, they'll have 12+ million to replace Kovalev/Phillips/Leclaire.

They're likely in a spot to add a good forward prospect between RNH/Couturier/Landeskog that could breathe some life into their franchise like Matt Duchene did with Colorado.

Not saying they'll be Cup Contenders, but it wouldn't shock me if they were vying for a playoff spot in a the craptactular Eastern Conference next season.

Cory Clouston seems like a lame duck coach, ditto Bryan Murray as GM. A new braintrust could help hit the reset button.

Old
02-11-2011, 02:52 PM
outofrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post

Spezza is the older version of Kopitar. Is that really necessary? Lol.

Old
02-11-2011, 02:59 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

From Elliott's twitter:
"Kings GM Dean Lombardi on what he wants in trade market: "what we really need is, I think, some of our payers to step up a little bit at"

Crunch time. That's still most important." On kopitar's struggles: "that's part of the process of maturation and learning how to win."

Look I agree that we need our guys to step up(kopi), but I'm scik of DL finding excuses to take himself off the hook if he doesn't make moves.

The right player wasn't there..........The price wasn't right...........We need our own guys to play better....

blah blah blah

Old
02-11-2011, 03:02 PM
johnjm22

Quote:

I have no idea what you're talking about. He's been one our best forwards over the past month. Wow.

Old
02-11-2011, 03:04 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
From Elliott's twitter:
"Kings GM Dean Lombardi on what he wants in trade market: "what we really need is, I think, some of our payers to step up a little bit at"

Crunch time. That's still most important." On kopitar's struggles: "that's part of the process of maturation and learning how to win."

Look I agree that we need our guys to step up(kopi), but I'm scik of DL finding excuses to take himself off the hook if he doesn't make moves.

The right player wasn't there..........The price wasn't right...........We need our own guys to play better....

blah blah blah
The Kings are paying Kopitar superstar money. When does he start to play CONSISTENTLY like one?

Old
02-11-2011, 03:06 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
The Kings are paying Kopitar superstar money. When does he start to play CONSISTENTLY like one?
If you read you would see I don't disagree with that.

Old
02-11-2011, 03:13 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
If you read you would see I don't disagree with that.
Why does Dean need to go out and overspend in terms of assets to get him a star winger to take Kopitar off the hook then?

Old
02-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I have no idea what you're talking about. He's been one our best forwards over the past month. Wow.
Best at what? Faceoffs? He's showed up here and there, but he's also been one of the culprits who have pulled disappearing acts this season. Last night was one of those nights where he was barely even noticeable. He struggles against faster teams because he simply cannot keep up. There's no question that he's still a dependable player on the draw and on the PK, but 5-on-5, it has been arduous to watch him skate.

Old
02-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Helene also tweeted the following:

Quote:
Lombardi is still looking for a high-end guy but was not in late stages of Mike Fisher talks bfore Fisher was dealt to Nashville.

Old
02-11-2011, 03:18 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Helene also tweeted the following:
I didn't believe Lombardi was in late on Fisher when I saw the price included a 1st round pick.

Old
02-11-2011, 03:20 PM
santiclaws

Quote:
From Elliott's twitter:

blah blah blah
The fact is that unless Kopitar steps up, nothing else matters and the team is going nowhere.

Old
02-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Fangio

Having 3 talented guys down the middle leading the charge sounds intriguing. So I can go for a guy like Spezza on this team.

There's still a chance Dean ends up a seller at the deadline. If the Kings play themselves out of playoff position, then say adios to several players including Justin Williams and Michal Handzus. Jarret Stoll should be shopped, and Sturm, Poni could be gone as well.

Lots of potential assets can be had. Could be used to bring in someone "big".

It's clear Dean wants his team to play 'aggressive and score the classic, ugly Canadian goals.' Well, the Kings have plenty of guy like that on the wings, at least beef up the center position.

Old
02-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

If the asking price for Spezza is Schenn, do you go for it? And it is going to cost more than Schenn alone to acquire a former 90+ point center who is still 27. There's no way they give him up without acquiring another potential #1 C.

Old
02-11-2011, 03:24 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

How do we know that getting Kopi a great winger won't give him the boost he needs?

Maybe instead of waiting for Kopitar to be a one man wrecking crew before getting him help, Lombardi needs to show a vote of confidence in his own player and go get him some help.

This is such a chicken and egg argument its useless to have. Does Kopi need to be better? Yes. Does this team need a high end winger? Bet your ass we do. Why must one be predicated on the other when they are problems that exist outside of eachother?

Closed Thread