HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

Game #56: vs Columbus, 2/13 (2:00 PM, FSSW, 1310 AM)

Old
02-13-2011, 05:04 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
LA won, and San Jose's winning.

Dallas is slumping at the worst possible time.

02-13-2011, 05:18 PM
________

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
March would be the worst possible time with how the schedule is, but yeah it's still a bad time to slump now.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 05:48 PM
StarsFan74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
This team needs Benn to get healthy.
Even with Benn, we couldn't curb the SOG by the opposition. It's obvious, the issue is and has been poor defensive line. We benefited partly from the opposition underestimating us and better goaltending to get to where we are now, but the joy-ride is over now. Unless our defense improves, we're definitely screwed.

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:17 PM
catters078

Quote:
Originally Posted by ________ View Post
March would be the worst possible time with how the schedule is, but yeah it's still a bad time to slump now.
Maybe nows a good time to slump?? trade deadline around the corner, maybe this poor spell of games will hit home with Joe we need a defensive upgrade..

WHo knows maybe Joe will go after a Mccabe type player because of the recent weaknesses showing up..

IMO better off happening now than in March when its too late to make team changes

catters078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:18 PM
StarsCaptainOU

Vincour is better than Langs and needs to stay with Ribeiro and Morrow for the next game to see how it goes. Langs is just terrible as a top 6 winger.

StarsCaptainOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:25 PM
catters078

Thank you florida.

Much appreciated

Old
02-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
LA won, and San Jose's winning.

Dallas is slumping at the worst possible time.
The 6-10th place teams are 37-8-5 over the last ten games

At 7-3 Columbus hasn't gained ANY ground on 8th place.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCaptainOU View Post
Vincour is better than Langs and needs to stay with Ribeiro and Morrow for the next game to see how it goes. Langs is just terrible as a top 6 winger.
Completely agree.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:06 PM
catters078

So...how do we go in net in for the road trip?

Edmonton - raycroft
Calgary - Kari (flames suddenly a team we need to use a number 1 against and maybe beat for a playoff spot)

vancouver - Kari

??

Old
02-13-2011, 10:30 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by catters078 View Post
Maybe nows a good time to slump?? trade deadline around the corner, maybe this poor spell of games will hit home with Joe we need a defensive upgrade..

WHo knows maybe Joe will go after a Mccabe type player because of the recent weaknesses showing up..

IMO better off happening now than in March when its too late to make team changes
If the Langenbrunner trade is any indication im not sure i want joe making any trades right now.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:17 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by catters078 View Post
So...how do we go in net in for the road trip?

Edmonton - raycroft
Calgary - Kari (flames suddenly a team we need to use a number 1 against and maybe beat for a playoff spot)

vancouver - Kari

??
Wouldn't mind seeing Raycroft try against his former team if he performs well in Edmonton. Last chance against the Nucks, try something different.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:53 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
Should scratch Niskanen and Skrastins for the rest of the season. We did amazing without them.

Cin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:07 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
Wouldn't mind seeing Raycroft try against his former team if he performs well in Edmonton. Last chance against the Nucks, try something different.
Last time we triedto play Raycroft against his former team, we were down 2-0 within a blink of an eye. 0_0

Stars99Lobo37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:54 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
Last time we triedto play Raycroft against his former team, we were down 2-0 within a blink of an eye. 0_0
On goals that were preventable by competent defense in front of him...

That said, he hasn't exactly been a pillar back there recently so Kari's probably the right way to go this time.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 03:35 AM
Clownpipe*
Whitney Smash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
Vincour looked good with Morrow and Ribeiro. More of that please.
Aside from Lehtonen, this is the only positive to take from the game. It was instantaneous the way that line had 2-3 strong shifts in a row after they put Vincour on it. I think that was the first time in the game I saw pressure in the Cbus zone. The rest was pathetic. Zero forecheck, zero "zone time"...can't believe they finished with 30 shots. Brutal game. I thought Ericksson was especially terrible...I thought he was an all star...haven't seen it in the games I've watched. The defence is also brutal. I'm not sure how Dallas is going to get anywhere with this hardscrabble group.

(BTW....I'm not trying to flame....I'm an Oilers fan, living in Vancouver, but thinking of taking a job in Dallas [which I would WELCOME after living in Vancouver], so I have *very* recently become a secondary Stars fan).

Hope to see more of this team, when they don't look like ****. Also, I think you might have the best broadcast duo in the NHL.

Clownpipe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 08:26 AM
vofty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownpipe View Post
Aside from Lehtonen, this is the only positive to take from the game. It was instantaneous the way that line had 2-3 strong shifts in a row after they put Vincour on it. I think that was the first time in the game I saw pressure in the Cbus zone. The rest was pathetic. Zero forecheck, zero "zone time"...can't believe they finished with 30 shots. Brutal game. I thought Ericksson was especially terrible...I thought he was an all star...haven't seen it in the games I've watched. The defence is also brutal. I'm not sure how Dallas is going to get anywhere with this hardscrabble group.

(BTW....I'm not trying to flame....I'm an Oilers fan, living in Vancouver, but thinking of taking a job in Dallas [which I would WELCOME after living in Vancouver], so I have *very* recently become a secondary Stars fan).

Hope to see more of this team, when they don't look like ****. Also, I think you might have the best broadcast duo in the NHL.
Nope, no flaming just said it like it is. Eriksson traditionally is the Stars most consistent player night in and night out, but since the All Star game he has struggled to find consistency. If Dallas hopes to do anything in the playoffs they need a significant upgrade on defense, this is certainly nothing new. But I do think that when some of these injured players return some strong forward defensive play will help hide some of the defensive corps woes. Aside from Barch all of the forwards that are out are very strong defensively.

vofty is offline   Reply With Quote