HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Deadline

Old
02-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Fire Julien

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Be honest... How high do you think Wheelers ceiling his?
If he's playing a more offensive role he can probably get around 25 goals/50-60 points.

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 03:28 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Seguin View Post
If he's playing a more offensive role he can probably get around 25 goals/50-60 points.
We just need a shoot first player who can actually put the puck in the net. I know Wheeler is good but if he can be that good id make that deal. Blum would probably be the D prospect and you can take Ward and Belak if you want. Gotta get rid of a winger on the team if we make that deal. And I doubt you would take JP with his salary so.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 04:59 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I wish we would of found a way to keep Grebeshkov

Old
02-12-2011, 02:09 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
I wish we would of found a way to keep Grebeshkov
I do, too, but that's spilled milk at this point.

Not sure about Wheeler. He doesn't really seem any better than the players we have at this point.

What we need is not necessarily a sniper - we have plenty of guys that can finish (Sullivan, Hornqvist, Wilson, Erat, and now Fisher), but someone who can create offense in general, like Kostitsyn does. The only two players with any recent rumblings of availability are Gaborik and Hemsky. Gaborik is way out of our price range, but I would do back flips off the tower at the Bridge if we found a way to pick up Hemsky.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 02:28 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I do, too, but that's spilled milk at this point.

Not sure about Wheeler. He doesn't really seem any better than the players we have at this point.

What we need is not necessarily a sniper - we have plenty of guys that can finish (Sullivan, Hornqvist, Wilson, Erat, and now Fisher), but someone who can create offense in general, like Kostitsyn does. The only two players with any recent rumblings of availability are Gaborik and Hemsky. Gaborik is way out of our price range, but I would do back flips off the tower at the Bridge if we found a way to pick up Hemsky.
I agree. People think just because we have trouble scoring goals means we need a pure goal scorer. Not necessarily true. Getting players that create and open up space would allow our players to score more. What we lack is forwards with a high level of offensive creativity. Kostitsyn is just that. Sully and Dumont were, but aren't anymore.

Maybe we can find a way to net Hemsky in the off season, but I don't see it happening this deadline. I think we're done with major moves.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

To get Hemsky, we have to ship off Dumont. I would be pleased with both ideas. Hemsky is a playmaker, not a goalscorer. I think he would do very well with Wilson or Hornqvist. I'm not sure what it would take to get Hemsky, but considering his injury problems the past couple years, it is probably a slight bit under his true value. I would start my proposal at Blum, and see what has to happen from there.

02-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
To get Hemsky, we have to ship off Dumont. I would be pleased with both ideas. Hemsky is a playmaker, not a goalscorer. I think he would do very well with Wilson or Hornqvist. I'm not sure what it would take to get Hemsky, but considering his injury problems the past couple years, it is probably a slight bit under his true value. I would start my proposal at Blum, and see what has to happen from there.
Dumont has an NMC and is not interested in leaving Nashville. He will be a Predator through the end of the season. However, if you are allowed to do so to someone with an NMC, I believe Dumont might be the first Predator ever bought out of his contract this summer. That would reduce both his cap hit and $ paid out, but would give Poile an extra few bucks to accomodate raises to our current players and fit a trio of Lombardi, Legwand, and Fisher comfortably into the lineup. Might even provide a cushion to keep Goc too!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:21 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Ok, then who plays Center?

Lombardi
Fisher
Goc
O'Reilly
Legwand
Wilson
Spaling
Smithson

Ok, you ship Wilson, Spaling, and Legwand to wing

Erat-Lombard-Kostitsyn
Hornqvist-Fisher-Wilson
Legwand-Goc-O'Reilly
Tootoo-Smithson-Spaling

Dumont's buyout puts a 2 million hit on the 11-12 cap and 12-13 cap. Which isn't much considering that the cap bumps act just like inflation in the economy. Nashville is still down a couple of forwards unless you see a player moving up from Milwaukee (Klasen? Geoffrion?) and/or a UFA.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:45 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Dumont has an NMC and is not interested in leaving Nashville. He will be a Predator through the end of the season. However, if you are allowed to do so to someone with an NMC, I believe Dumont might be the first Predator ever bought out of his contract this summer. That would reduce both his cap hit and $ paid out, but would give Poile an extra few bucks to accomodate raises to our current players and fit a trio of Lombardi, Legwand, and Fisher comfortably into the lineup. Might even provide a cushion to keep Goc too!
I am well aware that Dumont has a NMC clause. I also really like Dumont. However, as I said at the beginning of the season, he needs to be somewhere else. He is not a fourth line player, and he is useless there. Additionally, a 4 million dollar salary for a fourth liner that can't check on this team is, as we both know, crippling our roster. I think Dumont would accept a trade to the right place, but like you said, this is probably an off-season thing (if even that is possible).

