HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Schenn (LA) available for a top line forward?

Old
02-13-2011, 03:09 PM
Ovechking

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfan22 View Post
A bit early for drinking....If I'm the Oil and giving up our 2 best top 6 forwards, I want a lot more than that...One of them, sure..
Yeah, I suppose you're right. How untouchable is Schenn in LA? Would he go for Hemsky straight up? If so, I would take that if I'm the Oilers.

I think Penner is more valuable than Hemsky. I'm not sure how many teams would share that sentiment. What do you guys think?

Ovechking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:10 PM
oilers1084

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Gaborik.
If LA fans are not willing for offer Schenn for Hemsky, don't think they'll offer him for Gaborik.

oilers1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:10 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmondsFan View Post
Quit falling for the rumors. Lombardi will not deal Schenn. Dont fall for the internet hype.
BS. While I doubt DL is shopping him, if someone made an offer involving a dewcently priced front-liner signed for at least one more year, DL would listen long and hard.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:15 PM
coolbean04

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers1084 View Post
If LA fans are not willing for offer Schenn for Hemsky, don't think they'll offer him for Gaborik.
LOL too funny if you think Hemsky is close to Gaborik.

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Canadiankid

Since no one has mentioned it yet:

Spezza

Canadiankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:17 PM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiankid View Post
Since no one has mentioned it yet:

Spezza
See post 44

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:18 PM
mstad101

Well will ppl understand LA still has work to do to even be considered a sure shot for the Playoffs. Let alone even being considered for the Cup.

LA only really has Schenn that looks to be a real NHL caliber forward prospect that will make an impact within 2 years. Why would they just toss him away for a slightly better chance at the playoffs? They have a huge collection of Defense prospects that could be dealt.
Not to mention LA's need for a second line centre, which Schenn should be.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Canadiankid

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen View Post
See post 44
Just saw that.

Shucks

Canadiankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:22 PM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbean04 View Post
LOL too funny if you think Hemsky is close to Gaborik.
He's got 3 more points than Ales in 5 more games....and has been injured a lot more than Hemsky throughout his career. I, for one, wouldn't consider trading Hemsky for Gaborik....

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:23 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmondsFan View Post
Any deal that involves Cammy to LA shows the person has know clue about the past relationship of Lombardi and Cammy.
Some people have no clue...

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:24 PM
hooper2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Well will ppl understand LA still has work to do to even be considered a sure shot for the Playoffs. Let alone even being considered for the Cup.

LA only really has Schenn that looks to be a real NHL caliber forward prospect that will make an impact within 2 years. Why would they just toss him away for a slightly better chance at the playoffs? They have a huge collection of Defense prospects that could be dealt.
Not to mention LA's need for a first line centre, which Schenn should be.
Fixed that for you.

hooper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:29 PM
rajuabju

Some of the proposals here are pretty funny.

I'm not against trading Schenn.... but we have so many other valuable prospects, especially Dmen that are more likely to be moved... if Schenn is moved its going to be as part of a package for a true #1 LW sniper

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:33 PM
TYayo

Kadri & Versteeg for Schenn and 2011 2nd

TYayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:36 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
He's got 3 more points than Ales in 5 more games....and has been injured a lot more than Hemsky throughout his career. I, for one, wouldn't consider trading Hemsky for Gaborik....
7.5mil/year versus 4mil/year. Nuf said.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Wham City

To LA: Spezza

To OTT: Stoll, Schenn, Jones

Wham City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:38 PM
apice3*

First person to mention Parise is getting mushroom stamped.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:42 PM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
First person to mention Parise ...
First person was post 66, thanks for the suggestion

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Drew311
Bustlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKG33 View Post
Eklund:

Dallas Dave:
I think Schenn is getting way overhyped, especially after the world juniors. He racked up most of his points against poor teams, so I wouldn't put too much stock into his recent heroics. I have a feeling he tops out as a decent centre comparable to Zajac or Dubinsky...nothing elite.

Lombardi will not trade him just because of the outcry he'd get from fans, and other GM's won't pay the price of a top line forward for him. Why would they give up so much for an unproved prospect? Schenn didn't get big minutes in the NHL this season, but he also proved that he isn't close to being a full time NHL top six forward.

Unless Lombardi has seen something he doesn't like about his game, moving him doesn't make sense for either side.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:45 PM
rajuabju

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
First person to mention Parise is getting mushroom stamped.
We're just gonna offer sheet Parise

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:50 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Haha apparently we do.

If you offered all of them to somebody you could maybe get somebody decent. But it wouldn't likely be the top line guy Lombardi is looking for to play with Kopitar and Brown.

It's a sellers market. Few teams are offering up the kind of players that many teams are after. Look at the return Fisher got.
1st + Teubert/Voynov + something else would likely get them in the conversation for Penner.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Voracek for Schenn straight up.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
you obviously know nothing about hockey then. Hemsky while a good player isnt even near as talented as Gaborik is. ***** and whine all you want about gaboriks history of being injured 3 years ago. He has consistantly played 70 games or more every season since. He hasnt had an injury related to his past injures since the year he took off. The guy has played on a team with no other first line players the past two seasons for the rangers and if you look at the stats hes over a ppg player.

Please i dare you to post a poll up on here asking who the better player is and who they would rather have on their team, Hemsky or Gaborik even with the cap and i promise you you will be laughed at and get a resounding answer of Gaborik hands down over Hemsky.

Please gain some perspective and knowledge before posting something as ridiculous as this.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:55 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
I think Schenn is getting way overhyped, especially after the world juniors. He racked up most of his points against poor teams, so I wouldn't put too much stock into his recent heroics. I have a feeling he tops out as a decent centre comparable to Zajac or Dubinsky...nothing elite.

Lombardi will not trade him just because of the outcry he'd get from fans, and other GM's won't pay the price of a top line forward for him. Why would they give up so much for an unproved prospect? Schenn didn't get big minutes in the NHL this season, but he also proved that he isn't close to being a full time NHL top six forward.

Unless Lombardi has seen something he doesn't like about his game, moving him doesn't make sense for either side.
While I agree Schenn won't be traded, I think you are selling him a bit short. Everything about his game screams a Brindamour/M Richards type of player. You don't trade that type of potential for a quick fix.

Gaborik turns 29 tomorrow...given his injury history he could be out of the league in 3 years...just about the time Schenn becomes the most valuable player on his team.

Fortunately, Lombardi takes the longer view and I'd be absolutely shocked if he was moved.

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Gerbe42
Hodgson 2 Vanek

Schenn for drew Stafford

Gerbe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 04:03 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
you obviously know nothing about hockey then. Hemsky while a good player isnt even near as talented as Gaborik is. ***** and whine all you want about gaboriks history of being injured 3 years ago. He has consistantly played 70 games or more every season since. He hasnt had an injury related to his past injures since the year he took off. The guy has played on a team with no other first line players the past two seasons for the rangers and if you look at the stats hes over a ppg player.

Please i dare you to post a poll up on here asking who the better player is and who they would rather have on their team, Hemsky or Gaborik even with the cap and i promise you you will be laughed at and get a resounding answer of Gaborik hands down over Hemsky.

Please gain some perspective and knowledge before posting something as ridiculous as this.
The difference between Gaborik and Hemsky is alot closer than you think. Hemsky is criminally underrated and the 7.5mil versus 4mil difference puts Hemsky over the top. That contract is just a killer, why else are Ranger fans even discussing moving him?

You're opinion is no more or less valid than anyone else, except you don't seem to appreciate how good Hemmer is. And arguing who his teammates are? Hemsky plays for Edmonton... His center is Shawn Horcoff... And he's still around ppg every year.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote