HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Blue Jackets shopping Mason ?

Old
02-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
Thomas won two years ago and will win the Vezina this year. Even if Rask were the second best goalie in the league, he wouldn't get much playing time. Rask really only has one year under his belt and he was phenominal.
Let him play 3 and then get back to me.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 02:52 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
I don't see any goalies on the Blue Jackets worth more than a 3rd pairing defenseman, do you?
No problem, we can't do business. C-ya

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 02:59 PM
RunFromTheBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Let him play 3 and then get back to me.
You are delusional. You think the Blue Jackets are getting a great 1st line offensive D, who is being paid peanuts for a goalie that is no better than available free agents.

Maybe we should combine the Yandle thread and this one. Mason for Yandle seems about right.

RunFromTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
You are delusional. You think the Blue Jackets are getting a great 1st line offensive D, who is being paid peanuts for a goalie that is no better than available free agents.

Maybe we should combine the Yandle thread and this one. Mason for Yandle seems about right.
No, your delusional. As I never said we were getting a #1 dman for Mason. Idiot.

Old
02-13-2011, 03:05 PM
RunFromTheBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
No, your delusional. As I never said we were getting a #1 dman for Mason. Idiot.

Why would any team give up anything for Mason, if they can sign equivalent talent in free agency?

Answer that question, then try and come up with a value on the guy.

RunFromTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:16 PM
punk_o_holic

Quote:

I took Bob Mackenzie's quote on Bogosian and then made some changes. Here it is.
"The short answer to the question -- is he(Mason) available? -- is as follows: Yes, in the sense that just about any team today will listen to any offer on any player, but as the old saying goes, someone is going to knock off Blue Jackets general manager Scott Howson's socks to make it happen."
*the article said Howson was offering Mason up a month ago. With the Jackets back in it, we don't know if Mason is off limits now.

I think Gagnefan924 is trying to say is, Mason isn't getting traded but if you want him then it would take a number 1 offensive defensemen(IMO, it would be someone like Bogosian. Someone that has the potential but is currently stuggling on their current team. Kind of like Mason. Has the potential to be a solid number 1 but is struggling with the Jackets at times. Not a already proven number 1 defensemen.) If teams don't want to give up that then I'm sure Howson/Gagnefan/myself is just as happy having Mason in Columbus.

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:20 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:

Why would any team give up anything for Mason, if they can sign equivalent talent in free agency?

First off, Mason doesnt have the value you think he holds. He holds more to Columbus bc they have no one else. I dont think their looking to move him.

Old
02-13-2011, 03:31 PM
punk_o_holic

Quote:

A couple more things that I was thinking...

1)Teams might hope that Mason to Columbus was Lehtonen to Atlanta. Then Mason to the team that wants him is Lehtonen to Dallas. With that said, Atlanta only got Ivan Vishnevskiy and a 4th rounder for Lehtonen. You could say Mason=Lehoten when he was in Atlanta so Columbus would probably get someone like Ivan Vishnevskiy and a 4th. That is not enough for Columbus so we can't trade him imo. Atlanta had Ondrej Pavelec coming up, we have noone.

2)If the Jackets are asking for alot, I would think teams would make a move for someone like Cory Schneider first.

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 50
Quote:
Rask
Wheeler
Stuart or Boston's 3rd
Toronto's 1st
Boston's 1st
One of Colborne, Caron, Hamill
One of Alexandrov, Cohen, Cross

for

Nash
Mason
This type of post instructive as to why many consider these things to be JOKES. Why? Nash has a NTC. Do some research before throwing something out that has its only basis in Disney Land

Fred Glover is offline   Reply With Quote