HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs could be interested in Phillips and Kaberle(Per Lebrun)

Old
02-12-2011, 12:11 PM
MTL-rules

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I'm not sure if I would do this. According to some, the top 5 is a wild card and the rest is a deep draft. Would you pick Couturier?
I'd pick the best player available... Couturier and RNH still projects to be better players than MaxPac.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:14 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
I'd pick the best player available... Couturier and RNH still projects to be better players than MaxPac.
What if it's the 1st over all, who do u pick?

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:26 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
What if it's the 1st over all, who do u pick?
I wouldn't pick Adam Larsson... after that... it's hard to go against a 6'4 centre... I haven't seen RNH or Gabriel Landeskog play, so I'm not sure... anyways, this isn't the right thread.

Old
02-12-2011, 12:44 PM
NHLfan

Players to get

How about Anthony Stewart from the Atlanta Thrashers? He is a 6`2 239 rw. They can add Akim Aliu also.

NHLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Penner is also a lot softer than AK. Put AK with a team that has an enforcer and he will blow up some d-men, that guys is very strong on skates...just ask Milan Lucy.
I don't know if you have a chance to watch Penner or not, if this comment is based on hearsay or on first hand evaluation, but I can assure you that Penner is NOT softer than AK. As a matter of fact, I'd say that Penner is tougher than AK when it comes to being strong to the puck, parking himself in front of the net, digging and winning battles in the corners and getting involved when it gets chippy. AK distributes more hits and that's where it stops.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Marc-E-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
I don't know if you have a chance to watch Penner or not, if this comment is based on hearsay or on first hand evaluation, but I can assure you that Penner is NOT softer than AK. As a matter of fact, I'd say that Penner is tougher than AK when it comes to being strong to the puck, parking himself in front of the net, digging and winning battles in the corners and getting involved when it gets chippy. AK distributes more hits and that's where it stops.
One thing I could say for the defense of AK, his that playing with Gomez sterilize his game. Gomez doesn't use his winger decently, by using the size and the speed of Andreď. He was more involved in the game when he played with Plekanec. Plekanec pass the puck before getting in the offensive zone, not as Gomez who skates everywhere until he gets in the offensive zone; or offside often or gives away often.

It's sad that the Canadiens will make a mistake if they trade Andreď for a third liner.

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
One thing I could say for the defense of AK, his that playing with Gomez sterilize his game. Gomez doesn't use his winger decently, by using the size and the speed of Andreď. He was more involved in the game when he played with Plekanec. Plekanec pass the puck before getting in the offensive zone, not as Gomez who skates everywhere until he gets in the offensive zone; or offside often or gives away often.

It's sad that the Canadiens will make a mistake if they trade Andreď for a third liner.
Who's a third liner? Penner?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Don't know who he is but...

LindHockeyFile: #Habs Kostitsyn to #Sharks rumours heating up! #NHL
less than 20 seconds ago via Twitter for iPhone · Reply · View Tweet

Also,

cjohnson202: Rumblings right now that Montreal could be about to pull the trigger on a deal. Involves kostitsyn. Not done but could be soon
about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone · Reply · View Tweet
If we somehow accorded Setoguchi, who has struggled mightily in San Jose, I would do a back flip. He may be inconsistent but the guy has a fantastic work effort and has done just about everything except score this season. He has proven more than capable of doing so and is just having a poor season. Of course, San Jose would be insane to move him for AK and whatever else.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
What's the problem with what he wrote... he's saying basically that it's mad to think that Gauthier will trade Pacioretty in a Philips trade. There's absolutely no problem with what he wrote... you should read more carefully also.

Ottawa would like to get Pacioretty... but in no way will Gauthier trade him except for a franchise player.

Garrioch can express his desire, but it's stupid to even think about it... it's like saying "let's trade Gomez, St-Louis needs offence and Backes brings size... he's definitely a player I would target." How do you think St-Louis fans would react... laughing their ass off, that's how.
How many franchise players really exist in the NHL? 15-20 at the most? I could see Max Pack being traded for an established NHL'er who is an undisputed 1st line player...but a Franchise Player would require Pacioretti + + + as even if he meets his full potential he will not be a franchise player.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 05:38 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
Penner scored 32 goals last year playing for the Oilers. If he is a third liner, I want more third liners. If you can use an upcoming UFA to help fetch someone like that, you do it.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 05:44 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moester View Post
How many franchise players really exist in the NHL? 15-20 at the most? I could see Max Pack being traded for an established NHL'er who is an undisputed 1st line player...but a Franchise Player would require Pacioretti + + + as even if he meets his full potential he will not be a franchise player.
Where did I wrote that Pacioretty alone would fetch a franchise player ?

I wrote that I would only consider trading him if that type of player comes our way (and of course he would be part of a package).

...and what is an undisputed 1st line player ? Because, I wouldn't trade Pacioretty to get Hemsky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
Penner scored 32 goals last year playing for the Oilers. If he is a third liner, I want more third liners. If you can use an upcoming UFA to help fetch someone like that, you do it.
Andrei will not be a UFA this summer.

Old
02-12-2011, 05:48 PM
andy28

Quote:
Andrei will not be a UFA this summer.
Right. My bad. And I think I was corrected on that earlier this year as well. I keep forgetting. Still though....if we didnt have to add too much to that package I'd gladly give up Andrei for Penner.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:

I wrote that I would only consider trading him if that type of player comes our way (and of course he would be part of a package).

...and what is an undisputed 1st line player ? Because, I wouldn't trade Pacioretty to get Hemsky.
Please, lets not get petty and deliberately misunderstand one another. Nowhere did I claim you said that Pacioretti would get a franchise player by himself; only that he would be a small part of such a trade. I also said that it would be worthwhile to get an undisputed first line player in exchange for him (which btw would also require a package) And FYI what I mean by undisputed first liner, its a player that would play on a first line on pretty much any team in the NHL except those that have elite players in those position. But if you want me to get pedantic, here is a description provided by Hockey's future:

First line forward / No. 2 defenseman / No. 1 goaltender -- players with definite skill that might be just a cut below elite status, but still possessing All-Star potential. Think Patrik Elias, Keith Tkachuk, Mattias Ohlund, Adam Foote, Sean Burke, Olaf Kolzig.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 06:03 PM
sheed36

Regarding Kaberle.. This *********** character on twitter who I've seen mentioned around HF a few times and is probably worst than Eklund said PG is shopping Andrei Kostitsyn for a defencemen. Unconfirmed rumors that they've offered Kostitsyn + Weber for Kaberle, still checking that..

Edit.. I guess the guy who said that on twitter as had his name banned from this site or something..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 06:10 PM
otto bond

Quote:

That makes 2 of us. It's too bad that Hemsky has had those injuries, cause healty, he is a hell of a player.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
If we somehow accorded Setoguchi, who has struggled mightily in San Jose, I would do a back flip. He may be inconsistent but the guy has a fantastic work effort and has done just about everything except score this season. He has proven more than capable of doing so and is just having a poor season. Of course, San Jose would be insane to move him for AK and whatever else.
That actually sounds like a pretty fair deal to me. I'd guess the Habs would include a draft pick or prospect to make up for the difference in cap hit, and number of years left before unrestricted free agency. Setoguchi is a distant 7th among Sharks forwards in average ice time, so he appears to have fallen out of favour over there.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Gotta love Garioch....

OTTAWA SUN: Bruce Garrioch reports Senators veterans like Chris Phillips, Jarkko Ruutu and Chris Neil are likely next to be shipped out as management continues its rebuilding plan. Defenseman Filip Kuba has also attracted interest. Garrioch doubts there’ll be takers for Alex Kovalev. He claims the Canadiens, Bruins, Sharks and Ducks are interested in Phillips but feels Chris Campoli might be a better fit for the Sharks. If the Senators make a trade with Montreal they’ll want Max Pacioretty as part of the return, while the Bruins would probably prefer a puck-moving defenseman, which Phillips isn’t. The Senators are also getting lots of interest in youngsters Erik Karlsson and winger Nick Foligno but they’re not available.

Like Montreal would move MaxPAc for anything Ottawa has on that ugly roster!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote