HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #57 @ Atlanta Thrashers

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #57 @ Atlanta Thrashers
Ryan Callahan 0 0%
Brandon Dubinsky 10 14.93%
Marian Gaborik 19 28.36%
Dan Girardi 2 2.99%
Henrik Lundqvist 15 22.39%
Ryan McDonagh 14 20.90%
Vaclav Propsal 2 2.99%
Michael Sauer 1 1.49%
Marc Staal 3 4.48%
Wojtek Wolski 0 0%
Other 1 1.49%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-12-2011, 01:25 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
The difference between the Yankees and the Rangers is that the Yankees don't settle for mediocrity. I know how this league works. You blow, you draft 1st overall, you win Cups, you get old, you blow, repeat. The Rangers have settled for a fringe playoff team, who's system breeds solid players, whereas other teams willingly sunk, and now have top teams who's systems breed star players. Del Zotto isn't a future star, he's a future ok player. This lineup is filled with ok players and I'm sick of them. If there were young kids up here making mistakes who were gonna be somebody, I'm fine with that, but these are not future stars.

And two points on the Yankees;

1)You forget that a decade ago the Rangers were in a league where you could buy everything just like the Yankees. They ****ed that up too.

2)How many players has the Ranger's system produced, that are the caliber of Jeter, Mo Rivera, Posada, Pettite, Hughes, Cano, and Bernie Williams; legit star players? One in the last 40 years, and that's Brian Leetch.

If baseball got a cap; guess who would be winning championships; the Yankees. Money can't buy great management, as the Rangers proved in the pre-cap era, time and time again.
The Yankees are good because they can spend more than everyone else, moron.

MDZ is not going to be a future "ok player," he's going to be a premier PMD. If you can't see his potential, I seriously don't know what to tell you.

The Rangers are FINALLY starting to do things the right way, and spoiled babies like you don't have the stomach to see things through.

Congrats, you managed to name five or six guys the Yankees drafted over the course of 20 years that have been successful. Lets come up with a list of all the mercenaries the yanks have signed to put them over the top and win their championships.

The NHL doesn't work on monopoly money. I may despise Sather, but at least he has some kind of clue. You're worse than Sutter.

Revelation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 01:39 AM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
The Yankees are good because they can spend more than everyone else, moron.

MDZ is not going to be a future "ok player," he's going to be a premier PMD. If you can't see his potential, I seriously don't know what to tell you.

The Rangers are FINALLY starting to do things the right way, and spoiled babies like you don't have the stomach to see things through.

Congrats, you managed to name five or six guys the Yankees drafted over the course of 20 years that have been successful. Lets come up with a list of all the mercenaries the yanks have signed to put them over the top and win their championships.

The NHL doesn't work on monopoly money. I may despise Sather, but at least he has some kind of clue. You're worse than Sutter.
I just don't like Del Zotto. I've been watching hockey my whole life, I know a thing or two about the game, and I don't think he's a great player. Because my opinion on a player differs from yours, it makes me spoiled and a moron? That's rather pompous and arrogant if you ask me.

And you should just stop bringing up the Yankees because you obviously don't know **** about baseball. 5 or 6 core players is all you need. The rest are mercenaries. This is how it works in all sports. The Yankees have never won a title without 5 or 6 great core players. The Rangers have never had 5 or 6 great core players on one team. Anyone who thinks the Yankees ransom the championship with their money knows absolutely nothing about baseball. Furthermore, the NHL has only been capped for six years out of a nearly 90 year history. You still failed to explain to me why the Rangers didn't win 26 championships prior to 2006 like the Yankees did.

Noone disagree with this model citizen, it makes you a spoiled moron.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 01:42 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Missed this game, sounds like it's really good I did.

Oh well. Just more reason that i've become more anxious and interested in July 1st than the rest of this season.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 01:45 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Its plain and simple. We're not playing well.It's just not happening. We can't move the puck efficiently. I'm watching other teams and the puck movement is phenomenal... they're opening up lanes and what not. A lot of that comes from the back end. Someone like Kaberle will do this team wonders just like Enstrom does the same for Atlanta.

It's safe to say the Rozsy trade hasn't worked out. At the very least Sather should have held off a bit.
Rozy would not help with any of our current woes unless tonight was different.

What Torts needs to do is break up MDZ-Gilroy because he's a ****ing idiot if he thinks that pairing has any semblance of respectability.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 02:22 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:
I just don't like Del Zotto. I've been watching hockey my whole life, I know a thing or two about the game, and I don't think he's a great player. Because my opinion on a player differs from yours, it makes me spoiled and a moron? That's rather pompous and arrogant if you ask me.

And you should just stop bringing up the Yankees because you obviously don't know **** about baseball. 5 or 6 core players is all you need. The rest are mercenaries. This is how it works in all sports. The Yankees have never won a title without 5 or 6 great core players. The Rangers have never had 5 or 6 great core players on one team. Anyone who thinks the Yankees ransom the championship with their money knows absolutely nothing about baseball. Furthermore, the NHL has only been capped for six years out of a nearly 90 year history. You still failed to explain to me why the Rangers didn't win 26 championships prior to 2006 like the Yankees did.

We're talking about a post-cap era. I'm not here to make excuses as to why the team has a history of mediocrity.

Your willingness to give up on a 20 year old with tremendous upside tells me all I need to know about you.

How am I the spoiled one when you're the moron who wants to dump every player who is in a slump?

I'm not against making roster moves and possibly moving young players for the right pieces, but the babies who constantly complain make me sick.

Revelation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 02:35 AM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
We're talking about a post-cap era. I'm not here to make excuses as to why the team has a history of mediocrity.

Your willingness to give up on a 20 year old with tremendous upside tells me all I need to know about you.

How am I the spoiled one when you're the moron who wants to dump every player who is in a slump?

I'm not against making roster moves and possibly moving young players for the right pieces, but the babies who constantly complain make me sick.
First of all, with our history of crap, I've got every right to complain. Seconly, I don't love the Yankees like I love this team. I root for the Yankees, but I am a Ranger, and when the Yankees lose, it sucks, but when the Rangers lose, it absolutely kills me. You're looking at me as a Yankees fan who is a casual fan of the Rangers, who thinks I can just complain about anything because my real team has 27 championships. I've been a Rangers, Knicks, Giants, and Yankees fan since birth. Yes the Yankees win, and I thank God every day that I'm a Yankees fan, but with the Knicks, Giants, and Rangers, I know what losing is, especially when you consider that the Rangers are by far my favorite, and that I have something with them that goes deeper than the other 3. It's absolutely retarded to call someone who loves the Rangers like I do "spoiled". I may be a Yankees fan, but in here I'm a Rangers fan just as much as you are, and you know as well as I do that I'm far from spoiled, because no Rangers fan is spoiled. I'm asking for better than one Cup in 71 years. I'm sorry I'm so ****in spolied, next time I'll wait 100 years!!!

Spoiled??? THAT'S BULL ****!!!!!

Old
02-12-2011, 03:16 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

What has happened to zuccarello??

Last 2 games not a nominee/mention as a candidate to vote for and now only about 9 mins icetime..

I fear he'll be sent down soon..

Guess he shouldn't have Missed that penalty shot, it's been downhill after that...

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 03:23 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

he hasnt been playing that well. hes young and still adapting.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 04:03 AM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
What has happened to zuccarello??

Last 2 games not a nominee/mention as a candidate to vote for and now only about 9 mins icetime..

I fear he'll be sent down soon..

Guess he shouldn't have Missed that penalty shot, it's been downhill after that...
He played a good game against Detroit, Imo one of the best Rangers´ in that game. I don´t think the game against Atlanta is a good measure for him, his line just got about 9-10 minutes, and most of the team sucked anyways.... The teams poor performance over many games of course has influence on him to. A young rookie, still getting used to the NHL game. I hope he stays, he has what it takes, just needs to get this first season to adapt and to get going.

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 04:13 AM
Patriks7

Guys guys, look at it this way. Didn't last season the Blackhawks lose 8 in a row? Look what that brought them!

Patriks7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 04:40 AM
ck20

Quote:

You talk like a spoiled Yankee fan, not like a Rangers fan who *should* be patient with all the young, unexperienced raw talent we have on the NHL team (MDZ, Stepan, Zuc, McDonagh, Sauer) and in the system (Grachev, Valentenko, Kundratek, Kreider, etc); Not to mention a pretty solid core we have in Hank, Cally, Dubi, Gaby, AA, Boyle, Staal and Girardi who also looks like 6+ damn good players that are only going to get better as they get older and even more experience. God forbid it take TIME to develop some of these ~19-21 year olds playing in their first season or 2 of a league against (and I'll just cherry pick from the East) players like Crosby, Malkin, Ovi, Briere, Lecavalier, E. Staal, Alfredsson who have been in the league for close to, if not longer than, a decade and have some crazy track records.

The way you talk is "well, the YANKEES have done this this and this..what have the RANGERS done," as if both teams were supposed to be identically owned and run. They were strong contenders in the 70s most of the time with pretty powerhouse/HOF players that should have won a Cup or two and obviously the early 90s.

Fun fact time:
Some of the 50s roster - Bathgate, Howell, Worsley, Henry, Prentice
Some of the 60s roster - Ratelle, Bathgate, Giacomin, Gilbert, Prentice, Howell, Worsley, Hadfield
Some of the 70s roster - Ratelle, Hadfield, Gilbert, Park, Giacomin, Vickers, Greschner, Tkaczuk, JD.

You're going to say that the Rangers never had a legit core group of players? Do 5 minutes of research into the team's history.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 05:22 AM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
You talk like a spoiled Yankee fan, not like a Rangers fan who *should* be patient with all the young, unexperienced raw talent we have on the NHL team (MDZ, Stepan, Zuc, McDonagh, Sauer) and in the system (Grachev, Valentenko, Kundratek, Kreider, etc); Not to mention a pretty solid core we have in Hank, Cally, Dubi, Gaby, AA, Boyle, Staal and Girardi who also looks like 6+ damn good players that are only going to get better as they get older and even more experience. God forbid it take TIME to develop some of these ~19-21 year olds playing in their first season or 2 of a league against (and I'll just cherry pick from the East) players like Crosby, Malkin, Ovi, Briere, Lecavalier, E. Staal, Alfredsson who have been in the league for close to, if not longer than, a decade and have some crazy track records.

The way you talk is "well, the YANKEES have done this this and this..what have the RANGERS done," as if both teams were supposed to be identically owned and run. They were strong contenders in the 70s most of the time with pretty powerhouse/HOF players that should have won a Cup or two and obviously the early 90s.

Fun fact time:
Some of the 50s roster - Bathgate, Howell, Worsley, Henry, Prentice
Some of the 60s roster - Ratelle, Bathgate, Giacomin, Gilbert, Prentice, Howell, Worsley, Hadfield
Some of the 70s roster - Ratelle, Hadfield, Gilbert, Park, Giacomin, Vickers, Greschner, Tkaczuk, JD.

You're going to say that the Rangers never had a legit core group of players? Do 5 minutes of research into the team's history.
Again I'm getting flamed up the ass just for saying something bad about Michael "Bobby Orr" Del Zotto.

HEY EVERYBODY, I THINK DEL ZOTTO IS A PIECE OF ****. WHO WANTS TO SHOOT ME????????

God ****ing forbid you say anything bad about the Rangers. They do so much winning I really need to learn to appreciate them more.

**** Del Zotto and **** you too ass hole.

Old
02-12-2011, 05:52 AM
Ola

Quote:
Again I'm getting flamed up the ass just for saying something bad about Michael "Bobby Orr" Del Zotto.

HEY EVERYBODY, I THINK DEL ZOTTO IS A PIECE OF ****. WHO WANTS TO SHOOT ME????????

God ****ing forbid you say anything bad about the Rangers. They do so much winning I really need to learn to appreciate them more.

You can say anything you want, sure its all the 20 y/o kids fault he is forced to play in a way to big of a role for any 20 y/o...

...you all ways hear screams about giving the kids a chance and what not. Well now you are seing what happeneds if you do not give yourself the option to ease them in. We are destroying one of the top 3-5 draft picks this team have made in about 10 years.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 05:52 AM
Sticky Fingers
NYR

The unison yearnings for the return of Eminger, didn't see that one coming pre season

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 05:55 AM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
You can say anything you want, sure its all the 20 y/o kids fault he is forced to play in a way to big of a role for any 20 y/o...
I don't know, maybe other people just have sympathy on him cause he's like a kid to them. I'm 19. I don't feel that. Del Zotto doesn't have that "kid" thing with me, maybe that's why I have no reservations about flaming him. I just don't get why people get so bent out of shape about it. So I don't like him, and I don't think he's very good; my prerogative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellohf View Post
The unison yearnings for the return of Eminger, didn't see that one coming pre season
You know I've been in a rather rotten mood tonight, but that made me chuckle. Thanks.

Last edited by Machinehead: 02-12-2011 at 06:00 AM.
Old
02-12-2011, 06:02 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterqvist24 View Post
We overachieved earlier in the year and now everyone is freaking out because we've hit a skid. How long is Torts' leash? It better be pretty freakin' long. He's done a great job creating a team identity and getting his players to buy into a system. He's getting a ton out of young players stepping into big roles.
Agreed 100 % about all the strengths you mention about Torts coaching...

