HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Several things: No contract extensions, not renewing with Roch (Kuli, Bitz, McCabe)

Old
02-12-2011, 09:04 AM
BabyJagrov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
You honestly think the Amerks are going to be worse next season? They just got shut out at home for the second straight game.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...ws|text|Sports
I bet you will struggle... I'm not saying your season will be worse...

But you'll struggle and fans won't be pleased !

Don't mean to be hard, or say the Panthers are better, but I'm tired of Amerks reactions when clearly the Cats or Amerks side hasn't been better than another in this relation...

And I'm glad it will end !

Rochester won't ever get over the Buffalo ending, or maybe rumors are true and there may be an opening there in the future, I don't see it. A stable relationship like you had with the Sabres doesn't materialize in two years, and Amerks fans or organization hasn't shown the patience so far to build another strong relationship !

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 09:39 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
The comparison to Murphy is more accurate. Kilger simply flat out wouldn't play for the Panthers, he didn't fake an injury or anything. And Bitz probably isn't faking, either. A guy as on the borderline as he is for even being in the NHL at all sure as hell wouldn't sit out a season if he didn't have to.
That is inaccurate!!!! ...well he didn't fake an injury, but there was an incident....had something to do with a certain body part of his from what I heard!

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Boooooth10

Just got back from the morning skate today. Some quick notes:

-Stillman was skating with Reasoner and Dvo. I think he's ready to play for tomorrow.
-Vokoun looked really frustrated. There was a moment where he started smashing his stick against the boards and ice.
-Skille looks good.
-McCabe was practicing with the team wearing a face shield.

Boooooth10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:36 AM
Shockley
Go Cats Go!

vCash: 498
Quote:

-Stillman was skating with Reasoner and Dvo. I think he's ready to play for tomorrow.
-Vokoun looked really frustrated. There was a moment where he started smashing his stick against the boards and ice.
-Skille looks good.
\

Nice to see Stillman*** and Mccabe Practicing!.... Anything on Kuli?

Last edited by Shockley: 02-12-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Shockley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:37 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post

-Skille looks good.
Mcabe may be the toughest hockey player we have had in a decade.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:48 AM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlaPanthers View Post
\

Nice to see DVO and Mccabe Practicing!.... Anything on Kuli?
He wasn't there so I don't know.

Old
02-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Erick

Quote:

-Skille looks good.
Why was Vokoun frustrated?

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Erick

Quote:
He wasn't there so I don't know.
GR already said that Kulikov is not playing, tomorrow.

Old
02-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Why was Vokoun frustrated?
He let in a couple of softies during the shooting drill.

Old
02-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Pantherfan12

I honestly think Vokoun, Stillman, McCabe, probably Dvorak and Reasoner are goners.The fact that they won't negotiate new contracts until the offseason just means they aren't interested in resigning them. Tallon doesn't seem like the J.Martin type to just let his talent walk after the end of the season for nothing, when he could either Lock em up or trade them for something. I think Tallon is negotiating trades for those players. I would like him to keep Dvo, Reasoner and Vokoun but I'm sure since I want them, he will trade them. I wouldnt mind McCabe staying as long as he's stripped of the "C" and doesn't take away a roster spot for Ellerby or Gudbranson

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Anod

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
You honestly think the Amerks are going to be worse next season? They just got shut out at home for the second straight game.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...ws|text|Sports
There are 5 teams worse than the Amerks, so yes it can get worse. I also feel like the amerks would be playing a lot better if it wasn't for the difficult situation the Amerks management put the team in. Could you imagine being a player or coach for a team that didn't support you? It's a volatile situation and I'm sure everybody will be glad when it's over.

Worst team in the league is the Flyers farm team, so just because a parent team has money doesn't guarantee success. I am willing to bet fans will be asking for Nolan to be fired in a years time.

Good luck next year.

Anod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 06:39 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Mcabe may be the toughest hockey player we have had in a decade.
BULLS**T~!

Gregory Campbell...and it ain't even close!!!! (maaaybe Zednik, but that was accidental.)

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
I honestly think Vokoun, Stillman, McCabe, probably Dvorak and Reasoner are goners.The fact that they won't negotiate new contracts until the offseason just means they aren't interested in resigning them. Tallon doesn't seem like the J.Martin type to just let his talent walk after the end of the season for nothing, when he could either Lock em up or trade them for something. I think Tallon is negotiating trades for those players. I would like him to keep Dvo, Reasoner and Vokoun but I'm sure since I want them, he will trade them. I wouldnt mind McCabe staying as long as he's stripped of the "C" and doesn't take away a roster spot for Ellerby or Gudbranson
I actually don't get that at all from that news. I think they don't want to have the guys all wondering who is going to be moved, and who they're talking contracts with would be telling. Iow, if Caber hears they're talking to Vokoun and not him, it could affect his play. Seems they want everyone out there pushing to stay with the team, though, I do think they know who they're going to try to move.

02-13-2011, 08:02 AM
Pantherfan12

Well I only said that because I read in the SunSentinel and Miami Herald a few weeks ago that the Panthers wanted to resign Vokoun and then last week vokoun's agent came out and said they'd like to resign here but they are waiting for the organization to respond. So, if those two are true then why wait to resign him unless your planning on moving him? it doesn't make sense.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Erick

It seems like they're content in letting the UFA's walk, if that ends up being the worst case scenario. Seems like Tallon, Santos and company could care less about most of these upcoming UFA's that they didn't bring in, in the first place.

They haven't ruled out extensions with the RFA's.
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...tinel+Blogs%29

Old
02-14-2011, 07:43 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
It seems like they're content in letting the UFA's walk, if that ends up being the worst case scenario. Seems like Tallon, Santos and company could care less about most of these upcoming UFA's that they didn't bring in, in the first place.

They haven't ruled out extensions with the RFA's.
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...tinel+Blogs%29
We're spending just under 20M on players that will be UFA this offseason, so we'll have a TON of money to spend if we don't resign any of them. Even if we sign a few, we'll still have a lot of money left over. Resigning the RFA's probably won't cost that much more either as only Santorelli, Ellerby, and Matthias will get significant raises.

Regardless, this will be Tallon's team next year. He won't be locked into spending money on the wrong players and he will have the resources to spend on whoever he wants.

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote