HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Caps and Kings - Kopitar demoted; Bernier In; Other changes

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-11-2011, 03:47 PM
  #51
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
You realize TM said "putting Simmer back UP there"

That means that Zus-Kopi-Simmer will be seeing first line minutes. That is not a demotion.

DO YOU?!?!

JDM is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 04:07 PM
  #52
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT
 
Muzzinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,763
vCash: 500
Stoll, Williams and Smyth will all get more icetime than Simmonds and probably Zeus (dependant on how much pp time he gets).

That is the top line

Muzzinga is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 04:34 PM
  #53
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Terry Murray is here for the Rest of the season, The Players need to suck it up. The Kings players are not special. If I go tell my CEO that my direct supervisor is an idiot; and his method of doing things is stupid.....I get Fired.

Welcome to real life Kings players . Pull up your big boy pants and WORK. Just because you don't agree with your boss doesn't mean you can loaf. Cause Terry is here to stay.
And where are the Kings going above Murray's head? Kings are playing the style, dump and chase, no carrying, play high in the offensive zone and never on the offensive side of the puck. Clearly this is not really working that well...I don't care about the current streak the Kings should be much better than they are.

No this is the CEO looking at how ALL of the employees under said direct supervisor have suddenly lost all productivity. Where does he look?

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
02-11-2011, 04:38 PM
  #54
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
And where are the Kings going above Murray's head? Kings are playing the style, dump and chase, no carrying, play high in the offensive zone and never on the offensive side of the puck. Clearly this is not really working that well...I don't care about the current streak the Kings should be much better than they are.

No this is the CEO looking at how ALL of the employees under said direct supervisor have suddenly lost all productivity. Where does he look?
Again ALL OF THE KINGS PLAYERS HAVE PRODUCED IN THIS EXACT SAME SYSTEM THIS SEASON AND LAST....

TERRY MURRAY IS NOT GETTING FIRED THIS SEASON.

You guys are *****$%^ and Moaning about something that is not going to change THIS SEASON.


Last edited by William H Bonney: 02-11-2011 at 04:41 PM. Reason: removed trolling.
damacles1156 is online now  
Old
02-11-2011, 04:42 PM
  #55
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Again ALL OF THE KINGS PLAYERS HAVE PRODUCED IN THIS EXACT SAME SYSTEM THIS SEASON AND LAST....

TERRY MURRAY IS NOT GETTING FIRED THIS SEASON.

You guys are *****$%^ and Moaning about something that is not going to change THIS SEASON.
Nope...but in the off-season Kings need to evaluate their options.

Thing is many coaches can have success with their system for one year or two. Good coaches adapt and change. Murray has shown a complete inability to adapt.


Last edited by William H Bonney: 02-11-2011 at 05:01 PM. Reason: edited qp/response to "root for another team" bit
Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
02-11-2011, 04:49 PM
  #56
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Nope...but in the off-season Kings need to evaluate their options.

Thing is many coaches can have success with their system for one year or two. Good coaches adapt and change. Murray has shown a complete inability to adapt.
That's fine to have a discussion constantly *****#%$% about something that is not going to change overnight is not a discussion it's *****#$5 for the sake of doing it.

If you want to talk about next year Awesome, Yes maybe Terry should be fired for next year.

But that is not going to happen this year. And the constant. Whines about it are not discussion they are ***** and Moans.

I love to talk about Hockey, What I don't like to talk about is the SAme Sh#$% you guys moan about after every game. The System has been here for a while now it's the same simple system. It is not going anywhere this YEAR.

Talk about something else.


Last edited by William H Bonney: 02-11-2011 at 05:02 PM. Reason: edited qp
damacles1156 is online now  
Old
02-11-2011, 05:00 PM
  #57
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go
 
Kurrilino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,495
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Again ALL OF THE KINGS PLAYERS HAVE PRODUCED IN THIS EXACT SAME SYSTEM THIS SEASON AND LAST....

TERRY MURRAY IS NOT GETTING FIRED THIS SEASON.

You guys are *****$%^ and Moaning about something that is not going to change THIS SEASON.
Well do you realize that some of the hard core Kings fans,
put their last dollar on the table to support their beloved team.

Since 15 years the Kings are lead by incompetence and ignorance.
A purpose of a public hockey board must be that these fine Kings fans
need some space to get rid of this **** and try to talk their anger away to feel better.

It's no a matter of Murray is fired or not this season, it's a matter of these people see the obvious things and the egos of Lombardi and Murray are in the way to make our beloved Kings to a real contending team.

Hell the other teams don't need professional scouts and video coaches anymore.
The opponent TV announcer and News paper journalists see how to defeat us and what the roster is missing.

We are going back in time with incredible speed to the point where we are aagin the clowns of the leage and when the GM is forced to trade away great players for peanuts before they leave us for free.

Think about all that before you yell against the people who feel free to post on this board to make the time between games for us as interesting as they can.

If something is wrong you can talk about that even if it doesn't change.
Otherwhise we can close this hockey board and just follow any descission who is made doesn't matter how stupid it is and say thank you Mr. Lombardi

Kurrilino is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 05:05 PM
  #58
AStammer7*
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 432
vCash: 500
Los Angeles Kings Should've Beat Wilkes-Barre Pens &*%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
So, the Kings are 5-0-2 in the last 7. Earned 6 out of 8 points. And we're still cranky? Are we going for style points?
Are you kidding me! Sure the Kings have taken 6 of 8 points,but yesterday's game against the Crosbyless/Malkinless Pens should've been a cakewalk. The fact that the Kings lost 2-1 in OT made me sick. The Kings should've pastered them 10-2...I bet the Manchester Monarchs could've done better yesterday.With Washington and Philadelphia next up I don't see the Kings picking up any points so they will have 6 of 12 points...The Kings need to make some changes by getting rid of some players and bringing up some of our youngsters from the Monarchs...The Kings don't need anyone else's "garbage". Not Penner,not Hemsky,not anyone...not for draft picks,and not for prospects!!! If the vets can't do the job then the youngsters need a long-term look-see...

AStammer7* is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 05:09 PM
  #59
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
So, the Kings are 5-0-2 in the last 7. Earned 6 out of 8 points. And we're still cranky? Are we going for style points?
If everything is so great, why is Murray changing the lines again? I've lost count of the different combinations.

Sydor25 is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 05:09 PM
  #60
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go
 
Kurrilino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,495
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by AStammer7 View Post
Are you kidding me! Sure the Kings have taken 6 of 8 points,but yesterday's game against the Crosbyless/Malkinless Pens should've been a cakewalk. The fact that the Kings lost 2-1 in OT made me sick. The Kings should've pastered them 10-2...I bet the Manchester Monarchs could've done better yesterday.With Washington and Philadelphia next up I don't see the Kings picking up any points so they will have 6 of 12 points...The Kings need to make some changes by getting rid of some players and bringing up some of our youngsters from the Monarchs...The Kings don't need anyone else's "garbage". Not Penner,not Hemsky,not anyone...not for draft picks,and not for prospects!!! If the vets can't do the job then the youngsters need a long-term look-see...
thank you sir................................

We just need a real hockey coach with some adaptable systems and teach the youngster how to play agressive flashy and mobile.
We have the talent to do that and we have to stay away from doing other teams favors.

Count this year as gone, bring up the youngster, grab a nice top 10 pick at the draft, bring in a new fresh young coach, let them adapt to the new system and make a big splash at the next year.

Kurrilino is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 05:45 PM
  #61
null33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,091
vCash: 500
Lots of talk about the ****** system.

What's so ****** about it?

null33 is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 06:34 PM
  #62
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
From Quisp:

Kopitar is 9th among Kings forwards in 5-on-5 G/60 (goals per 60 minutes of ice time), behind Moller, Williams, Parse, Sturm, Stoll, Simmonds, Brown and Smyth. He's 2/100ths of a goal ahead of Loktionov.
That says it all. He's worse than everyones favorite whipping boys, Stoll and Smyth with 5-on-5 goal scoring.


Quote:
More bad news from Quisp:

On the power-play, Kopitar's 6th among Kings forwards in G/60. That sounds better, until you realize he's last among the forwards who have scored on the PP at all. Everyone below Kopitar has played less than 50 minutes PP time all year. Kopitar leads the team, with 196 minutes.

Sydor25 is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 06:42 PM
  #63
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars H View Post
Lots of talk about the ****** system.

What's so ****** about it?
Apparently Kopitar can't score goals because of it.

Oh, but Stoll, Williams and Smyth can.

KINGS17 is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 06:54 PM
  #64
Duc620
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AStammer7 View Post
Are you kidding me! Sure the Kings have taken 6 of 8 points,but yesterday's game against the Crosbyless/Malkinless Pens should've been a cakewalk. The fact that the Kings lost 2-1 in OT made me sick. ....
Yeah, was a real kick in the stomach. For about twenty minutes.

But there are no easy games in the NHL....

Those were AHL kids who had a chance to shine, a great goalie, and an excellent D corp with a great game strategy that they executed.
The Kings lost two goals to a defensemans stick save. How many times have you seen that in the same game?

Duc620 is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 06:56 PM
  #65
scramble91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Apparently Kopitar can't score goals because of it.

Oh, but Stoll, Williams and Smyth can.
Dude... Of all people on these boards, I wouldn't expect you leading the charge when it comes to bashing our best player. What happened to the patience you always speak of? He is a young center who will go through these rough spots especially in TMs system and with Dustin turnover on his wing.

You said it numerous times before, let the kids develop.

scramble91 is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 07:01 PM
  #66
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
Dude... Of all people on these boards, I wouldn't expect you leading the charge when it comes to bashing our best player. What happened to the patience you always speak of? He is a young center who will go through these rough spots especially in TMs system and with Dustin turnover on his wing.

You said it numerous times before, let the kids develop.
I am up for letting the kids develop and make mistakes involving enthusiasm. What I am seeing from Kopitar lately is a total lack of will power to try to take over the game in the offensive zone.

I love his commitment to defense in his own zone. He skates his ass off on the backcheck, but lately he just doesn't seem to have the mindset to get it done in the offensive zone. I want him to turn that around. The Kings need him to turn that around.

You can't lay 1 goal in the last 19 at the feet of the system or on Brown. That's on Kopitar. Hard to believe this team is still in the thick of it with that kind of production from your best forward.

KINGS17 is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 11:08 PM
  #67
MxK1NGS
Registered User
 
MxK1NGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 2,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingscup View Post
Exactly what I was thinking! Kopitar needs to have some fun, and tear it up, think about offense rather than worrying to back-check so hard to help the D.


Kopitar–Loktionov–Williams

Smyth–Stoll–Brown

Clifford–Handzus–Simmonds

Ponikarovsky–Lewis–Richardson
I wish!

MxK1NGS is offline  
Old
02-11-2011, 11:18 PM
  #68
TonySCV
Moderator
One More Time
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,267
vCash: 500
To the GDT, Batman! http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=876068

__________________
"In a year that has been so improbable, the impossible has happened." - Vin Scully being clairvoyant in 1988.

The Los Angeles Kings - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions
TonySCV is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.