HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal makes offer for Kaberle

Old
02-13-2011, 09:55 AM
mytor4*

vCash: 500
Kostitsyn + Weber for Kaberle.
The only way i do that deal is if Kaberle agrees beforehand to resign with the Habs.
With no agreement he's not worth it.
Those wanting or even thinking that they might have a chance at Patches forget it.In no world does Kaberle get you Patches.PG is not that stupid.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Bill_Crosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habiton View Post
No trade gets leaked by PG, much like Lou and Bob Gainey stuff like this doesn't happen. And Patches for a rental ahahaha, I wouldn't even give him for a rental Kovalchuk in his prime! Thats a good joke leafers.
Well that settles it! Habiton knows all the inner workings of the Canadiens front office, if he says it's bunk, it's most certainly bunk.

Close it up

Bill_Crosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:57 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
For Montreal to get Kaberle.....Pacioretty must be included... no way around that.
and that's why you can keep Kaberle and well offer him a contract this summer

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:02 AM
hullsy47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
and that's why you can keep Kaberle and well offer him a contract this summer
somebody is gonna sign kaberle .....his short list will likly come into play ...u aquirre him with the idea u like him next fw years ....plus u gt his rights to july 1st

hullsy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:03 AM
The Brewmeister
#Winning.

Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteHockeyBunny View Post
No offense but AK is better than any single offensive player on that team. Grabovski withstanding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habiton View Post
Oh, because AK is worse than who? Grabnutski? MacArthur? Come on. AK has more skill than Kessel, and plays a better two way game when he is on. And he has size.

No way PG is that stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
No freaking hell i'd give Akost and Weber for a rental like kaberle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFan26 View Post
Leafs fans still think Kaberle can get them game changing player.. I can't wait until Kaberle walks for nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Bieber View Post
i doubt this trade happens. in the end, mtl wont split up the kost brothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsandSharksfan View Post
Ugh, Kabs in a Habs jersey...

I like you

The Brewmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:10 AM
NiL8r87

The best thing to get for Kaberle would be a prospect who has 1st line upside. We aren't going to get a currently established 1st line player, and frankly AK is allright but you know what you get with him, and we already have plenty of it on the Leafs, so I can't say I'd like this deal.

NiL8r87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:18 AM
The Brewmeister
#Winning.

Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseV87 View Post
The best thing to get for Kaberle would be a prospect who has 1st line upside. We aren't going to get a currently established 1st line player, and frankly AK is allright but you know what you get with him, and we already have plenty of it on the Leafs, so I can't say I'd like this deal.
If it was with Montreal, I think Id more be looking at Danny
Kritso + 2nd 2011

The Brewmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Falon

If Tomas Kaberle is traded to Montreal, it is because he has agreed to discuss a contract extension. It does make sense if PG has decided to abandon Markov. Not because he is a bad player, but because he wants something more reliable. That said, I believe that the offer Dallas Dave reported was likely accurate. It strikes me as similar to the deal that the leafs made for Beauchemin. It could be that both deals were bandied about and being worked on, with the Anaheim deal being triggered first.

Based on the Leafs current roster situation, I would say that the likely deal would now be Kaberle for Weber and a 1st round pick. There are too many things pointing away from the Leafs bringing in Kostitsyn. That strikes me as the kind of return the Leafs can expect for Kaberle.

Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:20 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brewmeister View Post
Kritso + 2nd 2011
This I would do.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:27 AM
Xss

we don't have a 2nd as far as i know

Xss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:31 AM
KrugLife
Registered Champion

Quote:
For Montreal to get Kaberle.....Pacioretty must be included... no way around that.

KrugLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Halifaxhab*

I can see Mtl making an offer for Kaberle (kicking the tires so to speak) but the return of AK + Weber sounds like the price Burke is asking for, not what Gauthier is offering. Mtl needs forwards with some size and skill (AK has it....when he decides to play) so why offer that for a PM dman when they have 3.5 (Spacek counts as the 0.5 because he`s usually moving the puck to the other team).

But I can see Kaberle bwing willing to waive his NTC to Mtl (Eastern team, in a playoff hunt, with some friends on it)

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:32 AM
Grabovski
Грабовский правил

Where would he play anyway. We already have too many wingers.

Macarthur - Kessel
Kulemin - Lupul
Versteeg - Armstrong

Should we move Lupul to the 3rd and Armstrong to the 4th to make room for AK lol?

Grabovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:42 AM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:
Why would we give you our most promising prospect for a rental. Burke has really sucked at his job, why would we do it for him.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:44 AM
donghabs98

vCash: 284
I wouldn't trade weber for a rental. Weber is going to get better

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:49 AM
NiL8r87

Hey besides the Kessel trade Burke's actually gotten pretty decent returns on trades D:

NiL8r87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ding ding ding! Weber is the key in this trade. He's looking like a top 4D.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Ricky Bobby

From the Leafs perspective Kosistsyn and Weber for Kaberle actually isn't that bad of a deal in terms of value if you compare it the Campbell deal.

But getting Kostitsyn doesn't address any need for us because we already have Kessel and Kulemin without a doubt ahead of him in the pecking order. Lupul isn't going anywhere cause of his contract. Armstrong is a lock for the third line cause of his playing style.

So Kostitsyn is left fighting with Versteeg, C-Mac and possibly Kadri. 3 possibly 4 guys fighting for 2 spots. Plus Toronto has Caputi, McKegg and Ross all potentially capable of taking one of there spots a few years down the road.

If Toronto were to do that deal they would need to have another trade lined up to ship out 1 or 2 of those 3-4 guys to address there center needs. The position next to goaltending that has killed them all season long.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:30 AM
donghabs98

vCash: 284
Quote:
Kritso + 2nd 2011
i would do that

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:43 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Kritso + 2nd 2011
We don't have a second this year.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:47 AM
SlappyMcGee
=w=

Toronto wouldn't want Andrei Kostitsyn because at this point he's just a great body with a stupid brain.

Weber has potential to replace Kaberle in a while maybe but no matter what way you look at it, he probably won't. Even if he does, Burke's been trading in the last two years to make this a team -now-. Unless his gameplan has changed and he wants to go through a rebuild process -- what he's done is not a rebuild and so he'd basically have to restart and you'd be looking at another 3-4 years of rebuild -- I don't see him considering a big piece like Kaberle as a rental.

As far as the hints go, I haven't read a lot about them but they seem a little exagerrated. It's pretty clear that Kab likes the city of Toronto, or he would have waived previously. Additionally, if he's buying into Burke's rebuild, I can see him signing for a bit of underpayment.

Montreal doesn't need Tomas Kaberle. If healthy, and we resign Wizniewski, we have one of the most elite six D-men in the league. And since we'd keep Weber, we'd have some prospect in the pipe anyhow. I realize we're not healthy going into these playoffs, but by trading away two players like Akos and Weber, you have to think PG believes he has a chance of enamoring Kaberle to the city. And as far as this year goes, we need to add a bit of scoring from the forwards, if we're renting. Our defense is pretty solid.

Ultimately, bad trade.

SlappyMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:48 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

I wouldn't offer Weber straight up for Kaberle. Kaberle isn't a piece we need to make us favourites, and Weber will be better than Kaberle in 3-4 years when Weber heats up and Kaberle slows down. A deal I would consider is Wisniewski/Maxwell/3rd in 2012 for Kaberle. Mostly because I have no interest in keeping Wiz past this year with Weber/Subban/Markov as our puck movers. Mostly I'd want Kaberle to pair with Weber anyways.

A top four of Markov/Subban and Kaberle/Weber, with Gorges and whoever(Gill/Spacek/Hamrlik/Emelin/UFA signing) as the bottom pairing/shutdown pair would be nice.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:57 AM
BozakKadriKessel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteHockeyBunny View Post
No offense but AK is better than any single offensive player on that team. Grabovski withstanding.

AK plays in a very confined and defensive system. He could potentially explode point wise in a more open leafs system.
and I thought it was only clueless leaf fans that overrated their players by a large amount... Well if he is so much better than kessel and kuli why would they have to add to get kabby.. who everyone claims is only going for a 2rd pick and a b level prospect... I would like to think that Burke def says no to this deal.. AK is awful, and weber is a good prospect but toronto have too many d-men now.... and so many more coming up... blacker, mikus, holzner, gardiner than we have gunner,and aulie in the system now... there is just no room for him. so I don't think he would like this deal.. def got to be a prospect that can be a top six in the future... I got my doubts that ak is even top six on toronto .....

Kuli Grabo Kessel
Mccarthur Bozak Lupul
Versteeg Armstrong..

Toronto would probably ask for a center or a big winger ( but with more skill than AK cause he is simply terrible)

BozakKadriKessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:01 PM
BozakKadriKessel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
I wouldn't offer Weber straight up for Kaberle. Kaberle isn't a piece we need to make us favourites, and Weber will be better than Kaberle in 3-4 years when Weber heats up and Kaberle slows down. A deal I would consider is Wisniewski/Maxwell/3rd in 2012 for Kaberle. Mostly because I have no interest in keeping Wiz past this year with Weber/Subban/Markov as our puck movers. Mostly I'd want Kaberle to pair with Weber anyways.

A top four of Markov/Subban and Kaberle/Weber, with Gorges and whoever(Gill/Spacek/Hamrlik/Emelin/UFA signing) as the bottom pairing/shutdown pair would be nice.

O.k.. so you want Marakov/Subban and kabby/weber.....so.... who do you count on to play defence here? Kabby is a soft d-man plays good positional d but not overly physical while neither is weber... Than marakov is hurt ave my doubts montreal will even bring him back.. and subban has ups and downs.. Every seems to think this guy is great.. No doubt a good d-man to come.. but he is a better offensive d-man as well than a defensive d-man.. If I recall in the playoffs he was destroyed by the flyers they seemed to dominant of his mistakes.. He is very careless with the puck and trys to beat the whole team by himself sometimes with his rushes.. Sometimes don't bother to use the teamates around him... He needs to become more wise... So I don't think that would be a very good match for the top two defensive pairs... but w.e works for you guys I guess just my thought on it..

BozakKadriKessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Remotion

Quote:

I like you
If you're going to use pictures to try to justify a point, at least choose pictures that are grammatically correct.

Remotion is offline   Reply With Quote