HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #58 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

View Poll Results: Game Talk Player of the Game: Game #58 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins
Artem Anisimov 7 5.98%
Sean Avery 0 0%
Brian Boyle 5 4.27%
Ryan Callahan 93 79.49%
Brandon Dubinsky 1 0.85%
Dan Girardi 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 0 0%
Ryan McDonagh 1 0.85%
Michael Sauer 0 0%
Marc Staal 8 6.84%
Other 2 1.71%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-13-2011, 09:51 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Couple of other minor things. The goal song after the first goal may have been the worst goal song ever. Was just 10-15 seconds of awkward silence after they blared the first horn before they started it again. And Dancin Larry came the closest I've seen to going over the balcony today when tripping mid dance. He had to grab the rail in front of him. Close call.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:07 PM
trueblue35

The Good: seeing a fan wearing one of these shirts http://crosbycrybaby.inkorporategraphics.com/shop/

trueblue35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:40 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Front page is up to date complete with postgame Youtube clips provided by Jesse Spector and Seth Rothman of Inside Hockey.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 10:52 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Couple of other minor things. The goal song after the first goal may have been the worst goal song ever. Was just 10-15 seconds of awkward silence after they blared the first horn before they started it again. And Dancin Larry came the closest I've seen to going over the balcony today when tripping mid dance. He had to grab the rail in front of him. Close call.
I actually thought the goal was waived off when it stopped so suddenly.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 11:02 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I actually thought the goal was waived off when it stopped so suddenly.
Same. I think the players were confused too Very very awkward moments.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:23 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

I liked anisimov in this game, but this was cally's game...

Lundqvist looked slow at times,most noticifly when getting up from the ice..

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:26 AM
jdhebner
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Front page is up to date complete with postgame Youtube clips provided by Jesse Spector and Seth Rothman of Inside Hockey.

Wonderful of you to organize that. Thanks!

jdhebner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 01:58 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhebner View Post
Wonderful of you to organize that. Thanks!
Not a problem. I do it every game.

Inferno got around to posting his postgame.

Old
02-14-2011, 04:54 AM
rody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
I voted Staal. He was on his game, big time. The Penguins were relentless on the forecheck and Staal was calm with the puck at all times.
Staal did play well. but I think Girardi had an even better game. he is the one that makes the out let pass, blocked 7 shots , has shown he does have a good shot from the point when they use him. They really play well together.

rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 05:26 AM
Chimp

You people are simply put ridiculous. You bash Hank for allowing three goals? Let's see here.

You whine that he was "flopping around on the ice" on the first goal. Yes, that first goal when he was left completely alone with an uncontested shooter in front of the net and had to single handedly take care of the rebound as well. He "flopped", to cut the ice for the rebound. Not a D-man in sight. A scramble ensues, the puck ends up further up ice and is redirected into the net off one of our own D-men. How about the other 5 pylons on the ice that lost puck battle after puck battle and left the most important area in the defensive zone completely unguarded? Even if he stood up in position, he probably wouldn't have saved that goal. But no, Hank's fault. WTF?

Then there's a breakaway. Hank almost has it, but he scores. Another goal that is apparently Hank's fault. Yeah, how dare he disappoint our defense like that? The only goal he had a chance on, but when you blame breakaways on the goalie, you have issues.

Then there's another deflection goal and you blame Hank is down too early. WTF? Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Apparently not.

And then you whine that Hank was down on the ice too much during the first half of the game. Maybe, just maybe - from what I saw - that had something to do with that the puck constantly ended up in scrums in front of the net and that there were constant screened shots where Hank couldn't see the puck. What do you do when you lose vision of the puck? You play the numbers you morons. Don't ask me what that means if you seriously don't know. I've tried to explain it maybe 20 times and I'm done with it.

I'm seriously done posting here, because the average knowledge level here is ridiculously low, not to mention the collective ADHD syndrome. I really hope he some day gets traded from this team to a competitive organisation, so you can have fun really whining at the goaltending.

Last edited by Chimp: 02-14-2011 at 05:59 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 05:31 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
You people are simply put ridiculous. You bash Hank for allowing three goals? Let's see here.

You whine that he was "flopping around on the ice" on the first goal. Yes, that first goal when he was left completely alone with an uncontested shooter in front of the net and had to single handedly take care of the rebound as well. Not a D-man in sight. A scramble ensues, the puck ends up further up ice and is redirected into the net off one of our own D-man. And you blame Hank. WTF?

Then there's a breakaway. Hank almost has it, but he scores. Another goal that is apparently Hank's fault. Yeah, how dare he disappoint our defense like that?

Then there's another deflection goal and you blame Hank is down too early. WTF? Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Apparently not.

And then you whine that Hank was down on the ice too much during the first half of the game. Maybe, just maybe - from what I saw - that had something to do with that the puck constantly ended up in scrums in front of the net and that there were constant screened shots where Hank couldn't see the puck.

I'm seriously done posting here, because the average knowledge level here is ridiculously low. I really hope he some day gets traded from this team, so you can have fun really whining at the goaltending.
Yeah, I have to agree with the above (except I'm still posting here!).

Tim Thomas has let in 10 goals in his past 2 games and Henrik seems to have pissed off the gods of deflections. Seems every game there's a weird bounce or two that doesn't go his way.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 05:46 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Yeah, I have to agree with the above (except I'm still posting here!).

Tim Thomas has let in 10 goals in his past 2 games and Henrik seems to have pissed off the gods of deflections. Seems every game there's a weird bounce or two that doesn't go his way.
7 consecutive games, with a total of 10 goals allowed from deflections off our own players. Yes, completely ridiculous, but it's not like this team hasn't allowed tons of deflection goals before, not just in such concentrated bursts like these.

HF fans are losing it, but their ability to come to sensible conclusions are as accurate as giving cattle a bottle of whiskey and then ask what stocks you should invest your life savings in. The whole team is in a ridiculous funk, we can't score and we can't defend properly, but somehow it's Hank's fault because he's not clairvoyant enough to save all those deflections. Even the coach is apparently braindead enough to believe he should expect it. That statement where he basically bashed Hank for the FLA, PIT and NJ (the only fair game to bash, but unnecessary) & etc losses was simply put awkward for coming from the head coach. Is he the coach or a casual beer fan?

Perspective. Too many fans in here lack that quality and it's making the boards unbearable. It's one thing when people are drunk in GDTs and expectedly emotional, another when you have the time to reflect before posting in other threads.

Last edited by Chimp: 02-14-2011 at 06:03 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 08:08 AM
truebluegoalie

AP write up of the game is total bs:

"CALLAHAN LEADS RANGERS PAST INJURY PLAGUED PENGUINS
A perfect storm of potential greeted the slumping New York Rangers when the battered and beaten Pittsburgh Penguins came to town at the end of a long, emotional weekend."
"We just have to find ways to win games. We all need to step up our game," Penguins forward Jordan Staal said. "Right now it's not easy for our team to consistently kill penalties. With the lack of players in our lineup, we can't keep taking penalties."

**** man, I didn't hear the rangers make excuses when they were missing 10 players. I love how the rangers, and islanders for that matter, only beat the penguins because they were shorthanded.

Anyway, great win for the Rangers, Callahan was of course my player of the game, helped my fanatsy team have a sweet sunday night comeback too. I had to go out at 4pm for dinner so when I came got home around 7 I watched the rest of the game on the MSG replay....so much better than that horrible FSN feed.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 08:27 AM
CaptainCallahan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
**** man, I didn't hear the rangers make excuses when they were missing 10 players. I love how the rangers, and islanders for that matter, only beat the penguins because they were shorthanded.
In all honesty dude, we only won because they were shorthanded. Yea we scored 5, but we let up 3, to the likes of superstars such as Nick Johnson, Deryk Engelland, and Brett Sterling. Sidney Crosby alone would have taken the game over and put in at least 2. Also, Ranger killers like Malkin and Dustin Jeffrey likely would have scored, and lets not forget about Mark Letestu and Chris Kunitz.

A win is a win and we badly needed these 2 points, but its not as if we dominated them from opening faceoff to the final buzzer. Inject some more talent into their lineup and they beat us.

CaptainCallahan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 08:39 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Midway through the first i knew who i was already voting for for player of the game. Cally was BACK. I was paying attention to him the past few games, and it still looked like he was struggling a bit getting back into it. His legs werent always there, he was having trouble accepting passes, holding onto the puck...

All that seemed to come together tonight. Regardless of the goals (which were huge ones) i thought he was back to playing his game. Constantly in the opponents face, using the stick, on the body every chance he had, and taking that one extra stride to force the issue. This is a big deal for this team and for the first time since he broke his hand I think he got it back. Hopefully he builds on this and takes it in to Thursday and Friday.

All in all, a good game - but to be honest i thought there were a few others during the losing streak that the Rangers played batter. Thats what happens sometimes with the bounces. Huge win though to snap the streak, and even bigger with all the teams breathing down their neck. Lets focus on LA now because they are going to be a tough team to beat.

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 08:54 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:

You whine that he was "flopping around on the ice" on the first goal. Yes, that first goal when he was left completely alone with an uncontested shooter in front of the net and had to single handedly take care of the rebound as well. He "flopped", to cut the ice for the rebound. Not a D-man in sight. A scramble ensues, the puck ends up further up ice and is redirected into the net off one of our own D-men. How about the other 5 pylons on the ice that lost puck battle after puck battle and left the most important area in the defensive zone completely unguarded? Even if he stood up in position, he probably wouldn't have saved that goal. But no, Hank's fault. WTF?

Then there's a breakaway. Hank almost has it, but he scores. Another goal that is apparently Hank's fault. Yeah, how dare he disappoint our defense like that? The only goal he had a chance on, but when you blame breakaways on the goalie, you have issues.

And then you whine that Hank was down on the ice too much during the first half of the game. Maybe, just maybe - from what I saw - that had something to do with that the puck constantly ended up in scrums in front of the net and that there were constant screened shots where Hank couldn't see the puck. What do you do when you lose vision of the puck? You play the numbers you morons. Don't ask me what that means if you seriously don't know. I've tried to explain it maybe 20 times and I'm done with it.

I'm seriously done posting here, because the average knowledge level here is ridiculously low, not to mention the collective ADHD syndrome. I really hope he some day gets traded from this team to a competitive organisation, so you can have fun really whining at the goaltending.
A little sensitive are we? We all love Hank and are not interested in replacing him. But, let's call a spade a spade. Although none of the goals were soft he could have made the plays and didn't. When he lacks confidence he goes down too early and that's what he's doing now. Don't worry we still support him but everyone is quick to lay blame everywhere else and give Hank a pass. And btw, I wouldn't calll the second goal a breakaway. If you would then we have to call your hockey knowledge into question crazy man.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:37 AM
CaptainCallahan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
All in all, a good game - but to be honest i thought there were a few others during the losing streak that the Rangers played batter. Thats what happens sometimes with the bounces. Huge win though to snap the streak, and even bigger with all the teams breathing down their neck. Lets focus on LA now because they are going to be a tough team to beat.
Actually, I think it was because we scored 3 power play goals. All the games during the losing streak, we played pretty well, but our power play was powerless. Against the Pens, we didn't have our best game, but since our power play was very effective, we won. Thats the difference. Get the power play to remain effective, and combined with our team toughness and defense, we can surprise a team or two in the playoffs.

CaptainCallahan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:39 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Exactly. If we had a decent powerplay for any of the games during the streak we'd win it, easily.

If we were able to maintain a good powerplay we could be a dangerous team, but obviously this is probably a flash in the pan and we'll probably go back to losing the one goal games instead of winning 5-3.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Front page is completed!

Old
02-14-2011, 10:07 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCallahan View Post
In all honesty dude, we only won because they were shorthanded. Yea we scored 5, but we let up 3, to the likes of superstars such as Nick Johnson, Deryk Engelland, and Brett Sterling. Sidney Crosby alone would have taken the game over and put in at least 2. Also, Ranger killers like Malkin and Dustin Jeffrey likely would have scored, and lets not forget about Mark Letestu and Chris Kunitz.

Inject some more talent into their lineup and they beat us.
good to know.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:
Front page is completed!
Really great job dude! Tons of info and analysis consolidated in one place. I know it's alot of work, and just wanted you to know we appreciate it.

With LoFFen doing the GDT and you doing the PGT, we are pretty spoiled. I've seen other team's threads, and they're pathetic compared to ours.

Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:34 AM
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Really great job dude! Tons of info and analysis consolidated in one place. I know it's alot of work, and just wanted you to know we appreciate it.

With LoFFen doing the GDT and you doing the PGT, we are pretty spoiled. I've seen other team's threads, and they're pathetic compared to ours.

+1. Thank you!

Norwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 10:45 AM
Blueshirt Special

Good win.

Stay the course.

Eff the pens.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:36 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:

Watch don't let the door hit ya. Honestly I justy had a feeling he was off early but I didn't put down him as the bad initially b/c overall he had a good game and even though I just felt like I was watching him have a bad game 3 goals is not terrible at all and he locked down for 50+ minutes. So I was wrong. Anytime a goalie gives up two in the first 5, 6 minutes or w/e it was it leaves a sour taste.

I personally didn't mean to wreck hank about it, dunno what other people said but the fact the goals were so quick and early like i said just left a sour taste. people do overreact a lot here case in point your last post so you gotta try and be the voice of calm and reason and laugh at it. nobody is beating your kid or stealing your wife here.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Not a problem. I do it every game.

Inferno got around to posting his postgame.

I had a hockey game of my own that i had to leave for shortly after this game ended, so I could only write it up after I got back home. Also there was a pretty serious injury on one of the other rinks that I stayed to watch (not in a morbid way, in a, oh man this sucks way)

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote