HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Leafs-Nashville

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2011, 11:11 AM
  #1
TheLaughsWeKnow*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,722
vCash: 500
Leafs-Nashville

to
Hornqvist
Sulzer

to
Versteeg
Gunnarsson
Caputi

TheLaughsWeKnow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:14 AM
  #2
Sterling31
YNWA - TML
 
Sterling31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,816
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaughsWeKnow View Post
to
Hornqvist
Sulzer

to
Versteeg
Gunnarsson
Caputi


Im thinking

Weber
for
Gunnarsson
Caputi
Mitchell (John , not dale [dont get your hopes up])

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:14 AM
  #3
Leafssss
Registered User
 
Leafssss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: CANADA
Posts: 4,167
vCash: 500
Don't really want Hornqvist atm.

Leafssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:14 AM
  #4
Vladimir Tarasenko*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaughsWeKnow View Post
to
Hornqvist
Sulzer

to
Versteeg
Gunnarsson
Caputi
Hm, not bad actually. I would do it.

Vladimir Tarasenko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:15 AM
  #5
TrollololBoyle
Registered User
 
TrollololBoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 2,672
vCash: 500
Take out Gunnarson, Caputi, and Sulzer, and it's a lateral move at best, but I'd rather have Hornqvist. Nashville says no.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:16 AM
  #6
Regina Pat
Keep Kadri
 
Regina Pat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The ODR
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Im thinking

Weber
for
Gunnarsson
Caputi
Mitchell (John , not dale [dont get your hopes up])
Are you for realizies?

Regina Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:18 AM
  #7
Sundinftw
Registered User
 
Sundinftw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Im thinking

Weber
for
Gunnarsson
Caputi
Mitchell (John , not dale [dont get your hopes up])
haha ur hilarious man

Sundinftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:19 AM
  #8
glenngineer
HFB Partner
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,528
vCash: 500
How about instead Nashville offers up O'Reilly for Schenn and Kadri. When will the stupid offers for Weber ever end? Really? For the love of all things holy, if you're going to bring up Weber or Suter, Schenn and Kadri are part of the deal and when I say part of the deal it's Schenn, Kadri + for Weber OR Suter, not both of them. They are established top pairing defensemen. If you want them, pay for them but to offer shavings off of your roster is ridiculous and an insult to anyone with hockey intelligence.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:20 AM
  #9
Jesus Toews*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Davis, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,886
vCash: 500
You do realize Hornqvist scored 30 goals last year as a 23-year-old, right? And that Versteeg will never sniff that total? And that the other two players are more or less junk that would not even register on the Preds' depth chart?

Jesus Toews* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:21 AM
  #10
TrollololBoyle
Registered User
 
TrollololBoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 2,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
How about instead Nashville offers up O'Reilly for Schenn and Kadri. When will the stupid offers for Weber ever end? Really? For the love of all things holy, if you're going to bring up Weber or Suter, Schenn and Kadri are part of the deal and when I say part of the deal it's Schenn, Kadri + for Weber OR Suter, not both of them. They are established top pairing defensemen. If you want them, pay for them but to offer shavings off of your roster is ridiculous and an insult to anyone with hockey intelligence.
They want Colin Wilson too now

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:22 AM
  #11
glenngineer
HFB Partner
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
They want Colin Wilson too now
That is pretty funny. Sad thing is, I wouldn't trade Wilson and either Weber/Suter for the entire Maple Leafs roster. They have nothing I'd be interested in. I jest of course but outside of Schenn, Kulemin and Kadri, who do they have that would be an improvement for us in Nashville?

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:25 AM
  #12
Predsrule
Registered User
 
Predsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
They want Colin Wilson too now
hmm only if they throw in Orr

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:25 AM
  #13
Loso
Registered User
 
Loso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Are you guys ****ing stupid?

The guy who made the Weber proposal was obviously joking, did you not see the line about Mitchell?

Loso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:26 AM
  #14
TheLaughsWeKnow*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,722
vCash: 500
Versteeg is on pace for 50+ points in the leaf's third line, Hornqvist is a 30 goal scorer. Gunnarsson can equal the value of Versteeg and Hornqvist, and Caputi for Sulzer is fair.

TheLaughsWeKnow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:26 AM
  #15
Jesus Toews*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Davis, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
That is pretty funny. Sad thing is, I wouldn't trade Wilson and either Weber/Suter for the entire Maple Leafs roster. They have nothing I'd be interested in. I jest of course but outside of Schenn, Kulemin and Kadri, who do they have that would be an improvement for us in Nashville?
They have nothing anyone is interested in yet their fans feel entitled to make a thousand proposals offering their junk for the top prospects and high-end young players of other organizations who, you know, drafted top prospects and developed them into high-end young players. I thought these inane threads would stop after Beauchemin was dealt but I guess I was wrong.

