HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs could be interested in Phillips and Kaberle(Per Lebrun)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-11-2011, 04:45 PM
  #476
Forsead
Registered User
 
Forsead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Québec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
I don't doubt this one bit. No doubt in my mind Habs are trying to move him.
look at this be a minor swap between ahlers.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 04:53 PM
  #477
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,296
vCash: 500
I can't think of a player on their team who they'd want to trade AK for. At least no one I'd want in return, imo.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 09:40 PM
  #478
Fisher For Selke
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Phillips to Montreal

hey guys sens fan here in peace. just wondering what the habs would be willing to trade in exchange for phillips, seeing as he's rumoured to be heading there potentially. something around phillips and pouliot perhaps? discuss.

Fisher For Selke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 09:47 PM
  #479
Analyzer*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,999
vCash: 50
Pouliot is a piece that's fitting in nicely with our team. He's got size, speed, and skill.

From my standpoint I'd offer Maxwell + a pick.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 09:49 PM
  #480
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher For Selke View Post
hey guys sens fan here in peace. just wondering what the habs would be willing to trade in exchange for phillips, seeing as he's rumoured to be heading there potentially. something around phillips and pouliot perhaps? discuss.
I'm not sure what PG would give for Phillips but it's not Pouliot.....well I hope not.
For Phillips( I'm terrible at this) I would give....Maxwell and a conditional pick.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 09:55 PM
  #481
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,366
vCash: 500
Maxwell/Palushaj + 4th (if he signs next year)
Pouliot.. yea right.... Don't disappoint me, Gauthier

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:00 PM
  #482
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
if Pouillot's traded for a rental....I'll be disgusted.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:01 PM
  #483
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
I think I'd take Brewer over Phillips

But Phillips would be nice

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:05 PM
  #484
NHLfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
Players needed

This summer the Habs should have traded for Dustin Byflieflugien. Gauthier missed an opportunity. Now, the move is to get Dustin Penner. Try for Robin Regeghr. Get a a 6`3-6`4 player who hits and would be useful. Boris Valatik would be a good prospect. Not expensive.

NHLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:29 PM
  #485
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,801
vCash: 500
Garrioch should stop drinking if he believes Gauthier will trade pacioretty for Phillips
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../17246971.html

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:37 PM
  #486
Giontatas
Registered User
 
Giontatas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLfan View Post
This summer the Habs should have traded for Dustin Byflieflugien. Gauthier missed an opportunity. Now, the move is to get Dustin Penner. Try for Robin Regeghr. Get a a 6`3-6`4 player who hits and would be useful. Boris Valatik would be a good prospect. Not expensive.


Byfuglien, Regher, and Valabik.

Least you got Penner right.

Giontatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:42 PM
  #487
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Garrioch should stop drinking if he believes Gauthier will trade pacioretty for Phillips
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../17246971.html
where does he come up with this garbage

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:43 PM
  #488
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Garrioch should stop drinking if he believes Gauthier will trade pacioretty for Phillips
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../17246971.html
Pacioretty better not be traded unless it is for serious overpayment. We finally have some good young players in the system you can't keep trading them away.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 10:55 PM
  #489
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Garrioch should stop drinking if he believes Gauthier will trade pacioretty for Phillips
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../17246971.html
Sure... MaxPac for Philips... and their first round pick !

What an idiot... he'll have to settle for Maxwell.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 11:23 PM
  #490
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
I'm no Garrioch fan, but to be fair, he wrote:

Quote:
If the Senators make a trade with Montreal, Ottawa would like to acquire forward Max Pacioretty as part of the deal.
...which I'm sure is true. Later in the article:

Quote:
So, what can Murray expect to get in a trade?

“You’re probably talking about draft picks,” a league executive said before the Fisher deal was made. “I’d try to get a player for Phillips just because he’s been with the franchise for so long, but people shouldn’t expect a lot back.”

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 11:29 PM
  #491
Habskrieg
Registered User
 
Habskrieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Maxwell/Palushaj + 4th (if he signs next year)
Pouliot.. yea right.... Don't disappoint me, Gauthier
I understand you have to give something of value back, but I thought Palushaj was really good from all the comments made and what I saw in preseason. I duno if I would want to give him :S.

Habskrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 07:58 AM
  #492
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,838
vCash: 500
I didn't want to create a new thread ... here is a list from SI of players who could be dealt:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp

Amongst them is Forsberg.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 08:05 AM
  #493
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
I strongly disagree. The fact that we can't control the puck in the offensive zone and put it in the opposing net, combined with the physical dominance by other teams over our smaller forwards is a bigger concern than our defense. Of course, I'm saying that under to assumption that Gill is okay and won't miss time.


As far as work ethics, you may be right. With the exception that Penner is better defensively and produces on a more consistent basis.
Penner is also a lot softer than AK. Put AK with a team that has an enforcer and he will blow up some d-men, that guys is very strong on skates...just ask Milan Lucy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLfan View Post
This summer the Habs should have traded for Dustin Byflieflugien. Gauthier missed an opportunity. Now, the move is to get Dustin Penner. Try for Robin Regeghr. Get a a 6`3-6`4 player who hits and would be useful. Boris Valatik would be a good prospect. Not expensive.
Other than size, Byfuglien and Penner have nothing in common.

Byfuglien cost a ton and he is one of the most overrated players in the NHL right now. He had a ton of points on the PP early on but has like 2 points since Christmas and he is horrible defensively. At a reasonable price he would have been a good addition but would have basically cost us Tinordi and LeBlanc.

We can try for Regehr but I don't see Calgary trading him unless they lose 5-6 straight games.

Valabik is Alex Henry...

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=76915

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=31869

If he was that good somebody would have plucked him off waivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Garrioch should stop drinking if he believes Gauthier will trade pacioretty for Phillips
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../17246971.html
Where did he say Gauthier would trade Pacioretty?

You need to learn how to read...he said OTTAWA WOULD LIKE TO ACQUIRE MAX PACIORETTY, not "Montreal would like to trade Pacioretty". I don't see him moved period, but definitely not in a deal to Ottawa or for a rental.

If Pacioretty was to go anywhere it would only be if we are getting a non-rental frontline player. I think for Bogosian it makes sense value wise but not in terms of the Habs roster(some good young d-men here and on the way) and needs(big and skilled forwards). Maybe if Anaheim wanted to move Ryan or Neal in Dallas, something like that.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 08:44 AM
  #494
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Where did he say Gauthier would trade Pacioretty?

You need to learn how to read...he said OTTAWA WOULD LIKE TO ACQUIRE MAX PACIORETTY, not "Montreal would like to trade Pacioretty". I don't see him moved period, but definitely not in a deal to Ottawa or for a rental.
What's the problem with what he wrote... he's saying basically that it's mad to think that Gauthier will trade Pacioretty in a Philips trade. There's absolutely no problem with what he wrote... you should read more carefully also.

Ottawa would like to get Pacioretty... but in no way will Gauthier trade him except for a franchise player.

Garrioch can express his desire, but it's stupid to even think about it... it's like saying "let's trade Gomez, St-Louis needs offence and Backes brings size... he's definitely a player I would target." How do you think St-Louis fans would react... laughing their ass off, that's how.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:14 AM
  #495
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
What's the problem with what he wrote... he's saying basically that it's mad to think that Gauthier will trade Pacioretty in a Philips trade. There's absolutely no problem with what he wrote... you should read more carefully also.

Ottawa would like to get Pacioretty... but in no way will Gauthier trade him except for a franchise player.

Garrioch can express his desire, but it's stupid to even think about it... it's like saying "let's trade Gomez, St-Louis needs offence and Backes brings size... he's definitely a player I would target." How do you think St-Louis fans would react... laughing their ass off, that's how.
I don't see what is ridiculous with saying Ottawa is interested in somehow getting Pacioretty. I don't see it happening with Ottawa but nothing wrong with Murray dangling Neil, Phillips plus maybe a pick(Nashville 1st?) to try and get him.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:17 AM
  #496
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous with saying Ottawa is interested in somehow getting Pacioretty. I don't see it happening with Ottawa but nothing wrong with Murray dangling Neil, Phillips plus maybe a pick(Nashville 1st?) to try and get him.
You would trade Pacioretty for this package ?

I know I wouldn't... (no that it's not fair value, but Pacioretty is the kind of player we NEED more of)

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:36 AM
  #497
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
You would trade Pacioretty for this package ?

I know I wouldn't... (no that it's not fair value, but Pacioretty is the kind of player we NEED more of)
I agree....beside Max has made big step and showing a nice touch around the net. Everyone here value 1st rounder way to much and if it pays off, it's usely 2-5 years down the road. Making a trade like this is like taking a risk and many step back.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:52 AM
  #498
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
You would trade Pacioretty for this package ?

I know I wouldn't... (no that it's not fair value, but Pacioretty is the kind of player we NEED more of)
I'm not saying I would...but if I was Murray and PG came calling I'd definitely ask for Pacioretty or Eller or Subban or Weber...not saying I;d get a ny of them...but I'd try...

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:52 AM
  #499
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I agree....beside Max has made big step and showing a nice touch around the net. Everyone here value 1st rounder way to much and if it pays off, it's usely 2-5 years down the road. Making a trade like this is like taking a risk and many step back.
Well, if it was their first rounder, I'd trade MaxPac

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:07 AM
  #500
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Well, if it was their first rounder, I'd trade MaxPac
I'm not sure if I would do this. According to some, the top 5 is a wild card and the rest is a deep draft. Would you pick Couturier?

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.