HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

First Trek to Joe Louis

Old
02-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Swerb

vCash: 500
First Trek to Joe Louis

Just took my 5.5 year old to his first NHL game in Columbus last Friday and we had a blast. Would love to make his second game a trip to Joe Louis Arena to take in a Wings game maybe sometime in March. I'm not a Wings fan, but it's one of the venues I've been anxious to see a game at.

Just looking for some advice on where to sit, where to eat, where to stay the night ... coming in from Cleveland and would stay the night. Convenience key with the little guy in tow.

Thanks in advance!

Swerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:53 PM
kozie13

hockeytown cafe on woodward ave is really cool for newcomers to Detroit. would think your son would enjoy it. gets packed though.

kozie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Xvash2

If you're in Detroit you really should take the Ford Rouge Factory Tour.

/sarcasm

Xvash2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:07 PM
andreydali19

Depends when you get into town during the day. If you plan on getting here early in the morning of gameday, try scouting a place around Southfield or Royal Oak. The zoo's right off one of the 696 exits so your kid might enjoy that, among several other things in the area I think. If not try Dearborn. Being March, it should start to be warm I think.
If you get in during the gameday afternoon, or if you don't wanna deal with traffic while getting downtown from the suggested areas, then see what's open at the Double Tree or Greektown hotels, that's my guess.

andreydali19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:11 PM
MissNHL

This forum needs one huge thread about this stuff because it seems like we have a new one every week.

This link right here has a lot of good tips and info: http://fans.redwings.nhl.com/communi...to-hockeytown/

MissNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:07 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNHL View Post
This forum needs one huge thread about this stuff because it seems like we have a new one every week.

This link right here has a lot of good tips and info: http://fans.redwings.nhl.com/communi...to-hockeytown/
I was just thinking the same thing. I'll take care of it and make sure it's stickied.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:31 PM
RaySheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvash2 View Post
If you're in Detroit you really should take the Ford Rouge Factory Tour.

/sarcasm
Sarcasm? Oh really? First off I thought Ford cancelled all factory tours after 9/11 (maybe the Rouge is an exception). Secondly, If their is one plant I'd like to see it would be the Rouge, since it's been around since 1905 or so. It built your city..No auto plants= No Detroit and no Red Wings

RaySheppard is offline   Reply With Quote