HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Lalime is on pace for something never seen in the NHL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2011, 01:07 PM
  #1
wyldthing89
Registered User
 
wyldthing89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: St-Gedeon Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,458
vCash: 500
Lalime is on pace for something never seen in the NHL

I just checked Sabres stats and notice that Lalime has more points than wins. I don't think any goalie in the history registered more points than wins in a season

Lalime total win: 0 and 1 assist.

wyldthing89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 01:39 PM
  #2
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Michel Belhumeur in 1974-75 for the Washington Capitals.

0-24-3, 0G 2A.

I'm sure it's been done a bunch more times as well.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 02:15 PM
  #3
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death
 
Ron Barr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: bdddddddet
Posts: 5,820
vCash: 500
1. Put Lalime in as our 2nd line center
2. Put Connolly in as our back-up goalie
3. ???
4. Profit

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 02:22 PM
  #4
Moskau
Registered User
 
Moskau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Western New York
Posts: 9,705
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Michel Belhumeur in 1974-75 for the Washington Capitals.

0-24-3, 0G 2A.

I'm sure it's been done a bunch more times as well.
... jesus christ.

That's all I can really think of to say about that.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 02:23 PM
  #5
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES
 
JOHNBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver NC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,143
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
I am not a Lalime hater, but why did Ryan Miller have to insist we re-sign him when we could have cut ties and maybe signed Biron as the back-up tendy???

I hope I don't sound like others on this board when I say this, but if we do indeed end up missing the playoffs some of that blame could be thrown Lalimes way for; A) Not being a competent back-up B) Not allowing Miller to be rested enough ....

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 02:35 PM
  #6
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,209
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
I am not a Lalime hater, but why did Ryan Miller have to insist we re-sign him when we could have cut ties and maybe signed Biron as the back-up tendy???

I hope I don't sound like others on this board when I say this, but if we do indeed end up missing the playoffs some of that blame could be thrown Lalimes way for; A) Not being a competent back-up B) Not allowing Miller to be rested enough ....
Miller has talked about how he uses Lalime as a coaching/mentoring resource, how Patrick offers tips and helps him in general. Personally, hiring him as an assistant coach seemed like a better option, but they went with Lalime as backup.

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 02:45 PM
  #7
Pengo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,910
vCash: 500
Well based on Miller's play this season, Lalime isn't very good at that either.

I totally agree that we should have either made him a coach or let him go. You don't make someone your #2 goalie in the NHL because he is friends with other players on the team.

Pengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 02:50 PM
  #8
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES
 
JOHNBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver NC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,143
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Miller has talked about how he uses Lalime as a coaching/mentoring resource, how Patrick offers tips and helps him in general. Personally, hiring him as an assistant coach seemed like a better option, but they went with Lalime as backup.
That would have been a great idea, like I said I don't dilike him of think he is the worst option as the 2nd goalie. He seems like a great team player and a good motivator I just wish that he could have performed better on the ice. I am excited to see how Enroth does but I really really REALLY wish Biron got another shot here and hopefully in the future gets another shot back here in Buffalo. Not only a great person but a solid hockey player who will always be apart of the Buffalo Community...

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 04:10 PM
  #9
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles
 
brian_griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Z4QQQ batman symbol
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 6,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
... jesus christ.

That's all I can really think of to say about that.
Astonished that vcv pulled that up (as am I)?

or amazed at how putrid that stat line is?

I barely remember the '74-75 Caps. Pathetic team, awesome unis!!

I remember some matchups in the following couple seasons for two reasons:
1. BUF always did really well against them and
2. They were the only NHL team with more black players than BUF (I was a Tony McKegney fan).

brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 05:38 PM
  #10
HogtownSabresfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldthing89 View Post
I just checked Sabres stats and notice that Lalime has more points than wins. I don't think any goalie in the history registered more points than wins in a season

Lalime total win: 0 and 1 assist.
Nice

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 08:02 PM
  #11
Moskau
Registered User
 
Moskau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Western New York
Posts: 9,705
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
Astonished that vcv pulled that up (as am I)?

or amazed at how putrid that stat line is?

I barely remember the '74-75 Caps. Pathetic team, awesome unis!!

I remember some matchups in the following couple seasons for two reasons:
1. BUF always did really well against them and
2. They were the only NHL team with more black players than BUF (I was a Tony McKegney fan).
Both but mostly amazed at those stats.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 03:08 AM
  #12
sabresfan123*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldthing89 View Post
I just checked Sabres stats and notice that Lalime has more points than wins. I don't think any goalie in the history registered more points than wins in a season

Lalime total win: 0 and 1 assist.
On pace and finishing are two different things

sabresfan123* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:19 PM
  #13
wyldthing89
Registered User
 
wyldthing89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: St-Gedeon Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Michel Belhumeur in 1974-75 for the Washington Capitals.

0-24-3, 0G 2A.

I'm sure it's been done a bunch more times as well.
Wow, nice pick, i would never expect to see that from a goalie with at least 5 games !!!

wyldthing89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:33 PM
  #14
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Michel Belhumeur in 1974-75 for the Washington Capitals.

0-24-3, 0G 2A.

I'm sure it's been done a bunch more times as well.
One of the worst teams in the history of hockey.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:38 PM
  #15
Fire Me
Cleared, BUT NOT OUT
 
Fire Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Old Dominion State
Country: United States
Posts: 5,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeGiftingMan View Post
One of the worst teams in the history of hockey.
right down there with the '10-'11 Buffalo Sabres, if you believe some of the stuff you read on here

Fire Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.