HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The full forward healthy line-up.

Old
02-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Maxpac

vCash: 500
The full forward healthy line-up.

What the heck does it look like? Where do you guys put Cammy? Does White stay up for the year? Does he Darche's place on Desharnais' line permanintely? Who gets sent down? We were trying to do lines at my place tonight and we all agreed that we all had no idea what it will be like. What's you guys take on it?

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:27 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

for the first time evah! my line combos would be...

Paxx-Plekanec-Gionta
Pouliot-DD-Camm
Moen-Halpern-White
AK-Gomez-Darche

or if we could dump AK

Paxx-Plekanec-Gionta
Pouliot-DD-Camm
Moen-Halpern-White
Gomez-Pyatt-Darche

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:32 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gionta
Cammalleri-Desharnais-Darche
White-Halpern-Kostitsyn
Pouliot-Gomez-Moen

Balance on all lines.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:45 PM
Miller Time

Cammy - Pleks - A.Kost

they've had great chemistry in the past, maybe if JM wasn't forced to mess with it early in the season to get gomez going, A.Kost would have 'broken out' the way he showed signs of through the first 20 games

MaxPac - DD - Gionta

DD is getting better every game... as is MaxPac... Gionta as a pure sniper and a workhorse would fit right in. It's a line I want to see now, but that I bet we'll seen next season.

Pouliot - Gomez - White

I'd prefer Gomez gone, but as long as he's here we have to pencil him in. Hopefully White's energy, and Pouliot new-found commitment to sound, intense 2-way hockey is enough to either get Gomez going, or hide his stumbling.

Moen - Halpern - Pyatt/Darche

energy line, plain and simple. Flip Halpern on to the 3rd line if gomez drags them down too much.

Hate leaving Eller out, but as long as we're stuck with Gomez, not much choice. DD is cementing himself as our next best centre after pleks imo, Halpern is very good in his role, and I ultimately I think that Eller is better served playing a key role in Hamilton than shuffling between lines/linemates/positions in Montreal.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:47 PM
tinyzombies

Paxx-Plekanec-Gionta (not broken)
Pouliot-Gomez-Cammalleri (need top 6 size, gotta get Gomez going or we're done anyway; force AK to prove he's a top 6 guy)
AK-DD-Eller (DD is a third liner at best, Eller is not ready... together with reduced checking, they could produce secondary offense)
Moen-Maxwell-White (hard to play against..maybe Halpern for faceoffs, but I'd prefer Maxwell)

I'm not gonna argue with JM tho. He's kept the kids fresh and we're still in a solid playoff spot, despite injuries.

Last edited by tinyzombies: 02-12-2011 at 11:53 PM.
tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:48 PM
Phousse

Man it feels like Cammy's been gone forever. I almost forgot he was on the team.

Phousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
Cammy - Pleks - A.Kost

they've had great chemistry in the past, maybe if JM wasn't forced to mess with it early in the season to get gomez going, A.Kost would have 'broken out' the way he showed signs of through the first 20 games

MaxPac - DD - Gionta

DD is getting better every game... as is MaxPac... Gionta as a pure sniper and a workhorse would fit right in. It's a line I want to see now, but that I bet we'll seen next season.

Pouliot - Gomez - White

I'd prefer Gomez gone, but as long as he's here we have to pencil him in. Hopefully White's energy, and Pouliot new-found commitment to sound, intense 2-way hockey is enough to either get Gomez going, or hide his stumbling.

Moen - Halpern - Pyatt/Darche

energy line, plain and simple. Flip Halpern on to the 3rd line if gomez drags them down too much.

Hate leaving Eller out, but as long as we're stuck with Gomez, not much choice. DD is cementing himself as our next best centre after pleks imo, Halpern is very good in his role, and I ultimately I think that Eller is better served playing a key role in Hamilton than shuffling between lines/linemates/positions in Montreal.
I think for now that's the closest to what it's going to be imo. But i don't see how Martin could put Gomez not with Gionta if he's not on Plekanec's line. And man i wish we has a bigger RW on that 4th line, even if it means Darche loses his spot.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:55 PM
Darth Joker

Barring trades, I agree 100% with Miller Time's lines.

Darth Joker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:58 PM
Jigger77

Sorry to ask this here but I just got home after watching the game and saw Max Patch leaving the game after that Shenn hit. Kind of off topic a little but not really. Any word on whether he's alright? Would really suck to lose him right now.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:01 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Sorry to ask this here but I just got home after watching the game and saw Max Patch leaving the game after that Shenn hit. Kind of off topic a little but not really. Any word on whether he's alright? Would really suck to lose him right now.
I would say mild shoulder separation from the looks of it. He kept playing after the hit. He could be out a bit, but it didn't look too serious. He was buckled over on the bench in pain though.

