HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers PP - YIKES! (in a bad way)

Old
10-17-2010, 01:18 AM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
If you lay your eye on a hitter who looks like he's completely lost his swing and one who is just in the middle of an anomalously unlucky stretch, you can see the difference, even though their stats might be the same. Granted, the powerplay data from a small sample size alone isn't worth much, but when you see the power play in action you can see that isn't clicking right now.

I think it's a legitimate and fair observation on the OP's part . . . nobody is sounding any alarms. I'm sure they'll get the kinks ironed out, the OP is just asking what everyone thinks they should do to make that happen.
"YIKES!" strikes me as an alarm... maybe I'm odd like that.

This PP has three consecutive years of being near the top of the league. Until proven otherwise (and 5 games ain't otherwise), they'll be fine is the way it goes.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 03:51 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

They scored a PP goal tonight! YAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Like Jester said, the PP will probably (hopefully) be fine. Patience my pets. Got 77 more games to work out the kinks.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 07:43 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

NOW, anyone wanna tell me - it's just 4 games in... it'll get better -they are playing like a bunch od dicks out there.... **** sakes!
GET IT TOGETHER - pathetic

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 01:40 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

So the lull continues I guess, bad spot?

Over the course of the season, which is greater than the previous time I started this thread. The PP SUCKS!

It is useless. Anyone want to justify them as being in a slump, the PP comes and goes... blah blah blah....

It has looked good for a bit and then vanished again....

Come on Lavi - DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT - we will lose games and already have lost game b/c of this!

Old
12-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Garbage Goal

[QUOTE=Giroux tha Damaja;28361663]If you lay your eye on a hitter who looks like he's completely lost his swing and one who is just in the middle of an anomalously unlucky stretch, you can see the difference, even though their stats might be the same. Granted, the powerplay data from a small sample size alone isn't worth much, but when you see the power play in action you can see that isn't clicking right now.

I think it's a legitimate and fair observation on the OP's part . . . nobody is sounding any alarms. I'm sure they'll get the kinks ironed out, the OP is just asking what everyone thinks they should do to make that happen.[/QUOTE]

Not that I'm advocating it, but has anyone thought about signing MA Bergeron? Our biggest problem on the PP is not having a d-man beyond Timonen and Pronger that is very good at it. That would solve that problem. He's also probably be dirt cheap considering he's a free agent.

Then there's also the fact that he's horrible in every other area outside the PP.

I mean, the guy has literally made a living out of being a beast on the PP so it's a thought at least.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
I was half expecting to come in here and see the dude from the Bob thread telling everyone how wrong they were again, about the PP not turning around lol.
But seriously, this **** is bad. I know we've been saying it for a while, but I really do wish they would stop trying to get fancy and looking for the perfect shot. They waste half the time passing it back and forth, and then it'll get knocked out of the zone, they'll dump it in, the puck gets cleared again, then they'll dump it in, set it up, and continue to pass, etc.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 04:05 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Yep. STILL BLOWS - BLOWS!!!!

Way to go PP... Way to go.

Old
02-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

It's not rocket science. Seriously.

You plant Hartnell/JVR/Richards (whichever one) infront of the net, you sit pronger on the blue line, with kimmo. You give the puck to pronger, and tell him to shoot.

Goals scored.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 04:18 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
It's not rocket science. Seriously.

You plant Hartnell/JVR/Richards (whichever one) infront of the net, you sit pronger on the blue line, with kimmo. You give the puck to pronger, and tell him to shoot.

Goals scored.
I agree.

For some reason they **** the bed on the PP... help the GK's out, help the bench out.

Too much pass pass pass pass pass pass....

Old
02-13-2011, 04:26 PM
RoDu

Mullen needs to go

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 04:37 PM
L-train*

Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Mullen needs to go
He needed to go a year ago... it's long, long overdue.

L-train* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Mullen needs to go
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
He needed to go a year ago... it's long, long overdue.
Seriously?

Biggest reason the PP has struggled? They've built it more around Pronger and he's been out for a stretch this year, and was injured at the start of the year. When he's around, it's been fine. The other problem is that Carle and Meszaros are inept at running the 2nd unit.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:37 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Seriously?

Biggest reason the PP has struggled? They've built it more around Pronger and he's been out for a stretch this year, and was injured at the start of the year. When he's around, it's been fine. The other problem is that Carle and Meszaros are inept at running the 2nd unit.
I completely disagree. None of the players on the PP units seem to know WTF they are doing, thus it comes down to coaching and the schemes set in place.

Old
03-25-2011, 12:00 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

NOW is it time for Mullen to CHANGE something???

I mean come on... SO's and one goal games are fun to watch and all. BUT we could and should be winning these games if our PP didn't suck **** from an ass.

Old
03-25-2011, 12:25 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Their puck movement is unbearably slow and predictable.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 01:04 AM
StandingCow

I am sick of hearing that the PP is a work in progress and they have things to work on... they have been saying that all year, something is jacked up.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 08:55 AM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

Sorry folks...no power play...no chance of much playoff success or the finals for that matter. 9 games to figure out what they haven't all season whether Pronger has been in or not. They just blow.....

Games are tight in the playoffs and you need that extra edge on the PP since shootouts are not a factor. There are going to be a lot of OT games in the playoffs I suspect and if our goaltending is inconsistent that won't help us either...neither will an offense that shows up like gangbusters only when they feel like it...ya know that whole 60 minute sing song...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote