HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs could be interested in Phillips and Kaberle(Per Lebrun)

Old
02-11-2011, 04:45 PM
Forsead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
I don't doubt this one bit. No doubt in my mind Habs are trying to move him.
look at this be a minor swap between ahlers.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 04:53 PM
shutehinside

I can't think of a player on their team who they'd want to trade AK for. At least no one I'd want in return, imo.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Fisher For Selke

Phillips to Montreal

hey guys sens fan here in peace. just wondering what the habs would be willing to trade in exchange for phillips, seeing as he's rumoured to be heading there potentially. something around phillips and pouliot perhaps? discuss.

Fisher For Selke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Pouliot is a piece that's fitting in nicely with our team. He's got size, speed, and skill.

From my standpoint I'd offer Maxwell + a pick.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 09:49 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher For Selke View Post
hey guys sens fan here in peace. just wondering what the habs would be willing to trade in exchange for phillips, seeing as he's rumoured to be heading there potentially. something around phillips and pouliot perhaps? discuss.
I'm not sure what PG would give for Phillips but it's not Pouliot.....well I hope not.
For Phillips( I'm terrible at this) I would give....Maxwell and a conditional pick.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 09:55 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Maxwell/Palushaj + 4th (if he signs next year)
Pouliot.. yea right.... Don't disappoint me, Gauthier

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:00 PM
JayBee*

if Pouillot's traded for a rental....I'll be disgusted.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:01 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

I think I'd take Brewer over Phillips

But Phillips would be nice

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:05 PM
NHLfan

Players needed

This summer the Habs should have traded for Dustin Byflieflugien. Gauthier missed an opportunity. Now, the move is to get Dustin Penner. Try for Robin Regeghr. Get a a 6`3-6`4 player who hits and would be useful. Boris Valatik would be a good prospect. Not expensive.

NHLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:29 PM
Hugo Sham

Garrioch should stop drinking if he believes Gauthier will trade pacioretty for Phillips
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../17246971.html

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Giontatas

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLfan View Post
This summer the Habs should have traded for Dustin Byflieflugien. Gauthier missed an opportunity. Now, the move is to get Dustin Penner. Try for Robin Regeghr. Get a a 6`3-6`4 player who hits and would be useful. Boris Valatik would be a good prospect. Not expensive.

Byfuglien, Regher, and Valabik.

Least you got Penner right.

Giontatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Garrioch should stop drinking if he believes Gauthier will trade pacioretty for Phillips
where does he come up with this garbage

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:43 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Pacioretty better not be traded unless it is for serious overpayment. We finally have some good young players in the system you can't keep trading them away.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:55 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Sure... MaxPac for Philips... and their first round pick !

What an idiot... he'll have to settle for Maxwell.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Roulin

I'm no Garrioch fan, but to be fair, he wrote:

Quote:
If the Senators make a trade with Montreal, Ottawa would like to acquire forward Max Pacioretty as part of the deal.
...which I'm sure is true. Later in the article:

Quote:
So, what can Murray expect to get in a trade?

“You’re probably talking about draft picks,” a league executive said before the Fisher deal was made. “I’d try to get a player for Phillips just because he’s been with the franchise for so long, but people shouldn’t expect a lot back.”

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Habskrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Maxwell/Palushaj + 4th (if he signs next year)
Pouliot.. yea right.... Don't disappoint me, Gauthier
I understand you have to give something of value back, but I thought Palushaj was really good from all the comments made and what I saw in preseason. I duno if I would want to give him :S.

Habskrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 07:58 AM
HomaridII

I didn't want to create a new thread ... here is a list from SI of players who could be dealt:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp

Amongst them is Forsberg.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 08:05 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
I strongly disagree. The fact that we can't control the puck in the offensive zone and put it in the opposing net, combined with the physical dominance by other teams over our smaller forwards is a bigger concern than our defense. Of course, I'm saying that under to assumption that Gill is okay and won't miss time.

As far as work ethics, you may be right. With the exception that Penner is better defensively and produces on a more consistent basis.
Penner is also a lot softer than AK. Put AK with a team that has an enforcer and he will blow up some d-men, that guys is very strong on skates...just ask Milan Lucy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLfan View Post
Other than size, Byfuglien and Penner have nothing in common.

Byfuglien cost a ton and he is one of the most overrated players in the NHL right now. He had a ton of points on the PP early on but has like 2 points since Christmas and he is horrible defensively. At a reasonable price he would have been a good addition but would have basically cost us Tinordi and LeBlanc.

We can try for Regehr but I don't see Calgary trading him unless they lose 5-6 straight games.

Valabik is Alex Henry...

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=76915

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=31869

If he was that good somebody would have plucked him off waivers.

Quote:
Where did he say Gauthier would trade Pacioretty?

You need to learn how to read...he said OTTAWA WOULD LIKE TO ACQUIRE MAX PACIORETTY, not "Montreal would like to trade Pacioretty". I don't see him moved period, but definitely not in a deal to Ottawa or for a rental.

If Pacioretty was to go anywhere it would only be if we are getting a non-rental frontline player. I think for Bogosian it makes sense value wise but not in terms of the Habs roster(some good young d-men here and on the way) and needs(big and skilled forwards). Maybe if Anaheim wanted to move Ryan or Neal in Dallas, something like that.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 08:44 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Where did he say Gauthier would trade Pacioretty?

You need to learn how to read...he said OTTAWA WOULD LIKE TO ACQUIRE MAX PACIORETTY, not "Montreal would like to trade Pacioretty". I don't see him moved period, but definitely not in a deal to Ottawa or for a rental.
What's the problem with what he wrote... he's saying basically that it's mad to think that Gauthier will trade Pacioretty in a Philips trade. There's absolutely no problem with what he wrote... you should read more carefully also.

Ottawa would like to get Pacioretty... but in no way will Gauthier trade him except for a franchise player.

Garrioch can express his desire, but it's stupid to even think about it... it's like saying "let's trade Gomez, St-Louis needs offence and Backes brings size... he's definitely a player I would target." How do you think St-Louis fans would react... laughing their ass off, that's how.

Old
02-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
What's the problem with what he wrote... he's saying basically that it's mad to think that Gauthier will trade Pacioretty in a Philips trade. There's absolutely no problem with what he wrote... you should read more carefully also.

Ottawa would like to get Pacioretty... but in no way will Gauthier trade him except for a franchise player.

Garrioch can express his desire, but it's stupid to even think about it... it's like saying "let's trade Gomez, St-Louis needs offence and Backes brings size... he's definitely a player I would target." How do you think St-Louis fans would react... laughing their ass off, that's how.
I don't see what is ridiculous with saying Ottawa is interested in somehow getting Pacioretty. I don't see it happening with Ottawa but nothing wrong with Murray dangling Neil, Phillips plus maybe a pick(Nashville 1st?) to try and get him.

Old
02-12-2011, 10:17 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous with saying Ottawa is interested in somehow getting Pacioretty. I don't see it happening with Ottawa but nothing wrong with Murray dangling Neil, Phillips plus maybe a pick(Nashville 1st?) to try and get him.
You would trade Pacioretty for this package ?

I know I wouldn't... (no that it's not fair value, but Pacioretty is the kind of player we NEED more of)

Old
02-12-2011, 10:36 AM
otto bond

Quote:

I know I wouldn't... (no that it's not fair value, but Pacioretty is the kind of player we NEED more of)
I agree....beside Max has made big step and showing a nice touch around the net. Everyone here value 1st rounder way to much and if it pays off, it's usely 2-5 years down the road. Making a trade like this is like taking a risk and many step back.

Old
02-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

I'm not saying I would...but if I was Murray and PG came calling I'd definitely ask for Pacioretty or Eller or Subban or Weber...not saying I;d get a ny of them...but I'd try...

Old
02-12-2011, 10:52 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I agree....beside Max has made big step and showing a nice touch around the net. Everyone here value 1st rounder way to much and if it pays off, it's usely 2-5 years down the road. Making a trade like this is like taking a risk and many step back.
Well, if it was their first rounder, I'd trade MaxPac

Old
02-12-2011, 11:07 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Well, if it was their first rounder, I'd trade MaxPac
I'm not sure if I would do this. According to some, the top 5 is a wild card and the rest is a deep draft. Would you pick Couturier?