...besides that he have clearly not done a good job. And thats a big problem. Torts have been a "failure" in the NHL after the lockout, and you can see why. He commits all the post-lockout misstakes possible. All other teams have at least started to adopt.

Its like we are playing a completely different sport then the successful teams in this league. Constantly giving the puck away all over the ice. Its a coach job these days to drill his team into be able to successfully start a transition game. We have no transition game, its a big black hole. We throw the puck up ice. If we face a team that do not show up, we will win the battles for loose pucks and take it to them. If we face a team that shows up, odds are just against us.

We have to work extremely hard for low % chances, while we constantly give up high % chances by default.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 06:09 AM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post

...you all ways hear screams about giving the kids a chance and what not. Well now you are seing what happeneds if you do not give yourself the option to ease them in. We are destroying one of the top 3-5 draft picks this team have made in about 10 years.
Well did I mention I like Stepan, or that I think Kreider will be a force, or that Callahan is my favorite player? How about Dubinsky, Staal, and Girardi? I love them. Did I mention that I think Valentenko is extremely underrated and could be a solid NHL dman? Sorry if I didn't. I mean I dislike one player and suddenly I'm giving up on the youth movement.

Oh I almost forgot Zuccarello, and McDonagh, who btw is already further along than Del Zotto and only a year older.

Last edited by Machinehead: 02-12-2011 at 06:17 AM.
Old
02-12-2011, 06:30 AM
fredrikstad

Did not see the game. Whats the reason to the lack of ice time for the Stephan line? Was they that bad?

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 06:44 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:

If MDZ turns it around and becomes a quality defenseman,don't disappear or change your nickname or come back with a different name.

We have had so many people bash players like Staal and then they disappear. There was one guy who would only post to knock Staal. I tried looking for those threads but he must have deleted them.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 07:08 AM
AJRanger

Voted McDonagh. He just looks so, so comfortable at everything.

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 07:40 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
couple things about some of the guys....
MDZ for some reason just does not have what he had last season, i think the rest of season in the ahl will do him good, and if he does a major turnaround down there give him another shot up here this season, but i think he feels he needs more time down there too and next season, i think u will see a more major and the style of play will be similar to his style in his rookie season.

Gilroy, has not been noticeable on the ice for the most part which is good, no big mistakes, unfortunately he kept losing his edge early in the game, which was no good and cost us the first goal, but he should stay in the lineup, he seems to be playing well right now

Eminger needs to be back in, he was having a great season and i did not see a reason to take him out except for mdz to play, which has not worked well.

Gabby, needs to play like he just did and he nets a couple lucky goals and his confidence is back.

Lundqvist, who can blame him for this game, he worked wicked hard out there and made excellent saves.

Zuccs...i love the guy, he is awesome, exciting to watch, but I think he needs to spend the rest of the season in the ahl just to play more and work on confidence, he will have a good offseason and come into training camp knowing the ropes and be great! I'd love for him to stay here, but i think he needs to produce more.

trades...i think a trade is coming, maybe the players are nervous and playing nervous, but they really need to find a way to win sunday!

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 09:31 AM
Placid

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
Did not see the game. Whats the reason to the lack of ice time for the Stephan line? Was they that bad?
Certainly no worse than anyone else, no, but i guess Tortorella didnt want to use them much in this game. He threw his "offensive highlights" (Gaborik, Callahan, Anisimov, Dubinsky, etc) at them as often as he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
Zuccs...i love the guy, he is awesome, exciting to watch, but I think he needs to spend the rest of the season in the ahl just to play more and work on confidence, he will have a good offseason and come into training camp knowing the ropes and be great! I'd love for him to stay here, but i think he needs to produce more.
I dont think its a confidence issue. The line he was on (Zucc, Step, WW2) simply wasnt used much. Its difficult being able to do anything when you are thrown onto the ice when the opponent rushes your zone, only to be yanked back off when you get the puck to center ice towards their zone.

Placid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 09:48 AM
chosen

Quote:

I could care less what you think about Del Zotto or anyone else, but anyone who believes that the Yankees haven't been purchasing success is in serious denial.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 09:59 AM
Blazephr

how is it 57 games into the season, and people still spell Stepan's (Stephan) name wrong?

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:03 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
how is it 57 games into the season, and people still spell Stepan's (Stephan) name wrong?
It's been four years and they still get Staal wrong.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote