HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XI

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Knight of the Realm
champs no more!

vCash: 500
As much as I'd like to add players, I'd like to see others moved out

Our Trade Bait should be:

at lest one or two of-
DD44 - wasting away on the bench good filler but expendable
Hickey - surpassed on the depth chart
Teubert - see above

Moller - has some value
Poni - might do better elsewhere
Harold - nothing but a filler
#1 -weak year, move it unless you can move up and take Landeskog(sp)

Will move for the right price/situation:

Voynov - hate to move him but I dont see him staying unless other pieces are moved
Simmonds - ONLY to bring in a significant upgrade
Richardson - guy plays his heart out and is misused by TM, might have some value
Handzus - (deadline) either hold on to him for the playoffs or get something before he goes ufa
Lewis- will never be more than a fourth line center on the kings, Cliche can easily replace him or keep Zues and make him a fourth liner next year

P.S. Waive Westgarth and get rid of Brown

Old
02-12-2011, 06:01 PM
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by guderian View Post
what about Michalek, Sens are selling and he could be just the right fit for Kings

and you would not need roster players to get him, couple of picks would do
He's got like 3 more years at $4.3M per I think. Not worth taking on that kind of contract IMO.

Old
02-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I have a feeling a trade gets done. The reason everyone is demanding a trade because what we need is a top 3 winger, and that is not within the system. It is something we need now, and also something we'll need in the future in order to compete. Half of those players on that list will never play for the Kings, or will simply not have a roster spot available. It is a waste to let them rot. While, in the end, there is no need for some suicide rush to make a deal, one must be done. Even Lombardi has said and acknowledged that it is the number one team need, outside of "youngsters stepping up", and it must be done through a trade.
agreed...but which LW. personally i think what is possibly available will cost to much. Hemsky, Penner, Gaborik, Booth which are some of the ones always being mentioned and available. i think they are good 2nd line players, but they aren't the top line caliber this team really needs for the immediate and long-term future.

ive been saying for quite some time i think DL needs to make some trades with and for prospects. either that or package some prospects for pick(s). imo i think he should look to package some prospects and move up into the top 5/top 10 and go for one of the top picks to fit this role. again though this means it's likely that this kid is a few years out from making the team. let's face it there aren't really any top tier wingers out there for the picking. the ones that are out there are going to be overpriced at the deadline and be honest - they really aren't a #1 LW

Old
02-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post

at lest one or two of-
Teubert - see above

Moller - has some value

Voynov - hate to move him but I dont see him staying unless other pieces are moved
Richardson - guy plays his heart out and is misused by TM, might have some value
Handzus - (deadline) either hold on to him for the playoffs or get something before he goes ufa
Lewis- will never be more than a fourth line center on the kings, Cliche can easily replace him or keep Zues and make him a fourth liner next year

Uhh let's hear the logic behind this one.

Old
02-12-2011, 07:46 PM
outofrange

Guys just as a heads up Teubert isn't listed in our prospects section on the Kings main website. Trade or another reason?

Old
02-12-2011, 07:50 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrange View Post
Guys just as a heads up Teubert isn't listed in our prospects section on the Kings main website. Trade or another reason?
hmmm thats weird.

Old
02-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post

at lest one or two of-
Teubert - see above

Moller - has some value

I disagree with everything here...

Old
02-12-2011, 07:53 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

One of the Fourth Period guys said DL is itching to make a move and Simmer could be swapped out.

I know they're just a step up from Eklund but I really don't wanna see Simmonds moved unless were getting a legitimate top 6.

Old
02-12-2011, 07:56 PM
hockey_nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
One of the Fourth Period guys said DL is itching to make a move and Simmer could be swapped out.

I know they're just a step up from Eklund but I really don't wanna see Simmonds moved unless were getting a legitimate top 6.
pagnotta's pretty reliable. i've been following him for a while, him and bob mckenzie always go back and forth... that said, he was the first one to break the hawks/panthers deal this week.
now that the lovefest is over (LOL).. i think simmonds is the only guy that the kings might be willing to deal if they get someone like hemsky, right? what else could they move? i can't see schenn getting traded

Old
02-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Johnny Utah

I would be furious if the Kings deal Simmonds...Actually, I would be pissed if the Kings deal anyone on this roster besides Harrold or Drewiske. They should be dealing draft picks or prospects at this point...

Old
02-12-2011, 08:03 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Maybe that's why Simmonds was placed on the 1st line? So DL can show people that the kid's got talent and whatnot, makes sense. I just think we need him more than people think we do, he solidifies our 3rd line nicely

Old
02-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I have a feeling it is Hemsky for Simmonds and Teubert. Though I hope for something different/better.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
02-12-2011, 08:08 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Teubert is playing in Manchester tonight, doubt he would be playing if there was a trade.

Old
02-12-2011, 08:24 PM
Johnny Utah

Um...have some of you not read Matthew Barry's post. Hemsky is RW...Kings need a LW'er...why would they give up Teubert and Simmonds for a position they are already deep in.

Old
02-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Um...have some of you not read Matthew Barry's post. Hemsky is RW...Kings need a LW'er...why would they give up Teubert and Simmonds for a position they are already deep in.
They are professional hockey players. Moving from wing to wing isn't that detrimental. Preference would dictate to find someone in their natural position, but sometimes you just need to pick the more talented player and tell them to switch sides, or have Brown switch sides...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Teubert is playing in Manchester tonight, doubt he would be playing if there was a trade.
Well, a deal obviously isn't finalized I am just throwing out my speculative guess as to what to expect.

Old
02-12-2011, 08:32 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Hemsky can definitely play on he LW lol, it's that big of a problem but he's not even a sniper..

Old
02-12-2011, 08:33 PM
hockey_nut

Quote:
Dustin Penner is a LWer

Old
02-12-2011, 08:33 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Not that it would be ideal but they can always flip Brown to the LW spot if it comes to that. Maybe there just aren't any left wingers out there worth their ticket.

Old
02-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Shellz

IF Simmonds is traded, I would hate to see him stay in the Western Conference. That would suck.

Old
02-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Those rumors over the summer about Simmer have substance...

Old
02-12-2011, 08:40 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Uhh let's hear the logic behind this one.
He's not very good? Not very smart? Probably one of the hardest players to play with in the league.

Old
02-12-2011, 08:42 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Those rumors over the summer about Simmer have substance...
Confirmed by my cat(e5)

Old
02-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Seeing how Simmonds played today and how much better he'll be when he matures physically and mentally, I don't think it would be wise of the Kings to deal him away for a temporary solution who might not last long in a kings uni.

Old
02-12-2011, 09:08 PM
wicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Seeing how Simmonds played today and how much better he'll be when he matures physically and mentally, I don't think it would be wise of the Kings to deal him away for a temporary solution who might not last long in a kings uni.
Yeah, I'm not feeling good about any potential trade with Simmer heading the other way. Even if the rumors about him are the slightest bit true, then that speaks of immaturity more than anything else. We shouldn't be so quick to boot a kid for being inconsistent and for getting a little carried away in friggin' Hollywood.

Guys like Richardson, our first round pick, plus one of our young d-men should get it done.

Old
02-12-2011, 09:17 PM
JMFJ 3

Any talk of Simmonds being moved is 100% speculation.

Closed Thread