HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Oilers - Kings

Old
02-13-2011, 06:16 PM
Blikian29

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Blikian29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
You missed an important adjective.
Touche

Blikian29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:19 PM
4thliner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuabju View Post
Better trade:

Schenn for Paajarvi
That is interesting, and one I think Oilers woud do in a heartbeat. Schenn of course isn't in the NHL yet so you knoever know, but to be honest Paajarvi at times looks lost playing at the NHL. Schenn tried to stick but could not make LA and got sent down to junior. So value is close. Both top 10 picks in 2009 at #5 and #10. WJC is overrated and if someone tries to make a case here for Schenn due to this, then someone could just as well say had the Oilers allowed Paajarvi to play for Sweden he could have gone beasting.

But what tips the scale is Oilers need a potential top 2 line center prospect BAD. LA can use a potential top 2 line winger.

It is a fit.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:26 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
That is interesting, and one I think Oilers woud do in a heartbeat. Schenn of course isn't in the NHL yet so you knoever know, but to be honest Paajarvi at times looks lost playing at the NHL. Schenn tried to stick but could not make LA and got sent down to junior. So value is about equal. Both top 10 picks in 2009 at #5 and #10.

But what tips the scale is Oilers need a potential top 2 line center prospect BAD. LA can use a potential top 2 line winger.

It is a fit.
Definetely not "in a heartbeat". You're right about this being reasonable because it deals from strength and addresses a need for Edmonton. You're wrong about Pajaarvi looking lost. His physical tools are undeniable, better than Schenn's and he's very good defensively. Smart, smart player. Only question mark is if he will develop more finish to his game. Until we see Schenn competing against men in the NHL I think the jury's still out on PRV vs. Schenn.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:28 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blikian29 View Post
If or when Penner and Hemsky are dealt, the return is going to severely piss off Oilers fans.
Funny cuz I've said If either are dealt the return will surprise alot of people around here.

Old
02-13-2011, 06:31 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
Hah, sorry but Oiler fans have no confidence whatsoever in our management team even though Lowe got us within 2 goals of the Stanley Cup. For the record most reasonable Oiler fans are expecting Hemsky to get a nice return because we can afford to be patient and wait for a desperate GM to come knocking. I for one would give up Hemsky+ for Schenn but not Hemsky++++ like HF Kings fans seem to expect.

When was the last time the Kings won a playoff series? It's happened once in 18 years, I don't know what you have to be so cocky about. Neither of our franchises have done much since Gretzky but at least we had that run. Regular season is pretty meaningless and the Kings aren't even sitting in a playoff spot. I'd rather be dead last than 9th in the conference despite icing a nice roster...

Penner is severely underrated. Biggest strongest scoring forward in the league, good for 30/30, value contract, good team guy. You wish you had a winger like that and he's not even our best.

edit- Didn't mean to ignore Dustin Brown. Nice player.
Confidence in management and appreciation of trade value are to different things. I also don't care about Hemsky's value since this thread, and my comments were based on Penner.

I also don't care about playoff succes 18 years ago, or even five years ago. How many guys on your team are there from your cup run in 2006? I wouldn't be shocked if WE have more of those Oilers than you do. It's what you are doing now that matters.

Btw, I understand what you mean about 9th versus dead last,and if this was the end of the regular season, sign me up for your newsletter. It's February 13th though and we are one point out of eighth, with games in hand on a number of teams barely ahead of us, just three points out of the division lead, and 7-0-2 in our last nine games, including a shutout today of the Flyers, second best team in the NHL. I'd rather be sitting here than where the Oilers are.

Penner is not overrated, and while his size might be great, he's not the greatest at using it, is slow and often lazy. And yes, I do watch the Oilers often, being in Manitoba and all, I see them about twice a week or more. Outside of the Leafs, they are the team most often on TV here.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:36 PM
vindogla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
That is interesting, and one I think Oilers woud do in a heartbeat. Schenn of course isn't in the NHL yet so you knoever know, but to be honest Paajarvi at times looks lost playing at the NHL. Schenn tried to stick but could not make LA and got sent down to junior. So value is close. Both top 10 picks in 2009 at #5 and #10. WJC is overrated and if someone tries to make a case here for Schenn due to this, then someone could just as well say had the Oilers allowed Paajarvi to play for Sweden he could have gone beasting.

It is a fit.
Schenn will be a beast and everyone already wants him on their team, even if he still is in juniors.

Look at his brother. His brother helped his little brother become the player he is. Even now he must be helping him grow to be an NHL'er.

Many teams would be happy to take a risk and trade a roster player now for a future stud. I'm sure many have offered.

I would be shocked if DL would move him until he's had another year to "season" and show what his developmental timeline might be.

Also: Schenn is the property of the Kings - bwahahahaha

vindogla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:43 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Confidence in management and appreciation of trade value are to different things.
My comment about having no confidence in management was in response to this:

Quote:
We have aligned our view of value with our GM's, by and large, and I'd venture Oilers fans have as well with their GM. Maybe take a look at the standings and understand where that's gotten you.
Oiler fans can talk for days about how stupid KLowe and Tambo are, and we do. Sadly it's not up to us. Rule of thumb is whatever those two are thinking, do the opposite. Things are looking up though.

