HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XI

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2011, 07:43 PM
JT8888

vCash: 500
i think we should go for Hemsky and booth.

Moller, Hickey for Booth
Teubert, Martinez, 1st for Hemsky

Booth - Kopi - Hemsky
Symth - Stoll - Williams
Strum / Ponikarovsky - Zues - Brown
Clifford - Lewis / Richardson -Simmonds

Roll four lines

Old
02-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I work for the government. Productivity is looked down upon around here.
haha, any openings??

Old
02-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Well then spill the beans.
He doesn't do that. He just hints that he knows people and has inside info but never gets specific. He's an excellent poster otherwise though.

Old
02-11-2011, 08:19 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
He doesn't do that. He just hints that he knows people and has inside info but never gets specific. He's an excellent poster otherwise though.
Im not speaking for anyone barr myself when i say that I enjoy hearing the kings are close to a deal. Be it true or untrue I feel better for believing that their is a slim chance the Kings could be improving themselves in the near future.

What would you do Maynard if you had gossip of the similar nature? Would you spill the beans risking the chance you get inside information in the future?

BTW Tonnell, Spill the freaken beans.

Old
02-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

we dont need a deal that will give us a 'little' help

The only thing missing from this team is impact players

Old
02-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

If you aren't gonna spill the beans, can you at least cut the cheese?

Old
02-11-2011, 08:28 PM
Rusty Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
we dont need a deal that will give us a 'little' help

The only thing missing from this team is impact players
We have a winner.

The kings need to pool their assets together for true impact players (wingers) that are long-term solutions.

If that isn't available then I would take advantage of this sellers market and trade some of our veteran players that don't fit into our long-term plan.

We are not "a little help" away from a deep playoff run. We might be a 45 goal winger away from said playoff run.

Last thing we need is more 20 goal scorers taking up cap-space.

Old
02-11-2011, 08:39 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Well the way I see it is this, I have seen the way people get treated when they get specific about any trades, injuries cuts or call ups and things go south so in this case I would rather say that I have heard from a players agent that DL has been offered a player that would be a nice get for the team and the return isn't as much as some would have thought. The ball is in DL's court but I have no idea how he feels about the offer or if he thinks its a good deal so why bother naming names or going into details?

To me I only get specific when there is a good cause to and I do from time to time but I don't claim to have any inside info on the Kings in particular. Sorry for the confusion.

Old
02-11-2011, 08:47 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Well the way I see it is this, I have seen the way people get treated when they get specific about any trades, injuries cuts or call ups and things go south so in this case I would rather say that I have heard from a players agent that DL has been offered a player that would be a nice get for the team and the return isn't as much as some would have thought. The ball is in DL's court but I have no idea how he feels about the offer or if he thinks its a good deal so why bother naming names or going into details?

To me I only get specific when there is a good cause to and I do from time to time but I don't claim to have any inside info on the Kings in particular. Sorry for the confusion.
Thank you! I totally respect you for that.

Good to hear we may be in on someone who could help this team and not have to give a lot up for him.

Old
02-11-2011, 08:52 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

Hemsky?

Old
02-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Maynard

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugold View Post
What would you do Maynard if you had gossip of the similar nature? Would you spill the beans risking the chance you get inside information in the future?

I don't think I'd say anything at all. What would be the point? All it's going to get is a bunch of spill the beans posts. I really like his hockey posts though. Not trashing the guy at all. I just don't get the "hey we might possibly be on the verge of maybe dealing someone for someone else". Other people do like it though, so it's all good.

Old
02-11-2011, 08:58 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
I don't think I'd say anything at all. What would be the point? All it's going to get is a bunch of spill the beans posts. I really like his hockey posts though. Not trashing the guy at all. I just don't get the "hey we might possibly be on the verge of maybe dealing someone for someone else". Other people do like it though, so it's all good.
I think it's good to know that Dean has something cooking that might be coming to a boil.

Old
02-11-2011, 09:01 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

Quote:
I like hearing anyones little whispers about trades (that would be why im lurking in the rumours thread), though names are infinity better.

btw i notice you have maynard as your name. tool fan?
if so check out the song warpaint by warpaint, i think it sounds very perfect circlesqe

Old
02-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Maynard

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugold View Post
I like hearing anyones little whispers about trades (that would be why im lurking in the rumours thread), though names are infinity better.
btw i notice you have maynard as your name. tool fan?
if so check out the song warpaint by warpaint, i think it soundsvery perfect circlesqe
You make a good point, this is the trade rumor thread isn't it?

I'm a huge TOOL fan, I'll check out Warpaint.

Old
02-11-2011, 09:07 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I appreciate the opinion maynard and take no offense at all. Its a fair and valid point and all good.

Old
02-11-2011, 09:09 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

If you like tool check out Bear vs Shark Busses no Busses.

They are different than tool but so is everyone else, but for my money Bear vs Shark was the greatest hard rocking unknown band of a generation. Ma Jolie, Catamaran and the rest all exceptional.

Old
02-11-2011, 09:17 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

Quote:
If you like tool check out Bear vs Shark Busses no Busses.

They are different than tool but so is everyone else, but for my money Bear vs Shark was the greatest hard rocking unknown band of a generation. Ma Jolie, Catamaran and the rest all exceptional.
I like this, delicious. Sounds alot like at the drive-in.

Old
02-11-2011, 09:22 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Yes it does a bit at times. Not quite a tool sound but it is hard and inventive like tool.

Old
02-11-2011, 09:48 PM
KingLB

Quote:

So what your saying if we all just started acting like jerks towards you for no reason, you would have no reason to hide this "info"???

Old
02-11-2011, 09:52 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
So what your saying if we all just started acting like jerks towards you for no reason, you would have no reason to hide this "info"???
Think he is saying he has no desire to be treated the way Matt is when he posts specifics on names.

Old
02-11-2011, 09:56 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Yes

No

I mean

Who?

Old
02-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:

Would you be able to tell us if the player would be coming from a Western or Eastern team?

Old
02-11-2011, 11:19 PM
HeadInjury

Quote:

Just PM me with all the details. I promise I won't tell anyone.

Old
02-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Kopi The King
It's baaaaaack!!!

Tonell, was that player Hemsky?

Barry on twitter suggest Hemsky for Tuebs or Muzz plus roster player......sorry no link, posting via mobile phone.

Old
02-11-2011, 11:27 PM
HeadInjury

Before anyone gets excited about what Barry claims, someone please point me to a trade rumor of his that has ever turned out to be accurate.

And saying he breaks news on injuries or signings doesn't count. I give him credit where it's due, but to the best of my recollection he's never nailed a trade rumor, although he's made many.

Plus, even with this Hemsky rumor, Barry's not the first person to claim a deal was being discussed for him.

Closed Thread