HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Caps and Kings - Kopitar demoted; Bernier In; Other changes

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2011, 02:16 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I disagree with the "demotion" regardless if Kopitar was playing poorly or not. Dumb stunt to pull when every point matters. Murray needs to find the optimum lines and stick with them. We need chemistry and cohesion if we expect to have a chance against the western conference. I know we are desperate and everything but this is not a solution and risks priceless points.
We need the supposed best forward on the team playing like the best forward on the team EVERY game, EVERY shift, down the stretch. If it takes one period or one game to get that to sink into his head, then so be it.

Old
02-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
I disagree with the "demotion" regardless if Kopitar was playing poorly or not. Dumb stunt to pull when every point matters. Murray needs to find the optimum lines and stick with them. We need chemistry and cohesion if we expect to have a chance against the western conference. I know we are desperate and everything but this is not a solution and risks priceless points.
He's had 20 games to get his ass in gear with nary a word from the coach. What has it resulted in? 1 goal. Murray should have done this 2 weeks ago.

Old
02-11-2011, 02:35 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Bernier's in net tomorrow: http://lakingsinsider.com/2011/02/11...te-bernier-in/

http://lakingsinsider.com/2011/02/11...-line-changes/

MURRAY: “Well, a change is needed. That’s my thinking, when I look at the way we played in some situations last night. We didn’t take advantage of some offensive opportunities. And going back over recent games, there’s a need to get the offensive part of the game going. Maybe it’s a little bit of a change, in some situations, that will be a good thing. That’s what I’m hoping for. With Kopi, and with putting Handzus on the left side — which I did in the Calgary game in the third period — and putting Simmer back up there, I’m looking to get a change, to take advantage of Simmer’s game last night, which I really liked. It was one of the first times, in a little while, that he’s had his feet going, holding onto the puck, creating some offensive opportunities and bringing the work into the game. That’s what I want to do with this look now.”

Old
02-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
He's had 20 games to get his ass in gear with nary a word from the coach. What has it resulted in? 1 goal. Murray should have done this 2 weeks ago.
Please use the word "nary" daily. It is a way underused word.

Old
02-11-2011, 02:38 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Can't wait to see Westgarth's 3 minutes of impact tomorrow! ****ing insane to scratch Richie again for a sandbag.

Old
02-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Can't wait to see Westgarth's 3 minutes of impact tomorrow! ****ing insane to scratch Richie again for a sandbag.
In TM's defense. Richardson has been sucking for a while

Old
02-11-2011, 02:48 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Please use the word "nary" daily. It is a way underused word.
What happened to that hot chick that used to do the underused word segment on O'Reilly's show. I don't watch as much now that she is gone.

Old
02-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Fangio

vCash: 50
Last night's lost to Wilkes-Barre may have single handily screwed the any confidence from this team.

Kopitar not scoring again(happens every season) and finally demoted, Handzus hasn't been consistent all season, Stoll is riding the Smyth-Williams wave and cannot be counted on to produce from a game-to-game basis, just some of the reasons why keeping Brayden Schenn around would have been a good idea.

Old
02-11-2011, 03:01 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

You realize TM said "putting Wayne back UP there"

That means that Zus-Kopi-Simmer will be seeing first line minutes. That is not a demotion.

Old
02-11-2011, 03:02 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

You realize TM said "putting Simmer back UP there"

That means that Zus-Kopi-Simmer will be seeing first line minutes. That is not a demotion.

Old
02-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

Old
02-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Duc620

So, the Kings are 5-0-2 in the last 7. Earned 6 out of 8 points. And we're still cranky? Are we going for style points?

Old
02-11-2011, 03:09 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

You realize TM said . . .

lol I think three times is enough!

Old
02-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
These retarded lines are a product of Kompon and Murray's incompetence and inabilty to coach an offensively successful team and system and is not a byproduct of lazy players or lack of effort. Sure the players could step it up to try and cover for this incompetence, but the system is fundamentally flawed to begin with and win out despite their efforts.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
02-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
So, the Kings are 5-0-2 in the last 7. Earned 6 out of 8 points. And we're still cranky? Are we going for style points?
Exactly this way of thinking is why the Kings don't go anywhere near to the cup.

If you play a farm team you have to make a statement.
You have to play hard to show the youngster who is the boss.
Since yesterday the Wilkes KIds are pumped with energy and they point to L.A. as the land of clowns.

2nd.... lost points like that are the points who are missing in the end of the season.
If a single point is missing to make the playoff or to avoid Vancouver everyone will point on the Pens game.

If you wanna have an impact in the NHL 7 games means 14 points..... not 13, not 12Exactly 14 points.
This and nothing else has to be expected by the staff.

I can't wait the nightmare is over, the coach is gone and the owner puts a gun on Lombardis chest
I'm asking for a Clifford, Lewis, Simmonds line for month.
This would be a powerfull 4th line who actually would be able to stop opponents top lines and annoy them with a goal here and there.

Old
02-11-2011, 03:18 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
These retarded lines are a product of Kompon and Murray's incompetence and inabilty to coach an offensively successful team and system and is not a byproduct of lazy players or lack of effort. Sure the players could step it up to try and cover for this incompetence, but the system is fundamentally flawed to begin with and win out despite their efforts.
Regardless They are NHL players, They need to suck it up and Perform. Even if it's a stupid system. Or you end up like New Jersey who dug themselves such a hole they lost a season.

Old
02-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Come on guys, at least Murray is coaching again. Line changes for everyone!

Old
02-11-2011, 03:20 PM
kingscup
MBML

Send a message via AIM to kingscup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
Might be interesting to try Kopi on the wing at some point to kickstart his offensive game.
Exactly what I was thinking! Kopitar needs to have some fun, and tear it up, think about offense rather than worrying to back-check so hard to help the D.

Kopitar–Loktionov–Williams

Smyth–Stoll–Brown

Clifford–Handzus–Simmonds

Ponikarovsky–Lewis–Richardson

Old
02-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Old
02-11-2011, 03:23 PM
kingdoughty

1st 2nd 3rd line doesn't mean ****...whichever line that is playing the best will get the most ice time 5 on 5 thats how it always goes. kopitars line is horrid...a slow old dude with a young grinder playing with a smooth playmaker? whos gonna score the goals?
Once DL brings in a sniper to play with Kopitar his play will improve drastically...i feel like kopitar has lost some confidence/trust with his line mates (Brown in particular) since they lose the puck so often and fumble opportunities, and at the same time hes putting a bunch of pressure on himself to take control of the game. if he had a good linemate to play with the good vibes would roll and we would be good

also, those other 2 lines are awesome.

Old
02-11-2011, 03:26 PM
kingdoughty

Kopitar on wing? Lol

Old
02-11-2011, 03:27 PM
onlyalad

Maybe he is showcassing Westgarth so some team that needs an enforcer and Hickey will give us a 40 goal scoring LW. I don't know who, that's for DL to figure out. He is known for these blockbuster deals at the deadline. Right?

Old
02-11-2011, 03:35 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
I just wish that they would play Jack there for just ONE game.

Old
02-11-2011, 03:38 PM
outofrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Regardless They are NHL players, They need to suck it up and Perform. Even if it's a stupid system. Or you end up like New Jersey who dug themselves such a hole they lost a season.
How much sucking up can a team do until they get tired of being shorthanded because the coaching system is incompetent?

The day the Kings are real threats will be the day that we get an elite winger, kids like Lokti and Schenner are ready for full-time roles, and the coaching staff gets canned.

It is a little bit like asking the guys to make chicken soup out of chicken **** for 82 games. The games that they do win is crazy because they have to dig pretty deep to overcome the flaws in the system.

I'm not entirely blaming this on the coaches (I'm not really blaming Kopi's suckage just on him either) but it's a number of things staying the same or being stagnant that have turned this season into what it is. And god forbid the changes that Terry does make tend to be asinine more often than not.

Old
02-11-2011, 03:40 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrange View Post
How much sucking up can a team do until they get tired of being shorthanded because the coaching system is incompetent?

The day the Kings are real threats will be the day that we get an elite winger, kids like Lokti and Schenner are ready for full-time roles, and the coaching staff gets canned.

It is a little bit like asking the guys to make chicken soup out of chicken **** for 82 games. The games that they do win is crazy because they have to dig pretty deep to overcome the flaws in the system.

I'm not entirely blaming this on the coaches (I'm not really blaming Kopi's suckage just on him either) but it's a number of things staying the same or being stagnant that have turned this season into what it is.
Terry Murray is here for the Rest of the season, The Players need to suck it up. The Kings players are not special. If I go tell my CEO that my direct supervisor is an idiot; and his method of doing things is stupid.....I get Fired.

Welcome to real life Kings players . Pull up your big boy pants and WORK. Just because you don't agree with your boss doesn't mean you can loaf. Cause Terry is here to stay.

Closed Thread