HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 3-0! Saved by the buoyancy of citrus!

Old
02-13-2011, 09:17 AM
Habs

vCash: 500
Probably about as dirty as Subban's slew foot.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:18 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 216
****ing tsn whining about pk not taking his helmet off when was lupals own fault for lundging at pk then they didnt show pk punch the **** out of lupal
I got really no use for them and their leaf homer attitude anymore

It was dirty yes

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:28 AM
Sebaldian

Worth a 2 minute penalty.

Sebaldian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Treal

It wouldn't be the first time someone fought someone else who wasn't totally ready.

Words of advice to Lupul, don't lunge towards a guy while taking off your helmet.

Whatever Subban does or doesn't do is always becoming a hot topic in the media. It's ridiculous!

Treal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:33 AM
Strokes

Was his hit warranted a penalty? My answer would be a YES. Was it dirty, I can't really answer that, Pacs wasn't expecting to get hit, so he ended putting himself in a bad position. In conclusion, I'm iffy on the whole dirty part.

Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:35 AM
habsjunkie2*

Was a penalty, that's about it.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:48 AM
Habbadasher

When Subban doesn't fight a guy who is two weight classes higher he is chicken, when he fights a guy who onw weight class higher, he "jumped" the guy. It is obvious that Lupul was surprised, but that was his fault for being so close after clearly signaling his intention to fight.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:52 AM

Again, i've given up trying to defend Subban...it's futile. It doesn't matter what he does or doesn't do, or says or doesn't say, he's always going to get the short end of the stick from the media/fans because of perception.

The perception is that he's a dirty, self-absorbed, self-promoting and a jack***...so he could open up a school for under-priveledged youth and people would still paint him as a self-absorbed jerk

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:00 AM
FuriousBob

Lupul as things to learn to in the NHL like how not to get buried in the minors before the end of the season.

FuriousBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
P.S I just looked at it again, Subban faked taking off his helmet while Lupul was and Subban started punching him.
Oh come on. There is absolutely no indication that Subban faked anything - he clearly had his hand up to his chin strap at the same time Lupul did, and brought it down once they got lose. Their momentum brought them together.

The whole moment happened way too fast for Subban to consider:

"Hey, if I put my hand up to my helmet to make it seem as if I were actually removing it for the purpose of this tussle, the the gentleman opposite me will be duped, and it is I who will have the upper hand!"

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:29 AM
HabsoluteFate

i'm really getting sick of this trash talk on Pk Subban...this time on the new Leaf player about how Subban didnt wait until he got his helmet off.

what about the slapshot on PK Subban? That should be an automatic penalty...someone in the habs dressing room needs to speak up about these things...

the game against the bruins what about the two times there was a montreal player down and the bruins player was classless and kept hitting? at least montreal showed more class twice and did not hit the player that was already down.

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:51 AM
donghabs98

vCash: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommallionta View Post
nice pic

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:22 AM
planegoalie

After going to 2 games at the ACC and watching them lose, seeing them at home killing the leafs is as sweet as it gets. Having a leaf fan next to you...Priceless.

planegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:37 AM
SU66AN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Again, i've given up trying to defend Subban...it's futile. It doesn't matter what he does or doesn't do, or says or doesn't say, he's always going to get the short end of the stick from the media/fans because of perception.

The perception is that he's a dirty, self-absorbed, self-promoting and a jack***...so he could open up a school for under-priveledged youth and people would still paint him as a self-absorbed jerk
PK would only open up a school for the under-privileged if he could write it off as a tax benefit.

I've been reading the boards for quite some time and have seen you defending PK in the past (if you're the guy that had the Wiz Khalifa avatar). The hate is beyond annoying.

SU66AN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:45 AM
yathehabsrule

Lupul calls out Subban

Leave it to the Toronto Sun to sneak this in at 1 in the morning.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hoc.../17257026.html

You will find some evidence on this link that Lupul doesn't practice what he preaches.

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/20...ti-subban-list

yathehabsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Habskrieg

Lupul is just a hypocrite. He got traded cause Laffs wanted his grit and knows he can fight. But PK handed his ass over to him.

PK is just getting a lot of flak for being a big mouth about his skills. Thing is, it infuriates players and other teams when PK actually has skill to back up his talk. So players sent out indirect threats, complain how 'cheap'' he is, so players around the league get the same impression and justify their actions towards him.

Habskrieg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:54 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 216
Lupal got beat and went at pk while was trying to get his helmet off so pk stopped and tgrew his fists
Lupal is just another ***** on the leafs

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:54 AM
MarkovsKnee

No he didn't. The Toronto Star did an article as well and Lupul said he has NO problem with P.K. He thought he was a great player.

People are just trying to get into P.K.'s head. I wish our board would ignore and stop propagating this crap.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:58 AM
JayBee*

Damn near the entire league fights with visors on. Only seems to be an issue if Subban's involved. LOL @ things having to be fair when Habs are not at the receiving end. LOL @ there only being a "code" when the Habs are not on the receiving end.

PK, should call a press conference to apologize for kicking Lupul's ass.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:01 PM
habfaninvictoria

I don't want to side with the Leafs guy on this but....

Lupul was going for his helmet, and it looked like PK was too (his right hand right near the beginning of the fight.

PK is a good player, who is going to be great. I have no problem with him talking smack or getting under other players skin. I do have a problem with some of his antics though, and this is an example. This kind of thing will leave a stain on him.

He'd be better off to stick with playing, he's very good at it.

I can only imagine how tough it was for him as a kid playing hockey. He was probably insulted and assaulted at every turn. He's developed his coping methods, which until now have served him quite well, but now he's a pro and needs to act like it.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:02 PM
HabsByTheBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
I said the same thing in a thread on the main board earlier. It seems as though the Habs are the team that everyone has chosen to hate.

I don't really understand why they get hated on so much. .

That's why. Especially if you're a Leafs or Bruins fan and see Hab wins that actually happened in your lifetime, unlike your own team.

HabsByTheBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Aarex

I agree, lupal started taking his helm off, so PK started and lupal skated at subban while removing his helmet. PK simply defended himself. I woulda done the same.

Aarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:07 PM
SU66AN

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
I don't want to side with the Leafs guy on this but....

Lupul was going for his helmet, and it looked like PK was too (his right hand right near the beginning of the fight.

PK is a good player, who is going to be great. I have no problem with him talking smack or getting under other players skin. I do have a problem with some of his antics though, and this is an example. This kind of thing will leave a stain on him.

He'd be better off to stick with playing, he's very good at it.

I can only imagine how tough it was for him as a kid playing hockey. He was probably insulted and assaulted at every turn. He's developed his coping methods, which until now have served him quite well, but now he's a pro and needs to act like it.
Um... what? How was that an antic?

SU66AN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Clarke MacArthur lunges at Jaroslav Spacek as Spacek's helmet is leaving his hands? A-OK.

"Tough guy" Shawn Thornton jumps Roman Hamrlik at the end of a game? No problem, that's old time hockey.

Subban punches a guy who's dropped his gloves and is skating towards him looking for a fight? What a ****ing punk.

At this point Subban should just go balls-to-the-wall and hurt people out there. If he's gonna have that reputation he should at least do something to deserve it.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

PK and Lupul both started taking their helmets off, but then they skated close to one another and were within range, so PK threw one.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote