HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers - Kings

Old
02-13-2011, 09:03 PM
TOGuy14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChill View Post
To Oilers: Brayden Schenn
To Kings: Dustin Penner
What else are you tossing into the offer, your 1st?

LA is only moving Schenn for an elite talent, not an average wing.

TOGuy14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:03 PM
rajuabju
The One & Only

Penner isnt worth Schenn

But he is a good player, and would be a great fit for the Kings.

We should make an offer for him.

Something around a 1st + Teubert + Parse/Moller

We have so many different asset combo's we could offer. I hope DL isnt going to sit still.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:04 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
What is/isn't available won't truly be known until the deadline. I'm sure most would have said Florida wouldn't trade Frolik given they are rebuilding.
I could have predicted that. He isn't really a Tallon type player according to most insiders and he was very inconsistent this year. IIRC, he was a scratch a couple times and they wanted more grit to his game and he was playing soft. Point is, there were reasons to trade him and he wasn't really a major piece to their rebuild, according to their GM anyways.

Getting a player that is a better LW than a 30 goal scorer doesn't seem likely.

SDig14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:06 PM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Well, our GM could beat up your GM.
nah, Lombardi would talk your GM to sleep before the first punch is thrown.

ZJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:13 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

[QUOTE=CSimpson18;30901117]
Quote:

Disagree, he's the fastest massive scoring forward in the league. Not sure if this link will work right but check out his goal against Nashville a couple games back. He's fast enough, I doubt Lemieux was much faster.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...71208&fr=false

Or the one against NYI a little down the list.
Lemieux was incredibly fast actually. He is the perfect example of a big guy looking lazy. His one stride was the distance of two from a Marty St. Louis.

Mario's skating was easily the most underrated of his many all-star caliber skills. Lumping Penner in with Mario is a misjustice. Youtube Mario. Him turning Ray Bourque inside out in the playoffs in the early 90's is the one that I remember most.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:15 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuabju View Post
Penner isnt worth Schenn

We have so many different asset combo's we could offer. I hope DL isnt going to sit still.
I would make that deal. That, or upgrade Teubert + Moller to just Forbort.

Old
02-13-2011, 09:16 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
I could have predicted that. He isn't really a Tallon type player according to most insiders and he was very inconsistent this year. IIRC, he was a scratch a couple times and they wanted more grit to his game and he was playing soft. Point is, there were reasons to trade him and he wasn't really a major piece to their rebuild, according to their GM anyways.

Getting a player that is a better LW than a 30 goal scorer doesn't seem likely.
Sure you could have, just forgot to, right?

A lot of young players get scratched as a motivator. not many 21 year olds who are second on a rebuilding teams scoring lists get dealt. There's a reason for that. I don't recall to many Florida fans trying to send him packing either. Obviously he wasn't part of the future for them, but my point is that the guys who are/aren't available isn't well known publicly, especially to you and other fans. The only guys who would know are the Bob McKenzie types, and every trade deadline even they get shocked with a name or two that gets traded.

Old
02-13-2011, 09:20 PM
OilersPride04

to la
hemsky
reddox
o'mara
pick ( 2 or 3 or 4)

to edm
schenn
a conditional pick (3, 2 if make playoffs 1 if finals or wins the cup)

OilersPride04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
The Kings need a scoring left winger...you missed out on Kovalchuk, and do you see any other top line, scoring left wingers available? I don't.
Brad Boyes

Meatwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:28 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Sure you could have, just forgot to, right?

A lot of young players get scratched as a motivator. not many 21 year olds who are second on a rebuilding teams scoring lists get dealt. There's a reason for that. I don't recall to many Florida fans trying to send him packing either. Obviously he wasn't part of the future for them, but my point is that the guys who are/aren't available isn't well known publicly, especially to you and other fans. The only guys who would know are the Bob McKenzie types, and every trade deadline even they get shocked with a name or two that gets traded.
Of course it DOES happen, and maybe DL will be the guy to get the 1 scoring LW that goes that no one thinks will be dealt, but it's just not very likely that there is a guy out there better than Penner that no one knows about that could get dealt in the next 2 weeks. Could happen, but history suggests it's unlikely.

Old
02-13-2011, 09:32 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Of course it DOES happen, and maybe DL will be the guy to get the 1 scoring LW that goes that no one thinks will be dealt, but it's just not very likely that there is a guy out there better than Penner that no one knows about that could get dealt in the next 2 weeks. Could happen, but history suggests it's unlikely.
You make it sound like it's a rarity for a guy to get dealt that was off the board. It happens, and hate to break it to you but Penner isn't some all-star. As teams fall out of the playoff race, guys will become available.

And for LA, even if Penner was the best, that still doesn't mean we pay the price to get him.

I still think LA waits until the off-season and either puts the pressure on NJ for Parise or makes a trade at the draft for a scoring winger.

Old
02-13-2011, 09:43 PM
CSimpson18

[QUOTE=kingsfan;30901402]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post

Lemieux was incredibly fast actually. He is the perfect example of a big guy looking lazy. His one stride was the distance of two from a Marty St. Louis.

Mario's skating was easily the most underrated of his many all-star caliber skills. Lumping Penner in with Mario is a misjustice. Youtube Mario. Him turning Ray Bourque inside out in the playoffs in the early 90's is the one that I remember most.
My point earlier was that Lemieux was alot faster than people thought so we are in agreement. That Bourque goal was where he had him turned inside out six ways from sunday all the way down the ice right? classic. I was around and watchin hockey when mario got started, I don't need to youtube him.

Penner suffers from the same misconception. Probably based on length of their legs.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:44 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I think Oilers fans are just as tired of this BS as Kings fans are.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:48 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuabju View Post
Penner isnt worth Schenn

Teubert is akin to Alex Plante imo. Not far above keith aulie. Not something you ask for when dealing your best trading chip. I understand a first has value but I would be disappointed to see Penner or Hemsky moved where the return was based around a #15 pick. Ideally, package Penner/Hemsky with a good prospect. How much interest does LA have in Ryan Martindale? He's Toffoli's center on the highest scoring line in the CHL. 6'3" Could help soften the blow for losing Forbort.

At the risk of being flamed for the next 3 pages by angry Kings fans, Hemsky+Martindale for 1st+Forbort?

Old
02-13-2011, 09:51 PM
McDNicks17
McDavid Cometh

vCash: 1115
Quote:
Teubert is akin to Alex Plante imo. Not far above keith aulie. Not something you ask for when dealing your best trading chip. I understand a first has value but I would be disappointed to see Penner or Hemsky moved where the return was based around a #15 pick. Ideally, package Penner/Hemsky with a good prospect. How much interest does LA have in Ryan Martindale? He's Toffoli's center on the highest scoring line in the CHL. 6'3" Could help soften the blow for losing Forbort.

At the risk of being flamed for the next 3 pages by angry Kings fans, Hemsky+Martindale for 1st+Forbort?
...Why would we trade Martindale?

He's looking like a steal in the 3rd, and he's our best chance at developing a big #1C from within our system.

McDNicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:51 PM
SDig14

Quote:
You make it sound like it's a rarity for a guy to get dealt that was off the board. It happens, and hate to break it to you but Penner isn't some all-star. As teams fall out of the playoff race, guys will become available.

And for LA, even if Penner was the best, that still doesn't mean we pay the price to get him.

I still think LA waits until the off-season and either puts the pressure on NJ for Parise or makes a trade at the draft for a scoring winger.
Please, don't put words in my mouth. Nowhere did I say Penner is an all-star or that guys off the board get traded. Do I think it's a rarity that guys BETTER than Penner do get traded without anyone knowing he was available? Of course I do. Get back to me after the deadline and let me know if there is some dynamic 35+ goal scoring winger better than Penner that gets traded without anyone having any idea he was being shopped. It is a rarity b/c statistically it doesn't happen very often.

Old
02-13-2011, 09:52 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
If people are so tired of it why click on the thread? It's just stupid. I like to speculate and I like to hear about prospects...

edit - oh, and argue

Old
02-13-2011, 10:01 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
...Why would we trade Martindale?

He's looking like a steal in the 3rd, and he's our best chance at developing a big #1C from within our system.
I don't want to say why we'd trade him, it would open the door for other fans to call him garbage. You're right he's our future 1C.

Old
02-13-2011, 10:03 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
I take it you missed out on all those Schenn to Toronto proposals over the last year and a half

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:04 PM
no name

Quote:
I'm tired of reading it. If people don't want to hear this stuff dont enter the thread, it's pretty simple.

I'm impressed with how many Kings fans there are on here, they always are around to make alot of noise. I'm not impressed by their average understanding of value.
That's funny. How come canadian fans are always joked about not knowing hockey outside of canada? Canadian media are the most biased personalities about canadian teams and players. I laugh every time I watch Hockey Night In canada and listen to their uninformed and agenda ridden views of US teams. They say things that are down right wrong and present it to their audience as facts. Unless it's the Penguins they are largely uniformed.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:04 PM
McDNicks17
McDavid Cometh

vCash: 1115
Quote:
I don't want to say why we'd trade him, it would open the door for other fans to call him garbage. You're right he's our future 1C.
I didn't say he's our future #1C. I said he's the best chance we have at a #1C in our system...

McDNicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:11 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
That's funny. How come canadian fans are always joked about not knowing hockey outside of canada? Canadian media are the most biased personalities about canadian teams and players. I laugh every time I watch Hockey Night In canada and listen to their uninformed and agenda ridden views of US teams. They say things that are down right wrong and present it to their audience as facts. Unless it's the Penguins they are largely uniformed.
An american claiming Canadian hockey fans don't know much about markets outside their own? You sure you want to go there? Hockey night in canada is uninformed? True they talk about Leafs WAY too much but what out there is better? TSN is OK but it's sooooo biased towards the east. Are you claiming there's a show in the states that provides better NHL coverage? I find that...dubious. I watch alot of hockey online so I'm exposed to all the different networks. HNIC > the rest. Ron Maclean the best commentator in the sport, Mackenzie second best, Ferraro third. Just my opinion. I have been really impressed with the Stars coverage among others down south.

Old
02-13-2011, 10:17 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
If people are so tired of it why click on the thread? It's just stupid. I like to speculate and I like to hear about prospects...

edit - oh, and argue
The only problem is that this exact same proposal has been done about 20 times since the summer and each time majority of Oilers fans have agreed that this is too much for Penner and Kings fans can agree that it's too little for Schenn.

The only problem is that there's the odd boob who doesn't long into hfboards very often and he brings up a topic that's been beat to death a million times. That's what's stupid.

Like tomorrow, some boob is going to make a proposal involving Penner going to Toronto for scraps. It's unavoidable. Some people have this gift for typing before thinking.

You like that talk about prospects? That's great! I do too! But Penner isn't a prospect, and this is a proposal thread. Didn't you notice?

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:20 PM
rajuabju
The One & Only

Quote:

Fair enough on Teubert, but Forbort isnt gonna happen.

I also think you underestimate Moller. He has a lot of skill and would replace some of Penner's scoring.

How about keeping Moller, the 1st, and changing Teubert for Martin Jones... sorry but you guys need goaltending.

Or I'd keep Teubert in the original package and just add Zatkoff, another goaltending prospect we've gone in pipeline.

Both Jones and Zatkoff are good options, just been totally overshadowed by Bernier.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:22 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
The only problem is that this exact same proposal has been done about 20 times since the summer and each time majority of Oilers fans have agreed that this is too much for Penner and Kings fans can agree that it's too little for Schenn.

The only problem is that there's the odd boob who doesn't long into hfboards very often and he brings up a topic that's been beat to death a million times. That's what's stupid.

Like tomorrow, some boob is going to make a proposal involving Penner going to Toronto for scraps. It's unavoidable. Some people have this gift for typing before thinking.

You like that talk about prospects? That's great! I do too! But Penner isn't a prospect, and this is a proposal thread. Didn't you notice?
Penner's not a prospect but schenn, teubert, forbort, voynov, hickey, martindale and a few others mentioned are.

Why is someone a boob for raising a topic they are curious about? I've never started a thread personally but if someone doesn't search back or they want newer opinion that might bring new information to light I'm fine with that. If you don't want to hear it, go elsewhere. Or at least don't bother with one liners and 's. No need to be an HF snob/bully, that might be the lowest form of life on the planet.

edit- not to imply u are one of the bad ones, just generalizing