HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Yandle to Boston

Old
02-13-2011, 11:00 AM
DesertDawg

vCash: 500
Comparing Lucic to Yandle is like comparing apples to oranges. If you added each player to the other team without moving roster players, each team would be greatly improved. If you move either player it would drastically change the makeup of each team and a void is created that can't be easily fixed.
Now if the Coyotes were to move Yandle (which I'm sure they will not) for draft picks then why would they not wait until the off season when more teams have salary cap flexibility, not hurt their chances to make the playoffs now, and know exactly where the pick is in the order of selection.
Most HF OP's ask what it will take to get core players. Of course it would be for over-payments which fuels reaction and resentment of these suggestions of the over-payments.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:01 AM
RunFromTheBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatson783 View Post
Yes.

Yes it does.
Caron, Paille, Thornton or Campbell would be moved to the third line. The offense is already weak IMO. No true scorer on this team.

Yandle would be the 2nd best defenseman but the drop off from Yandle to Kampfer/Mcquaid/Stuart/Boychuk is a lot less than the drop off from Lucic to the four guys I mentioned above.

RunFromTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:17 AM
SpeakingOfTheDevils
Devils Advocate

To PHX: Tor 1st, Tyler Seguin, Colborne

To BOS: Yandle

???

SpeakingOfTheDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:24 AM
RunFromTheBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils3034 View Post

???
Bruins would be better off snatching him up as a UFA. They would only owe at worst four bottom half of the first round draft picks, opposed to a top 5, #2 and #16 overall.

Old
02-13-2011, 11:32 AM
doofydoofer08*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
Bruins fans are looking pretty clueless in this thread.

And if you wouldn't trade Lucic straight up for Yandle, you are without a doubt a homer.

people on here are so dumb please just root for your team and not try the help the bruins or say trading lucic for yandle is smart for the bruins idiots on here

doofydoofer08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:56 AM
RunFromTheBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doofydoofer08 View Post

people on here are so dumb please just root for your team and not try the help the bruins or say trading lucic for yandle is smart for the bruins idiots on here
People speak english on this board.

Old
02-13-2011, 12:01 PM
rockinghockey

Yandle is the young dman that every team wants. They will not trade him to anyone, unless it is a huge over payment, and I mean huge.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:04 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
Bruins would be better off snatching him up as a UFA. They would only owe at worst four bottom half of the first round draft picks, opposed to a top 5, #2 and #16 overall.
Yandle won't be a UFA until after his next contract, he will only be an RFA @ season's end

Quote:

???
It wouldn't be considered until after the season...

Old
02-13-2011, 12:06 PM
NiL8r87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
They would.
Pretty sure if Maloney was offered that package for Yandle plus one of his testicles he would still take that deal.

NiL8r87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Dougie Seguin
2011 Cup Champs

Quote:

???
Think thats to little to Phoenix, Rask should be involved to

Dougie Seguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:15 PM
SlappyMcGee
=w=

DesertDawg has the right of it. Lucic is awesome, and an incredibly valuable asset. Yandle is in that exact same boat.

SlappyMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:23 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

I like Yandle, but personally I think it would take too much to acquire him. I don't want the Bruins to have to have unload core roster players like Lucic to acquire a PMD(even if it's Yandle). I'd rather unload from a strength like prospects/picks to make something happen.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:24 PM
ducky

Quote:

???
That is about what it would take IMO.

It would still be a tough sell for the Coyotes. Yandle is now a proven top dman. Seguin and Colborne are still prospects (shades of Selanne for Kilger and Tverdovsky anyone?).

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Coyote_Fan

quit it with Yandle. he's the best player on the Coyotes and one of the top few young defensemen in the NHL. he's not available and if he was to become available it would take a ton to get him. the only reason you people think you can come up with your lowball offers is because of the Coyotes questionable ownership. go bother Kings fans for Johnson or Doughty. he's just as available as those two are.

the worst of this is that you offer crappy then when a Coyotes fan comes back with more you scream oh your overrating him. if he's so overrated why do you want him?

if Yandle were to be traded to the Bruins the price starts with Seguin and the Leafs #1 this season and builds (and it would build) from there. anything else get you hung up on.

Coyote_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:28 PM
RunFromTheBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
I like Yandle, but personally I think it would take too much to acquire him. I don't want the Bruins to have to have unload core roster players like Lucic to acquire a PMD(even if it's Yandle). I'd rather unload from a strength like prospects/picks to make something happen.
Agreed. It seems you could offer the Coyotes the moon and the fans would want more.

Bruins should just go get Liles, and try and pick up Yandle after next season. Who wouldn't want to sign their first unrestricted contract with their hometown team?

Old
02-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
Bruins fans are looking pretty clueless in this thread.

