HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Burke to be at Boston/Detroit game tonight

Old
02-11-2011, 06:44 PM
birddog*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
Just a guess, but Zachary Robert Hamill was called up for a showcase. PC is (IMO) trying to land Kaberle and trying to sell Brain Burke on the former #8 pick in 2007. Honestly, I am not a Hamill fan but he's looked decent this year at the AHL level and the past few games.

Kaberle for Boston's 1st in 2011 & Zachary Robert Hamill?
I wouldn't draft Hamil with a 3rd round pick. His third year in the AHL and he's never produced. That's his game - a small point producing center - who can't score. 3 goals this year in 45 games,

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 06:44 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan Fox View Post
Not for a terribad prospect and a low 1st in a terribad draft.

What you've been hearing is only what teams may have offered, not what the Leafs are willing to part with Kaberle for.
That's fine, I personally think Burke should re-sign Kaberle anyway.

I would hate to see the Bruins give up so much for a guy who has a pretty good chance of being gone after the season.

If Burke really wants to get such a high return for Kaberle I hope it is from someone other than the Bruins.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

He has family members there along with the rumours of Giguere to Detroit and Kaberle to Boston, it's perfect for him to be there. See his family, catch a good game. Win-Win.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Retsmra2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
You have zero idea what you're talking about.

How about this, a quiz for the guy that knows so much about Boston, if Boston trades Zach Hamill who is the next center Boston brings up?
I know you weren't asking me but the obvious response is Joe Colborne.

Retsmra2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Rob Zepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orriginal Six View Post
Scouting Seguin or watching the game with him ?
Either way, getting to know him better. He is about to offer up Kessel and another first round pick (yet defined what year) and Kaberle for Seguin and a Bruins uniform with "Thank you Burke" on the back.

Rob Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 06:50 PM
GE0

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
I wouldn't draft Hamil with a 3rd round pick. His third year in the AHL and he's never produced. That's his game - a small point producing center - who can't score. 3 goals this year in 45 games,
3 goals in 45 games in the AHL? Jesus.

I'd rather just get a pick for the Leafs' scouts to use.

GE0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 06:50 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
He hasn't looked out of place in Boston so far. He made a sweet pass to Ryder for a goal, the kind of pass that made me think that there is a lot more to this guy than I thought.

I'm not saying you should want him, just that he hasn't looked out of place in the NHL at all. He even made a nice defensive play and made a couple of good hits.

He looks a lot better than I thought he would.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Retsmra2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
He hasn't looked out of place in Boston so far. He made a sweet pass to Ryder for a goal, the kind of pass that made me think that there is a lot more to this guy than I thought.

I'm not saying you should want him, just that he hasn't looked out of place in the NHL at all. He even made a nice defensive play and made a couple of good hits.

He looks a lot better than I thought he would.
It makes sense that Boston might be showcasing him because he's not a better option than Seguin right now.

Old
02-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Megan Fox
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsmra2010 View Post
It makes sense that Boston might be showcasing him because he's not a better option than Seguin right now.
Guess you haven't seen Seguin play!

Megan Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 07:09 PM
GE0

For anyone interested, NHL Network is airing the Red Wings @ Bruins game.

GE0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 07:22 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Just a guess, but Zachary Robert Hamill was called up for a showcase. PC is (IMO) trying to land Kaberle and trying to sell Brain Burke on the former #8 pick in 2007. Honestly, I am not a Hamill fan but he's looked decent this year at the AHL level and the past few games.

Kaberle for Boston's 1st in 2011 & Zachary Robert Hamill?
id say thats good enough in my books, and I dont see much use in hamill, but it would be worth taking a shot. I can't see burke getting much more than this.

Who knows, maybe Florida will trade booth or weiss for hamill, a once high pick who hasnt panned out? Frolik for Skille

still dont see kaberle going anywhere.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 07:29 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

2 weeks before the trade deadline and 1 of the busiest GMs out there has nothing better to do then to say hi to family and catch a meaningless game.

Sure, trolls, sure.

If BOS gets Kabs, for whatever, your gonna see what he can do with some real support. When his forwards know how to play with him and stand in front of the net, (Lucic) he is dominant.

What about Caron? What's he like. His HF profile describes a player we could really use. Other then the injury issues.

The Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
are his family members also member of the boston bruins
No..but why wouldn't he scout a game live when seeing family in the area. Doesn't mean anything groundbreaking is going to happen. The thread should be closed cause there is nothing to discuss.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 07:43 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
No..but why wouldn't he scout a game live when seeing family and in the area. Doesn't mean anything groundbreaking is going to happen. The thread should be closed.
were 2 weeks away from the trade deadline day there have been tons of rumors with to and boston

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
I know you weren't asking me but the obvious response is Joe Colborne.
The obvious response for someone that has no firckin idea what they're talking about is Joe Colborne, because that's what the hockeysfuture site will tell you (This is you.)

The actual answer is Jamiel Arniel or Trent Whitfield. Yea, tons of center depth there.

Kaoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 07:47 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Cayce View Post
2 weeks before the trade deadline and 1 of the busiest GMs out there has nothing better to do then to say hi to family and catch a meaningless game.

Sure, trolls, sure.

If BOS gets Kabs, for whatever, your gonna see what he can do with some real support. When his forwards know how to play with him and stand in front of the net, (Lucic) he is dominant.

What about Caron? What's he like. His HF profile describes a player we could really use. Other then the injury issues.
Not available unless he's a part of a package that lands a big fish. To me (and most knowledgeable Boston fans) he's Boston's #2 prospect behind Seguin. HF's write up on him is laughable.

This is what you should read:
http://www.hockeyjournal.com/

And this is not the first time I have seen a Toronto fan say he has injury issues. What the hell are you talking about?
2011/02/07 Recalled from Providence (AHL).
2010/12/06 Assigned to Providence (AHL).
2010/12/01 Missed 2 games (flu).
2010/11/28 Flu, day-to-day.
2010/03/31 Signed by the Boston Bruins to a three-year entry-level contract.
2009/09/20 Returned to his junior team (Rimouski-QMJHL).

Since when is the flu injury problems?

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Edgeworth*

Wouldn't deny a 1st and Hamill, people might whine but that's a good trade for what the B's are getting, a rental PMD with a 50 point average. If only Kabs were signed longer we could probably get Caron or Marchand :/ Ah well.

Burke seems to want to buff up the prospect pool while adding some guys either at the NHL level or close to it.

Edgeworth* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Retsmra2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
The obvious response for someone that has no firckin idea what they're talking about is Joe Colborne, because that's what the hockeysfuture site will tell you (This is you.)

The actual answer is Jamiel Arniel or Trent Whitfield. Yea, tons of center depth there.
That's me? I don't read hockeys future.

As for Arniel, he's nowhere near NHL ready and Whitfield has proven his uselessness at the NHL level. If Boston calls up another centre it would be Joe Colborne.

Before you tell me that Arniel has produced better than Colborne(by one point...), let's remember he's also produced better than Hamill and that didn't stop Chiarelli. Arniel has nowhere near the strength or skill to compete at the nHL level right now.

Unless you know what need you are trying to fill, you cannot tell me precisely who is going to be called up. Colborne is the most NHL ready for a scoring role especially. And that's from a person who doesn't think that highly of Colborne at all actually.

The ball is in your court however, I'd think very carefully before I respond if I was you to save yourself from further embarrassment to your fan base. It's okay though, there are plenty of people like you - NHL fans with little to no knowledge of prospects or anything else.

Last edited by Retsmra2010*: 02-11-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old
02-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Obviously Kessel and Giguere for TOR's 1st and Rask

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 07:59 PM
iCanada

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
kaberle for tor 1st, wheeler 2nd ?
...Pfft, gimme a break, Burke better get more for Kaberle than that. Otherwise the Leafs might as well just keep him.

iCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
That's me? I don't read hockeys future.

As for Arniel, he's nowhere near NHL ready and Whitfield has proven his uselessness at the NHL level. If Boston calls up another centre it would be Joe Colborne.

Before you tell me that Arniel has produced better than Colborne(by one point...), let's remember he's also produced better than Hamill and that didn't stop Chiarelli.

Unless you know what need you are trying to fill, you cannot tell me precisely who is going to be called up. Colborne is the most NHL ready for a scoring role especially.
Haha, Arniel has been called up already. Whitfield was the callup last season. Chiarelli has already said Colborne is not ready for a callup or ready for the NHL in general. But lets play along cause you enjoy making yourself look silly.

You think Boston is going to call up Colborne for a playoff run? A guy that has exactly zero games NHL experience? Think about that for a minute.

Yes, that's you. Just because Colborne is one of Bostons more high end prospects doesn't mean he's next inline for a callup.

Kaoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 08:00 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
Not available unless he's a part of a package that lands a big fish. To me (and most knowledgeable Boston fans) he's Boston's #2 prospect behind Seguin. HF's write up on him is laughable.

This is what you should read:
http://www.hockeyjournal.com/

And this is not the first time I have seen a Toronto fan say he has injury issues. What the hell are you talking about?
2011/02/07 Recalled from Providence (AHL).
2010/12/06 Assigned to Providence (AHL).
2010/12/01 Missed 2 games (flu).
2010/11/28 Flu, day-to-day.
2010/03/31 Signed by the Boston Bruins to a three-year entry-level contract.
2009/09/20 Returned to his junior team (Rimouski-QMJHL).

Since when is the flu injury problems?

Take it down a peg. If you read what you bolded from my comment, you'd see that I was inquiring about him and said I had only read from HF. But thanks for the info, I hope your not too ******** by me.

The Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
It was the same deal with Turris. I'd be patient with players like Hamill. He looked pretty good in his first NHL game last April.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Robbler

Hudler + 1st for Kulemin

Robbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 08:02 PM
sacred

He's gotta be watching Wheeler. He wants a big body forward who can score and he almost fits the bill.

sacred is offline   Reply With Quote