HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

The Day After....

Old
02-12-2011, 11:12 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post
why is everyone saying haley will get suspended, if he does it can't be for more than 1 game. martin and gillies should get 4-6 each
I don't see why Haley should be suspended either. IMO, Martin should get a handful of games because that was a sucker punch for sure. I can see Gillies getting a couple because that hit was reckless, but less so than the Cooke hit and he's not a repeat offender like Cooke.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:18 AM
OpAck

I can't see Haley getting a suspension beyond his 1 game he already has (he did get a double game misconduct, which I'm guessing automatically keeps him out against Buffalo.)

The big question mark will be Gillies and Martin, both first time offenders (I believe)...but the league will want to make a statement...I say no less than 4, no more than 12.

That "should" be the extent of it for the Isles...unless the league wants to impose additional fines in order to send a message.

Godard should get the automatic 10-game, perhaps even a couple more added to it. Bylsma will probably get 1-2 games and a fine.

IMO, I think Gillies gets more games than Martin. But the fact that the whiners in the media have stupidly compared Martin to Bertuzzi, doesn't help.

OpAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:39 AM
BillD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
I don't see why Haley should be suspended either. IMO, Martin should get a handful of games because that was a sucker punch for sure. I can see Gillies getting a couple because that hit was reckless, but less so than the Cooke hit and he's not a repeat offender like Cooke.
I don't think Martin made contact so it isn't a sucker punch unless they get him for "intent to sucker punch". Only in Colon Campbell's NHL

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaljudge View Post
I don't think Martin made contact so it isn't a sucker punch unless they get him for "intent to sucker punch". Only in Colon Campbell's NHL
Then how can they justify Cammalleris (sp?) 1 game suspension when he didn't hit Nino with his stick, but he intended to.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Riddick

martin konopka and gillies meeting with disciplinary committee tonight. apparently in person hearings allow for suspensions of more than 6 games.

also, whoever was there in person, did konopka leave the bench during the fight with gillies/haley? thats what theyre saying he did.

Riddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:53 PM
ledzep1212
Watch Broad City

Z did nothing and if he gets anything more than a fine I am going to be ****ing livid.

ledzep1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:57 PM
OpAck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick View Post
also, whoever was there in person, did konopka leave the bench during the fight with gillies/haley? thats what theyre saying he did.
I obviously wasn't there, but I just watched the clip again. I didn't see Konopka on the ice on any shots. HOWEVER, watch the Isles bench at the 3:40 mark:

I'm guessing that's Konopka with his legs dangling over the boards. What I'd like to know is whether he actually did step foot on the ice...or if he was held back after he saw Godard step out there. He didn't get into any of the action...so, I don't know what the extent of that is...unless he came on at a different MEEEE-lay.

Looking at it again...it actually looks like he started to come over the boards when he saw Godard come out...but Zenon held back and didn't come out....just dangled his legs over the boards instead.

Old
02-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Riddick

if he touched the ice i would say its 10game. if he just put his legs over the boards tho? i cant see why that would be anything..

Old
02-12-2011, 01:14 PM
BMTABD

About time!

About Time!

The NHL has nobody to thank more for this than Colin Campbell:

4 games for Cookeís vicious hit on Tyutin?
No NHL video review for the blindside headshots that Dion Phaneuf has done on numerous Isles and other teamsí players?

He thinks that maybe Marc Savard embellished his concussion hit from Cooke?

Sorry, but I do not believe that a man that was a player and coach in the NHL can approach his job in charge of discipline with true objectivity at all times, to all players and teams.

There is a serious lack of consistency to matters regarding discipline in the NHL, so much so, that players and teams take matters into their own hands, and dispense their own frontier justice.

As for the Pens players: Donít like when other teams take liberties with your top players? Try practicing what you preach, even when facing bottomn dwellers.

BMTABD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 01:18 PM
OpAck

Quote:
@TSNBobMcKenzie

Konopka being looked at for potential violation of rule 70.2, making legal line change to start an altercation. Allows for supp discipline.
During that specific brawl, no one was coming to bench to allow Konopka to come off and Z didn't start that one. So, it leads me to believe they're referring to one of the other altercations. Perhaps the Z-Talbot fight?

EDIT: I found it at about the 10:10 mark:

Frans gets hurt and goes to the bench. Konopka comes on to replace Frans and gets into a fight. Although, he didn't start the altercation...it was already getting heated when Okposo was mixing it up. It was a legal line change, but Konopka shouldn't get ANYTHING since it wasn't directly started by him.

Last edited by OpAck: 02-12-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old
02-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Riddick

it honestly makes no sense. ill be pissed if he gets ANYTHING from last night.

Old
02-12-2011, 01:28 PM
BillD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
Then how can they justify Cammalleris (sp?) 1 game suspension when he didn't hit Nino with his stick, but he intended to.
Colon justifies what he wants to. What did Avery get for actually suckering Smid and knocking him down?

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 02:38 PM
redbull
Expect more

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamKidd View Post
It was just an epic game, as it unfolded, i couldnt believe what i was seeing. Where the hell has haley been all this time??? guy has some speed, can handle the puck, and obviously can dish out the hurt...something u know, we could, like, USE a little of...
the bp boys, sneekypete, enforcer, nyi78 (and others) have been talking up haley for a while. every fan clamors for the scoring types or the young kids but watching the games means something. Haley is exactly what I expected from hearing these fans describe his game - well done bp boys.

not saying he's earned himself a 4th line role and a 3 year contract but that type of spirit is the way he plays the game, nothing wrong with that.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 03:08 PM
4Isles4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick View Post
it honestly makes no sense. ill be pissed if he gets ANYTHING from last night.
thier gonna look for any excuse to make an example of the Isles....I bet its more that they felt it was premetatated

4Isles4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 03:24 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post
During that specific brawl, no one was coming to bench to allow Konopka to come off and Z didn't start that one. So, it leads me to believe they're referring to one of the other altercations. Perhaps the Z-Talbot fight?

EDIT: I found it at about the 10:10 mark:

Frans gets hurt and goes to the bench. Konopka comes on to replace Frans and gets into a fight. Although, he didn't start the altercation...it was already getting heated when Okposo was mixing it up. It was a legal line change, but Konopka shouldn't get ANYTHING since it wasn't directly started by him.
11:43 - Martin KICKS Konopka.

The line change was legal, no whistle until Nielson was near the bench doubled over.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 04:08 PM
JKP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
11:43 - Martin KICKS Konopka.

The line change was legal, no whistle until Nielson was near the bench doubled over.
C'mon now, you know that Colin knows the official meant to blow the whistle, so Konopka's gotta go for 40 games.

Seriously. Campbell is a giant farce and the league needs to get rid of him. He's a POS. The crap with his kid should have been enough. How can there be any assumption of fairness with such a perception of bias.

I fully expect all four of our goons to be suspended well over 5 games each. Then we need to organize a march to Campbell's office and key his car.

JKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 04:11 PM
OlTimeHockey

I fully expect the Isles to be made an example of.....you're supposed to roll over and take it, because the real hockey teams deserve to win.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 04:46 PM
cenas*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbpj9_UM-Fo

Talbot fighting.

cenas* is offline   Reply With Quote