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 12:05 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Dumont isn't leaving Nashville.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Dumont isn't leaving Nashville.
People said the same thing about Arnott.

I think in the offseason it is highly plausible that he would waive it. He is probably sick of being on the 3rd and 4th lines despite not always deserving it. I would imagine he wants more ice time to help earn his next contract. I don't see his value increasing any if he stays here.

@BFC
Here is my early take for next year:
C's: Fisher, Lombardi, Legwand, ORLY/Smithson

Legwand will not be playing wing.

Or, as crazy as it might sound, we could move Lombardi so we can pencil in ORLY, Goc, or Spaling into a scoring line...

But I honestly think Goc is gone after this year. He'll be looking to cash in and will be probably try to get a bigger role. Don't see him signing here with 3 centermen ahead of him on the depth chart.

Old
02-12-2011, 04:33 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I have not considered this before. we would owe Dumont 1.33M for each of the next two seasons.

I suppose that could happen, especiallly if we have a deep revenue generating playoff run...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 05:11 PM
SK74 Snipes

Quote:
We have all those D prospects and all these roster players. We have to make a move. I dont think Poile is done at all. He wanted to help the team now, not wait till deadline day. I expect another move for a winger and maybe a solid 3rd pairing d man.
I agree for sure, Poile is not done.

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 05:15 PM
glenngineer

I don't see any more forwards coming this way. I could see an addition on the blue line though.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:08 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I think what we need is another defenseman, honestly. Sulzer has been average to poor on most nights, Bouillon is decent, but who knows how long he'll be out.

Too bad we couldn't have worked Chris Phillips into the Fisher deal as well.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:56 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I think what we need is another defenseman, honestly. Sulzer has been average to poor on most nights, Bouillon is decent, but who knows how long he'll be out.

Too bad we couldn't have worked Chris Phillips into the Fisher deal as well.
Agreed. One blueliner is a must move.

And i think Ward is gone, he is just not into it...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:47 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Ive been hearing from other commentators and just seeing on websites that a lot of NHL scouts are interested in Franson. Do you think its possible a team may just make an offer to Poile he cant refuse?

I dont want to trade Franson though. I love him. Im one of those Franson lovers, im just wondering what you all think.

Old
02-13-2011, 04:17 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Ive been hearing from other commentators and just seeing on websites that a lot of NHL scouts are interested in Franson. Do you think its possible a team may just make an offer to Poile he cant refuse?

I dont want to trade Franson though. I love him. Im one of those Franson lovers, im just wondering what you all think.
I'm a huge Franson fan too, and I doubt Poile deals him. The only way I see it happening is the Oilers call and try to work something around Franson + for Hemsky (preferably) or Penner. I'm not sure what it would take, but I think Poile at least considers it.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 04:25 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
I'm a huge Franson fan too, and I doubt Poile deals him. The only way I see it happening is the Oilers call and try to work something around Franson + for Hemsky (preferably) or Penner. I'm not sure what it would take, but I think Poile at least considers it.
You would think he would try to get a dman in return as well.

Old
02-13-2011, 09:41 PM
tserberis*

Ward and Sulzer to Sabres for Montador and 2.

Ours 3 And Blum to Edm for Hemsky...

80's, are you gonna drop me down again

Last edited by tserberis*: 02-13-2011 at 10:13 PM.
tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:56 PM
predfan24

Quote:

If a GM makes an offer he can't refuse then I wouldn't be totally shocked but it wouldn't happen until the offseason. If a team offered a similar young forward with similar potential it wouldn't shock me because guys like Josi, Blum and Ellis are right there knocking on the door step. I'm with you though I don't want to see him dealt unless it is a great offer. I think Franson has surpassed everyone's expectations. Funny to think before the start of last season when Franson didn't make the team out of camp many here(including me) were just about ready to give up on him.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 08:07 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Montreal scouts in Nashville this week

Old
02-14-2011, 08:29 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Maybe Montreal is looking to get someone to help them control PK Subban........maybe Belak!

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 08:51 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:

I think thats a summertime move not a deadline move. If the thinking is that Blum or Josi is ready and we can package Cody for a scorer, I could see it, but again, in the summer, not now.

I suspect we add depth at D not subtract a starter.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:02 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I thought the Sulzer take made the most sense. I'd like to see blum or Josi up in his place...

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote