HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

76ers' Basketball (NBA)

Old
02-12-2011, 02:11 AM
mm6492

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
They have over 11 million coming off the books this summer in Kapono and Songalia and another 6 million next summer in Nocioni. That's basically a max contract right there during the summer that Dwight Howard is a free agent. Who knows what the new CBA does, but that's still $17 million coming off. That doesn't include the smaller contracts that expire either, like Hawes, Battie, Meeks.
They are over the cap. When we signed Brand, he took up the cp. Then resining Iggy put us well over it.

I like that they are laying well, butt it kinda would've been better to stink for another year and add another young piece IMO.

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:20 AM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
They are over the cap. When we signed Brand, he took up the cp. Then resining Iggy put us well over it.

I like that they are laying well, butt it kinda would've been better to stink for another year and add another young piece IMO.
Hawes becomes a FA as well and it really wouldn't be that hard to move a Lou Williams to free up the space. They could have the cap room in 2012 if they want to.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 02:21 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
Hawes becomes a FA as well and it really wouldn't be that hard to move a Lou Williams to free up the space. They could have the cap room in 2012 if they want to.
I don't think losing Hawes and Lou gets us under the cap though. Brand and Iggy are the reasons why we're over it, and once they leave it also makes the team that much worse. Management has a lot of work to do and almost no room to make mistakes.

zarley zelepukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin View Post
I don't think losing Hawes and Lou gets us under the cap though. Brand and Iggy are the reasons why we're over it, and once they leave it also makes the team that much worse. Management has a lot of work to do and almost no room to make mistakes.
Yes it does we are only 7 mil into the hard cap. Williams is making 6 mil a year and Hawes is getting paid 4 mil I want to say.

Start Leighton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Flyers93

Didn't get to see the game, but always great to see them beat a team as good as the Spurs are. Sixers have a 17-9 home record, so if they can steal a road game in the playoffs, they can set themselves up nicely for a first round upset hopefully.

Hopefully they don't lay out a stinker against a bad team in Minny tonight.

Flyers93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 04:18 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
If we manage to use that space to sign a superstar, that means we already have Holiday playing at near an all-star level (else the superstar wouldn't sign). Those are two pretty attractive pieces to use to convince Iggy and Brand to come back.

Old
02-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
If we manage to use that space to sign a superstar, that means we already have Holiday playing at near an all-star level (else the superstar wouldn't sign). Those are two pretty attractive pieces to use to convince Iggy and Brand to come back.
The thing is until Iggy or Brand get unloaded we don't have room to sign a star. Lou Williams and Hawes get us out of the hard cap. You can only use the hard cap room to resign your players. The soft cap you can use to sign anybody. We would only have about 2 mil in the soft cap to spend.

Old
02-12-2011, 05:02 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
The thing is until Iggy or Brand get unloaded we don't have room to sign a star. Lou Williams and Hawes get us out of the hard cap. You can only use the hard cap room to resign your players. The soft cap you can use to sign anybody. We would only have about 2 mil in the soft cap to spend.
As I outlined earlier, the other space comes from Songaila, Kapono, and Nocioni. Beyond that, the sign-and-trade option makes the cap kind of moot anyway.

Old
02-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
As I outlined earlier, the other space comes from Songaila, Kapono, and Nocioni. Beyond that, the sign-and-trade option makes the cap kind of moot anyway.
If they play it smart with those contracts they can make it work. But Young needs a new contract and so does Speights. I think the best option is to trade Iguodala. He gets payed like a star but obviously doesn't play like one. The drop off from him to Young isn't that bad. Also if you clear his contract you can go out and get the star we need and another quality player.

Old
02-12-2011, 05:37 PM
mm6492

I would attempt to unload Iggy, and Brand if possible. Yes, it makes the team worse, but sets them up so much better in the long run to eventually hopefully win a championship. Give the keys to the team to holliday for now and hope Turner starts to pick it up more next year.

Its kinda like you have to take 2 or3 steps back to take 5 or 6 forward.

Old
02-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
I would attempt to unload Iggy, and Brand if possible. Yes, it makes the team worse, but sets them up so much better in the long run to eventually hopefully win a championship. Give the keys to the team to holliday for now and hope Turner starts to pick it up more next year.

Its kinda like you have to take 2 or3 steps back to take 5 or 6 forward.
We are stuck with Brand nobody would trade for him unless they are unloading a horrible contract in return and you will not get the same production in return. Iggy on the other hand could be traded for some draft picks or young players.

Old
02-12-2011, 06:33 PM
mm6492

Quote:
We are stuck with Brand nobody would trade for him unless they are unloading a horrible contract in return and you will not get the same production in return. Iggy on the other hand could be traded for some draft picks or young players.
The thing with Brand is you can try to unload him for a crap contract that ends a year earlier.

However, if eh stays healthy and keeps up good play, you might get lucky and someone grabs him. A team like the Cavs last year who will do whatever and go way over the cap to try to keep a superstar happy.

Extremely hopeful on my part, but I can wish.

Old
02-12-2011, 07:23 PM
Justified
Amaro out

im optimistic about this team, I think Igoudala wont be on the team whenever the next season is. Hopefully Evan Turner can continue to improve. From what I see he has looked better than in beginning of the season. I like Young and Speights also.

Justified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Start Leighton*

Good win. Another great game by Thad Young. Young is like 9th in FG% in the league. 7 players in double figures including all 5 starters.

Old
02-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Justified
Amaro out

yeah it was good game for them. almost to .500. They could be .500 by the asb with wins at memphis and houston.

Old
02-12-2011, 10:43 PM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

Good to see them keep playing good! Hopefully they can keep this up and start selling out games, I hate the fact that they dont sell out

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:46 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 70
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Wow they won again?

I've actually been putting games on tv if there isn't anything else on. This is the first time I've done that in 10 years. They are definitely fun to watch. And Doug Collins is awesome.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:23 AM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Apparently there are rumors that we're shopping around Thaddeus. According to these rumors, we're looking for a mid 1st round pick or a Center.

I got this from Liberty Ballers, so IDK the reliability.

Brock Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:39 AM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Axel View Post
Apparently there are rumors that we're shopping around Thaddeus. According to these rumors, we're looking for a mid 1st round pick or a Center.

I got this from Liberty Ballers, so IDK the reliability.
If he gets traded I am going to be pissed. He gives the team more than Iggy does and Iggy could get more in a trade.

Old
02-13-2011, 02:39 AM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
If he gets traded I am going to be pissed. He gives the team more than Iggy does and Iggy could get more in a trade.
I don't see how he gives the team more than Iggy. Dre is a better defender and playmaker. Thad is having a great year and I like what he brings, but Iguodala is the better player. That said, I'd look to trade Iguodala too. It'll be tough for the team to bring in a star player as long as his contract is on the books.

zarley zelepukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:41 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
I don't see how he gives the team more than Iggy. Dre is a better defender and playmaker. Thad is having a great year and I like what he brings, but Iguodala is the better player. That said, I'd look to trade Iguodala too. It'll be tough for the team to bring in a star player as long as his contract is on the books.
Iggy isn't that much better of a defender than Young. Iggy is a great defender but Young plays great defense too. If Young got the minutes that Iguodala did he would be out scoring and out rebounding him. Iguodala is a better play maker but this team has other play makers Holiday and Turner being the main ones. Young's FG% is .539 and has a career % of .503 Iguodala has a .455 FG % and a career of .463.

I just think it would make more sense to keep Young over Iguodala. Young will not get a huge contract like him and Iggy would get you more in a trade.

Old
02-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Justified
Amaro out

I like Young better than Igoudala, plus he is cheaper and younger. They already have another player similar to them in Turner so thats why Igoudala needs to go.

Old
02-13-2011, 02:44 PM
mm6492

Thad Young for a mid-1st? Thats just stupid....

Old
02-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Flyers93

Hopefully they can win these next 2 before the break and get themselves to .500 on the season. Set them up nicely for the stretch run.

Flyers93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:32 AM
KevinLin

Thad will get somewhere between 8-10 million a year in his next contract. I dont want the sixers to do that. So I am okay with trading him. He doesnt really offer more than Iguodala. He offers more scoring. But his defense, ballhandling, and ability to play the 2 arent there. If you can trade him for a legit center, you do it. I want Nene.

KevinLin is offline   Reply With Quote