HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Darren Duteschyn's Top 10 Bruins-Habs Moments

Old
02-11-2011, 12:13 AM
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Its not even worth reading if they have Komisarek's fight in the top 10 moments of one of the greatest rivalries in the NHL. Complete foolishness

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 12:41 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Lol ******* Darren dutchyschen man.. what a freakin loser

anytime he talks about the habs i can hear the bitterness in his voice, i cant stand that doorknob

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 12:43 AM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

You guys know, the anchors don't put together these segments right...? You can **** on Dutchy all you want but he's just reading it off a teleprompter...

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 12:44 AM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
If TSN were such a biased network that held nothing but contempt for the Habs. Why would they receive a channel dedicated to only airing Hab games regionally whenever they can acquire rights from RDS? You could theorize rating but the revenue would be relatively minor. Frankly, your claim of bias from Dutchy is without merit. That video was depicting memorable moments from the rivalry and whether or not we appreciate it, Ribs and Kovalev's feigned injuries were a long displayed highlight. The Komiasarek/Lucic confrontation is still talked about to this day.
Doesn't Bell own 100% or is in the process of owning 100% of the CTV broadcasting division, which includes TSN?

Bell is evidently partnering up with the Montreal Canadiens even further, judging by the series "Nos Canadiens" and the TSN specialty channel for the Habs.

I was surprised about it initially until I realized that the channel's only available for Bell satellite subscribers and it made sense. This wasn't a TSN initiative, this was a Bell initiative. Anyways, if you watch TSN at all, it's hard not to notice that there has been a bias against Habs for a while now.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 12:45 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBlondeDemon10 View Post
Holy, what about Dryden stone walling a powerful, favoured Bruins team in 1971? Where the hell was Dutchy's editor?
Dryden taking out the high powered bruins in 71

the 79 series

2002 series with koivu coming back from cancer and leading us vs the bruins

2004 series, 3-1 comeback to win 4-3

thats 4 right there off the top of my head, **** TSN

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 12:50 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

all there is to remember from this is : and the Habs went on to win the Stanley cup...

I'm OK with them having tons of moral victories

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 12:58 AM
Nedved

lol. I kept waiting to see what it was called, actually thought it was top 10 habs beat downs until number 1. pretty funny top 10, glad to see people having fun on the job.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 07:10 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Hey, Shayne Corson! I remember game he bloodied Neely. Bruins didn't like that one.

Could we ever have used a guy like that the other night. Been a different story outcome of game.

They should have shown Tremblay beating up Johnthan instead of Bouchard fight. Always hard for a guy with no helmet to fight a guy with helmet

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 07:14 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
Its not even worth reading if they have Komisarek's fight in the top 10 moments of one of the greatest rivalries in the NHL. Complete foolishness
Agree somewhat...what about some classics like the Larry Robinson Louis Sleighers fights. Ferguson/Green or Awrey tilts

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

What's funny is that the Bruins always have the better moments but yet are always on the losing side of things

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Habs13

Maybe they are making Habs players look like wimps because... they ARE wimps!?! That whole Ribeiro thing was a disgrace, as was Kovalev's stunt, topped off with a little hockey tape on the wrist for the post-game interviews. I'm glad both those bums are gone.

How come the op didn't mentioned Corson or Knuckles and Kordic doing what they did best?

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 03:25 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
If TSN were such a biased network that held nothing but contempt for the Habs. Why would they receive a channel dedicated to only airing Hab games regionally whenever they can acquire rights from RDS? You could theorize rating but the revenue would be relatively minor. Frankly, your claim of bias from Dutchy is without merit. That video was depicting memorable moments from the rivalry and whether or not we appreciate it, Ribs and Kovalev's feigned injuries were a long displayed highlight. The Komiasarek/Lucic confrontation is still talked about to this day.

Take the homer glasses off mate. There was not any bias in that video. You are merely whining because Boston came ahead in more media memorable moments than Montreal has. In actuality, I would say it was largely tied.

Boycott TSN? They are the best network available to watch NHL games.
The only problem with the canadiens channel is that it's only for people who have bell.(for now)

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 04:19 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Personnally, it's all about the money, not the wins. I hate the Yankees 'cause they are trying to but their championships. So there's nothing more satisfying than to see fail.
Same here, although after watching that (I live in the states but love when the Habs are on TSN when Gord and PM do the games) but at least now I know dutchyschen is a ****ing assclown, what a joke that TSN would put that up.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 04:36 PM
habs73

I am glad there is a thread about this. Dutchy sounds like such an idiot. Whenever he does Habs highlights he refers to them as the Habbies, seriously grinds my gears everytime i hear it.

Definitely not a Habs fan, infact I thought I read somewhere he was a leafs fan

habs73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBlondeDemon10 View Post
Holy, what about Dryden stone walling a powerful, favoured Bruins team in 1971? Where the hell was Dutchy's editor?
Yup. The Habs beating the best Bruin Team ever assembled has to be no1. But no, they have McLaren cheapshoting Zednik as number 10, in a series we came back from behind to beat them. Memorable for who?

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Habs 1909

I don't understand the hate for Dutchyshen?

The person in the video is Rod Smith, for starters.

Secondly, Smith is just reading a script, it's not like he's the one compiling the videos and turning it into a list.

Thirdly, someone in the thread mentioned TSN being "biased", yet wants the Habs to be favoured in this video.

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Ranger Angst

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
Agree somewhat...what about some classics like the Larry Robinson Louis Sleighers fights. Ferguson/Green or Awrey tilts
I've never seen the Fergie-Green apart from newspaper clippings my father kept. Does anyone remember when Nilan hit the B's goalie with the play going the other way & O'reilly turned around skated towards Nilan & he got clocked. O.reilly out cold with a gash requiring a lot of stitiches. Can't find a video of that either , but I do have it on VHS. Habs kicked the whole league's ass up to the start of the 80's.

Ranger Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Steveshutt

The hatred for DD doesn't stem directly from this Top 10 video. I know he's not responsible for choosing the footage and that he's just a talking head for the most part.

It's culminated from watching him gush about The B's for years now and when he finally called the Bruins "we" the other night it made my blood boil.

And I do think this Top 10 was biased. It made it seem as though the Bruins have, most of the time, come out on the winning end of the age-old rivalry when obviously, the reverse is true.

Steveshutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Habs fan or not, this is the worst top 10 I've seen them ever do. It's basically a top ten list of fights... give me a break.

And how in the world does Ken Dryden's awesome series not warrant a place in the top 2 here?

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 11:30 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
You guys know, the anchors don't put together these segments right...? You can **** on Dutchy all you want but he's just reading it off a teleprompter...
Maybe the ones feeding the teleprompter are the ones that distort the thing some...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 06:35 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

lol Ribeiro on the ice was a top moment? They show Kovalev faking yet they didn't show how a monster he became in that series after that, how he beat Boston on his own. Of all these for the Bruins, sure Jonathan-Bouchard and Lucic-Komisarek were big moments but the rest is garbage.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote