HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston radio attacks Pat Hickey and montreal |Hickey Responds

Old
02-12-2011, 08:02 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Bazinga! Well said!

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Andy

OMG I LOVE YOU PAT HICKEY!!

That has to be the greatest article ever written. It was a trash article, but it was written with class. Hahahaha.

Pat Hickey gets a +1 in my books.

Quote:
The undergraduate tuition at McGill is $2,068 a year; under-grads at Harvard have to pony up $33,696, which makes me wonder why they call it the land of the free.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...#ixzz1Dkn41kaE
BOOM! Hahaha.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 08:25 AM
BLONG7

Nice response by Hickey!!! The Boston media are some of the worst media in the entire USA...

BLONG7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Tusk

Who blows 2-0 leads with 3 minutes to go?

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Habbadasher

What bothered me about the Boston article is that it was replete with quotes from Marchand, who did not fight. Just a young guy running his mouth off, ironically that is what he says the Canadiens players were doing.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 09:07 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
What bothered me about the Boston article is that it was replete with quotes from Marchand, who did not fight. Just a young guy running his mouth off, ironically that is what he says the Canadiens players were doing.
This is typical Bruins behavior...it's OK for them to do what they want, and all they do is whine when someone does it to them....players, fans and media in that city.....as mentioned before, alot of their behavior as a team is out of frustration, the way they have lost to us on an ongoing basis 75% of the time...time to move on and win on March 8th...nuff said...

BLONG7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 09:32 AM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
We do not permit team forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams.

I hope I don't have to come back here later and repeat myself.
Really!!! have you looked at the Bruins board... ever??

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 09:42 AM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
BOOM! Hahaha.
Harvard: America's McGill

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
OMG I LOVE YOU PAT HICKEY!!

That has to be the greatest article ever written. It was a trash article, but it was written with class. Hahahaha.

Pat Hickey gets a +1 in my books.

BOOM! Hahaha.
That's what you call keeping your cool and professionalism. Way to go, Pat!

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
We do not permit team forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams.

I hope I don't have to come back here later and repeat myself.
I'm not trying to be confrontational with you, but I need to know - are the mods responsible for the bruins forum also aware of and following this rule?

Otherwise what's the point?

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 09:50 AM
BBrowser

We have our share of idiots and biggots in our media as well. The hockey crowd (of which I am part!) is definetely not the most intellectually gifted. Probably right up there with the tractor pulling crowd. Sorry, but I've spent the last 5 years calling out biggots in the quebec hockey media, and I'm starting to give up hope.

BBrowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 09:52 AM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
I'm not trying to be confrontational with you, but I need to know - are the mods responsible for the bruins forum also aware of and following this rule?

Yes. And we do police the forums the same way. If posters attack the fans or the city of a team, I do my best to take care of it. Attacking the teams or players....well, that happens and its not strictly against the rules. When people say "Montreal" and "Boston" we have to interpret whether they are speaking about the team or the city...and try to give the benefit of the doubt if its not clear.

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:00 AM
BBrowser

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
Yes. And we do police the forums the same way. If posters attack the fans or the city of a team, I do my best to take care of it. Attacking the teams or players....well, that happens and its not strictly against the rules. When people say "Montreal" and "Boston" we have to interpret whether they are speaking about the team or the city...and try to give the benefit of the doubt if its not clear.
Thanks for the effort, but I've read comments about french canadiens many times, and unless that seems perfectly alright to you, know that to us it's downright insulting and infuriating. Never mind the 10 000 comments about habs fans (who cares). This goes way beyond hockey.

BBrowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
the stuff that i've read time and again on the Bruins forum goes way beyond any jousting or expression of frustration with a loss. it gets into cultural, country and linguistic bigoted insults. it goes into expressions of violence and wishing players ill - even death. i used to be ok with it, and never took it personally. after all we're on an anonymous chat board - even though personal relationships between friend and foe are created, albeit virtually. BUT after the centennial a couple of years back, when many on your board wished retired habs had 'died already' and were dismissive of the accomplishments of the team...for some reason it crossed a line for me. sure it was jealousy on the part of your posters but it was idiotic. both boards get angry and frustrated; it's a heated rivalry, and i'm certainly a culprit (especially now that i've remained pissed) but the Bruins board in my opinion crosses the line day in and day out.

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:03 AM
lillypad33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
what are you doing here and what does even mean?
about the amount of Cups,(One time only MTL had access to talent in Quebec)

the **** you personally post on your own forum about hab fans and players is among the worst and most vitriolic on both boards.
Like somebody else said... Boston is a non-factor.
Spring training begins soon and they'll forget that hockey exists.

I remember being in Boston and the hockey game wasn't on NESN because a spring-training game was on.... Shows you the priority.

lillypad33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:04 AM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBrowser View Post
Thanks for the effort, but I've read comments about french canadiens many times, and unless that seems perfectly alright to you, know that to us it's downright insulting and infuriating. Never mind the 10 000 comments about habs fans (who cares). This goes way beyond hockey.
Yeah, I know that stuff happens. And when I see it, I handle it. Or if its reported, I handle it. I certainly don't see all of it.

Its deplorable, but every team has those fans (and posters) who can't draw the line. Its not just the Boston forum. But it definitely shows up when games like the last one happen.

doubleminor138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:59 AM
PyrettaBlaze

doubleminor138 was kind enough to our questions so let's move on now, OK? Back on topic, please.

02-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Jigger77

To me someone who needs to resort to violence and insults towards another's culture in reality explains a lot about their own cultural identity and their education level.

Give people who are unable to perceive any sense of reality outside of their little bubble-world bigger sticks, and they will use them in a weak attempt at adressing their own moral insecurities. I actually feel sorry for them. Such a pinheaded world-view. Bullies resort to bullying to reaffirm their own sense of self because they don't have the mental capacity or education to do otherwise. Pathetic. And to think this vomit is spewed from a radio station.

Last edited by Jigger77: 02-12-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Skarjak

The Canadiens have always been about class. You saw it when Price and Pouliot didn't hit their opponents while they were down on the ice. The Boston fighters didn't have the same mercy. Do you think the Habs will get their revenge if one of our players finds himself in the same position, later in the season? I'm pretty sure that he'll do the right thing again and stop hitting when his opponent is down. Just think that one of the all time great players of this league and a face of this franchise is a model of class, Jean Béliveau.

It doesn't matter what Boston does, our players should honor the jersey and make sure they don't go down to their level. As fans, we should show the same class.

It's ok to fantasize about having a goon rearrange Lucic's face though.

Skarjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:03 AM
MoonlightGraham

I'm surprised to see so many people up in arms over derogatory remarks about French Canadians coming out of Boston when I see much worse things said about French Canadians here on the Canadiens board all the time.

MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Cupmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Skinner View Post
I'm surprised to see so many people up in arms over derogatory remarks about French Canadians coming out of Boston when I see much worse things said about French Canadians here on the Canadiens board all the time.
I don't see much worse on our boards. There may be people who do not favor frnech canadian players over other players. But at least it is limited to hockey players (because let's face it, there are some good player from the Q, but most of them don't want to play here, the rest is just decent) and not race. Otherwise, I don't see people on these boards, Habs fans, do racist comments regarding French Canadians.

And on the topic, good job Hickey. He should start a demolition crew. And thank you Red Wings for calming down and giving a reality check the Boston crowd/team.

Cupmonger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
Really!!! have you looked at the Bruins board... ever??
Honestly, I don't spend much time on the Bruins board. My main concern is what happens here, on the Habs board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post

All mods including the ones on the Bruins board, are given the same rules to use while moderating.

As doubleminor138 mentioned, as much as we try, we don't get to read all the posts made on our assigned boards. There is just way too many. Which is why I keep asking, let me rephrase that, begging for all of you to report posts that you find are offensive or against the rules.

Until the majority of you start to do this. I'm not going to sugar coat it, you're going to see racist, offensive type posts.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:47 AM
neofury*

We'll see whose laughing in the playoffs when it's game seven 5-0 and Rask is in nets because Thomas got pulled mid way through the second and Price wins by shutout.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:55 AM
sheed36

Interesting read.. I thought a couple of the reader comments at the bottom were interesting.. Especially the comment from the Bruins fan who said that Felger and Mazz were neanderthals and do not represent Bruins fans...

Since I don't want to maybe cross a line here I won't comment any further on that neanderthal statement.. I'll let everyone draw their own conclusions in regards to that..

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
To me someone who needs to resort to violence and insults towards another's culture in reality explains a lot about their own cultural identity and their education level.

Give people who are unable to perceive any sense of reality outside of their little bubble-world bigger sticks, and they will use them in a weak attempt at adressing their own moral insecurities. I actually feel sorry for them. Such a pinheaded world-view. Bullies resort to bullying to reaffirm their own sense of self because they don't have the mental capacity or education to do otherwise. Pathetic. And to think this vomit is spewed from a radio station.
I believe the expression is Ignorance is Bliss.

Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote