HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #57 @ Atlanta Thrashers

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #57 @ Atlanta Thrashers
Ryan Callahan 0 0%
Brandon Dubinsky 10 14.93%
Marian Gaborik 19 28.36%
Dan Girardi 2 2.99%
Henrik Lundqvist 15 22.39%
Ryan McDonagh 14 20.90%
Vaclav Propsal 2 2.99%
Michael Sauer 1 1.49%
Marc Staal 3 4.48%
Wojtek Wolski 0 0%
Other 1 1.49%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-12-2011, 09:06 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
he hasnt been playing that well. hes young and still adapting.
F that...there's no place for patience here...it's not like this is a transition year or anything.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

I tell you, updating 5 newspapers and 20+ blogs worth of Rangers commentary during a 6-game losing streak is really depressing.

Front page updated.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 09:38 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I just don't like Del Zotto. I've been watching hockey my whole life, I know a thing or two about the game, and I don't think he's a great player. Because my opinion on a player differs from yours, it makes me spoiled and a moron? That's rather pompous and arrogant if you ask me.

And you should just stop bringing up the Yankees because you obviously don't know **** about baseball. 5 or 6 core players is all you need. The rest are mercenaries. This is how it works in all sports. The Yankees have never won a title without 5 or 6 great core players. The Rangers have never had 5 or 6 great core players on one team. Anyone who thinks the Yankees ransom the championship with their money knows absolutely nothing about baseball. Furthermore, the NHL has only been capped for six years out of a nearly 90 year history. You still failed to explain to me why the Rangers didn't win 26 championships prior to 2006 like the Yankees did.

Noone disagree with this model citizen, it makes you a spoiled moron.

The Yankees made one major trade and one major signing that turned their fortunes around -- O'Neil for Kelly and Jimmy Key.

The Rangers need that kind of luck.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Placid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
I tell you, updating 5 newspapers and 20+ blogs worth of Rangers commentary during a 6-game losing streak is really depressing.

Front page updated.
Ouch, i can imagine

Great work though, thanx for sticking with it

Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Loffen
Legend

The last time we lost 6 in a row was in December of 2006. We didn't even lose that many last season when we really sucked ass. Ouch.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:29 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Its nuts. Where the **** did this streak come from?

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Bardof425*

McD, Gabby, Dubi and Staal played really well. Prospal is not quick enough to play with Gabby at this point. Torts is the Redden for continuing to play Boyle and Prust more than Steps, Zucc and Wolski. That line is the most consistent line we have and Steps played less than 9 minutes. Are you kidding me? And although MdZ has a bright future he is struggling too much right now and should be sent down for the rest of this season. We can revisit in Sept. Not sure what the plan is there.

This isn't surprising. The roster is too young on D (but will improve) and the forwards have little finishing talent. Do not panic; do not rent any players. Just chalk this episode up as valuable experience for the kids and let the season play out. If we miss the playoffs we get a better pick which is pretty valuable.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
yea its painfull, if they lose Sunday I dont want to see the standings come next Thursday when Carolina, Buffalo play some games in hand

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:56 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Your welcome for the win Sunday. I'm not sure if the Pens will be able to ice a team Sunday

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
Rangers are 4-9-1 since trading Rosival.. lol
The defense is better since he left. So F-him. We are losing because the schedule got harder and the season got shorter which means the competition has started working hard every night, removing the effort advantage we had most of the year. Stop with Rozi already. He sucks and will retire in two years after Phoenix gets tired of his act.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:59 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
Your welcome for the win Sunday. I'm not sure if the Pens will be able to ice a team Sunday
Nice payback for Dippy.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:04 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
The last time we lost 6 in a row was in December of 2006. We didn't even lose that many last season when we really sucked ass. Ouch.
and we made the playoffs 6th seed, only to get swept in 4 games by the Devils

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:16 PM
LannyMcdonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
I feel like I am a Leafs fan.
This. Watching this team feels just like growing up in TO watching the Leafs in the 80s.

Wish I had something better to say for a first post. Other possible topics:

- siding with the Avery fans who see that he's effective when he gets ice time. When his game is on, everyone's is on... been like that for 2 seasons now.

- thinking that Gabby starting to pick up assists is a sign that he hears Torts, is moving the puck... hope this is the quiet beginning of his breakout... not going to scream every time he doesn't score in a game

- prefer patience to some of the theatrics around here, but definitely losing patience for DZ... costing us games

- for some reason I like EC, even with all the inconsistency... those flashes of brilliance... just wish he'd show up more often

- like the current line combos, wondering why W2-Step-MZA has gone cold

LannyMcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:29 PM
LannyMcdonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger View Post
Just a quick question I've been asking for about 15 years. When are the Ranger D men going to learn how to defend a 2 on 1? Wouldn't you rather have a winger take a shot from the hash marks than all alone in front? I guess hockey is different here.
Oh, this too. I spent the next five minutes shouting (to no-one in particular) "cover the pass, gdammit"

LannyMcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 02:17 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Could you guys not make so many trade proposals? I get that we've lost 6 games in a row, but it's not the end of the world. We're not the Isles, we didn't lose 20 out of 21. No need to panic, the team is coming along as expected by most people. Del Zotto won't be traded, so you can forget that. And neither will players such as Anisimov, Zuccarello, Staal, or Gaborik.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 03:12 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
and we made the playoffs 6th seed, only to get swept in 4 games by the Devils
That was the season before. The 06-07 season was when we lost to Buffalo in 6 in the 2nd round.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 04:12 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Rangers' overachieving catching up with them

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
If MDZ turns it around and becomes a quality defenseman,don't disappear or change your nickname or come back with a different name.

We have had so many people bash players like Staal and then they disappear. There was one guy who would only post to knock Staal. I tried looking for those threads but he must have deleted them.
I would never do that. I'm not here to let everyone know I was right, I'm just here to voice my opinion. If I bad mouth a Ranger, I'll be the first to eat crow, and eat it with joy, because above all else, it's good for the Rangers if I'm wrong about DZ, and that's all that matters. I wish Del Zotto the best and I'd rather be 1000% wrong about him. And I'm not one of those posters who just comes on to complain, it just looks that way cause we're like 2-10 since I joined. If things are going well, I'll praise the Rangers.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Surprised Gabby did not get more votes. He was by far the best player on the ice for the Rangers.

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote