HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who's in play

Old
02-12-2011, 04:57 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Who's in play

I found this on the main trade board.It's a look at the players who are rumored to be available.

Snow tried and failed to trade up for Bogo at the 2008 draft.It wouldn't surprise me if he's kicking the tires,at least talking to Atlanta about Bogo.He'd fit right into Snow's rebuild.Snow talks about deals having to make sense for both the longterm and short term.

I'm really shocked to see Columbus' Mason on the list.Anyone know what's happened to his game,for him to be shopped at 22? Injuries?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=37673

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 05:25 PM
4Isles4*

vCash: 500
why would ATL trade Bogo and what would they want.....Bailey..

4Isles4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Paulinho
No Man's Sky

I would deal Bailey for Steve Mason. Won't ever happen though.

Paulinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Knish Of The Crease

Haha Columbus has both goalies on the market.

Knish Of The Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 05:43 PM
pattyb91

Send a message via AIM to pattyb91
Martinek is so injury prone (aside from this year) that at any second he can be out for an extended amount of time, something like that becomes a burden for a team like us. If we can get a 3rd or higher I would be more than happy.

pattyb91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 05:55 PM
pattyb91

Send a message via AIM to pattyb91
Also looking over those players, these guys are very interesting targets:

Bogosian: If we were to get him, I would be pumped. The guy is only 20 and I really believe is going to become a hell of a player. We should definitely be trying to pry him away from Atlanta.

Jakub Voracek: I don't think Columbus should move him, but if they decide to we gotta see what we can do. He is on pace for 52 points and is only 21....but I'd be surprised if they end up actually moving him.

Jamie McGinn: If he is available, it would make sense to atleast look into him. He hasn't put up many points at all but he has potential.

Steve Mason: Kid may have struggled the past few years but he has shown everyone in his rookie year that he can be a stud. If the asking price is not ridicules it wouldn't hurt to look into it even though we already have our "future" number one in Poulin

pattyb91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 06:10 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
I wouldn't.

Between Poulin,Koskinen and Nilson,I think the isles will be set in goal.
I'm not opposed to moving Bailey,but not for another goalie.

Old
02-12-2011, 06:18 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
At this point, Bailey won't get much of a return, he's probably at his lowest worth. He hasn't progressed at all in two years. We'd be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for him. That being said, he's only 20, and seeing Grabner break out at 23 is an example that 21 is too young to give up on a guy, unless the return is really good.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 06:40 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyb91 View Post
Bogosian: If we were to get him, I would be pumped. The guy is only 20 and I really believe is going to become a hell of a player. We should definitely be trying to pry him away from Atlanta.
My guess is Atlanta would want a good young forward who can contribute right now back. Not saying we should but somebody at the level of Okposo. The only other thing on our team I could see on our team being of any interest might be a package of something like Nielsen and De Haan(but I don't think that would be enough).

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 06:47 PM
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyb91 View Post

Steve Mason: Kid may have struggled the past few years but he has shown everyone in his rookie year that he can be a stud. If the asking price is not ridicules it wouldn't hurt to look into it even though we already have our "future" number one in Poulin
He had one good year followed by two bad years and will be earning $2.9M the next two years. No thanks.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Renbarg

Keep Marty. Thats my only hope. I honestly don't care if anyone else gets traded (outside the core obviously, unless its a true win).

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 08:31 PM
luki here

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
At this point, Bailey won't get much of a return, he's probably at his lowest worth. He hasn't progressed at all in two years. We'd be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for him. That being said, he's only 20, and seeing Grabner break out at 23 is an example that 21 is too young to give up on a guy, unless the return is really good.
grabner numbers have been good since a while though. This whole, he didnt make it up to now is total crap. He has been producing consistently, just didnt get major ice time in vancouver till last year and got a couple of injuries...which kept him from doing many games. At least thats what i remember without taking a second look.

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:17 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasfindl View Post
grabner numbers have been good since a while though. This whole, he didnt make it up to now is total crap. He has been producing consistently, just didnt get major ice time in vancouver till last year and got a couple of injuries...which kept him from doing many games. At least thats what i remember without taking a second look.
When Grabner was 21 he was playing in the AHL.Unlike Bailey,he wasn't rushed,was given plenty of time to develop.

Old
02-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasfindl View Post
At 21 Grabner was producing in the AHL, good goal totals but below a PPG pace. His very first games in the NHL at all were at 22, and he produced at 11pts in 20 games. Solid, given his age, but hardly what one would call consistent production. At 23 he failed to make the Panthers lineup out of camp, a team that has only one player with more than 30 points (weiss with 36 pts).

I don't see how you could say Grabner had made it until now, personally.

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:41 AM
CREW99AW

Thrasher fans have pointed out the following about Bogo,in a thread on their board:

1.He supposedly complained about playing in front of small crowds.Not good news for fans hoping he'll be dealt to the nyi if true
2.Has all the tools in the world,but doesn't show much hockey sense.
3.Hasn't been the same since breaking his femur.
4.Has a shaky relationship with his head coach.He was asked to practice at forward a couple of times in practice.We know from Streit's reaction to playing forward in Montreal,d-man don't like being asked to play forward.

Bob McKenzie thinks it's unlikely he's dealt.

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=353002
The Thrasher party line is that Bogosian came into this season expecting to be the go-to guy on the blueline and while he still plays more than 20 minutes most nights, Tobias Enstrom (currently injured) and Dustin Byfuglien are clearly ahead of him on the depth chart, and perhaps the youngster has not responded well to being dropped down in the lineup. That he maybe hasn't been as receptive to coaching from the new staff as he should be.

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-thrashe...medium=twitter
Ramsay did acknowledge “misunderstandings” between player and coach but said any issues have been resolved.