HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Yandle to Boston

Old
02-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

vCash: 500
Phoenix's defense of the future

Yandel- OEL
Goncharov- Gormley

That is just amazing. WOW

Finlandia WOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 03:00 PM
ducky

Doofydoof, are you saying you wouldn't trade Lucic or Rask straight up for Yandle?

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 03:02 PM
LucicTrain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
Doofydoof, are you saying you wouldn't trade Lucic or Rask straight up for Yandle?
i'd trade Rask straight up not Lucic though.

LucicTrain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 03:04 PM
ducky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton 2nd Pick View Post
Phoenix's defense of the future

Yandel- OEL
Goncharov- Gormley

That is just amazing. WOW

We also have Sami Lepisto, David Schlemko, Chris Summers and Mike Stone.

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Bob Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticRiver View Post
?

Bob Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 03:08 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinster View Post
I like Yandle , but if this thread is any indication of something, its Yandle is becoming the most overrated player with proposal see in this thread
He's the highest scoring defenseman in the NHL, he's more than solid defensively, he plays with fire, he a natural born leader, and he's twenty four years old. I'm sure you remember the King's ransom you were paid for the soft, one-dimmensional crybaby Kessel.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
So you are saying that if Phoenix called and said they would give you Yandel for Luccic straight up, you would not do it?

Old
doofydoofer08*

Doofydoof, are you saying you wouldn't trade Lucic or Rask straight up for Yandle

there is 0% chance i would trade lucic for yandle
as for rask idk if you know but the bruins only have rask after thomas so no i would not trade rask for yandle unless the bruins some how got another young goalie with some up side

doofydoofer08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
We also have Sami Lepisto, David Schlemko, Chris Summers and Mike Stone.

All we have is McBain, who is looking like next year's Yandel (moderate stretch thought), but that's it.

Our nearest d prospect is Justin Faulk.

Old
02-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doofydoofer08 View Post
Doofydoof, are you saying you wouldn't trade Lucic or Rask straight up for Yandle

there is 0% chance i would trade lucic for yandle
as for rask idk if you know but the bruins only have rask after thomas so no i would not trade rask for yandle unless the bruins some how got another young goalie with some up side
Yandel makes your d core ten times better...

And you have a logjam of top 9 forwards, all eagerly waiting to replace Luccic.

Colboune, Seguin, Caron, etc.

Old
02-12-2011, 03:15 PM
LucicTrain*

Quote:
So you are saying that if Phoenix called and said they would give you Yandel for Luccic straight up, you would not do it?
nope. i love Lucic. he's game changer that doesnt even have to show up on the stat sheet to be the most effective player on the ice. 22 year old power forward's who are physical beasts with 30+ goal touch dont come around everyday. trust me id love to have Yandle and he's a great player, i layed out a more than fair offer for him early in this thread, but Lucic is more valuable to Boston than Yandle is. he's one of their leaders and a future captain of the Bruins. opposing teams fear him, he's very tough to play against. a rare blend of size, strength and skill in today's NHL. i would only give him up for a handful of players in the NHL and Yandle is not one of them. again please dont take this as a knock on Yandle.

LucicTrain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
nope. i love Lucic. he's game changer that doesnt even have to show up on the stat sheet to be the most effective player on the ice. 22 year old power forward's who are physical beasts with 30+ goal touch dont come around everyday. trust me id love to have Yandle and he's a great player, i layed out a more than fair offer for him early in this thread, but Lucic is more valuable to Boston than Yandle is. he's one of their leaders and a future captain of the Bruins. opposing teams fear him, he's very tough to play against. a rare blend of size, strength and skill in today's NHL. i would only give him up for a handful of players in the NHL and Yandle is not one of them. again please dont take this as a knock on Yandle.
There is a serious case for Yandle as the best defenseman this year.

Lucic is, at best, a top 20 forward. And, IMO, that is being generous.

If you got Yandle for Lucic, then you become Cup contenders. Chara- Yandle becomes one of the best d pairings in the League.

Not only that, but Lucic has never scored 30 goals in a regular season in the NHL. In fact, Yandle is ahead of him in the points department!!

I respect what you are saying, but I really cannot see a valid argument for not trading Lucic for Yandle.

Old
02-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Bruins1993

Some of these trade ideas are so bad for boston...

To Boston: Yandle

To Phoenix: Toronto's first(or bostons first and a second) and Mark stuart and Ference

Bruins1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 03:37 PM
almostawake

Quote:

If you got Yandle for Lucic, then you become Cup contenders. Chara- Yandle becomes one of the best d pairings in the League.

Not only that, but Lucic has never scored 30 goals in a regular season in the NHL. In fact, Yandle is ahead of him in the points department!!

I respect what you are saying, but I really cannot see a valid argument for not trading Lucic for Yandle.
The problem is basically this, if the Bruins trade Lucic they are completely and utterly irrelevant in Boston until they win a Stanley Cup.

Winning is important but the Bruins, as a franchise, have to be concerned with more than that.

Trading Lucic, the hockey player, for Yandle would be ridiculously in favor of the Bruins.

Trading Lucic the marketing tool would be awful. At this point in time it could almost be as damaging to the franchise as the Thornton trade was.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 03:42 PM
doofydoofer08*

The problem is basically this, if the Bruins trade Lucic they are completely and utterly irrelevant in Boston until they win a Stanley Cup.

Winning is important but the Bruins, as a franchise, have to be concerned with more than that.

Trading Lucic, the hockey player, for Yandle would be ridiculously in favor of the Bruins.

Trading Lucic the marketing tool would be awful. At this point in time it could almost be as damaging to the franchise as the Thornton trade was.

ummmm trading lucic for yandle is ridiculous for who??????? hahaha lucic is not just a marketing tool you complete homer i cant belive what i just read

Old
02-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post

I considered this, however, there is a point where pissing off the fans is worth it to get Keith Yandle for such an insane price. Of course, Phoenix would never consider this, so this will be my last post on the topic.

But the GM's job is to make his team better. Getting Yandle for Lucic makes the B's a LOT better. No one can deny this, and while I am sure many would be pissed off, having Yandle on the backend for a playoff run would probably end that.

Old
02-12-2011, 03:46 PM
almostawake

Quote:
ummmm trading lucic for yandle is ridiculous for who??????? hahaha lucic is not just a marketing tool you complete homer i cant belive what i just read
I really can't see what I said that was so homer?

Old
02-12-2011, 03:47 PM
doofydoofer08*

im sick of saying this to people yea there is a case for yandle for norris this year but it one year relax you would not get lucic back for him also why would we trade lucic for yandle when we can go out and get a cheaper player and not break up are young core????????????? you cant see a valid argument for trading lucic for yandle just like i dont see it the other way you would never get him back for yandle idk if your a yots fan but have you ever watched lucic and its not like he is old and is a hugh physical player who can score o yea and he is 22 i think my point was made

Old
02-12-2011, 03:49 PM
doofydoofer08*

I really can't see what I said that was so homer?

you basically just said lucic is a marketingtool and then said it would be one sided for the bruins if they did that trade which is just

Old
02-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:

Most people accept that Yandle>>>Lucic

And that has nothing to do with the fact that Yandle leads Lucic in points as a defensman....

Old
02-12-2011, 03:52 PM
doofydoofer08*

I considered this, however, there is a point where pissing off the fans is worth it to get Keith Yandle for such an insane price. Of course, Phoenix would never consider this, so this will be my last post on the topic.

But the GM's job is to make his team better. Getting Yandle for Lucic makes the B's a LOT better. No one can deny this, and while I am sure many would be pissed off, having Yandle on the backend for a playoff run would probably end that.

ummm noooo we lose are top lw for a d THE BRUINS DONT NEED A BIG NAME D PLEASE STOP we just need a cheap one perferable a ufa at the end of the year you people on here are nuts to think lucic will get traded

Old
02-12-2011, 03:53 PM
doofydoofer08*

Most people accept that Yandle>>>Lucic
And that has nothing to do with the fact that Yandle leads Lucic in points as a defensman....

who is most people????? you if you can honstley tell me for the next 10 years you would rather have yandle then all i can say is wow you guys are placing way to much value on yandle

Old
02-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:

im sick of saying this to people yea there is a case for yandle for norris this year but it one year relax you would not get lucic back for him also why would we trade lucic for yandle when we can go out and get a cheaper player and not break up are young core????????????? you cant see a valid argument for trading lucic for yandle just like i dont see it the other way you would never get him back for yandle idk if your a yots fan but have you ever watched lucic and its not like he is old and is a hugh physical player who can score o yea and he is 22 i think my point was made
A cheaper FA on the level that Yandle is on?

Who?

And what point? Other than you have a massive love for Lucic?

Old
02-12-2011, 03:56 PM
almostawake

Quote:

Fair enough, but my point is that in Boston, a place with the history of the Thornton trade. A city where the Celtics are favored to go to the finals, the Sox consistently make the playoffs, and the Pats are at the tail end of a dynasty. And honestly, the Celtics and the Sox both have a more prestigious history than the Bruins.

The only thing that would overcome the perceived insult of trading Lucic is a Stanley Cup. Simply improving the team would not be enough.

Hardcore fans would perfectly fine with trading Lucic for Yandle. However, it took a lot more than just the hardcore fans to make Lucic the 7th best selling jersey in the league.

For example, alienating the casual fans could very well mean that the Bruins would not be able to spend to the cap anymore.

Old
02-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:

who is most people????? you if you can honstley tell me for the next 10 years you would rather have yandle then all i can say is wow you guys are placing way to much value on yandle
Yes, I would take Yandle over Lucic. 10 times out of 10.

Since I am bored, I will go make a poll on it.