HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Best Gloves

Old
02-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonger View Post
have you tried on the current generation ppfi's with the orange liner? i have the previous generation vaughn-made ppfi's and i find the current ones fit noticeably tighter due to more interior padding.
I tried on all three (pre-Vaughan, post-Vaughan, and orange liner) side by side and bought the pre-Vaughans, used them for one game, and returned them. The problem was that the fingers were a bit too long, so when I tried to close my hand around the stick, it pulled the gloves off slightly. Basically it felt like I was playing with my gloves halfway off.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 10:06 PM
thedonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I tried on all three (pre-Vaughan, post-Vaughan, and orange liner) side by side and bought the pre-Vaughans, used them for one game, and returned them. The problem was that the fingers were a bit too long, so when I tried to close my hand around the stick, it pulled the gloves off slightly. Basically it felt like I was playing with my gloves halfway off.
surprised you went with the pre-vaughn buyout as i think they felt the loosest of all 3.

thedonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:06 PM
hattrick3518

vCash: 625
Quote:
I'd be the opposite in that case, I can't stand hockey gloves that fit like a pair of winter gloves, I like my gloves big and comfy, not tight and constricting.

Quote:
surprised you went with the pre-vaughn buyout as i think they felt the loosest of all 3.
Its really personal preference, I haven't gotten a chance to try on any of them, but it'd be nice to do a side by side comparison for sure.

hattrick3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
The fit wasn't that different between them in all honesty, plus the newest was $200 and the others were $100.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Im Old Gregggg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTriangle View Post
I absolutely LOVE my pro-stock TPS R8's. Better feel and mobility compared to my last Bauer 4-rolls IMO.
i have pro stock r8s to and i will buy another pair when these are toast, those gloves are moneyyyyyyyyyy

its all preference, personally i like:

- tps r8s (supercomy... also much better than the r10s dont get suckered into the higher model #, nylon ftw)
- bauer 4 rolls (nice and roomy)
- bauer one70/one90 (the older model.... nice and wide at cuff, tapered at fingers, imo a very unique feeling glove)

also dont get suckered into the looks of leather .... nylon gloves outperform in almost EVERY category, its no wonder most of the highend gloves (and pro stock) are nylon
i like a smaller glove (tight on the palm/fingers) size 13, just wish i could get one with a dirty wide opening on the cuff (like the one70s) one that size of glove

Last edited by Im Old Gregggg: 02-11-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Im Old Gregggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 11:01 PM
hattrick3518

vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Old Gregggg View Post
i have pro stock r8s to and i will buy another pair when these are toast, those gloves are moneyyyyyyyyyy

its all preference, personally i like:

- tps r8s (supercomy... also much better than the r10s dont get suckered into the higher model #, nylon ftw)
- bauer 4 rolls (nice and roomy)
- bauer one70/one90 (the older model.... nice and wide at cuff, tapered at fingers, imo a very unique feeling glove)

also dont get suckered into the looks of leather .... nylon gloves outperform in almost EVERY category, its no wonder most of the highend gloves (and pro stock) are nylon
i like a smaller glove (tight on the palm/fingers) size 13, just wish i could get one with a dirty wide opening on the cuff (like the one70s) one that size of glove
I don't know if I would call it getting "suckered into the looks of leather" as much as its just personal preference. I like the feel and richness of leather, over the cheapness of nylon. Where you like your gloves tight, I like mine loose. I can't stand gloves that are tight, I like them big and roomy, its just what I like, I wear size 15"+. I may try a pair of nylon's though, just to see if all the hype is what it seems.

hattrick3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 07:19 AM
izzy3

Quote:
My dream gloves would be hard to find, because I'm between 12 and 13" and I like the gloves to fit super tight.
try bauer vapors on. i am kinda in the same boat an had touble finding a good fitting 13" (I mainly wanted it to be long enough to connect with my elbow pads, but i like a tight fitting glove). finally someone told me the vapors fit tight, so i tried one. never had a better fitting glove. i think most manufacturers would size bauer vapor 13"s as 12.5".

hope it helps.

izzy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 09:36 AM
RangersAM99

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck44 View Post
I have the older Graf 600 gloves. My favorite pair of gloves so far. Second would probably be my old Bauer 4 rolls.
yeah man, I love my graf gloves

RangersAM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:59 AM
thedonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy3 View Post
try bauer vapors on. i am kinda in the same boat an had touble finding a good fitting 13" (I mainly wanted it to be long enough to connect with my elbow pads, but i like a tight fitting glove). finally someone told me the vapors fit tight, so i tried one. never had a better fitting glove. i think most manufacturers would size bauer vapor 13"s as 12.5".

hope it helps.
i don't think they'd be tight enough. i had xxxx pro's and now have x60 pro's and both fit (after break-in) looser than my ppfi's.

thedonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 09:55 PM
greyraven8

If you like an older style leather glove I would recommend the Eagle H34's.
Although they are now longer made, you can occasionally find some used ones one ebay or kijiji.

They are all Goatskin; both glove and palm. When they first started making them I believe they were made with horse leather, but they soon after changed their production to goat.

greyraven8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:42 PM
Pedagogue

Eagles make nice gloves but they are expen$ive. I have the X-88's and love them.

Pedagogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:03 AM
canuck44

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck44 View Post
I have the older Graf 600 gloves. My favorite pair of gloves so far. Second would probably be my old Bauer 4 rolls.
I think these gloves got bumped into second place after I got the XXX's. Sweet gloves.

canuck44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:53 PM
KareyPrice

bauer 4-rolls for the price and mobility and comfort /end of thread

KareyPrice is offline   Reply With Quote