HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Quebec City to announce arena plans

Old
02-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Forsead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzlaf View Post
You have it wrong.

400M$ = 300M$ for the material + 100M$ for the wages + 200M$ for commitees + 50M$ for commitees to review the commitees + 50M$ of gifts to the mafia/construction + 300M$ in unexpected cost (such as forgeting to include weather in the initial projection, etc).

That is how you get the ''400M$'' figure.

Yeah refuse to acknowledge facts that i've write...

It's not because the olympics stadium was a big fail that all projects will be, there is alot of chances all will go well.

So you already know that there will be unexpected cost wow.(every engineer in Quebec include weather in the project from the start sorry...)

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 02:23 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post

Yeah refuse to acknowledge facts that i've write...

It's not because the olympics stadium was a big fail that all projects will be, there is alot of chances all will go well.

So you already know that there will be unexpected cost wow.(every engineer in Quebec include weather in the project from the start sorry...)
That's because you don't have a metro where 3 stations costs $1G or an hospital that has yet to be built and already cost us millions of dollars.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
That's because you don't have a metro where 3 stations costs $1G or an hospital that has yet to be built and already cost us millions of dollars.
Yeah and it's always in Montreal that's happening is the new stadium in MTL ?

Old
02-11-2011, 02:41 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
At least the privately funded Bell Centre was done within cost and on time.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 02:46 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Yeah and it's always in Montreal that's happening is the new stadium in MTL ?
Only in Montreal? I wouldn't say so. Any project of that magnitude that is publicly founded is bound to have problems. You don't hear anything about the new A25 bridge, which is financed by both the public and private.

Now I guess you hear about Montreal more often since the bigger projects are here.

Old
02-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Only in Montreal? I wouldn't say so. Any project of that magnitude that is publicly founded is bound to have problems. You don't hear anything about the new A25 bridge, which is financed by both the public and private.

Now I guess you hear about Montreal more often since the bigger projects are here.
The highway that connect Quebec city from Saguenay was a 1 billion $ project and it has gone very well.

The connecter Charest/Robert Bourassa is a 300 millions projects that is right now in construction and it is going pretty well in all aspects.

Laval university has done a project on the Ferdinand Vandry wing it was a 100 millions projects and everythign was fine.

Old
02-11-2011, 02:54 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
The highway that connect Quebec city from Saguenay was a 1 billion $ project and it has gone very well.

The connecter Charest/Robert Bourassa is a 300 millions projects that is right now in construction and it is going pretty well in all aspects.

Laval university has done a project on the Ferdinand Vandry wing it was a 100 millions projects and everythign was fine.
Well I hope it goes well and doesn't go over-budget because otherwise many people will complain.

Old
02-12-2011, 06:42 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
What I don't understand is why Quebec needs the most expensive Arena in america? 400 Millions is 80 more than the state of the art Pittsburgh's arena...
If you read between the lines by what they were saying, 400 million is the cap. They won't start at that price, they just don't want to go above it so they say 400 just in case. I think they will start plans to create an arena that will be less costly than that and reaching 400 million will be in excess.

Kimota is online now   Reply With Quote