HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#55: Kings @ Flyers - Sunday, Feb. 13, 2011 - 3:00 PM (ET)

Old
02-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

vCash: 500
The missed calls today were obvious and horrendous. Much like the Flyers power play. Zherdev should be playing or traded.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:30 PM

vCash: 50
The non-call on the board i just don't understand. The referee was looking directly at it, how can he not call it? It's clear as day.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
The non-call on the board i just don't understand. The referee was looking directly at it, how can he not call it? It's clear as day.

With about a minute left Leino was hooked hard 4 different times in the neutral zone on his way into the Kings end. Just brutal to miss those calls when a team is hanging back and hanging on by a thread. Kings should have been killing of a Peco for the last minute.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:26 PM
six sigma
Seahawks/Flyers

I took my kid to Monster Jam today and didn't see this one. Looks like I didn't miss much. :|

six sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 08:40 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Pronger's reaction to the game today:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?&id=97603
Here's the embeded video.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 09:29 PM
DenverBoone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
I refuse to accept any reasons to not at least try Z for 2-3 games on Top PP, the PP lost us the game. Nodl and CArbomb can not both be in the top 9, no justification at all. If benching Z means these 2 useless ****s get more ice time, make a trade or try someone from the Phantoms. They are 4th liners and nothing more.
Benching Z in favor of Carcillo and Shelley defies explanation. Today was a day where you need him to make an individual effort and get a goal.

DenverBoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:52 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBoone View Post
Benching Z in favor of Carcillo and Shelley defies explanation. Today was a day where you need him to make an individual effort and get a goal.
Yeah very true. We had a decent game, but 90% of things we did on offense was bland or failed. A Zherdev cherrypick breakaway would have been greatly appreciated today.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:00 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I thought the line changes had them out of sorts. They were either a step ahead or behind passes.

A few penalties not called as well, but the PP's the Flyers got the Kings seems to always know where the Flyers were going. Stoll boarding Pronger was obvious. Briere was tripped in the 2nd period and it wasn't called either.

This team needs another forward, Carcillo just is not a Top 9 forward. Didn't help his cause that Kyle Clifford has his way with him.
We need another forward? Greed I tell you. Greed.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:05 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Yeah very true. We had a decent game, but 90% of things we did on offense was bland or failed. A Zherdev cherrypick breakaway would have been greatly appreciated today.
Yeah but you can't count on that every game. I would like to see Z in the games but if he gets benched I'm sure there is a reason for it (lack of effort in practice/in-game, Carcillo playing well, etc).

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:37 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

like any "stacked" forward lineup good goaltending is going to beat you. Doesnt matter who you are, or how good you think you are. No way of telling if Zherdev could of made a differance. For all we know he could of done something that would of cost us a goal.
That said, no matter how much people think this team is deep at forward on defense we still need to go out and try to make this team better. if you have that opportunity without overpaying you do it.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:44 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
like any "stacked" forward lineup good goaltending is going to beat you. Doesnt matter who you are, or how good you think you are. No way of telling if Zherdev could of made a differance. For all we know he could of done something that would of cost us a goal.
That said, no matter how much people think this team is deep at forward on defense we still need to go out and try to make this team better. if you have that opportunity without overpaying you do it.
Goaltending, like pitching, always rules the day. Quick was great today, and we lost.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:11 AM
MiD

Quote:
No way of telling if Zherdev could of made a differance. For all we know he could of done something that would of cost us a goal.
so his replacement on G-Carter line cost Flyers goal falling G didn't help either, Richards looked lost at LW, this whole 18-28-17 experiment was big failure, Kopitar's line held them in the d zone few times... what can you do?? +1 for HBL as PP unit and Richards on point

MiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 06:18 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

There are times I really detest TSN.

Their description of the Stoll-Pronger incident? Pronger jumped Stoll.

How about you speak to someone who watched the game before you make idiotic comments based on the latter part of a clip?

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 06:29 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Yep - trade that piece of ****.
Where did I say trade him. Always amazed how people get all up in arms when you criticize a favorite player. He has been subpar since the break. Your kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:36 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
There are times I really detest TSN.

Their description of the Stoll-Pronger incident? Pronger jumped Stoll.

How about you speak to someone who watched the game before you make idiotic comments based on the latter part of a clip?
They son't even show the board, the clip starts with Prongs getting up and retaliating Their bias is awesome

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:09 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Where did I say trade him. Always amazed how people get all up in arms when you criticize a favorite player. He has been subpar since the break. Your kidding yourself if you think otherwise.
He was all over the place yesterday, but nothing was a crisp as usually expected.

Nobody wanted to adjust to what the defense was giving them yesterday, especially on the PP. When the other team's PK coach knows our players that well, we need to mix it up a bit. Also, Quick was very good. I still laugh when people say he's just been holding Bernier's place.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:27 AM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Goaltending, like pitching, always rules the day. Quick was great today, and we lost.
No way dude, goaltending is the single least important position in hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux the Damaja
. . .
I just realized what your username references. A+.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:06 PM
kicksave27

why these lines, why. You go from a 3 line team to a 2 line team. Richards and Carter can't be on the ice together. I wish they would trade Z, then I wouldn't be mad when they dress shelley instead of him. Shelley's "presence" didn't keep pronger from getting run. The NHL needs to suspend shelley again, for the rest of the season, that would be perfect.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:10 PM
Cartsiephan*

Carter, Giroux, and Richards were all bums yesterday. I wish I could get paid $67,000 a game to float around and make stupid passes and coast to the bench afterwards.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Zherdev is not going to help IMO, it takes lines who are willing to compete every shift and be physical much like LA did. They do not have the scoring depth but they were able to play a solid game and create good chances off of just being a more physical team.

The achilles heel of this team is that people think they are the deepest scoring threat in the NHL, but the problem is if they are not scoring what else do they provide? At least the HBL line can dominate a shift in the offensive zone and create chances off of their cycle or get a PP chance off of the effort.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote