HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 3-0! Saved by the buoyancy of citrus!

Old
02-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Picaroon

vCash: 500
That Clarke McCarthur vid should pretty much leave a clean slate here.

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Gary320

It was a reactionary move. Yeah it's easy to say from our couches that it was a cheap shot.. but with all the chirping and shots the two have took at each other during the game, PK didn't know what to expect and with Lupul coming closer to him, what do you expect Subban to do? REACTION. PUNCH. If Lupul won the fight, different story..

Gary320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:30 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsonhab View Post
That Clarke McCarthur vid should pretty much leave a clean slate here.
And if not that, then the whole Bruins fiasco should show the world there's no proper way to break the rules.

Fighting is against the rules in hockey. If you want to go the Laraque route and believe you follow some honourable code in how you break these rules, fine. Just don't complain when the other guy doesn't follow your Marquess of Queensberry code.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:43 AM
shutehinside

I don't get why so many players are calling out Subban when they're guilty of doing the same things they're pissed at him for. Between Richards, Marchand, Lucic, Lupal etc. they're all living in glass houses and throwing stones. Do they not realize we live in a digital world and have unlimited access to all they **** they've done in the past. How retarded do you have to be do that?

The mere fact that they have to vent their frustrations on TV is because they can't do it out on the ice. PK made Lupal his ***** and Lupal acted like one after the game. Maybe Lupal should focus on staying in the league rather then belly aching about a superior player.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:56 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
No he didn't. The Toronto Star did an article as well and Lupul said he has NO problem with P.K. He thought he was a great player.

People are just trying to get into P.K.'s head. I wish our board would ignore and stop propagating this crap.
+1

Yea Lupul said a few words. Why turn around and act like children and call him names.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 12:43 PM
PricePkPatch

Bloody hell, I wrote a post 50 minutes ago, and it was apparently deleted for no reason.

I asked if somebody had a recording of the Commentaries of Dany Dube's, ok CKAC, between the 2nd and 3rd period. I know he talked about the fights happening recently in the NHL, I'd like to listen to it.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Oh man I hate the Toronto whiners and i'm including the media too. I'm watching the highlights on TSN and the supposed impartial announcer say "so PK Subban and Lupul fight and Subban jumps Lupul when he was trying to take out his helmet!". Excuse me? This is the news, not a opinion piece.

No to mention Cherry who congradulates Lupul but not Subban.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 02:11 PM
ChoseLa

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 02:20 PM
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
It was a reactionary move. Yeah it's easy to say from our couches that it was a cheap shot.. but with all the chirping and shots the two have took at each other during the game, PK didn't know what to expect and with Lupul coming closer to him, what do you expect Subban to do? REACTION. PUNCH. If Lupul won the fight, different story..
If Lupul won the fight, Leaf fans would call Subban a cheapshot artist AND be all over Lupul's knob for beating down PK. We'd have to endure thread after thread about Lupul on HF, hear about Burke's amazing trading abilities again for another year and a half (based on how much we heard about the Kessel deal until they started getting tired of Kessel sucking), and we'd never hear the end of Lupul beating down Subban.

I would wish for nothing but a draw in any Subban fight because win or lose, we lose.

Dekar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:04 PM
KareyPrice

too be fair after watching the fight lupal pointed to his helmet and while trying to take off his helmet he was skating towards subban so i have no clue what lupal was expecting skating towards someone while taking ur helmet off....

KareyPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:21 PM
JayBee*

This is such a frigging non-issue, but because it's Subban, there's a problem.

The level of hypocrisy makes me sick.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:22 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
Kaberle was there before BB, though.

Phaneuf was never a good puck mover, he was a major turnover factory in Cgy, that's why they dealt him. The whole league knew Phaneuf was crap. He just lived off his rep from his earlier years.
There's no doubt that he struggled last year before he was dealt but his first few years were great. At the very least I'd have expected some improvement. He's still in his early 20s. But instead, he's worse than ever.
Quote:
We knew Komi was on a long, slow and painful downward spiral...
He's another guy I thought would bounce back. Again, he's worse than ever.
Quote:
And Giggy is known as being extremely inconsistent, at best.
Not exactly Brodeur, but again... I thought he'd be better than he's been.
Quote:
The only deal he made, which surprised me, was Beuchemin. I thought he'd be much better.

Kessel is pretty much, Kessel. I always thought he was who he is now. If not for Savards sweet passes, he never would had gotten the totals he did in Boston, IMO.
I thought both guys would be better but with Kessel i wouldn't have made that deal either. He can be part of a winning team but he's not the kind of player that you build your foundation around.

Anyways, Burke got the worst out of each one of those players. I guess it's payback for the ridiculous luck he had in Anaheim.
Quote:
Burke GM's like he's playing PS3. He did the same in Vancouver, and drove that team into the ground, and then sat his fat behind on it, so it had no chance to get back up.
Be fair, he got them the Sedins and I think he brought in Luongo too didn't he?
Quote:
His success in Ana was mostly pure luck. Pronger fell into his lap, as did Neidermeyer. Most of the rest of the key pieces were already there for him.
Totally agree. And you forgot Selanne who inexplicably turned back into a 50 goal scorer after years of suckage.
Quote:
Burke sucks.
He certainly hasn't looked good in TO.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:25 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treal View Post
It wouldn't be the first time someone fought someone else who wasn't totally ready.

Words of advice to Lupul, don't lunge towards a guy while taking off your helmet.

Whatever Subban does or doesn't do is always becoming a hot topic in the media. It's ridiculous!
McArthur is a good ole Canadian boy... Didn't you know...."good ole Canadian boys" get a free pass to do these kind of things? Especially when it's against a "soft" "classless" "heartless" euro. Funny how things work.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:59 PM
habsman56
Habs&Hoops

habsman56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 04:10 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
I asked if somebody had a recording of the Commentaries of Dany Dube's, ok CKAC, between the 2nd and 3rd period. I know he talked about the fights happening recently in the NHL, I'd like to listen to it.
Nobody?

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote