HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill X

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2011, 02:25 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
So far the Avs have added Forsberg, the Ducks added Beauchemin, the Hawks added Frolik and the Preds added Fisher. The Kings have added hope their players "step it up". Didn't they say that last year?

Old
02-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Fangio

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
If the asking price for Spezza is Schenn, do you go for it? And it is going to cost more than Schenn alone to acquire a former 90+ point center who is still 27. There's no way they give him up without acquiring another potential #1 C.
No, and that's what makes it tricky.

Ottawa will at least grab either Couturier or Nugent-Hopkins at the draft. Bernier can be had if Quick is the undisputed #1. There's plenty of prospects in system. That's pretty much what we can offer, which could be enticing to the rebuilding Sens.

Old
02-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
The Kings are paying Kopitar superstar money. When does he start to play CONSISTENTLY like one?
You guys are insane. Kopitar is a star and he is by far and away the most consistent forward on this team despite having every reason to be one of the least with inconsistent linemates. Suggesting Kopitar be moved from center or even moved from this team is asinine.

Kopitar's skill and place is undeniable, it is the system he plays in that should come into question. I guarantee you that if you take a Spezza or Getzlaf and put them in Kopitar's situation now they will perform the same. Every player slumps, it is just when Kopitar slumps the whole team falls on it's face because he is counted on for 90% of the offense because the team is managed incorrectly for it.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi

Last edited by Telos: 02-11-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old
02-11-2011, 02:37 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
If the asking price for Spezza is Schenn, do you go for it? And it is going to cost more than Schenn alone to acquire a former 90+ point center who is still 27. There's no way they give him up without acquiring another potential #1 C.
Actually, I wouldn't do anything now and wait for the bidding frenzy to settle down before attempting to address a long-term need. I wouldn't move Schenn in any deal. I might move Bernier or Quick in the right deal along with other pieces to acquire a #1 center. I am really starting to think Kopitar's demeanor is more suited to playing the wing.

Old
02-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Kingurentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHoler View Post
Bernier can be had if Quick is the undisputed #1.
Bernier isn't going to bring a higher return at this point, so might as well keep him. His value will go up for a higher return later, OR could live up to his potential one day soon. He's still maturing.

Someone mentioned Poni but I'd be sad to see him go. This team needs a forward with size that has some skill, that can stand in front of the net.

Old
02-11-2011, 02:40 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
You guys are insane. Kopitar is a star and he is by far and away the most consistent forward on this team despite having every reason to be one of the least with inconsistent linemates. Suggesting Kopitar be moved from center or even moved from this team is asinine. Kopitar's skill and place is undeniable, it is the system he plays in that should come into question. I guarantee you that if you take a Spezza or Getzlaf and put them in Kopitar's situation now they will perform the same.
Big disagreement with you on that one, because no he isn't. Williams has been far more consistent and others have been as well. It's just that their high-end game isn't at the same level as Kopitar's and the team needs him to play consistently at his high-end.

Sure Getzlaf has slumps. When he does, he gets called out, not his wingers.

Old
02-11-2011, 02:42 PM
wicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
How do we know that getting Kopi a great winger won't give him the boost he needs?

Maybe instead of waiting for Kopitar to be a one man wrecking crew before getting him help, Lombardi needs to show a vote of confidence in his own player and go get him some help.

This is such a chicken and egg argument its useless to have. Does Kopi need to be better? Yes. Does this team need a high end winger? Bet your ass we do. Why must one be predicated on the other when they are problems that exist outside of eachother?
That is exactly it. All of this back and forth is useless.

I honestly believe that we will never trade for a top winger (too few elite ones being available, for one), and have to essentially hope that one of the kids in the system takes over that role in the very near future. I don't know how wise or realistic that is, but there it is.

Old
02-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Big disagreement with you on that one, because no he isn't. Williams has been far more consistent and others have been as well. It's just that their high-end game isn't at the same level as Kopitar's and the team needs him to play consistently at his high-end.
No way. Kopitar is just easier to pick on because he plays in every situation of the game, but he is there playing the same retarded system everyone else is and he is usually better at it. Williams has a lot of heart and plays a more skillful Simmonds type of offensive game but he doesn't show up as often as Kopitar unless you are including giveaways in your statistics for consistency.

Old
02-11-2011, 02:52 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
No way. Kopitar is just easier to pick on because he plays in every situation of the game, but he is there playing the same retarded system everyone else is and he is usually better at it. Williams has a lot of heart and plays a more skillful Simmonds type of offensive game but he doesn't show up as often as Kopitar unless you are including giveaways in your statistics for consistency.
Sorry, but Kopitar needs to take his balls out of the jar on the shelf and put them back in his jock where they belong. He can't keep hoping that he is going to be placed on a line with Smyth or Williams, so he can catch the "ballsie flu" from them.

Old
02-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Sorry, but Kopitar needs to take his balls out of the jar on the shelf and put them back in his jock where they belong. He can't keep hoping that he is going to be placed on a line with Smyth or Williams, so he can catch the "ballsie flu" from them.
You guys are crazy, wanting to throw one of the only things this team has going for it under the bus. This team needs a new coach and proper lines if it hopes to compete, not more whipping of it's young stars. Lombardi is the one that needs a set of balls, not Kopitar.

Old
02-11-2011, 02:58 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
So far the Avs have added Forsberg, the Ducks added Beauchemin, the Hawks added Frolik and the Preds added Fisher. The Kings have added hope their players "step it up". Didn't they say that last year?
Forsberg is 37, and hasn't played more than a handful of games in the NHL in like 4 years. If the Kings had added Beauchemin, Frolik, or Fisher, people would be saying that it's typical Lombardi, always shooting low, or that the Kings don't need ANOTHER defensive defenseman, or a third 3rd line center, or a scoring forward that the Panthers were willing to get rid of, or anything else that might come to mind. It's also never enough just to do "something", since they did exactly that last year, and it wasn't enough.

It's not even less than 2 weeks before the deadline, and a few other teams added a couple role players, which means the Kings season is over.

Old
02-11-2011, 02:59 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Why does Dean need to go out and overspend in terms of assets to get him a star winger to take Kopitar off the hook then?
Because he's hung his hat on a couple of players who dont seem to be able to get it done by themselves.

If Kopitar and Brown are not the guys DL keeps telling us they should be, is it their fault or his for not supplying the additonal parts required to get this team to where it needs to be? What if the kopitar we see and have seen for the past several years is the Kopiatr we are going to see for the rest of his career? Then its DL's job to add the other pieces. Blaming kopitar for not being as good as DL thinks he should be is DL's problem, not Kopitar's.

At some point, DLcan't keep blaming the players for not playing up to his expectations. He either gets more talent or moves them for players he likes more.
But how long do we need to hear that Brown and Kopitar have to play better before DL realizes that maybe, just maybe, they cant?

P.S. I do believe both those guys need to step it up, but alsobelieve that even if they do, its not going to be enough.

Old
02-11-2011, 03:09 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Do we need Schenn after we have Spezza? We already have Lokti playing with the big club and Schenn is an unknown at this point.

Old
02-11-2011, 03:14 PM
JT8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Because he's hung his hat on a couple of players who dont seem to be able to get it done by themselves.

If Kopitar and Brown are not the guys DL keeps telling us they should be, is it their fault or his for not supplying the additonal parts required to get this team to where it needs to be? What if the kopitar we see and have seen for the past several years is the Kopiatr we are going to see for the rest of his career? Then its DL's job to add the other pieces. Blaming kopitar for not being as good as DL thinks he should be is DL's problem, not Kopitar's.

At some point, DLcan't keep blaming the players for not playing up to his expectations. He either gets more talent or moves them for players he likes more.
But how long do we need to hear that Brown and Kopitar have to play better before DL realizes that maybe, just maybe, they cant?

P.S. I do believe both those guys need to step it up, but alsobelieve that even if they do, its not going to be enough.
thte first 30games of last season kopi was playing like the best player in the league, he still got a lot in the tank and a lot to learn, the thought of trading him is just retarded imo.

brown on the other hand i think has peaked and you are correct, if DL is expecting him to do more then what he has shown it time to look for more options.

Old
02-11-2011, 03:23 PM
fsanford

Quote:

Sure Getzlaf has slumps. When he does, he gets called out, not his wingers.
I think Getzlaf's wingers make him that much better (and he is world class now). Check Perry's stats while Getzlaf was out.. Guy was still scoring like crazy, same with Ryan. Then again those guys go to the net. Our forwards consider that area in the offensive zone persona non grata.

Old
02-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
You guys are crazy, wanting to throw one of the only things this team has going for it under the bus. This team needs a new coach and proper lines if it hopes to compete, not more whipping of it's young stars. Lombardi is the one that needs a set of balls, not Kopitar.
amen brother...................

is it just me or do the Murray opponents get more and more ?

Stop blaming the yountsers and let them develope under a flashy agrassive system and turn them into Datsyuks and Zetterbegs.

This will not happen with doing the little things right and take out any emotions and creativity

Old
02-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Do we need Schenn after we have Spezza? We already have Lokti playing with the big club and Schenn is an unknown at this point.
Well......... i would like to see what Loktionov can do on the center position before
i give away a piece like Schenn.
If Loktionov is able to put up some points or at least look promising i would rather do a Schenn package for a dangerous winger before bringing in more centers.

The idea of changing center into winger is rediculous

Old
02-11-2011, 03:27 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Best at what? Faceoffs? He's showed up here and there, but he's also been one of the culprits who have pulled disappearing acts this season. Last night was one of those nights where he was barely even noticeable. He struggles against faster teams because he simply cannot keep up. There's no question that he's still a dependable player on the draw and on the PK, but 5-on-5, it has been arduous to watch him skate.
He was invisible early in the season, I'll give you that.

But he's been rock solid on the PK, in the faceoff dot, and defensively in general recently. He hasn't been scoring, but no one has, and he hasn't been in a scoring role anyways. There's no other player I'd rather have on the ice when the team is trying hold a lead late in the 3rd.

And yeah his skating sucks, always has, but I'd argue it's better than Smyth's.

Old
02-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:
You guys are insane. Kopitar is a star and he is by far and away the most consistent forward on this team despite having every reason to be one of the least with inconsistent linemates. Suggesting Kopitar be moved from center or even moved from this team is asinine.

Kopitar's skill and place is undeniable, it is the system he plays in that should come into question. I guarantee you that if you take a Spezza or Getzlaf and put them in Kopitar's situation now they will perform the same. Every player slumps, it is just when Kopitar slumps the whole team falls on it's face because he is counted on for 90% of the offense because the team is managed incorrectly for it.
False, Kopitar has 2 goals in his last 20. Superstars can make average players into good players and good players into great players. Kopitar doesn't do that.

Kopitar needs to locate his balls along with Brown and try leading this team. As I see it, TM should strip those two of C and A and bench them for a couple of games. It's not like you are going to miss there offense.

Kopitar and Brown need to realize they are not pulling their weight

Old
02-11-2011, 03:53 PM
William H Bonney

This one is at capacity. Please continue here. Thanks.