HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Several things: No contract extensions, not renewing with Roch (Kuli, Bitz, McCabe)

Old
02-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Several things: No contract extensions, not renewing with Roch (Kuli, Bitz, McCabe)

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...llman-pra.html

Lots of info. No one's contract will be extended before the deadline. Panthers not done. Kuli could play Sunday. Stillman, too. McCabe looks to be back next week, wants to stay. Rochester contract will not be renewed. Bitz still hurt.

02-11-2011, 02:08 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Oh man, I don't like this game. It sounds way too like the Panthers to gamble with FAs and then it blow up in our face.

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...llman-pra.html

Lots of info. No one's contract will be extended before the deadline. Panthers not done. Kuli could play Sunday. Stillman, too. McCabe looks to be back next week, wants to stay. Rochester contract will not be renewed. Bitz still hurt.
Shocker. He and Kilger should make babies.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Meh, reminds me more of Smurph than Kilger. At least Bitz wants to play, just can't get cleared for whatever reason.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Laus723
Future Now

More McCabe here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...hers-in-y.html

Good words on him, I like what they have to say. With Caber coming back soon, and the rest of the defense playing so well, especially Ellerby, anyone else think Allen could be moved sooner than later? I mean, they could just have 7 defensemen ready, but Ellerby has definitely earned a spot on the roster.

Old
02-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Erick

Has this place really become "desirable?" I think they're taking a risky approach with the UFA's...

Old
02-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Sports24-7

If the Panthers lose more assets without getting any return my head might explode. The Bou thing was inexcusable. If they let McCabe or Voukoun, or any of these guys really, walk in the offseason without compensation this team might as well just fold. I hope this is just a sign that they plan on moving these guys at the deadline.

Sports24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 05:03 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
More McCabe here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...hers-in-y.html

Good words on him, I like what they have to say. With Caber coming back soon, and the rest of the defense playing so well, especially Ellerby, anyone else think Allen could be moved sooner than later? I mean, they could just have 7 defensemen ready, but Ellerby has definitely earned a spot on the roster.
I'd like McCabe back but not for more than 3 mill a season assuming he's going to want two or three years. I don't understand the reasoning for waiting till the season is over to negotiate. Seems like a lot of risk. If they want McCabe back next season they should make an offer now, if he doesn't accept trade him.

Allen should be traded. His value will only decline, imo.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 05:12 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports24-7 View Post
If the Panthers lose more assets without getting any return my head might explode. The Bou thing was inexcusable. If they let McCabe or Voukoun, or any of these guys really, walk in the offseason without compensation this team might as well just fold. I hope this is just a sign that they plan on moving these guys at the deadline.
I agree.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 05:17 PM
harv3317

seems like an awfully flawed system to me!!!! wait until they're ufa???? bidding war, no compensation if we lose them!!!!! inexplicable to me!!!!!!

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 05:19 PM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

Of the two players id rather keep mccabe than vokoun, for a number of reasons. The first is that i think mccabe is a pretty good defensemen and captain and considering our young defense men coming up ellerby, gudbranson, and development of kuli i would like to see a veteran defensemen on our team. That being said he should be signed to something less than hes making now. As far as vokoun...lets face the seasons over anyways we dont need him to keep losing games for us clemmensen can easily do that. And second, there is gluttany of available solid goaltenders this off season who could put on a panthers sweater. At this point any return for vokoun is a good return, get his contract off the books and get a couple of picks in return.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 05:22 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
I'm not sure what we get out of waiting until the off-season with these UFAs? Anybody have any idea? I mean the fact they won't even negotiate is pretty interesting and hardcore in itself.

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 07:36 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
More like Bertuzzi than Kilger.

....if you only knew what really happened with Kilger!!!!

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 08:39 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports24-7 View Post
To some extent our hands are tied with those players.

Should McCabe or Vokoun just want to finish the year here and not want to resign, there's nothing Tallon can do about it as they have NTCs.

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post

Should McCabe or Vokoun just want to finish the year here and not want to resign, there's nothing Tallon can do about it as they have NTCs.
This is true.

Old
02-11-2011, 08:56 PM
KW

Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
seems like an awfully flawed system to me!!!! wait until they're ufa???? bidding war, no compensation if we lose them!!!!! inexplicable to me!!!!!!
I think the point is that the GMs don't really like several if not most of our players, other than the new crop. That's the impression I got last night at townhall.

KW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
The comparison to Murphy is more accurate. Kilger simply flat out wouldn't play for the Panthers, he didn't fake an injury or anything. And Bitz probably isn't faking, either. A guy as on the borderline as he is for even being in the NHL at all sure as hell wouldn't sit out a season if he didn't have to.

02-11-2011, 09:17 PM
Sports24-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post

Except if those guys don't want to return next year, why would they care about being moved at the deadline most likely to a playoff team?

Sports24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
I think the point is that the GMs don't really like several if not most of our players, other than the new crop. That's the impression I got last night at townhall.
Well, there's reason for that. I like that they're not trying to polish this turd, they're saying this team's ****** and needs to get cleaned up.

Old
02-11-2011, 09:53 PM
sabrefan27

Kevin O is going to have an article about the affiliation tomorrow morning, likely detailing the Amerks' point of view. I can't see the Amerks going independent, as that's been labeled as a huge long shot. So Rochester will be with someone not named Florida. I can't see Nashville, or any NHL club, giving up half their AHL spots for Florida. Going to be an interesting few months.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Kevin O is going to have an article about the affiliation tomorrow morning, likely detailing the Amerks' point of view. I can't see the Amerks going independent, as that's been labeled as a huge long shot. So Rochester will be with someone not named Florida. I can't see Nashville, or any NHL club, giving up half their AHL spots for Florida. Going to be an interesting few months.
So long as we're done with Rochester, and I can't see an AHL team not wanting an NHL affiliate. Especially with what Florida has coming down the line, and their saying that they're not going to be rushing kids anymore.

Old
02-11-2011, 10:09 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
So long as we're done with Rochester, and I can't see an AHL team not wanting an NHL affiliate. Especially with what Florida has coming down the line, and their saying that they're not going to be rushing kids anymore.
I'm just trying to think of an NHL team who's willing to give up half their roster in the minors. It's unlikely, especially Richards' suggestion of Nashville/Milwaukee.

The question is will all 30 AHL teams survive next season. If so, it'll likely be a swap of some sort. If not, Florida could be on the outside looking in. There's more of a chance that Florida is left without an affiliate than Rochester.

Old
02-11-2011, 11:48 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Somebody's gonna want Markstrom...

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 06:16 AM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
I'm just trying to think of an NHL team who's willing to give up half their roster in the minors. It's unlikely, especially Richards' suggestion of Nashville/Milwaukee.

The question is will all 30 AHL teams survive next season. If so, it'll likely be a swap of some sort. If not, Florida could be on the outside looking in. There's more of a chance that Florida is left without an affiliate than Rochester.
I'll be glad to see you struggle with another team next year, and complaining about your affiliation on another board !

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 08:33 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
I'll be glad to see you struggle with another team next year, and complaining about your affiliation on another board !
You honestly think the Amerks are going to be worse next season? They just got shut out at home for the second straight game.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...ws|text|Sports