HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings vs. Capitals - 2/12/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
02-13-2011, 01:40 AM
Hollywood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post

Dustin had a good game in so much as he is capable lately. He is positionally aware but seems to be struggling with his push timing.
In 25 years of playing hockey I have yet to hear this term... Push timing? Please advise. Push timing... what the hell is one to do when their push timing is off fractionally?

Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:42 AM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
In 25 years of playing hockey I have yet to hear this term... Push timing? Please advise. Push timing... what the hell is one to do when their push timing is off fractionally?
I think he means skating. Like having a slow first step?

Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:14 AM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Westgarth fought and won and the Kings won. Interesting....
Isn't this a sign of Armageddon???

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 04:47 AM
Fangio

vCash: 50
The TM bashing has reached comical levels. Lots of misguided criticism about the hockey that's being played on ice...just a total lack of understanding for the game. The best is "it wasnt scored from the cycle! **** u mury! take that." Really? yikes.

-Gotta feel good for Loktionov, especially with his recent personal loss. Really liked how Greene found Clifford wide open for a pass, it reminded about two years ago when the Kings were catching the Caps asleep which resulted in 4-5 breakaways. Would have been nice if Clifford scored, fortunately Lokti was there to clean up the trash.

Kopitar's goal - Handzus kept that puck in play. Great work by Simmonds to take it to the net. Very similar to move he made against Toronto. Kopi needed that, hopefully he gets hot because now is the time.

-Really like what I see from Bernier now. Earlier, JB did not have the luxury to redeem himself the next night after a shaky game, he would have to wait next week. If you didn't know - Bernier is a notorious slow starter. Needs a handful to light the fire and be comfortable. What we've been seeing previously was like his first year in Manchester, or his season with Lewiston after he was sent back to juniors years ago. Now, JB finally looks settled in.

Fangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:33 AM
damacles1156

Not going to get to excited, I always view the Caps as a joke with Offense.

Philly is a REAL playoff team, And you can bet TM will dress Westy. So the Kings wont be rolling four lines.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 01:37 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Push or *press* timing refers to closing ability or knowing when to close distance on gap control. The term has been around for a long time. It proceeds gap control. The first coach that used for me was back in 79 and it was Coach Killer (Brian Kilrea) who used it.

I have also heard it used to define the confidence that a player has in their first step but that was a few years ago and not in any structured situation.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote