HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal makes offer for Kaberle

Old
02-13-2011, 07:30 AM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
The Habs dont need Kaberle....They need a big stay at home kind of guy.
If Columbus goes into selling mode, Habs should be looking at Hejda.

JF Omalycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:31 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Thats great. Kaberle has been among the top scoring defenseman for 10 years.

Habs are a roster loaded with all stars......all wayyy too valuable for Tomas Kaberle.

Your bottom pair is AHL worthy

I dont believe anyone said that the habs are loaded with stars and they are all too valuable to be traded for Kaberle. Its just funny Leafs fans shoot the moon and want Patches +.

Would you give up one of your best prospects to get a UFA who isnt likely to resign??

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:33 AM
billy piton

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Thats great. Kaberle has been among the top scoring defenseman for 10 years.

Habs are a roster loaded with all stars......all wayyy too valuable for Tomas Kaberle.

Your bottom pair is AHL worthy
those ahlers still managed to blank leafs last night

kaberle is not very high on our priority list since we have a lot of solid puck movers. boston would be much better fit for kabs

billy piton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:40 AM
sparxx87

Quote:
I dont believe anyone said that the habs are loaded with stars and they are all too valuable to be traded for Kaberle. Its just funny Leafs fans shoot the moon and want Patches +.

Would you give up one of your best prospects to get a UFA who isnt likely to resign??
Brian Campbell who is very comparable player(Kaberle has better numbers)...got Steve Bernier and a first rounder at a time when Bernier was still a highly thought of young player..... this was at the trade deadline, when SJ knew they couldnčt resign him and he was purely a rental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy piton View Post
those ahlers still managed to blank leafs last night

kaberle is not very high on our priority list since we have a lot of solid puck movers. boston would be much better fit for kabs
Congrats. The Leafs suck. Thats like beating a wheelchair kid at kickboxing and bragging about it. Sleep well, champ.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:55 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
and you wont have Kaberle...settled?
Kaberle is not resigning in TO, zero chance, Burke will move him for sure, he doesn't have any leverage. Watch and see.

There will be no Patches, Eller or anything close involved, no matter which team he is traded to. If TO had many players as good as AK in their lineup they would be in a playoff spot, yet they aren't even close.

It would be a mistake to give both AK and Weber for a month or two of Kaberle. I would be ok with a late 1st rd pick, Maxwell and Spacek. Take it or leave it.

Last edited by habsjunkie2*: 02-13-2011 at 08:14 AM.
habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:00 AM
Pierre Gotye

Kaberle first off, has to agree to be traded. Which means Burke would have to break his word by asking him to be traded, first major obstacle.

Second, I seriously doubt the Leafs would trade TK for AK and Weber. We already have a lot of players like AK in our lineup currently...like Versteeg, Lupul..etc. Don't need anymore guys who kind of come and go from game to game.

My guess is if there were to be a trade with the Habs it would be for a prospect.

Pacioretty or Kristo might work.

Pierre Gotye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:02 AM
Megan Fox
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ

Why does every fanbase think Kaberle is so unlikely to sign with them? He has to sign somewhere, and the majority on this board seem to know it wont be in Toronto.

Megan Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:09 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

as said about Wheeler we have

Kessel- in a bad slump right now but proven 30+ goal man with potenial to be more with a good center

Kuliemin- Looking like he might be able o be a 30+ goal guy as well he has 21 already.

Versteeg proven 20+ goal scorer

Macarthur having a great season for 1.12 mil has a chance to hit 25 this year

Armstrong- one of the best 3rd liners in the game tough as nails goes balls to the way.

Lupul- proven 20+ goal guy when healthy hasn't been healthy for a while hopefully he can get back to it and be a the player he was.

WHY do we need AK unless he is going to be flipped

IF we aquire a winger it should be a guy like Penner so we can put him with Kessel and Put to Kuliemin-Grabovski-Macarthur line back together

but the wing position is NOT the issue he might need 1 more guy but thats not AK

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentbreakaway23 View Post
Kaberle first off, has to agree to be traded. Which means Burke would have to break his word by asking him to be traded, first major obstacle.

Second, I seriously doubt the Leafs would trade TK for AK and Weber. We already have a lot of players like AK in our lineup currently...like Versteeg, Lupul..etc. Don't need anymore guys who kind of come and go from game to game.

My guess is if there were to be a trade with the Habs it would be for a prospect.

Pacioretty or Kristo might work.
yeah...Pacioretty 'might' work for Kaberle

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:16 AM
billy piton

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
as said about Wheeler we have

Kessel- in a bad slump right now but proven 30+ goal man with potenial to be more with a good center

Kuliemin- Looking like he might be able o be a 30+ goal guy as well he has 21 already.

Versteeg proven 20+ goal scorer

Macarthur having a great season for 1.12 mil has a chance to hit 25 this year

Armstrong- one of the best 3rd liners in the game tough as nails goes balls to the way.

Lupul- proven 20+ goal guy when healthy hasn't been healthy for a while hopefully he can get back to it and be a the player he was.

WHY do we need AK unless he is going to be flipped

IF we aquire a winger it should be a guy like Penner so we can put him with Kessel and Put to Kuliemin-Grabovski-Macarthur line back together

but the wing position is NOT the issue he might need 1 more guy but thats not AK
AND the habs don't really need kaberle.

billy piton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:21 AM
Megan Fox
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy piton View Post
AND the habs don't really need kaberle.
Your GM thinks otherwise.

Old
02-13-2011, 08:24 AM
racer90

i doubt this trade happens. in the end, mtl wont split up the kost brothers

racer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:27 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan Fox View Post
Your GM thinks otherwise.

I doubt it. With Subban, Wiz and Weber The Habs have enough puck movers and PP guys. They need a huge, mean stay at home kind of guy.

The only possible way it makes any sense at all is if The Habs dont plan on resigning Markov.

Old
02-13-2011, 08:29 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Bieber View Post
That ship has sailed already, friend.

But I don't see why the Habs would want Kaberle - we should be looking for a defensive defenseman a la PHillips, if anything.

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:30 AM
Bill_Crosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Bieber View Post
Tell Doc Brown to get the DeLorean

Bill_Crosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:33 AM
Pulp Fiction
RIP Wade Belak

I wouldn't do Kabby for AK + Weber as a Leafs fan. Zero interest in Kostitsyn. I really think Toronto should keep Kaberle unless they get an offer of something like 1st + prospect. In the end, I believe Kaberle will resign with the Leafs in the offseason.

Pulp Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:34 AM
Megan Fox
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ

Quote:
I doubt it. With Subban, Wiz and Weber The Habs have enough puck movers and PP guys. They need a huge, mean stay at home kind of guy.

The only possible way it makes any sense at all is if The Habs dont plan on resigning Markov.
What do you doubt? Very reputable sources claiming for weeks Montreal has been after Kaberle?

Habs probably don't want to invest more money in Markov considering he's made of butter. REALLY warm butter, too. Kaberle brings a comparable talent level and will actually play.

Old
02-13-2011, 08:36 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
No freaking hell i'd give Akost and Weber for a rental like kaberle.
I think that if the Habs acquire Kaberle, its with the intent of re-signing him for sure.

We could easily fit him in next year....he can be Hamrlik's replacement and we can still retain Markov.

I think its a fairly believable trade offer. It creates another hole in Montreal's top 6 though so you have to assume they would follow it up with another move such as bringing in Arnott or Kovalev.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:38 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Habs probably don't want to invest more money in Markov considering he's made of butter. REALLY warm butter, too. Kaberle brings a comparable talent level and will actually play.
I can't disagree with this. As much as i like Markov, if i had the opportunity to chose one of the two for next season i'd take Kaberle. In a perfect world i'd take Markov, but these are some major injuries he's gone thru the past few seasons and the Habs need to be able to count on having their #1 d-man in the lineup for the full season.

That said, they could easily fit them both in next season if they want.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:41 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
What do you doubt? Very reputable sources claiming for weeks Montreal has been after Kaberle?

The truth is none of us know what the conversations were like, or if there was even any conversations at all. We shall see I suppose. Its just my opinion that the Habs dont need Kaberle. Size up front and a stay at home Dman should be the priority

Old
02-13-2011, 08:42 AM
SensFan26

Leafs fans still think Kaberle can get them game changing player.. I can't wait until Kaberle walks for nothing.

SensFan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFan26 View Post
Leafs fans still think Kaberle can get them game changing player.. I can't wait until Kaberle walks for nothing.
exactly. and some 'think' they're getting pacioretty - the habs best forward the last 4 weeks. As a hab fan kostitsyn and weber is already overpayment imo for a UFA and i can't believe they'd even offer that. trading weber would piss off lots of hab fans.

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:51 AM
Actp
DO NOT TRADE KREJCI!

I think it is a good deal for Toronto but it seems to have both sides upset. It must be a fair deal

Actp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:51 AM
The Management

I'd have zero interest in Andrei Kostitsyn.

The Management is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Habiton

No trade gets leaked by PG, much like Lou and Bob Gainey stuff like this doesn't happen. And Patches for a rental ahahaha, I wouldn't even give him for a rental Kovalchuk in his prime! Thats a good joke leafers.

Habiton is offline   Reply With Quote