And if you wouldn't trade Lucic straight up for Yandle, you are without a doubt a homer.
Yandle is better at what he does than Lucic. But I wouldn't trade Lucic for Yandle. I'd never trade a forward for a defenseman unless there is a huge difference in talent. There's a difference. Just not big enough for me. So while I wouldn't trade Lucic for Yandle, that's just because of what positions I value. People who say Lucic is better than Yandle right now are being homers.

Ten Thousand Hours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:34 PM
RunFromTheBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
quit it with Yandle. he's the best player on the Coyotes and one of the top few young defensemen in the NHL. he's not available and if he was to become available it would take a ton to get him. the only reason you people think you can come up with your lowball offers is because of the Coyotes questionable ownership. go bother Kings fans for Johnson or Doughty. he's just as available as those two are.

the worst of this is that you offer crappy then when a Coyotes fan comes back with more you scream oh your overrating him. if he's so overrated why do you want him?

if Yandle were to be traded to the Bruins the price starts with Seguin and the Leafs #1 this season and builds (and it would build) from there. anything else get you hung up on.
No one said he was overrated.

He is going to be a RFA, and a unrestricted the following year. Coyotes also have to put up a market value deal, which probably won't happen.

Yandle's value will never be higher than it is right now.

Yandle has been very good the past couple of years, but he has only been considered elite for a short time.

At most he is worth 4 first round picks in the 16-30 range...or value equivalent to that.

Old
02-13-2011, 12:35 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

This thread is filled with more stupidity than I've seen in any thread in years. I thought there was a minimum age requirement for this board. So why is this this thread so obviously populated with so many pre-teens?

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:37 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
Agreed. It seems you could offer the Coyotes the moon and the fans would want more.

Bruins should just go get Liles, and try and pick up Yandle after next season. Who wouldn't want to sign their first unrestricted contract with their hometown team?
why do you think that KY will be an UFA after next season or that he would leave the Coyotes for the Bruins. He likes it there, he is a great fit, and the Coyotes are a great organization...

Old
02-13-2011, 12:44 PM
RunFromTheBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
why do you think that KY will be an UFA after next season or that he would leave the Coyotes for the Bruins. He likes it there, he is a great fit, and the Coyotes are a great organization...
He is a RFA, if he is signed to a crazy deal by someone else and not matched, Coyotes will get up to 4 first rounders. Most likely it would be 2 firsts, 1 second and 1 third.

If he goes to UFA, there is 0 chance he goes back to Phoenix. He will be offered more money elsewhere and/or will sign with a team that has more stability.

He is also from the Boston area.

Old
02-13-2011, 12:47 PM
AvalancheRy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucicTrain* View Post
nope. i love Lucic. he's game changer that doesnt even have to show up on the stat sheet to be the most effective player on the ice. 22 year old power forward's who are physical beasts with 30+ goal touch dont come around everyday. trust me id love to have Yandle and he's a great player, i layed out a more than fair offer for him early in this thread, but Lucic is more valuable to Boston than Yandle is. he's one of their leaders and a future captain of the Bruins. opposing teams fear him, he's very tough to play against. a rare blend of size, strength and skill in today's NHL. i would only give him up for a handful of players in the NHL and Yandle is not one of them. again please dont take this as a knock on Yandle.
I get that you love Lucic. He is awesome. If however Phoenix offers a trade of Yandle for Lucic it will happen.

The thing is everyone is only now getting to know Yandle, but he was playing really well last year too. I heard he was being considered for the US Olympic team last year. The dude is money.

AvalancheRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post

Lol, what makes you or think this? The team has NEVER made money, ever. They've only started to compete last year. The fan base barely shows up for games(even free games) and the team has to fake attendance numbers. Maybe they enjoy the weather and golf, but what else could there be?

Old
02-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote_Fan View Post

Just some advice try relaxing and if that doesn't work, then don't read or respond to threads that will upset you. Pretty simple, hey?

Old
02-13-2011, 01:00 PM
SlappyMcGee
=w=

Quote:
[/B]

Lol, what makes you or think this? The team has NEVER made money, ever. They've only started to compete last year. The fan base barely shows up for games(even free games) and the team has to fake attendance numbers. Maybe they enjoy the weather and golf, but what else could there be?
This is sort of a reductive view. Gretzky was an awful coach and the team is in Arizona. They've also turned themselves from a bottom-feeder into legit contenders in a matter of two years. Pretty great organization considering they have no money...

SlappyMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:09 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
[/B]

I did say a great organization and didn't mention how successful they are. Maloney and Tippett are a great tandem, and I question an organization that signs a player during the off season and then asks him to waive his NTC before the trade deadline or other dealings that the Bruins have done in the past.