Jesus Toews* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:26 AM
  #16
Ryan English
@ryanenglish_FC
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
value isn't too far off, but nashville needs offense and hornqvist >> versteeg offensively (please don't throw stats at me hornqvist is a 30 goal guy). It would take a big overpayment for hornqvist.

and yes, Gunnarson and Caputi would register on nashvilles depth chart.

Ryan English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:27 AM
  #17
Vladimir Tarasenko*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripe4theSnipe View Post
Are you guys ****ing stupid?

The guy who made the Weber proposal was obviously joking, did you not see the line about Mitchell?
lol this

people have no sense of humor on these boards

Vladimir Tarasenko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:28 AM
  #18
Predsrule
Registered User
 
Predsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripe4theSnipe View Post
Are you guys ****ing stupid?

The guy who made the Weber proposal was obviously joking, did you not see the line about Mitchell?
people refuse to believe sarcasm when it comes to the leafs it makes them feel better about trolling them.. dont you know this by now lol

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:28 AM
  #19
glenngineer
HFB Partner
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Gerard View Post
value isn't too far off, but nashville needs offense and hornqvist >> versteeg offensively (please don't throw stats at me hornqvist is a 30 goal guy). It would take a big overpayment for hornqvist.

and yes, Gunnarson and Caputi would register on nashvilles depth chart.
Except the value isn't even close to fair in the Weber offer, regardless if it was serious or in jest.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:30 AM
  #20
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,741
vCash: 500
Anyone else notice the Toronto to Nashville trades have skyrocketed since Fisher was traded to Nashville?

It's like, 'THEY GOT FISHER! *HATE!*'

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:32 AM
  #21
glenngineer
HFB Partner
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
be careful glenn. i just received a trolling warning for a proposal. apparently, it is all good fun when you are a receiving value, but when you get proposed something as fair, the mods get theirs in a wad and start warning you. double standards here are dumb here.
Of course you did. We're just stupid Nashville fans. How could we know more than Leafs fans about hockey. We don't know the value of top end talent versus the wasteland of players that are put on the ice on a nightly basis by the Leafs. Let's see, let's draft well, develop players, develop a system that puts our guys in the playoffs consistently but we know nothing of hockey.

Oh wait, that's right, I grew up watching how that was done in the late 70's watching the Islanders turn their franchise into a dynasty. Oh wait, I was also a fan of the Canadiens for years before becoming a Preds fan. I got to watch guys like Robinson, Langway, LaFleur, Carbonneau, Chelios, Roy, etc winning Cup after Cup but then again, I'm just a dumb American who knows nothing about hockey.

Guess I'll just sit here and watch as my intelligence is insulted post after post of dumb trade proposals which would never happen in reality but then again, I guess there are some places in the NHL where there are fairy tale never neverlands where hockey takes place and silly trade offers ACTUALLY happen.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:33 AM
  #22
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 12,629
vCash: 500
We're not trading our leading goal scorer.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:39 AM
  #23
Flames Fanatic
Unclenched
 
Flames Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cochrane
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,824
vCash: 1127
Hornqvist is arguably Nashville's greatest offensive threat. He put up 30 goals at the age of 23 on one of the teams that doesn't often produce top scoring forward simply because of their score by committee and work hard system. I think they'll keep him over guys that they don't need/want.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:40 AM
  #24
thinkinfeller
Registered User
 
thinkinfeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Of course you did. We're just stupid Nashville fans. How could we know more than Leafs fans about hockey. We don't know the value of top end talent versus the wasteland of players that are put on the ice on a nightly basis by the Leafs. Let's see, let's draft well, develop players, develop a system that puts our guys in the playoffs consistently but we know nothing of hockey.

Oh wait, that's right, I grew up watching how that was done in the late 70's watching the Islanders turn their franchise into a dynasty. Oh wait, I was also a fan of the Canadiens for years before becoming a Preds fan. I got to watch guys like Robinson, Langway, LaFleur, Carbonneau, Chelios, Roy, etc winning Cup after Cup but then again, I'm just a dumb American who knows nothing about hockey.

Guess I'll just sit here and watch as my intelligence is insulted post after post of dumb trade proposals which would never happen in reality but then again, I guess there are some places in the NHL where there are fairy tale never neverlands where hockey takes place and silly trade offers ACTUALLY happen.
I'm not really sure what your hockey i.q is (dont care), but lets not correlate it to the way that your franchise of choice is ran. Just because Nashville is more competitive than Toronto does not mean that it's fanbase is entitled to feel superior/smarter/more loyal than the fans in Toronto.

Your post reeks of disdain for the Toronto Maple Leafs, thats pretty cool, but if you think your the only one on the boards who has seen the Canadians win the Stanley Cup you should give your head a shake old timer.

Edit -- Just so we're clear, there are just as many Leafs fans who wish the proposals would stop, but it's hard to unify a fanbase as large as ours.

thinkinfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:50 AM
  #25
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Air Canada Center
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,011
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Im thinking

Weber
for
Gunnarsson
Caputi
Mitchell (John , not dale [dont get your hopes up])
seems fair to me

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.