HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers - Kings

Old
02-13-2011, 10:22 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
I take it you missed out on all those Schenn to Toronto proposals over the last year and a half
HAH I wish! Before that every other team was making proposals for JVR. He was penciled in to be an instant superstar.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:31 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
Penner's not a prospect but schenn, teubert, forbort, voynov, hickey, martindale and a few others mentioned are.

Why is someone a boob for raising a topic they are curious about? If you don't want to hear it, go elsewhere. Or at least don't bother with one liners and 's. No need to be an HF snob/bully, that might be the lowest form of life on the planet.
There is no bulling going on here.

Just me pointing out what a pointless and pathetic proposal we're looking at here.

I believe L.A and Edmonton to have assets which could make them potential trade partners, but there's no way on earth L.A is going to pull the trigger on a deal like this.

All of the Oilers fans know it.

All of the Kings fans know it.

And if the OP doesn't know, it's a crying shame, because it's incredibly obvious.

Schenn by many is regarded as the best player and most NHL ready player not currently playing in the NHL. That's no mystery or news flash to anyone.

If mocking someone for being a helplessly ignorant is being a bully, then that makes me a bully.

But if I were to go on some message boards to chat about something like basketball or baseball I'd expect people to mock me, because my proposals would be equally brutal due to my lack of knowledge.

There's a reason why HFboards makes you wait before they allow you to post proposals. Because some people want to jump on here right away and start writing the most obscene crap you could imagine. I believe that HFboards hopes that new users come peek around the first few weeks they're here to get an idea of how much certain players are respected.

That way I can't just create an account and start writing insane proposals like Penner for Schenn or MPS + Hemsky for Malkin.

The savior has spoken.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:03 PM
DrChill

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
The only problem is that this exact same proposal has been done about 20 times since the summer and each time majority of Oilers fans have agreed that this is too much for Penner and Kings fans can agree that it's too little for Schenn.

The only problem is that there's the odd boob who doesn't long into hfboards very often and he brings up a topic that's been beat to death a million times. That's what's stupid.

Like tomorrow, some boob is going to make a proposal involving Penner going to Toronto for scraps. It's unavoidable. Some people have this gift for typing before thinking.

You like that talk about prospects? That's great! I do too! But Penner isn't a prospect, and this is a proposal thread. Didn't you notice?
Why don't you just not read the proposal then and move onto something else.... crazy idea I know.

DrChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:06 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

[QUOTE=CSimpson18;30902230]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post

My point earlier was that Lemieux was alot faster than people thought so we are in agreement. That Bourque goal was where he had him turned inside out six ways from sunday all the way down the ice right? classic. I was around and watchin hockey when mario got started, I don't need to youtube him.

Penner suffers from the same misconception. Probably based on length of their legs.
I was around when Lemieux got started too, and I disagree with your assessment of Penner, but I guess we may as wel agree to disagree.

Btw, yeah it was that goal. One of my favorites from Mario, though the one where he underdressed the entire Minnesota North Stars D before embarrassing Jon Carey (I think) in net was probably my favorite of his goals.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:08 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
At the risk of being flamed for the next 3 pages by angry Kings fans, Hemsky+Martindale for 1st+Forbort?
I'd do this, or something similar.

Old
02-13-2011, 11:13 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Please, don't put words in my mouth. Nowhere did I say Penner is an all-star or that guys off the board get traded. Do I think it's a rarity that guys BETTER than Penner do get traded without anyone knowing he was available? Of course I do. Get back to me after the deadline and let me know if there is some dynamic 35+ goal scoring winger better than Penner that gets traded without anyone having any idea he was being shopped. It is a rarity b/c statistically it doesn't happen very often.
Where did I say you think penner is an all-star?

As for guys like Penner or better being available, it all depends on a varity of factors, most importantly which teams are declaring themselves out of it. If a few teams go on a huge stumble, there could be some great guys avialable. Or there could be no one. We don't know yet, and we also we never know after either. I mean LA could make Kopitar available as an example (unlieklY I know, but just as an example) but if he doesn't move, how would we know he was available?

Point is, if Penner is the best winger available, this isn't exactly the best trade deadline in league history.

Old
02-13-2011, 11:33 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Where did I say you think penner is an all-star?

As for guys like Penner or better being available, it all depends on a varity of factors, most importantly which teams are declaring themselves out of it. If a few teams go on a huge stumble, there could be some great guys avialable. Or there could be no one. We don't know yet, and we also we never know after either. I mean LA could make Kopitar available as an example (unlieklY I know, but just as an example) but if he doesn't move, how would we know he was available?

Point is, if Penner is the best winger available, this isn't exactly the best trade deadline in league history.
Well, you said this "hate to break it to you but Penner isn't some all-star".

Anyways, no point in arguing because we are just getting into semantics at this point. That being said, I'll agree it isn't the best trade deadline, but that's simply because there are so many teams in a similar position to your Kings that none of them are willing to dump players at the deadline. IMO, not much will change from now till then with respect to adding sellers b/c most teams only have around 5-6 games from now till the deadline...unless one team goes 1-5 or 0-6, they will be within a couple wins of the playoffs still.

I think we agree on the value though. Anything less than Forbort/Hickey + 1st doesn't make sense long-term for the Oilers and trading Penner for Schenn or Bernier simply makes no sense right now for the Kings.

That being said, I actually hope DL is kicking tired on Hemsky instead. IMO, he doesn't fit the Kings as well as Penner, but it has been written they are more interested in him. I want to keep Penner because he is simply much harder to replace for the Oilers.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:28 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Well, you said this "hate to break it to you but Penner isn't some all-star".

Anyways, no point in arguing because we are just getting into semantics at this point. That being said, I'll agree it isn't the best trade deadline, but that's simply because there are so many teams in a similar position to your Kings that none of them are willing to dump players at the deadline. IMO, not much will change from now till then with respect to adding sellers b/c most teams only have around 5-6 games from now till the deadline...unless one team goes 1-5 or 0-6, they will be within a couple wins of the playoffs still.

I think we agree on the value though. Anything less than Forbort/Hickey + 1st doesn't make sense long-term for the Oilers and trading Penner for Schenn or Bernier simply makes no sense right now for the Kings.

That being said, I actually hope DL is kicking tired on Hemsky instead. IMO, he doesn't fit the Kings as well as Penner, but it has been written they are more interested in him. I want to keep Penner because he is simply much harder to replace for the Oilers.
I hope we go after Hemsky personally. I think our time to make a push is next year, so adding Hemsky this year allows us to add another top line winger in the off-season/next year. If we can keep Williams, add Hemsky and then another goalscorer without giving up anyone from the core, LA would be a huge threat next year.

Old
02-14-2011, 02:00 AM
markisonfire

I think a lot of people think that LA fans think Schenn is the next great one. This is absolutely not true. Most Kings fans, and many others, think he is the best prospect that is not playing in the NHL. That doesn't mean that will translate to him being a star in the NHL at all, just that he is the closest out of any prospect to making the jump. He doesn't have anything left to show at the junior level, just look at his stats.

Schenn could be traded. I don't think many people expect him to be a capable of becoming a #1 center. I hope he exceeds all our expectations, but he looks to be a very good second or third line center behind Kopitar. In a couple years, Kings could be pretty deadly down the middle with Kopitar, Loktionov, and Schenn.

If the right player is available, we hope Lombardi will pull the trigger. I've been a Kings fan long enough to know that selling the future doesn't often work out. There is a fine line between going all in and doing something stupid. I think that finding that line is what makes a champion.

Anyway, I don't think this is the year for the Kings to go all in. Kings fans have said for a while now, our window to make a run at the cup opens in the 2011-12 season. This season is another attempt at gaining experience and hopefully getting past the first round of the playoffs. Get our core guys the experience they need. Next year, go at it. Hard.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:06 AM
SDig14

Quote:
I hope we go after Hemsky personally. I think our time to make a push is next year, so adding Hemsky this year allows us to add another top line winger in the off-season/next year. If we can keep Williams, add Hemsky and then another goalscorer without giving up anyone from the core, LA would be a huge threat next year.
Well, let's hope they can get it done I'm just hoping that our GM doesn't value Hemsky significantly more than Penner and decide to deal him instead, because I think that could put us back a bit.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:26 AM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

vCash: 1271
Quote:
Vice versa with Oilers fans. We have aligned our view of value with our GM's, by and large, and I'd venture Oilers fans have as well with their GM. Maybe take a look at the standings and understand where that's gotten you. If you guys want Schenn's for Penner's, you'll be waiting a while to see that materialize.
What are you in eighth place? Holding on by the skin of your teeth? Ya, how I long for those days, fighting for eighth place only to get washed out in the first round. Good luck with that.

After we look at the standings together maybe we can check out the trophy cases?

When are Kings fans going to realize that the only success they have ever enjoyed has been the direct result of ex-Oilers? Gah!

I am the Liquor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 03:01 AM
dabeechman

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
What are you in eighth place? Holding on by the skin of your teeth? Ya, how I long for those days, fighting for eighth place only to get washed out in the first round. Good luck with that.
While you're looking at the standings...look a little lower...like...25 points lower. You do realize your team is in LAST place, right.

This is no slight to the other Oiler fans, but talking trash because we are in 8th, while your team is in last is beyond foolish.

BTW, LA may be in 8th, but they are also 3 points out of 3rd with games in hand on most teams.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 03:04 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 1839
Quote:

After we look at the standings together maybe we can check out the trophy cases?

When are Kings fans going to realize that the only success they have ever enjoyed has been the direct result of ex-Oilers? Gah!
****! I knew I should have jumped onto those Montreal Penguin bandwagons.. .but I went with the Kings. We are one of the worst clubs in the history of the NHL. I didnt care. It will be even more special when we win it. Unless im dead. Then my life would have sucked. Anyway to my point: We currently dont suck and are amongst the healthiest we have ever been prospectswise. Leave us alone

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 05:39 AM
Takao
kesbae

This is last years Leafs-Ducks.

Have fun Kings fans

Takao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 07:30 AM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
While you're looking at the standings...look a little lower...like...25 points lower. You do realize your team is in LAST place, right.

This is no slight to the other Oiler fans, but talking trash because we are in 8th, while your team is in last is beyond foolish.

BTW, LA may be in 8th, but they are also 3 points out of 3rd with games in hand on most teams.
His point was that the Kings are in no position to trash talk anyone about standings. They are seriously underachieving and in no place to condescend to anyone. Have what, 2 playoff wins in 18 years? Among the worst in the league in that regard.

Edmonton being last is actually the desired outcome, Kings on the other hand should be way higher in the standings. But hey Kings fans, keep thinking your team wouldn't be better off with a Hemsky or Penner. I'm sure the rest of the western conference is fine with you standing pat.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 08:04 AM
LeafsFan2342
#CallupColborne

Why would the kings trade their top prospect, with tons of upside for a guy whos 28, with a large salary, who is rapidly declining in value?

LeafsFan2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 08:14 AM
Ementy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan2342 View Post
Why would the kings trade their top prospect, with tons of upside for a guy whos 28, with a large salary, who is rapidly declining in value?
according toooooo.......you?

Ementy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 08:43 AM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post

I just find it curious that someone feels the need to kick us while we are down (hey, thanks for reminding us we are in last place, I wasnt paying attention), when the team they are pimping has made it out of the second round once in 43 years.

Old
02-14-2011, 08:48 AM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan2342 View Post
Right, 4mil is a large salary for a near ppg player... If hemsky is on a bad contract I can't imagine how mad you must be about Kessel and Phaneuf.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:27 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:

We will have good luck with that. I don't miss the days you are in, booking tee times in October and making your teams most valuable employees your scouts because you don't want to screw up another top five picks. I'll take fighting for the playoffs over that any day.

And if you want to sit and compare trophies over our teams histories, fine, you win. If you'd like to do so over say the past two decades, then what? We each have one fluky run to a cup finals and a bunch of seasons spent golfing. The days of Gretzky are gone for both of us, and none of it matters anymore. If you really want to compare trophies, we may as well enshrine the Leafs as the second best team ever. Doesn't really sound to brilliant does it?

And I'm glad to have success from past Oilers, just like I'm glad to have success from our current stable of former Oilers in Stoll, Smyth and Greene. Clearly giving them up made you a better team.

I love it when teams smack talk about their past when the last stroke of real glory they had was 20 years ago. I'll stick to the current standings, thanks. At least those are current day, not from a time before the internet. Next year, when we are making that cup push many hockey fans expect we will make, I wish you well in your quest to get out of the basement.

Old
02-14-2011, 09:32 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
His point was that the Kings are in no position to trash talk anyone about standings. They are seriously underachieving and in no place to condescend to anyone. Have what, 2 playoff wins in 18 years? Among the worst in the league in that regard.

Edmonton being last is actually the desired outcome, Kings on the other hand should be way higher in the standings.
Quote:
But hey Kings fans, keep thinking your team wouldn't be better off with a Hemsky or Penner.
I'm sure the rest of the western conference is fine with you standing pat.
For the record, I've said all along I'd want Hemsky. It's Penner I don't hold up as high as Oilers fans.

Btw, we have more than two playoff wins in 18 years, Thanks. We don't have a lot of success in the last 18 years, I won't deny that, but two wins? At least do some fact checking. In addition, outside of your cup finals run in 2006 (which btw was as an eighth seed, imagine that!) it's not like the Oilers have ripped the league up in the playoffs either in the past 18 years. You may have a few more wins than us, but last I looked we each have the same amount of cups in that time.

Old
02-14-2011, 09:36 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
I just find it curious that someone feels the need to kick us while we are down (hey, thanks for reminding us we are in last place, I wasnt paying attention), when the team they are pimping has made it out of the second round once in 43 years.
Once again, who cares about what happened 43 years ago? Or even 10 years ago? Recent success matters. Like I said, if you want to just include past glory, the Leafs are the second best team in NHL history and the Ottawa Senators in one way are right up there as well. Does that make sense?

I give you kudos on your cup run in 2006, but as I also mentioned, that came as an 8th seed and as i recall correctly, you guys were outside the playoffs that year at the trade deadline when you made a deal to get Dwayne Roloson. How was your 2006 season any different than our 2011 to this point? You had one weakness, you addressed it, and went on a shocking run. We have one weakness (goalscorer). If we address it, why can't we do the same?

Or was your 2006 cup run because of Gretzky, Messier, kurri, etc?

Get into the new millenium buddy.

Old
02-14-2011, 09:38 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Right, 4mil is a large salary for a near ppg player... If hemsky is on a bad contract I can't imagine how mad you must be about Kessel and Phaneuf.
I think he meant Penner. Penner's 28, Hemsky's 27, and he said a 28 year old.

Old
02-14-2011, 10:13 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Most Kings don't want to deal Schenn mainly because Kopitar is our only true offensive threat and it has been that way for sometime and there are Kings fans that value have a 1-2 punch center combination over have a center-winger duo. In the end, LA is looking to have both.

The only way Schenn gets moved is if there is a winger coming the other way of undeniable pedigree, is signed, and can play in a high majority of the games. Penner and Hemsky aren't those guys. The Kings would trade for one of those guys, but they aren't players that will net you those prospects. As the deadline comes closer and closer, it will be interesting to see what the Oilers get in return when all is said and done.

We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby. - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 11:09 AM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

Quote:
Once again, who cares about what happened 43 years ago? Or even 10 years ago? Recent success matters. Like I said, if you want to just include past glory, the Leafs are the second best team in NHL history and the Ottawa Senators in one way are right up there as well. Does that make sense?

I give you kudos on your cup run in 2006, but as I also mentioned, that came as an 8th seed and as i recall correctly, you guys were outside the playoffs that year at the trade deadline when you made a deal to get Dwayne Roloson. How was your 2006 season any different than our 2011 to this point? You had one weakness, you addressed it, and went on a shocking run. We have one weakness (goalscorer). If we address it, why can't we do the same?

Or was your 2006 cup run because of Gretzky, Messier, kurri, etc?

Get into the new millenium buddy.
I just find it funny that a fan of a team that has done nothing for 42 of their 43 year existence would poke fun at a struggling team.

How old were you when the Kings went to the finals?

Fact is your team has done squat, pretty much ever, so spare me the tee time talk, until you have something to brag about ok?

As far as trading Schenn goes, if I were a Kings fan, I would be dead set against it. If Lombardi trades Schenn, he needs to go, straight up. That being said your core is kind of spread out demographically. If it were up to me the core would be pared down to Kopitar, Schenn, JJ, Doughty, along with pieces like Clifford, Simmonds and Quick/Bernier. The rest of the team is expendable.

I would then filter in some of the other nice prospects over the next few years.

Going for it now at the expense of those prospects and/or Schenn would be stupid.