HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XI

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2011, 11:28 PM
rajuabju

vCash: 500
Booth is not what this team needs. We already picked up Sturm (who I also didnt think was a great solution).

What we need is a true #1 LW sniper. Like Parise.

There's no point in trading for lesser players and putting them on the #1 line. Penner might be a good solution.

Booth doesnt get me excited at all; especially not for what the Panthers would want in return.

DL should target Parise or Penner. If Booth is the only LW available, I'd rather not make a move and throw an offer sheet at Parise in the off-season.

Old
02-13-2011, 11:29 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Cory Stillman makes too much sense. Position of need (LW), expiring contract (see Modin & Halpern) and will probably cost nothing but a pick (see Modin, Sturm, etc..)

Cory Stillman will be a King come the deadline, book it, whether we like it or not. Actually I remember him playing for the Sens a couple years ago, he played pretty well, of course this was like 2-3 years ago, haven't watched him in a while and his numbers are pretty bunk

OH and he won the Stanley Cup with Justin Williams in Carolina, brings that kind of leadership and experience, it makes too much sense lol

Old
02-13-2011, 11:38 PM
Shellz

You don't have 5 scouts to watch a player like Cory Stillman.
Did they have that many for Modin and Halpern? (serious question)

Not that I'm against bringing in Stillman, but I would much rather have Booth. Who knows what the asking price from him though.

Old
02-13-2011, 11:39 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Just for the record, I don't think Stillman would make a difference, we keep getting guys that patch up the main problem for a couple months and then they're let go once free agency comes around. We need someone who's a legit #1 LW, someone who's young and will fit in our locker room, compliment our core. We need to fix that hole, the hole on the LW because patching it up clearly doesn't work. Please Lombardi, stop being a ***** and just do the damn deal. David Booth is that guy, in my opinion, he's still young and puts up good numbers despite being the victim of a horrible head shot. Concussions are the worst to get over but look at how Doughty's bounced back.

The package would probably be expensive, not sure what Florida is asking for but I just hope Schenn isn't involved

Old
02-13-2011, 11:44 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
You don't have 5 scouts to watch a player like Cory Stillman.
Did they have that many for Modin and Halpern? (serious question)

Not that I'm against bringing in Stillman, but I would much rather have Booth. Who knows what the asking price from him though.
This whole 5 scouts thing makes little sense anyways...you don't send 5 scouts to scout anyone...and even with any amount of scouts at any one game you wouldn't make a judgment on a player based on that game its just stupid.

If anything this might just be a DL smoke screen/bargaining piece.

Old
02-13-2011, 11:45 PM
Johnny Utah

Booth has 15 goals. Enough said. That is barely any for what he makes and what he has put up in the past.

Old
02-13-2011, 11:48 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
This whole 5 scouts thing makes little sense anyways...you don't spend 5 scouts to scout anyone...and even with any amount of scouts at any one game you wouldn't make a judgment on a player based on that game its just stupid.
Well, that's what was on a twitter and a legit one at that. I'm not saying I disagree though. But, maybe they were watching a couple players? I have no idea. But having that many scouts at a game screams , "We are serious" or they just have nothing better to do.

Old
02-13-2011, 11:57 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

The scouts were enjoying an early spring break in Florida

Old
02-14-2011, 12:13 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Booth is a hell of a lot like Brown, and you all love to hate Brown, and yet you're advocating acquiring Booth....

Old
02-14-2011, 12:30 AM
lafan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Booth is a hell of a lot like Brown, and you all love to hate Brown, and yet you're advocating acquiring Booth....
Booth is a tad more skilled then brown is with the puck....

brown hits people, and takes dives to draw penalities, and alot of his goals i would classify as luck...

Booth can move the puck very well, and has a pretty gnarly shot, his hands are 100% better then browns, but yet he has a glass jaw, and is a magnet for hits to the head...

Its pretty hard to compare booth and brown as the same

Old
02-14-2011, 12:37 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 0
Getting in the right position is not luck. Especially when you see guys make very successful careers out of it. Booth is not much better than Brown when it comes down to it, sure Brown is playing poorly right now but when it's going well for him we really enjoy it. I'd like to have both of them on the team.

Old
02-14-2011, 12:40 AM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Getting in the right position is not luck. Especially when you see guys make very successful careers out of it. Booth is not much better than Brown when it comes down to it, sure Brown is playing poorly right now but when it's going well for him we really enjoy it. I'd like to have both of them on the team.
I'd like to have Booth on the team, he has a bit of speed too.

Btw, what did you make of the F Torres situation, my wife had just bought me his book for my birthday, one week before he left.

Old
02-14-2011, 12:41 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 0
I hate Torres now.

Old
02-14-2011, 12:44 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Booth doesn't embarrass his team by diving and complaining to the refs when a call doesn't go his way.

Old
02-14-2011, 12:47 AM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
I hate Torres now.
I'd love it if we somehow managed to pip Chelsea to the top 4 spot.

How about trying to pry Perron from the blues?

Old
02-14-2011, 01:00 AM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Oh yeah, welcome back, Jones
People are trying to eat around here...so WATCH IT...

Old
02-14-2011, 01:02 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Booth doesn't embarrass his team by diving and complaining to the refs when a call doesn't go his way.
The same way Briere did today(when Stoll pushed him infront of the net)? Or when Semin embarrassed his team yesterday?? O wait everyone on this board wants Semin so the selective amnesia set in on that one...Keep treating Brown like a stepchild all you want, but everyone on this board keeps trying to rewrite the history of Brown's play.

Old
02-14-2011, 01:05 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Booth has 15 goals. Enough said. That is barely any for what he makes and what he has put up in the past.
Quote:
Yep.

The only reason people around here want booth is because they think the grass is greener on the other side.

Old
02-14-2011, 01:07 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
I hate Torres now.
My favorite player in football. One of his tattoos is pretty much a replica of mine, it was the weirdest coincidence. I'm a huge Spain supporter, when it comes to International play and a.. get ready for this lol.. Newcastle supporter

I want to ****ing kill Mike Ashley for making Andy Carroll sign that transfer request, I don't care what anyone says, AC09 did not want to leave the Toon man, he's from Newcastle, an original Magpie but how can that mother****er Mike Ashley say no to 35M? Clearly Liverpool overpayed for him lol, it was a reaction move because of the Torres loss and they had to do something. I don't think Carroll is worth 35M lol, he's played half a season in the EPL and has been injured for a month now, but the potential is definitely there, one of my fave players. I just hope Ashley does something with that 35M and doesn't pocket it, ****. Actually, I just hope we don't get relegated at this point.

Way off topic, sorry haha

Old
02-14-2011, 02:08 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:

If anything this might just be a DL smoke screen/bargaining piece.
Precisely, Dean uses the media as a tool to get any possible leverage he can get during this time period of trade talks. Just ask Hammond.

Old
02-14-2011, 02:09 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
The same way Briere did today(when Stoll pushed him infront of the net)? Or when Semin embarrassed his team yesterday?? O wait everyone on this board wants Semin so the selective amnesia set in on that one...Keep treating Brown like a stepchild all you want, but everyone on this board keeps trying to rewrite the history of Brown's play.
There's no need to rewrite history; Brown's play speaks for itself. He dives. He whines. He turns the puck over like it's his obligation. I don't hate him but this team certainly wouldn't fall apart without him.

Old
02-14-2011, 02:16 AM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
My favorite player in football. One of his tattoos is pretty much a replica of mine, it was the weirdest coincidence. I'm a huge Spain supporter, when it comes to International play and a.. get ready for this lol.. Newcastle supporter

I want to ****ing kill Mike Ashley for making Andy Carroll sign that transfer request, I don't care what anyone says, AC09 did not want to leave the Toon man, he's from Newcastle, an original Magpie but how can that mother****er Mike Ashley say no to 35M? Clearly Liverpool overpayed for him lol, it was a reaction move because of the Torres loss and they had to do something. I don't think Carroll is worth 35M lol, he's played half a season in the EPL and has been injured for a month now, but the potential is definitely there, one of my fave players. I just hope Ashley does something with that 35M and doesn't pocket it, ****. Actually, I just hope we don't get relegated at this point.

Way off topic, sorry haha
I thought Newcastle were going ok for a while. Im hoping Carroll can live up to our hopes and I hope Torres does a Shevchenko (sp?).

Back to hockey, I'm hoping we can bring in someone like a Grabner, Raymond, Perron aged player. Probably expensive but young enough to fit with the core.

Old
02-14-2011, 02:18 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

There is one thing I can't stand about Brown, and this is mainly because of him being captain, but any time a player like Doughty or Kopitar gets abused by the opponent, Brown NEVER steps in. You see Simmonds take care of the dirty work (like when he fought Mark Stuart after Stuart checked Kopitar). I'd think a lot more highly of Brown if he stuck up for his team more often. He's also way too passive aggressive in my opinion.

Old
02-14-2011, 02:22 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
There's no need to rewrite history; Brown's play speaks for itself. He dives. He whines. He turns the puck over like it's his obligation. I don't hate him but this team certainly wouldn't fall apart without him.
When has Brown ever whined? And turning the puck over does happen, but it also happens to JW just as much....and he and Stoll are also prone to take stupid penalties. But hey lets just name the slights of a singular player because everyone else on the ice are saints.

Old
02-14-2011, 04:04 AM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
There is one thing I can't stand about Brown, and this is mainly because of him being captain, but any time a player like Doughty or Kopitar gets abused by the opponent, Brown NEVER steps in. You see Simmonds take care of the dirty work (like when he fought Mark Stuart after Stuart checked Kopitar). I'd think a lot more highly of Brown if he stuck up for his team more often. He's also way too passive aggressive in my opinion.
To put in perspective, fights by NHL captains this season:

Getzlaf - 1 (McCormick: Off a faceoff, Ducks down 3 goals)
Ladd - 1 (Girardi: After Ladd's questionable hit on Staal)
Chara - 1 (Neil: Response to Neil's hit on Seidenberg during the two teams previous meeting)
Iginla - 2 (Dorsett: unsure of cause, appears Dorsett goaded Iginla into dropping the gloves, Benn: response to Benn's hit on Giordano)
Foote - 1 (Pelley: After Pelley's hit on Cumisky)
Morrow - 1 (Letang: after they slashed each other a couple times)
Richards - 1 (Cooke: off opening faceoff....no idea what the reason was, but when its Cooke, its probably payback for something)
Doan - 1 (Kubina: after Kubina knee on Yandle)
Crosby - 1 (Niskanen: Off a faceoff, Pitt down 3 goals)
Brewer - 3 (Sbisa: Brawl when blues were down by 4, Ducks were responding to Winchester knee on Lupul, Ott: Ott goads Brewer, Voros: retaliation for Voros's high hit on Polak)
Phaneuf- 3 (Horton: Off a faceoff, the two had been exchanging crosschecks and slashes throughout the game, Kovalchuk: Phaneuf goads Kovalchuk, Newbury: Newbury hit Phaneuf in a 7-0 NYR lead, Phaneuf grabs Newbury)
Ovechkin - 1 (Dubinsky, After Ovechkin hit on Girardi)

None: Rivet, Staal, Toews, Nash, Lidstrom, Horcoff, McCabe, Brown, Koivu, Gionta, Weber, Weight, Drury, Alfredsson, Thornton, Sedin, Lecavalier, Langenbrunner (none while captain of the Devils, but has 1 fight since being traded to DAL)

In the end, there are 5 (Maybe 6 in the Richards/Cooke) instances this season where a captain has dropped the gloves after a hit on one of that captain's teammates. Of the remaining 12, 3 were the other team responding to the captain or captain's teammates actions, 5 were instances of one on one battles between the captain and his partner, 3 were after frustration at the score or the way the game was going. Brown is one of 18 Captains that have not dropped the gloves this season.

Closed Thread