Quote:
How many guys on your team are there from your cup run in 2006? I wouldn't be shocked if WE have more of those Oilers than you do.
Lol. Hemsky and Horcoff vs. Stoll Greene and Smyth

Quote:
Penner is not overrated, and while his size might be great, he's not the greatest at using it, is slow and often lazy.
It's your right to think that but I disagree. He can be lazy but that's way overblown but he's not slow. Lemieux looked slow too. He's just big. It's difficult to explain to people who don't analyze with and without stats just what an impact Penner has on his teammates. When he's on the ice I am more relaxed than at any other time. I wish there were more of him, I think trading him would be a huge mistake. Much prefer to see Hemsky moved despite having an 83 jersey and realizing Hemmer has more raw talent in his little finger than 27.

Old
02-13-2011, 07:01 PM
kinghock

Could Edmontonís fans just for the second imagine that LA Kings do not want/need Penner at all?
It is just a question.

kinghock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:16 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
Could Edmontonís fans just for the second imagine that LA Kings do not want/need Penner at all?
It is just a question.
But you do need him. You're flat out wrong.

Old
02-13-2011, 07:19 PM
kinghock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
But you do need him. You're flat out wrong.
Are you trying to hypnotize me?

Old
02-13-2011, 07:21 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
These are not the droids you're looking for.

But seriously, he'd be best or second best winger on your team and you're sitting a point out of the playoffs. How do you not need him or something exactly like him?

Old
02-13-2011, 07:22 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
The Kings need a scoring left winger...you missed out on Kovalchuk, and do you see any other top line, scoring left wingers available? I don't.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:24 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Well, your fanbase has expressed the need for size, scoring, and a LW...isn't that Penner?

Anyways, LA is not trading Schenn for Penner, there is no question about that. We wouldn't trade Eberle for Dustin Brown, so why would the Kings deal Schenn?

Personally, I want to keep Penner and people are suggesting LA is interested in Hemsky so I think a deal could be made. Hemsky would be expensive, but there is a deal to be made that doesn't involve Schenn.

SDig14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I value Dustin Penner more than a prospect who's upside is a good second line centre(see Stoll).
We need Penner in our top 6. I wish they'd run with a Penner-Hall-Eberle more

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:28 PM
KingsCourt

wow the person who started this thread is dumb!

KingsCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:30 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsCourt View Post
wow the person who started this thread is dumb!
Very valuable insight.

Old
02-13-2011, 07:30 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Well, your fanbase has expressed the need for size, scoring, and a LW...isn't that Penner?

Anyways, LA is not trading Schenn for Penner, there is no question about that. We wouldn't trade Eberle for Dustin Brown, so why would the Kings deal Schenn?

Personally, I want to keep Penner and people are suggesting LA is interested in Hemsky so I think a deal could be made. Hemsky would be expensive, but there is a deal to be made that doesn't involve Schenn.
And why exactly do you advice Hemsky ???

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:35 PM
kinghock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
I value Dustin Penner more than a prospect who's upside is a good second line centre(see Stoll).
We need Penner in our top 6. I wish they'd run with a Penner-Hall-Eberle more
I am watching Edmontonís games often enough. Actually I am watching game with Ducks right now (I have NHL package on my cable).
Penner does not strike me as a final piece of a puzzle for my Kings.
I prefer to look for better left winger. I do not want to spend roster spot on him.

Old
02-13-2011, 07:37 PM
SDhybrid47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChill View Post
To Oilers: Brayden Schenn
To Kings: Dustin Penner

SDhybrid47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:39 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
And why exactly do you advice Hemsky ???
Ugh

I said, isn't that PENNER? Not Hemsky...

I wrote AFTER that, that hemsky has been linked to LA b/c some insiders think that they like him quite a bit...that is a fact

Old
02-13-2011, 07:44 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
I am watching Edmontonís games often enough. Actually I am watching game with Ducks right now (I have NHL package on my cable).
I prefer to look for better left winger. I do not want to spend roster spot on him.
Ugh let's not get ahead of ourselves. Kings need help to make the playoffs, worry about a final piece in a year or two. As I said, Penner or Hemsky would be your best winger.

Old
02-13-2011, 07:53 PM
SDig14

Quote:
There aren't really any better LWs available.

Old
02-13-2011, 07:54 PM
thalegion

Quote:
Awesome that you made that decision after seeing someone play there off position for 4 minutes

thalegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:57 PM
McOilers4cup
Finally

vCash: 163
How about ?

Hemsky + Cogliano For Simmonds , Clifford & Teubert/Muzzin

McOilers4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:57 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalegion View Post
Awesome that you made that decision after seeing someone play there off position for 4 minutes
5:26 that period, get ur facts straight. Most of these guys made up their mind without ever watching Penner, that guy has a leg up on them.