HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Burke to be at Boston/Detroit game tonight

Old
02-12-2011, 03:26 PM
kb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
Nazem Kadri was chosen way above where he should have been. There were other players available who will probably be of more help to the Leafs.
False. Just because YOU feel that way doesn't make it so. You are letting your hate blind you. Not unusual or unexpected.

Quote:
Re: Gardiner - I don't know why the Ducks GM gave him up. Maybe his scouts were telling him something the rest of us don't have access to. It sounds like there are concerns about Gardiner's game that could affect how an organization values him.
Oh, the old "Since he was traded to the Leafs there has to be something wrong with him". Frankly this is old, tired, and weak, much like everything else in this post. He is a mid-first round pick who has a lot of upside.

Quote:
And finally, the reason I'm ripping Burke is because he's had numerous opportunities to trade for picks and simply hasn't gotten the job done. This past offseason, for example, he could have sent Kaberle somewhere for a couple of decent picks and he didn't.
Links? Oh right....none exist except your assumptions. You know that is what he was offered and turned down, right? So picks are the be all and end all. How many picks does he need - 15? He always has more picks than rounds. Maybe next year he can ice 20 future draft picks instead of players? Keep in mind that the Leafs still need to ice a full team, so they can't trade every single player away for beloved draft picks. Lame.

Quote:
What Burke is doing is not a rebuild but a shuffling of problem players, retreads, has beens, and never weres. This approach has never one Stanley Cups.
I thought you had already said finally?

He has assembled a prospect pool way better than existed when he first got here, and completely turned the team's roster over to one is much younger with more potential than when he got here just over 2 years ago. That is what the definition of a "rebuild" is. Check it out..available everywhere online.

Quote:
Burke may have scored big in acquiring Aulie but I'm not sure fleecing a down and broken GM like Sutter really qualifies as being "success" or represents a superior talent. Burke got lucky - celebrate that but don't misinterpret it.
Spinning things to suit your agenda is much more fun that analyzing with an open mind, eh?

Last edited by kb: 02-12-2011 at 03:42 PM.
kb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 03:42 PM
T M L
Make Belief Captain

Good for Burke.

Maybe he can continue to build his favorite childhood team the Boston Bruins!

Give another 5 years of Toronto's first round picks to Boston for overrated garbage, why don't you ! Kessel trade is the WORST trade in the history of the Maple Leafs franchise, what a shame!

Burke = ******* disgrace! he needs to get out of Toronto.

T M L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb View Post
False. Just because YOU feel that way doesn't make it so. You are letting your hate blind you. Not unusual or unexpected.
My comments concerning Kadri's being drafted at #7 are based on Central Scouting's final report. In the 2009 draft Kadri was ranked 15th overall North American skater.

So my response was based on expert opinion. Something you obviously fail to respect.

I'll ignore the rest of your post. It's not really worth the time and effort to sort through.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 03:52 PM
static80

Quote:
Originally Posted by T M L View Post
Good for Burke.

Give another 5 years of Toronto's first round picks to Boston for overrated garbage, why don't you ! Kessel trade is the WORST trade in the history of the Maple Leafs franchise, what a shame!

As a fan of a division rival, I hope to god Burke stays in Toronto for atleast another 6 seasons.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 03:54 PM
GE0

Quote:
Good for Burke.

Hahaha, sounds like Mommy hid the cookie jar.

GE0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Cayce View Post
But yeah, keep on hating.

"Hate" is a little strong.

I am surprised that people drink Burke's coolaid the way they do and hang on his every move and believe everything he says.

I'm also surprised that people think that the Leafs are going to be a better team because of Burke's efforts.

What I do think is that Burke's overrated and in over his head. Now if that's hate...

Old
02-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Old Gregggg View Post
toronto in recent history has played very solid in february and march once its too late and the pressure is off, imo it wont be another lottery pick
great avatar... epic meal time FTW!!!

However, every team that does not make the playoffs is in the lottery... but I think I know what you mean "no oppertunity for first overall in the lottery" is what I am sure you meant... and it's very possible you could be right.

I said at begining of year pick will be top 7... I still feel that way.

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Zrinski

Quote:
Good for Burke.

How long have you been watching the Leafs?

Yes, it was a terrible trade. But there are so many more that were so much worse.

Tom Kurvers for our first round pick (Scott Neidermayer) comes to mind. Also Adam Mair + a pick (Mike Cammalleri) for Aki Berg. We gave a first up (Lars Eller) for Toskala for God's sake. And too many more to think of or list.

Zrinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 05:53 PM
T M L
Make Belief Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
As a fan of a division rival, I hope to god Burke stays in Toronto for atleast another 6 seasons.
I know you Boston fans love Brian Burke! He is your best asset. He is building a great team in Boston, while Toronto is getting the shaft.

T M L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 05:57 PM
leafsfan93

Quote:
Ever heard of Steve Yzerman?
Who the **** is steve Yzerman ?

leafsfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfan93 View Post
Who the **** is steve Yzerman ?
Quality post

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
Quality post
Near the top of my personal top 10 favourites.

Old
02-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrinski View Post
How long have you been watching the Leafs?

Yes, it was a terrible trade. But there are so many more that were so much worse.

Tom Kurvers for our first round pick (Scott Neidermayer) comes to mind. Also Adam Mair + a pick (Mike Cammalleri) for Aki Berg. We gave a first up (Lars Eller) for Toskala for God's sake. And too many more to think of or list.
Actually its worse; Couture not Eller.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:20 PM
Retsmra2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
Actually its worse; Couture not Eller.
Actually this is incorrect. San Jose traded the pick they received from Toronto to St. Louis who proceeded to draft Lars Eller.

Retsmra2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Nazem Kadri was chosen way above where he should have been. There were other players available who will probably be of more help to the Leafs.

Re: Gardiner - I don't know why the Ducks GM gave him up. Maybe his scouts were telling him something the rest of us don't have access to. It sounds like there are concerns about Gardiner's game that could affect how an organization values him.

And finally, the reason I'm ripping Burke is because he's had numerous opportunities to trade for picks and simply hasn't gotten the job done. This past offseason, for example, he could have sent Kaberle somewhere for a couple of decent picks and he didn't.

What Burke is doing is not a rebuild but a shuffling of problem players, retreads, has beens, and never weres. This approach has never one Stanley Cups.

Burke may have scored big in acquiring Aulie but I'm not sure fleecing a down and broken GM like Sutter really qualifies as being "success" or represents a superior talent. Burke got lucky - celebrate that but don't misinterpret it.
Most foolish post I have read today. Gardiner is a great d man prospect, but the Fowler coupe last year made him expendable. Ducks need defensive presence now being a playoff team. If fowler was not drafted last year Gardiner would not of been considered as trade bait. Btw I am not a leaf fan

Last edited by Oilmageddon*: 02-12-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilburnsclean View Post
Most foolish post I have read today....
From what I have read Gardiner's value may be slipping. I don't know what's so foolish about that.

Old
02-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsmra2010 View Post
Actually this is incorrect. San Jose traded the pick they received from Toronto to St. Louis who proceeded to draft Lars Eller.
Didn't know that, thanks.

But the point is that they turned that pick into Couture.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
From what I have read Gardiner's value may be slipping. I don't know what's so foolish about that.
Read where and thread please. How can this guys value be dropping when he is now a ppg dman ncaa and is Improving all aspects of his game?

Last edited by Oilmageddon*: 02-12-2011 at 11:42 PM.
Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:43 PM
baton elevated

I don't think Gardiner is an inferior prospect at all. I really like the addition to the trade and feel Burke would not have made the deal without his inclusion. The reason the ducks were able to make the deal is because of the development of Fowler. They also have another young Dman in Sbisba. Therefore although Gardiner was a good prospect, they could afford to make this deal because of there depth. Making the playoffs and competing are a priority as well especially in non traditional hockey cities.

baton elevated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:12 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Let me guess: you read this retarded article

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...-pedigree.html

Nasty Nazem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:45 AM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Let me guess: you read this retarded article

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...-pedigree.html
Um - no. But thanks for sharing.

EDIT: Looks like a decent article.

Old
02-13-2011, 07:47 AM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilburnsclean View Post
Read where and thread please. How can this guys value be dropping when he is now a ppg dman ncaa and is Improving all aspects of his game?
Lots of college players have great numbers and improve their game as their career progresses but that doesn't mean they're moving in a direction where they can succeed at the NHL level.

Old
02-13-2011, 07:56 AM
Megan Fox
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ

Quote:
Lots of college players have great numbers and improve their game as their career progresses but that doesn't mean they're moving in a direction where they can succeed at the NHL level.
What? What the hell is this crap? A players who has improved his game has done nothing but move himself closer to the NHL.

Megan Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:44 AM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan Fox View Post
What? What the hell is this crap? A players who has improved his game has done nothing but move himself closer to the NHL.
Work your way through the hockey database (I'll include a link) and see all the college guys who improved throughout their college careers and still couldn't make the transition to the NHL game.

Link: http://www.hockeydb.com/

Putz around and see for yourself.