HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, NHL revenues, relocation and expansion.

Phoenix XX: Two Weeks!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-11-2011, 02:31 PM
  #951
Dado
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Unreal... it looks like the due to congestion, the flight has been put in a holding pattern. Please resume the in-flight service and entertainment system.
Sounds more like....due to the plane augering-in at Mach 2, the flight has been diverted from the busy urban airports of Arizona to the sparse lands of Manitoba.

 
Old
02-11-2011, 02:31 PM
  #952
Dado
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
If the GWI keeps winning like this, they may never have to do anything in court.


 
Old
02-11-2011, 02:31 PM
  #953
Killion
Registered User
 
Killion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Village
Country: Wales
Posts: 29,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Unreal... it looks like the due to congestion, the flight has been put in a holding pattern. Please resume the in-flight service and entertainment system.
Hey Buddy, got any Gravol?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Mantha View Post
I do believe I called the next thread title earlier in this one...
How does that go again?. The Good The Bad & The Ugly, followed by a Fistful of Dollars, followed by For a Few Dollars More?. Just unbelievable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
Very interesting , that would put them in the range of only 11 more home dates left , if they can nudge it to Mar 11 , all that would be left is to try and sell the 7 game home stretch PO push.
Bingo. (or frighteningly, see below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
I can't see the NHL letting this drag on into March without a resolution.
Unless......the remainder of the $48M taken out of the account back in October, $25M of which was to be used to fund the agreement with the NHL covering its' losses' through 2010-11 is earmarked for same through 2011-12 while Glendale;

"continues to work through the legal & timing issues"......

Killion is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 02:33 PM
  #954
cbcwpg
Registered User
 
cbcwpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Between the Pipes
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT View Post
Some people have suggested that the COG can't sell the bonds without having some guarantees in place meaning knowing that MH & NHL deal is absolutely going to be sealed. If COG sold the bonds, GWI sued and then the NHL walked yikes. So I can see that lots needs to be done. I would think that paperwork is ready but certain things have to happen in a certain order for things to fall in place.

To me getting the bonds rated is kind of like being pre approved for a mortgage before making an offer on a house. Then after MH's offer is accepted by the BOG then the bonds would be sold. That's just my theory.
So we are back to that.... The NHL will not give Hulsizer the team until he has the money, but the CoG can't sell the bonds until Hulsizer gets the team. I'm gettin' dizzy!

cbcwpg is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 02:36 PM
  #955
Jesus Christ Horburn
Registered User
 
Jesus Christ Horburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Ireland
Posts: 13,942
vCash: 500
I think COG is trying to stall the sale until it goes past the "relocation deadline" (if there is one) in hopes that the NHL will allow them another year (2011-2012 season) to get their affairs in order.

They've probably realized that the bonds aren't going to work, just like the CFD didn't work, and now need more time to go back to the drawing board and come up with another potential solution.

Jesus Christ Horburn is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 02:36 PM
  #956
gollybass
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
So we are back to that.... The NHL will not give Hulsizer the team until he has the money, but the CoG can't sell the bonds until Hulsizer gets the team. I'm gettin' dizzy!
hmm no the article says

Quote:
Once the bonds are sold, the sale of the Coyotes to Hulsizer could move very quickly.
so it would seem it is all waiting on the bonds

gollybass is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 02:41 PM
  #957
peter sullivan
Winnipeg
 
peter sullivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
Sounds more like....due to the plane augering-in at Mach 2, the flight has been diverted from the busy urban airports of Arizona to the sparse lands of Manitoba.
winnipeg's beautiful new airport will open just in time for the hockey season....coincidence?

peter sullivan is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 02:41 PM
  #958
Dado
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post
I think COG is trying to stall the sale until it goes past the "relocation deadline" (if there is one) in hopes that the NHL will allow them another year (2011-2012 season) to get their affairs in order.
Sure, why not? $25M a year into escrow would probably be cheaper than what they claiming they want to pay MH anyway.


 
Old
02-11-2011, 02:44 PM
  #959
Tommy Hawk
Registered User
 
Tommy Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
You obviously have some well informed sources within GWI. Are you in a position to be able to share who they are?
I am using the same sources as goyotes who is insistent that GI will never sue over this.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
That sound you hear is Bettman trashing his office. "Get the CoG on the phone! Those people couldn't tie their shoelaces if I did it for them! "
Those people couldn't tie their shoelaces if they were wearing loafers!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinalera View Post


Post of the day I think
Nah, the ones above are the POD



Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
When/where/how does the interest rate get set on these bonds?
It gets set by the a combination of folks based on various input. It then gets sold to the market at whatever rate the market will bear, which may be different than the rate on the bond, thus causing the bonds to be sold at a discount or a premium. If the bonds have a face value of 9% but rates fall, they may be able to sell them at a premium thus lowering the effective rate. If things happens between the setting of the rate and issuance that are adverse to the issue, they may have to sell the bonds at a discount in order to increase the effective yield in order to actually sell the bonds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
Hey Buddy, got any Gravol?...

How does that go again?. The Good The Bad & The Ugly, followed by a Fistful of Dollars, followed by For a Few Dollars More?. Just unbelievable.

Bingo. (or frighteningly, see below)

Unless......the remainder of the $48M taken out of the account back in October, $25M of which was to be used to fund the agreement with the NHL covering its' losses' through 2010-11 is earmarked for same through 2011-12 while Glendale;

"continues to work through the legal & timing issues"......
legal and timing issues even after they got such an iron clad enforceability opinion???

Tommy Hawk is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 02:45 PM
  #960
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 9,722
vCash: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by gollybass View Post
hmm no the article says
so it would seem it is all waiting on the bonds
You sure seem to be placing quite a bit of weight behind an article written by a guy who once claimed that his sources blamed the Coyotes' woes on an evil Canadian conspiracy.

Gump Hasek is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 02:46 PM
  #961
Confucius
Registered User
 
Confucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,660
vCash: 500
Once the Bonds are sold, the sale BETTER move very quickly.

People would get real antsy if the NHL decided to call a timeout and wait around for the upcomming but imminent vote on MH.

Confucius is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 02:50 PM
  #962
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 65,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
Your thinking is, that is as close to the possible TNSE deadline?
Nope.

First, if there's a move, a number of players may want out of the organization. You need time to get the best deals -- often at the draft. Don't know any move would occur prior to trade deadline. Coyotes **could** win division -- there are only SIX points between top and bottom; need them around for playoffs. (Would not be at all surprised to see all 5 members of division in playoffs.)

Second, there are a number of issues WRT next season (schedule, planning) that the other 29 teams (and NHL schedule maker) have to solidify.

Third, there's all the stuff surrounding this franchise should there be changes.


My guess is there's a checklist from the BOG and about 90% have been approved/positive. Until those last few are checked off, the BOG will not make it's final deliberations WRT ownership transfer to MH. And if they have to make other arrangements, things shift into overdrive.

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 02:53 PM
  #963
gollybass
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
You sure seem to be placing quite a bit of weight behind an article written by a guy who once claimed that his sources blamed the Coyotes' woes on an evil Canadian conspiracy.
ha true, so who says the bonds really will be delayed then?

gollybass is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 02:54 PM
  #964
Killion
Registered User
 
Killion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Village
Country: Wales
Posts: 29,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
If the GWI keeps winning like this, they may never have to do anything in court.
Its like watching the Warner Bros. cartoon from the perspective of Sylvester Junior whose Daddy keeps coming up from the basement discombobulated & punch drunk at the hands of a wee mouse.

Killion is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 02:58 PM
  #965
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21,397
vCash: 500
Just a theory, but I wonder if the COG released the information about the bonds, including the enforceability opinion, was put out there to see how the GWI would react. It didn't take long for the GWI to react and show that their level of interest hasn't waned, and darned if they didn't already have the scoop on Hocking's legal adventures in Prescott.

Back to the barricades...

Whileee is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 02:58 PM
  #966
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 9,722
vCash: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by gollybass View Post
ha true, so who says the bonds really will be delayed then?
Or perhaps the bond sale delay could in turn result in cancellation?

Gump Hasek is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 03:00 PM
  #967
gollybass
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
exactly, its all a load of bollocks, no one seems to know anything

gollybass is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 03:01 PM
  #968
Tommy Hawk
Registered User
 
Tommy Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Nope.

First, if there's a move, a number of players may want out of the organization. You need time to get the best deals -- often at the draft. Don't know any move would occur prior to trade deadline. Coyotes **could** win division -- there are only SIX points between top and bottom; need them around for playoffs. (Would not be at all surprised to see all 5 members of division in playoffs.)

Second, there are a number of issues WRT next season (schedule, planning) that the other 29 teams (and NHL schedule maker) have to solidify.

Third, there's all the stuff surrounding this franchise should there be changes.


My guess is there's a checklist from the BOG and about 90% have been approved/positive. Until those last few are checked off, the BOG will not make it's final deliberations WRT ownership transfer to MH. And if they have to make other arrangements, things shift into overdrive.
Then how did JR get approved with even less progress than MH has made?

Tommy Hawk is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 03:02 PM
  #969
gollybass
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
I wonder if we should expect the issue page on moodys to change then?

gollybass is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 03:04 PM
  #970
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
Its like watching the Warner Bros. cartoon from the perspective of Sylvester Junior whose Daddy keeps coming up from the basement discombobulated & punch drunk at the hands of a wee mouse.
Laughed....Out....Loud!

Whileee is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 03:07 PM
  #971
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21,397
vCash: 500
Gollybass...

Change the Moody's page? They'll need to procure a tub full of "White Out" so that they can change the dates every couple of weeks.

Whileee is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 03:12 PM
  #972
Brodie
voted best
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Michigan
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 14,536
vCash: 500
Children born when this saga began can walk and talk

Brodie is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 03:12 PM
  #973
Tinalera
Registered User
 
Tinalera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Known Universe
Posts: 6,343
vCash: 500
WOW, we're coming up to the end of the thread ALREADY!

Time flies when you're having fun..


And my vote also goes to the "Enforcable" thread title.


I swear, all these chapters have provided a lexicon of new terms and phrases!

Tinalera is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 03:13 PM
  #974
Tinalera
Registered User
 
Tinalera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Known Universe
Posts: 6,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
Children born when this saga began can walk and talk



I don't know if that's incredible funny, or incredibly sad.......


I too have to wonder if around the Feb 28 deadline "we'll announce it in two weeks, after the trade deadline."

And of course in March, if it looks like the Yotes are playoff bound "Well finish this after the playoffs, so as not to take the attention off the Yotes playoff run"...

Tinalera is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 03:15 PM
  #975
Killion
Registered User
 
Killion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Village
Country: Wales
Posts: 29,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
My guess is there's a checklist from the BOG and about 90% have been approved/positive. Until those last few are checked off, the BOG will not make it's final deliberations WRT ownership transfer to MH. And if they have to make other arrangements, things shift into overdrive.
I agree. Theirs just no way this thing can be extended beyond the end of this month unless you wanna go all conspiracy theory about another years worth of loss guarantee's.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Just a theory, but I wonder if the COG released the information about the bonds, including the enforceability opinion, was put out there to see how the GWI would react. It didn't take long for the GWI to react and show that their level of interest hasn't waned, and darned if they didn't already have the scoop on Hocking's legal adventures in Prescott. ....Back to the barricades...
Pretty expensive way to test the waters Whileee. As a result of the COG's rushing the Oxen to market they've had their existing bonds & their credit rating downgraded. Pretty stupid way to go about it dont you think?..

Killion is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.