Old
02-13-2011, 12:02 AM
CuteHockeyBunny

The following lines are based on prior success and chemistry. Lines 1, 2 and 3 are exchangeable and provide the team with 3 good, consistent scoring lines leaving the 4th line as an energy/grinding/time wasting line. It doesn't get better than this in the new NHL.

Line 1 - The Money Line
A.K. - Pleks - Cammy

Line 2 - The "they're never going to make it in the NHL" Line
Pouliot - DD - Darche/White

Line 3 - Tertiary scoring line
MaxPac - Gomez - Gionta

Line 4 - Waste 10 minutes a game line
Moen - Halpern - Pyatt

CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:04 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
I would say mild shoulder separation from the looks of it. He kept playing after the hit. He could be out a bit, but it didn't look too serious. He was buckled over on the bench in pain though.
Yeah but he left to the dressing room right after that. Man I hope he's not injured. He's been our best forward.

Old
02-13-2011, 12:22 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Yeah but he left to the dressing room right after that. Man I hope he's not injured. He's been our best forward.
it would be a big loss... not just to the team right now, but also for MaxPac. getting into a groove and staying there is tough, especially as a young player, and he is definitely in a good groove. Would hate to see him miss time and then come back cold and have to struggle through getting his game back again.

on another note, was anyone else even a little annoyed that no one on the team so much as batted an eye lash at Schenn after that hit for the rest of the game?

it wasn't a dirty hit, though it was crunching a guy into the boards from behind...
but MaxPac was one of our best skaters last night, and has been for the past few games. Even if Schenn didn't go out of his way to target him (since he's looking to crunch everyone), isn't this the kind of situation where a team is supposed to respond?

I'm not a fan of fighting, but it would have been nice to see someone get in Schenn's face sometime in the last few minutes, a little bit of rough stuff after the whistle, just to let him know that he can't be laying out our best players without expecting a response...

earlier in the game, when Subban bumped one of the leafs with a knee that may have been a little bit out of line, Schenn wasted no time to cross-check him in the back to let him know someone's watching him... it's that element that we absolutely lack 100%.

Teams take liberties, be it "clean" or over the edge, and we don't have any players stepping up to make it clear that it won't stand.

understandably so I suppose... 3/4 of our team couldn't afford to step in that way for fear of getting pummeled the way Pyatt did...

that's the lack of toughness that's killing us imo.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:23 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Cammalleri

These guys compliment each other so well and it brings the best out of all these guys. Its a tried, tested, and proven line.

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta

I'm not a big fan of Gomez but I like the speed on this line. Again, its a line that has had success in its brief stint together.

Pouliot - Desharnais - Darche

I like the net presence that darche has provided this year. Pouliot and Desharnais are already gelling well. There's a strong 2 way presence on this line too.

Moen-Halpern-Eller/Pyatt

Moen and Halpern know their roles and know each other well at this point. Eller doesnt fit anywhere else and he's not being sent down or scratched... so he goes here.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:26 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
it would be a big loss... not just to the team right now, but also for MaxPac. getting into a groove and staying there is tough, especially as a young player, and he is definitely in a good groove. Would hate to see him miss time and then come back cold and have to struggle through getting his game back again.

on another note, was anyone else even a little annoyed that no one on the team so much as batted an eye lash at Schenn after that hit for the rest of the game?

it wasn't a dirty hit, though it was crunching a guy into the boards from behind...
but MaxPac was one of our best skaters last night, and has been for the past few games. Even if Schenn didn't go out of his way to target him (since he's looking to crunch everyone), isn't this the kind of situation where a team is supposed to respond?

I'm not a fan of fighting, but it would have been nice to see someone get in Schenn's face sometime in the last few minutes, a little bit of rough stuff after the whistle, just to let him know that he can't be laying out our best players without expecting a response...

earlier in the game, when Subban bumped one of the leafs with a knee that may have been a little bit out of line, Schenn wasted no time to cross-check him in the back to let him know someone's watching him... it's that element that we absolutely lack 100%.

Teams take liberties, be it "clean" or over the edge, and we don't have any players stepping up to make it clear that it won't stand.

understandably so I suppose... 3/4 of our team couldn't afford to step in that way for fear of getting pummeled the way Pyatt did...

Honestly I'm on the fence on this one. Part of me says yes absolutely. And I see a guy like Moen being the one to do so. Part of me though says, you know what, it's when we stay away from that crap and play hockey that we succeed. Besides, it was iffy, but Patches did kind of turn at the last second and he should have expected the contact more than he did there. So I guess I don't agree but I don't disagree.

Old
02-13-2011, 12:26 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:

It was a hit from behind. And not a last minute turn. At least that's the way I saw it. Max has gotta be smarter than that tho. You don't turn your back on a Leaf, or anyone for that matter. Especially with a big lead late. Makes no sense. Didn't protect himself at all.

Old
02-13-2011, 12:37 AM
OneSharpMarble

All I say is keep AKost with Pleks or you might aswell waive the guy.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:39 AM
hogtownhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Cammalleri

These guys compliment each other so well and it brings the best out of all these guys. Its a tried, tested, and proven line.

I'm not a big fan of Gomez but I like the speed on this line. Again, its a line that has had success in its brief stint together.

I like the net presence that darche has provided this year. Pouliot and Desharnais are already gelling well. There's a strong 2 way presence on this line too.

Moen-Halpern-Eller/Pyatt

Moen and Halpern know their roles and know each other well at this point. Eller doesnt fit anywhere else and he's not being sent down or scratched... so he goes here.

I think I'm in closest agreement with you, though I'd probably send Eller down and have White in that spot. I really like the chemistry Pou and DD have been showing, and those top two lines have shown and proved, while that 4th line can be trusted as a veteran defensive line...

hogtownhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:45 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I think I'm in closest agreement with you, though I'd probably send Eller down and have White in that spot. I really like the chemistry Pou and DD have been showing, and those top two lines have shown and proved, while that 4th line can be trusted as a veteran defensive line...
I would like to have eller spend time in the ahl too, but I just dont think the organization has that in mind.

I think White would fit okay on that 4th line with moen and halpern, like you said. IF he struggles though, then he becomes the 13th forward in favour of pyatt.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:52 AM
Jakomyte

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Pouliot-Desharnais-Eller
Moen-Halpern-White
Darche/Pyatt

That's what I would do.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:06 AM
Dekar

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn

It's been shown they have chemistry, and Kostitsyn doesn't seem to have much chemistry with any centre outside of Plekanec (Derek Boogaard would have chemistry with Plex, so...). Cammy and Plex play together because it's just natural to have your best goal scorer with your best playmaker.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Pouliot

I'm a firm believer that Patches and Double D should not be separated. They have some kind of Bulldog telepathy going on, and we've seen proof that Pouliot's scoring sense fits Double D's ability to find the shooters wherever they are.

White-Gomez-Gionta

I like White, and I think his compete level is where it needs to be for him to deserve a roster spot, and his talents are better used somewhere other than the 4th line. Gomez and Gionta just know each other well enough that no matter how bad Gomer's been playing, you'll see flashes of it here and there, and it'll be a good thing whenever it does show.

Pyatt-Halpern-Darche

This is the horse line. Sorry Moen, you need some motivation, and nothing spells motivation like a stint in the AHL for a seasoned NHL vet.

Eller also hits the Dogs, and for all the same reasons we've been saying for days and weeks. He needs the Patches treatment where he needs to show he can dominate the AHL first and learn all forward positions so he can be as diverse as possible, since the centre position seems plugged up in Montreal, and he wasn't able to earn it over Desharnais. In an ideal world, I'd like to give Gomez a motivational stint in the AHL too, but chances are someone would grab him off waivers, plus he's too well-liked in the locker room (he told me so himself, trust me ), so Eller must take the bus west.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:52 AM
Destoker

Patch-Plex-Gionta
Pouliot-Desharnais-Kosty
Cammy-Gomez-Darche
Moen-Halpern-White

Let Eller gain confidence in the AHL.

I really like the second line because Desharnais centers 2 big snipers who can always find the third man on the ice. They all love cute plays and that would create some sparckle off the rush.

Third line needs a RW, but i'd like the idea of gomez giving it to Cammy who shoots while darchy rush the net. The fouth line would defend teamates and own the boards.

Destoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:58 AM
Destoker

Quote:

i
It's not true. Andrei took a run the very next shift and plumbeled Sheen open ice on the right circle. It was a nice retaliation.

Destoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:58 AM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
Quote:
Quote:
It's in the PGT. Lot of beat writers saw him leaving fine. No sling on the arm, nothing obvious to indicate an injury.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 02:17 AM
PK76

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Moen - Halpern - White

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote