HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal makes offer for Kaberle

Old
02-13-2011, 02:21 AM
Stephen

vCash: 500
If that were the offer, I'd try to flip Kostitsyn for something more suitable for a rebuild.

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 02:48 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habiton View Post
If that happens I will personally kick PGs ***.

He said himself he hates the idea of rentals especially for roster players. We dont need him now and we can get him for nothing in the offseason.

No thank you. Especially not for a Top 6 forward and someone who is doing what his job would be now. Tell me if this is a good situation (pending we resign Kaberle)

Subban - Markov
Kaberle - Wiz
Gorges - Hammer

Arguably 5 Offensive Defensemen. TERRIBLE idea.
Hammer would not be resigned and we could attempt to move Spacek to retain Gill or sign a younger defensive defenseman. In any event, Markov is capable of playing a more defensive game as he demonstrated in the past. The rest range from decent to adequate defensively and would combined to be a juggernaut offensively. If this deal happened we exchange Weber for Kaberle and sign Markov to a short term contract. If the experiment fails, we trade Markov or Kaberle. If not, well we have one powerful unit. Worth dealing Weber for even if I would prefer using a pick and prospect combination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
For Montreal to get Kaberle.....Pacioretty must be included... no way around that.
Whether or not this is Toronto's needs. No team would give you a top six forward for Kaberle. If Toronto ever wants to compete properly, they need to rebuild. Kaberle will not be apart of that and is better served to add pieces; reasonable prospects or picks. Not top six roster players.

I dislike losing Weber but would accept this deal. Patches? No.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 02:53 AM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
For Montreal to get Kaberle.....Pacioretty must be included... no way around that.
lol!

Considering Burke has already killed Kabs' trade value by saying he won't resign him, and considering he's a UFA, we'll be lucky to get much for him at all, nevermind legit prospects

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 02:55 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibeen View Post
And Toronto won't win a Cup.
How does not trading Kaberle to Montreal move us further from a cup? Going to be funny when Markov doesn't sign with Montreal in the off season

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 02:56 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honestly I am not too keen on giving Kostitsyn because he will get 30 goals playing with a center not named Scott Gomez. If Martin kept the Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Cammalleri line intact, they would all have higher point totals. But because Mr. Gomez couldn't get his **** started, Martin juggled some lines.

Ok. Now even if Kostitsyn HAD to go in that trade, I would not give Weber. He's really starting to play well and for all we know between Weber and Subban, he might end up being the better player. I know many people (Habs fans) won't agree with me, but he's still young and has a lot to prove (same goes for Subban).

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:04 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
Whether or not this is Toronto's needs. No team would give you a top six forward for Kaberle. If Toronto ever wants to compete properly, they need to rebuild. Kaberle will not be apart of that and is better served to add pieces; reasonable prospects or picks. Not top six roster players.

I dislike losing Weber but would accept this deal. Patches? No.
Toronto has been "rebuilding" for the last 3 years. The only thing stopping them from competing is a GM capable of managing his assets objectively rather than with blind loyalty.

As of right now, no team is giving anything for Kaberle because he won't waive his NTC, so it's a moot point. If he does waive it, Burke pretty much holds all the cards, he's by far the best puckmover available.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:19 AM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Toronto has been "rebuilding" for the last 3 years. The only thing stopping them from competing is a GM capable of managing his assets objectively rather than with blind loyalty.

As of right now, no team is giving anything for Kaberle because he won't waive his NTC, so it's a moot point. If he does waive it, Burke pretty much holds all the cards, he's by far the best puckmover available.
Thats all good, But your not getting Pacioretty for Kaberle. Its great that you think he will demand that, but he won't. IF kabs gets traded, your dream of a return vs the reality of the return will probably leave you very,very sad.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:24 AM
Kamal007
A$VP

That would be great, then we can reunite the amazing combo of Kostitsyn and Grabo.

Kamal007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:27 AM
htpwn

Now take that offer to Boston and New York and try to get them to top it. A bidding war would be absolutely great should Kaberle waive.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:29 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Dallas Dave is legit.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:43 AM
Qvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habiton View Post
Oh, because AK is worse than who? Grabnutski? MacArthur? Come on. AK has more skill than Kessel, and plays a better two way game when he is on. And he has size.

No way PG is that stupid.
Yeah, and he has managed 50 points once in his career. Come on, this is ridiculous. AK is as marginal a top 6 player as you are going to find in this league.

Qvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 04:13 AM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post
How does not trading Kaberle to Montreal move us further from a cup? Going to be funny when Markov doesn't sign with Montreal in the off season
He never plays for us anyway

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 04:31 AM
elsubz

No freaking hell i'd give Akost and Weber for a rental like kaberle.

elsubz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 04:56 AM
Dutch Dreams

This only makes sense if Montreal is unsatisfied with Subban and Wisniewski going into the future, and is not willing to take a risk on a very injury-prone of late Markov, while also being confident with Kaberle re-signing, which is a real possibility, Montreal only being a ways away from Toronto.

However. Isn't Wisniewski racking up the points? Isn't Subban still as talented as he's always been? Aren't guys like Weber showing some potential? Also, instead of sending valuable young players to Toronto (..and this is what they need.. A guy like Pacioretty HAS to be started with.. Kaberle isn't being traded for the sake of it.. And I wouldn't be so confident a trade like this doesn't go down.. look at the Campbell trade.. Bernier, a guy who still had a lot of potential at that time.. was included, along with a first.. so it's not inconceivable that Montreal would offer something like Pacioretty and a 1st/Weber..), Montreal can just re-sign Markov for a low-risk term, like a one year, and evaluate him from there, while still having the talent of Wisniewski, Subban and Weber - and Pacioretty, etc.. A type of player they lack just as much as us.

There are teams that make a lot more sense. Tampa Bay has no real puckmover, and their forward depth is enough that a significant prospect could be offered.

San Jose lacks a guy other than Boyle to play with their plethora of shutdown men, and their core is nearing a dangerously delicate point of their prime where they must maximize their talent right away if they are ever going to compete for a cup.

New York has no real puckmover at the moment. Del Zotto is underperforming and Gilroy is a bottom-pairing guy. They have some interesting prospects but who knows.

Anyways it just doesn't make sense to Montreal. They have enough NHL offensive-defensive talent right now, along with the potential of prospects and injured players to not take such significant risks such as sending away an organizational need, in big top-six players, especially for a guy so hesitant to play on a team other than Toronto.

Dutch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 05:14 AM
Blaylock38
Bleeds Blue & White

I think Weber has the potential to be a double digit goal scoring defenceman, he is intriguing, but AK, I would have no interest in. I would rather use the cap dollars he would eat up on someone else.

I think the Leafs would pass on this offer, I would hope so anyway.

Last edited by Blaylock38: 02-13-2011 at 07:16 AM. Reason: missed a word
Blaylock38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:14 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

ak gone: ok. weber? not so much... he's young and already a steady d-man that can put up points. can you imagine what he's gonna be like in 5 years?

i don't want weber gone

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:19 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

I think Montreal should be trying to acquire some grit and leadership, not Kaberle. Someone like Chris Phillips.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:51 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Fuss View Post
As per Dallas Dave's twitter.

I don't know how reliable Dave is, but it's speculation on his part. Wonder how everyone thinks this offer is, if indeed Gauthier has offered those two for Kaberle.

Thought I'd share my two cents, I have a feeling that Kaberle is goner this season. Yes, I know this is year 3 or 4 of the circus surrounding him, but with the recent comments made by Burke hinting that he's not looking to sign Kaberle next summer, I think Kaberle will realize its time for a change, and it will be nice if he could get a head start at a place of his choice.

Won't be happy if Kaberle is gone. He's a rare commodity that we can choose to retain even during a rebuild, but what can you do.

He'll be much, much more appreciated if he goes to another team, a team built to compete right now.

If he is indeed gone, Montreal would be the last place I'd want him traded, but if those two are what Gauthier offers, I'd at least be intrigued.

AK has tons of talent, and could be one of those players who benefits from having a change of scenery. I would definitely give him a chance on the Leafs, and Weber is projecting to be a solid defenseman, possibly even a top 4.

Discuss.
Be mistake to move Weber. He is going to be a good one.

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:57 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Pacioretty is going no where, keep dreaming.

Your overstating the value of a player who is a UFA in a few months!

You'll get a pick and a mid tier prospect and like it...at the last minute or you'll get nothing.

Pacioertty... Lmao.... There isn't a player in the Leafs org worth his upside right now.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:39 AM
Simcoe23

AK is a meathead. Nice push on the back of Aulie into the boards last night- thats kind of play ends careers. He's full of bone-head crap like that. I dont care how talented Habs fans think he is, no thank you. Also, I'm sure Grabovski would love to play with him again (not). Might as well just kiss Grabo good bye as well then.

Weber is an intriguing prospect who is only going to get better, but I personally have no interest in that deal.

Simcoe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:04 AM
Mojo19
He's Big, He's Bald

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Thats all good, But your not getting Pacioretty for Kaberle. Its great that you think he will demand that, but he won't. IF kabs gets traded, your dream of a return vs the reality of the return will probably leave you very,very sad.
What sort of crystal ball do you have? You have no idea what will and will not happen on trade day.

Montreal doesn't have a plethora of great prospects, so I think any Kaberle trade would revolve around a 1st round pick... something like Maxwell + 1st might work.

Mojo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:04 AM
sparxx87

I wouldn't trade Mike Brown for Kostitsyn.....not even if you throw in a fringe NHL defenseman in Weber. No way this ever happens. The only player I would trade straight up for AK is Komisarek....otherwise keep the less talented but equally heartless Alex Kovalev clone.

If Habs want Kaberle, think 2nd + one of Eller or maybe Pacioretty....we have no use nor interest in your middle age players so don`t even offer them.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:14 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post

I wouldn't trade Mike Brown for Kostitsyn.....not even if you throw in a fringe NHL defenseman in Weber. No way this ever happens. The only player I would trade straight up for AK is Komisarek....otherwise keep the less talented but equally heartless Alex Kovalev clone.

If Habs want Kaberle, think 2nd + one of Eller or maybe Pacioretty....we have no use nor interest in your middle age players so don`t even offer them.
I wouldn't give the leafs either one let alone a 2nd on top of it, especially patches who is starting to become a dominant player on our roster

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:27 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

The Habs dont need Kaberle....They need a big stay at home kind of guy.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:27 AM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
I wouldn't give the leafs either one let alone a 2nd on top of it, especially patches who is starting to become a dominant player on our roster
Thats great. Kaberle has been among the top scoring defenseman for 10 years.

Habs are a roster loaded with all stars......all wayyy too valuable for Tomas Kaberle.

Your bottom pair is AHL worthy

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote