HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor/Phi

Old
02-13-2011, 01:02 PM
Pual Statsny
Overpaid, overrated

vCash: 500
That's good, but I think that CO and Philly make better partners.

Philly:
JVR
Giroux
1st

for

Col
Anderson
Hunwick
Galiardi

ugh. I feel dirty writing that.

Pual Statsny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Jray42

vCash: 91
To put things into perspective, you guys traded Vesa Toskala's 4million salary and Jason Blake's 4million salary for a slightly younger non injured Giguere.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Rpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Leafs fans......
Hey now don't say that. I know that sometimes it sure seems like all Leaf fans are clueless and overate their players immensely but there are some smart and knowledgeable ones too.

Rpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

vCash: 50
Well, thats another reason for every other fan to hate us... Just because this was speculated by some beat writer in Philly doesnt mean you should announce it. Theres a reason noone else did, because it makes no sense for Philadelphia... JVR is not being traded for Versteeg, it just will not happen unless we toss in either a 1st or a 2nd and they take out the 2nd. Just, stop... I was going to suggest borderline troll before, but some of your other comments prove you are a true troll...

Michael Gary Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:29 PM
BozakKadriKessel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothertucker16 View Post
To Tor: James van riemsdyk
2nd rnd pick

To Phi: Kris versteeg
JS Giguere

Now this a deal i do TOR gets Jvr a kid with a bright future and much needed size that TOR lacks in top 6 forwards and get a late 2nd round pick which might as well be a 3rd considering where philly is going to finish.
I opened and now I regret it.. I am getting out before this gets too ugly... Oh yea... it is fans like you that make the rest of us look bad... GO LEAFS GO

BozakKadriKessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:33 PM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

When I scrolled over the thread and the preview came up, I honestly thought it was the same thread from a couple days ago...but no, its yet another Versteeg/JSG for JVR/2nd deal. I wonder how many more of these we are going to get before the deadline.

I know not all leafs fans are like this obviously, there are a good amount of smart ones, but man this is getting embarassing.

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:34 PM
phlocky

Quote:
and thats why you flyers fans will never win a cup because of your goalies i remember a time you flyers could of had cujo but opted for a midget in vanbiesbrook
giguere is simply an insurance policy im sure philly wants to win and win now so picking up giguere is not going to hurt them he is on a last year of his contract and i watch every leaf game as well and i will tell you giggy is not washed up just plays in front of pylons id love to see borbovsky's numbers on are team he'd be bottom of the league.....lay off the cheese steaks philly clogging up the brain!!!!!
Giggy sucks ass this year, GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!!!! Oh, and when was the last time the Leafs won the cup????

Pot meet kettle.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Hotlanta

I think from a Leafs perspective I would be willing to go to:

Leafs:
JVR

Flyers:
2nd in 2011
Versteeg

It would have to be a deal that doesn't set us back far in our rebuild, and make you guess even more of a cup contender. And I don't see Philly going after a goalie unless Vokoun becomes available and even then why mess with Chemistry

Hotlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Boondock

Quote:
phion by the time the trade deadline goes down philly will have enough room philly has 3.5 mill of space right now as we speak
Okay, first off if you are going to spout off, you need to understand the numbers you are talking about - Philly can take on a total salary of 3.6 million, and still be cap compliant, they don't have 3.5 million in cap space. Giggy makes 6 million and Versteeg makes 3 million so that's 9 million in total salary - minus JVR 1.65 and Philly still has to clear roughly 4 million dollars of total salary to make this work.

Secondly - this is such a brutal trade for Philly that it was a massive waste of my time to even look up the cap #'s. So Philly gets the opportunity to make themselves worse, and all it will cost is a talented big winger on an ELC and a 2nd (which they don't even have).

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:45 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta View Post
I think from a Leafs perspective I would be willing to go to:

Leafs:
JVR

Flyers:
2nd in 2011
Versteeg

It would have to be a deal that doesn't set us back far in our rebuild, and make you guess even more of a cup contender. And I don't see Philly going after a goalie unless Vokoun becomes available and even then why mess with Chemistry
This was discussed at length in the other Tor-Phi thread and I summerized it earlier in this thread. I will say it again since it's obvious that many people don't read through the thread before posting.

Pretty much everyone agrees that Versteeg AMY be a little better than JVR RIGHT NOW, but given their ages, ATOI, current salaries and future upside, EVERYONE would much rather have JVR over Versteeg. NOBODY wants Vertseeg over JVR. A 2nd rnd pick isn't nearly enough for us to trade you JVR for Versteeg. Add your 2012 1st and MAYBE the Flyers don't hang up.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 02:02 PM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

People need to realize that Versteeg is not an upgrade to JVR this season. JVR has scored the same amount of even strength points with 142 less minutes on the year.

JVR has 22 even strength points in 13:06 of even strength TOI/G (48 games)
Versteeg has 22 even strength points in 14:33 of even strength TOI/G (53 games)

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 02:51 PM
TheLaughsWeKnow*

Cap space for Phili says "Hi" anyways. Fair Trade. I would say yes

TheLaughsWeKnow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 04:46 PM
mothertucker16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
that is a funny statement. Since the flyers came into the league their is no comparison between the organizations. None. One has been near the top consistently, the other, well hasn't.

I will get back to you in a few months to see what the rushkie is capable of.
since the flyers came into the league whats that supposed to mean that you guys are more successful in a waterdowned talent nhl it was alot harder to win with less teams dumb ass more talent when there was less teams and why do people think that giguere is **** because he had a couple of off seasons where his son was born with a deformed eye im sure hockey was more important to him at that time. as far as this year i see him play every time hes not the problem its the guys in front of him and please do come to me in a couple of months with rushkie bet you now he does not last as the starter in the playoffs quote me on that!!!!!!!

mothertucker16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 04:51 PM
mothertucker16

[QUOTE=phlocky;30885948]Giggy sucks ass this year, GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!!!! Oh, and when was the last time the Leafs won the cup????

Pot meet kettle.[/Q

when the last time flyers won a cup ????/ thought so

Old
02-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Jray42

Quote:
since the flyers came into the league whats that supposed to mean that you guys are more successful in a waterdowned talent nhl it was alot harder to win with less teams dumb ass more talent when there was less teams and why do people think that giguere is **** because he had a couple of off seasons where his son was born with a deformed eye im sure hockey was more important to him at that time. as far as this year i see him play every time hes not the problem its the guys in front of him and please do come to me in a couple of months with rushkie bet you now he does not last as the starter in the playoffs quote me on that!!!!!!!
Done.

So, it's unfair to compair the Flyers from when they started and the Leafs from that year?

He might not be, but hes NOT AN IMPROVEMENT OVER WHAT WE HAVE. we dont need or want him especailly not tat the price you guys want, it's hilarious.If we wanted to move JVR in a deal for a goalie, Vokoun is coming not JSG.

Old
02-13-2011, 04:57 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Quote:
pycckuurocket10 did i say we were winning the cup and 5 seasons without making the playoffs i love how you flyers fans have short memories you guys missed the playoffs 5 years in a row as well so whats your point!!!
and we win the cup come and tell you no problem flyers have nothing to write home about that either you guys are just as sad as we are there what is it 37 years and counting .
and you have capable goalies hahahaahahahahahahah who ?

whats borbovsky capable of ?
You DO realize you are making an idiot of yourself, right?.........................

K, good. Just checking.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mothertucker16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Okay, first off if you are going to spout off, you need to understand the numbers you are talking about - Philly can take on a total salary of 3.6 million, and still be cap compliant, they don't have 3.5 million in cap space. Giggy makes 6 million and Versteeg makes 3 million so that's 9 million in total salary - minus JVR 1.65 and Philly still has to clear roughly 4 million dollars of total salary to make this work.

Secondly - this is such a brutal trade for Philly that it was a massive waste of my time to even look up the cap #'s. So Philly gets the opportunity to make themselves worse, and all it will cost is a talented big winger on an ELC and a 2nd (which they don't even have).
get your facts straight at the deadline versteeg will be owed less than a mill and giguere will be owed 1.5 mill so philly has more than enough learn how the cap works

Old
Jray42

[QUOTE=mothertucker16;30894428]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Giggy sucks ass this year, GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!!!! Oh, and when was the last time the Leafs won the cup????

Pot meet kettle.[/Q

when the last time flyers won a cup ????/ thought so
Leafs' drought his 8 years longer, and it might just be another 44 years before they make the playoffs again, let alone win the cup.

Old
02-13-2011, 05:00 PM
mothertucker16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
You DO realize you are making an idiot of yourself, right?.........................

K, good. Just checking.
im not you are im just making valid points and you just make no sense

Old
02-13-2011, 05:00 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
pycckuurocket10 did i say we were winning the cup and 5 seasons without making the playoffs i love how you flyers fans have short memories you guys missed the playoffs 5 years in a row as well so whats your point!!!
and we win the cup come and tell you no problem flyers have nothing to write home about that either you guys are just as sad as we are there what is it 37 years and counting .
and you have capable goalies hahahaahahahahahahah who ?

whats borbovsky capable of ?
You so see that your own fans are telling you you're ridiculous too, right?

Quote:
get your facts straight at the deadline versteeg will be owed less than a mill and giguere will be owed 1.5 mill so philly has more than enough learn how the cap works
Incorrect - and it was explained earlier why.

STOP TALKING.

NitHeel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Jray42

Quote:
If versteeg and Giguere ARE SO AWSUMZZZ and So MUCH BETTERRZZ THENZ OUR UNCAPABLEZ RUSHKIEZZ GOALIEZSZZ Borbrovyks isnt capazblesz of anzyzhign buut JSG is soo great you idiotzers philys fans yzz wudntz u wamnt jsg guess youz dontz wantsz za cupz ehz?

THEN KEEP HIM AND STOP MAKING DUMBASS PROPOSALS TO US, WE DONT NEED/WANT JSG.

Old
02-13-2011, 05:03 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
im not you are im just making valid points and you just make no sense
Valid points? Alright, buddy. Here is a valid point, the Flyers are atop the Eastern Conference. That is WITHOUT help from Giguere.

Well you just enjoy Kessel and his 0 goals in 14 games and 36 points total as well as Seguin in Boston as well as your lack of a first in 2011. You guys will do JUST fine...

Old
02-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgeduck View Post
That's good, but I think that CO and Philly make better partners.

Philly:
JVR
Giroux
1st

for

Col
Anderson
Hunwick
Galiardi

ugh. I feel dirty writing that.
WTF.

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 05:06 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Let me throw another "nonsensical" stat at you:

JS Giguere: 11-10-3 record, .898 SV%, 2.88 GAA

Sergei Bobrovsky: 22-7-3 record, .918 SV%, 2.48 GAA

/thread

Old
02-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Nikolai Coolman

mothertucker16, please stop posting. You are making an ass out of the rest of us Leafs fans, as if we had a pristine image already.

Nikolai Coolman is offline   Reply With Quote