HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers - Kings

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2011, 04:40 PM
  #1
DrChill
Registered User
 
DrChill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: FSJ BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 884
vCash: 500
Oilers - Kings

To Oilers: Brayden Schenn
To Kings: Dustin Penner

DrChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 04:44 PM
  #2
mstad101
Registered User
 
mstad101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,208
vCash: 500
Colten Tuebert 2nd round pick for Dustin Penner sounds more like the value.

You'd get better value trade wise, moving Hemsky. Penner is valuable because he brings a rarity to Edm's forward corps. Where Hemsky being a perimeter player lacking size, Edm has that in spades.
Hemsky could turn Kopitar into the goal scorer, n Kopi had 30 or close to goals last season.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 04:47 PM
  #3
Jwm1986
Registered User
 
Jwm1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Colten Tuebert 2nd round pick for Dustin Penner sounds more like the value.

You'd get better value trade wise, moving Hemsky. Penner is valuable because he brings a rarity to Edm's forward corps. Where Hemsky being a perimeter player lacking size, Edm has that in spades.
Hemsky could turn Kopitar into the goal scorer, n Kopi had 30 or close to goals last season.
Kopitar is already a 30+ goal scorer....Maybe Hemsky will get him to 40!!

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 04:49 PM
  #4
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,344
vCash: 500



I'm sure LA fans are tired of telling everyone they aren't trading Schenn.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 04:49 PM
  #5
Jwm1986
Registered User
 
Jwm1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChill View Post
To Oilers: Brayden Schenn
To Kings: Dustin Penner
Yeah, i dont think so....But the Kings could use Penner....We will give you one of our top end Dman prospects in a deal for him....something you guys desperately need....

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 04:51 PM
  #6
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,314
vCash: 500
Holy **** no. This has been typed to death.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 04:57 PM
  #7
funky
Registered User
 
funky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,080
vCash: 500
didn't I read this already this week

answer = no.

I will keep my prospect who should get 60 points a year for the next 15 years for your established guy who scores around 60 a year but is a free agent in 2

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 05:17 PM
  #8
WithOutPaperss
Registered User
 
WithOutPaperss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
didn't I read this already this week

answer = no.

I will keep my prospect who should get 60 points a year for the next 15 years for your established guy who scores around 60 a year but is a free agent in 2
What else can you tell me about the future? Who will win the cup in 2030?

WithOutPaperss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 05:20 PM
  #9
jumptheshark
the burn out
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 54,240
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChill View Post
To Oilers: Brayden Schenn
To Kings: Dustin Penner

LA says no and oiler fans know this trade would never happen

__________________
not sure how--but the fish just jumped in the boat and put the hook in it's mouth
52299/14814
The twenty year rebuild is on!!! Embrace the suck
Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 05:26 PM
  #10
ItsTheBGB
WJC Pool Champ!
 
ItsTheBGB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithOutPaperss View Post
What else can you tell me about the future? Who will win the cup in 2030?

ItsTheBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 05:33 PM
  #11
Tatsdzyuk
wet fish
 
Tatsdzyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: LA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithOutPaperss View Post
What else can you tell me about the future? Who will win the cup in 2030?
Quit trolling Kings are not going to trade Schenn for Penner anyways.

Tatsdzyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 05:37 PM
  #12
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,795
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
No, no, no, dear god no.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 05:41 PM
  #13
rajuabju
Registered User
 
rajuabju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 2,078
vCash: 500
Better trade:

Schenn for Paajarvi

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 05:43 PM
  #14
WithOutPaperss
Registered User
 
WithOutPaperss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsdzyuk View Post
Quit trolling Kings are not going to trade Schenn for Penner anyways.
Obviously I know that, I'm not even an Oilers fan, Kings are my 2nd favourite team.

WithOutPaperss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:05 PM
  #15
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post



I'm sure LA fans are tired of telling everyone they aren't trading Schenn.
Yep. Also tired of telling Oilers fans they overrate Penner.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:11 PM
  #16
jumptheshark
the burn out
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 54,240
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Yep. Also tired of telling Oilers fans they overrate Penner.

news flash

99% of the oiler fanbase do not over rate hiim he a slow power forward who gets mostly garbage goals

I am getting fed up of oiler fans being judge by 1 or 2 idiot fans who have no clue

if you go through most of the previous schenn to oiler threads

most oiler fans believe if schenn came on the market it would cost ATLEAST Hemsky, gagner and either a future 1st rounder or this years second rounder

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:14 PM
  #17
misfit
Moderator
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: just north of...everything
Posts: 15,632
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
news flash

99% of the oiler fanbase do not over rate hiim he a slow power forward who gets mostly garbage goals

I am getting fed up of oiler fans being judge by 1 or 2 idiot fans who have no clue

if you go through most of the previous schenn to oiler threads

most oiler fans believe if schenn came on the market it would cost ATLEAST Hemsky, gagner and either a future 1st rounder or this years second rounder
WHAT?!

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:15 PM
  #18
dabeechman
Registered User
 
dabeechman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,749
vCash: 500
FFS! Again!?

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:17 PM
  #19
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
news flash

99% of the oiler fanbase do not over rate hiim he a slow power forward who gets mostly garbage goals

I am getting fed up of oiler fans being judge by 1 or 2 idiot fans who have no clue

if you go through most of the previous schenn to oiler threads

most oiler fans believe if schenn came on the market it would cost ATLEAST Hemsky, gagner and either a future 1st rounder or this years second rounder
Unless you account for that 99%, then you are mistaken. I have read enough Penner for Schenn threads to write a book on it and it's not many that are created by Kings fans.

And if you can find me one thread staretd by an Oiler fan where an offer of Hemsky, Gagner and a 1st/2nd for Schenn was made, I'll be shocked. Most seem to think it'd cost Schenn+ for Hemsky.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:17 PM
  #20
CSimpson18
Registered User
 
CSimpson18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Yep. Also tired of telling Oilers fans they overrate Penner.
I'm tired of reading it. If people don't want to hear this stuff dont enter the thread, it's pretty simple.

I'm impressed with how many Kings fans there are on here, they always are around to make alot of noise. I'm not impressed by their average understanding of value.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:20 PM
  #21
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
I'm tired of reading it. If people don't want to hear this stuff dont enter the thread, it's pretty simple.

I'm impressed with how many Kings fans there are on here, they always are around to make alot of noise. I'm not impressed by their average understanding of value.
Hahah. Nice shot at Kings fans. Get over yourself. Like Oiler fans have a better understanding or any fanbase for that reason.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:21 PM
  #22
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
I'm tired of reading it. If people don't want to hear this stuff dont enter the thread, it's pretty simple.

I'm impressed with how many Kings fans there are on here, they always are around to make alot of noise. I'm not impressed by their average understanding of value.
Vice versa with Oilers fans. We have aligned our view of value with our GM's, by and large, and I'd venture Oilers fans have as well with their GM. Maybe take a look at the standings and understand where that's gotten you. If you guys want Schenn's for Penner's, you'll be waiting a while to see that materialize.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:57 PM
  #23
CSimpson18
Registered User
 
CSimpson18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Vice versa with Oilers fans. We have aligned our view of value with our GM's, by and large, and I'd venture Oilers fans have as well with their GM. Maybe take a look at the standings and understand where that's gotten you. If you guys want Schenn's for Penner's, you'll be waiting a while to see that materialize.
Hah, sorry but Oiler fans have no confidence whatsoever in our management team even though Lowe got us within 2 goals of the Stanley Cup. For the record most reasonable Oiler fans are expecting Hemsky to get a nice return because we can afford to be patient and wait for a desperate GM to come knocking. I for one would give up Hemsky+ for Schenn but not Hemsky++++ like HF Kings fans seem to expect.

When was the last time the Kings won a playoff series? It's happened once in 18 years, I don't know what you have to be so cocky about. Neither of our franchises have done much since Gretzky but at least we had that run. Regular season is pretty meaningless and the Kings aren't even sitting in a playoff spot. I'd rather be dead last than 9th in the conference despite icing a nice roster...

Penner is severely underrated. Biggest strongest scoring forward in the league, good for 30/30, value contract, good team guy. You wish you had a winger like that and he's not even our best.

edit- Didn't mean to ignore Dustin Brown. Nice player.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:10 PM
  #24
Blikian29
Registered User
 
Blikian29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 1,555
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Blikian29
If or when Penner and Hemsky are dealt, the return is going to severely piss off Oilers fans.

Blikian29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:12 PM
  #25
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blikian29 View Post
If or when Penner and Hemsky are dealt, the return is going to severely piss off the delusional Oilers fans.
You missed an important adjective.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.